Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2001, 06:48 AM   #31  

Hello all my dear friends!!

Pat, I am so proud for you!!! It does feel great to stay OP every day. When you have done so, you really know that you have accomplished something! You hang in there with your attitude. Let hubby know that you love him no matter what, but you'd like to take some extra time to pamper yourself, and you'd appreciate his help so that you can have that extra time. I'm sure that he'd support you all the way...if he knows that you need the support.
I think you are one strong woman!!! I'm very proud to call you my friend.

One little help for your cravings (besides the chromium)...I know that we aren't supposed to consume diet sodas very much, but if I get a sweet craving, I get a little glass of diet soda on ice and sip it like a favorite sweet liquor. It tricks my mind into thinking it has had something which it should not on this program, and keeps me focused.

Pam, I know you are doing as well as you can. Please don't forget to take care of yourself. You won't be much good if you don't rest. I'm so thankful for the visits that we have had. My prayers are always there for you, and now your little Simba.

Dana, I have what I think is a great attitude with this program. You and I think so much alike. Although I have had some problems with weight gain, I know that it is temporary and not the end of the world. I am debating trying to find a swim club that I too can join. Now that it's going to start getting cooler, I'm going to need to do something....but I need to learn to do whatever I do much more slowly.

Butterfly, this is a wondeful program. My mother in law doesn't have all that much weight to lose , and she's also losing it slowly. I noticed that you said that you were doing the carb solutions shake mix and protein bars. I think they are good for emergencies, but watch for hidden carbs in them. Also, I found when I ate one of them that they actually caused me to have huge cravings for carbs. Maybe there was something in them I was allergic to. Since this is a new way of eating, I try not to eat anything that isn't pretty fresh...meat, fish, vegies, etc. I try not to have anything that has preservatives in them...trying to cleanse my body of the toxins and impurities.

By the way, I never did welcome you to our board. I've been kind of self-centered this last month or so. I apologize to you and to all of my friends.

Sue, I don't need any tape. I'm crazy glued to this wagon!!! I've stayed OP since I've been back home. Do we need another challenge for staying OP? Let's see who can buckle up and stay OP the longest...no excuses are allowed!!! I'm always smacking your hand when you think you need to have that one little bite...it does hurt...YOU!!! Stay tough my friend...I'm tying your fanny down to the seat. I hope you get over your cold soon.

Terri, are you on this bus with us? Sure miss hearing from you.

My back is still the pits, but I've decided that I'm going to try to go just a little slower. I may look like quasimoto, but I'm a good looking quasimoto. I know that the 10 pounds I have gained is a reaction from the meds and aggravates me, but this too shall pass...no reason to go off program.

Greg is also on this program with me and is losing a pound a week. He's just too gorgeous!!! Good thing my back has been out lately...I might just be interrupting his sleep!!! (OH MY...can't believe I said that!!!)

We're all tough women...we CAN do this program. Life has enough ups and downs...those which we can't control. But we CAN control the scale ups and downs!

My love to you all. Just hang in there and reap the rewards.

Lee
Old 10-09-2001, 08:52 PM   #32  
I WILL REACH MY GOAL!

Just a quick hello as I have TONS of work to finish tonight!

Nice to see our Paula posting! I was about to start #5 since we are up to 2 pages.... but was afraid if I did nobody would see her nice post. I guess we can start #5 tomorrow!

I have sworn off the peanuts I have been craving and opted to munch of fresh green beans today. (Not the same.... *sigh*)
On Plan as always...but geeeez was I craving PEANUTS? Still looking for a reason. Any ideas?

Weather was so nice here in Pittsburgh that I walked 2 1/2 miles rather than the swimming. (Nasus...did you enjoy the leaves changing as you rode piggy back on me and made me go that extra lap when I wanted to quit at 2 miles??? LOL)

I finally put a "angel" under my name. I had nothing there and decided I should get something up. (She is blond like me!)

Well..............work is waiting.....BEEP BEEP...bus is rolling!!!!!!!!!

Stay on plan my friends!

CONTROL IS THE KEY TO A VICTORY!!
Old 10-09-2001, 09:38 PM   #33  

Hi everyone. I can't wait to try the tea. Actually I'm on my 2nd day and doing really good. My attitude is better thanks to all the advice. I won't be long because I need to go walk and I'm doing my best friends laundry. I just forgot about all the different foods to have around now that i stocked up i'm ok. with it getting dark earlier i feel like i have less hours at night to get things done. i haven't got my new clothes i ordered good thing since i did horrible last week. maybe by time they get here i can fit into them. and you know your all right i have come along ways this past year. i've gone from a 12 to a 9 and shouldn't complain. 3years ago i was at my heaviest 176 and i'm no where near that today. so yes i have done good. my goal is 140 but would love 128. good night going to EXERCISE
Old 10-09-2001, 09:44 PM   #34  

oh yeah, i changed my goal to. i've always tried to lose 10 lbs month, don't know why, but i think i set myself up to fail, so i think 5 lbs month is good. can't wait for friday weight in. i'm being good and staying off the scale until then. good night friends
Closed Thread