Old 11-28-2006, 12:44 PM   #106  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Today my life is back to normal!I have had such a crazy week because of the Holidays, work, and a possible new job. Today my life is back!!! Now I will be able to get to know everyone here a little better. Everyone here is so Amazing!! I love all the support that I have read (and gotten) already. I am back to basics starting today. I want to be in the 150's by the new year!!!!!
I am going to catch up on some previous posts today (after my workout!!!) I hope I will be able to address everyone individually soon.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 01:25 PM   #107  
My Incentive Pic

S/C/G: 175/166/150

Default custom avatar

I am trying to put in a custom avatar with no luck its not accepting th photo even though ive cropped it to 110X150 pixels. its a jpeg just cant figure out whats wrong!
littlegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 01:32 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 155/148/128

Height: 5'7"

Wow what a lot of posts to read! I think it is wonderful. I love the idea about the pictures, I'm going to dig some out.

Yesterday was one of my best diet days in a long time. I ate 1200 calories and exercised for 1 full hour.

Portion control is a major issue for me also. I am never full and take lots of fiber pills to help. I could eat all day

Got to head back to work. Will post tonight.
stopeating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 01:47 PM   #109  
My Incentive Pic

S/C/G: 175/166/150

Default custom Avatars

I have to get ready for work now girls but I cant wait to see all of your new avatars when I get home.
littlegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 02:23 PM   #110  
Losing To Live

S/C/G: 289/266/140

Height: 5'5

miafluker: You are definitely right. I believe the key to staying away from bingeing is not giving up after you've slipped up. A lot of people have the mentality that if you slip up just once, then you might as well scrap the entire day, when that isn't the case at all!

Losing4another: Good luck! Today is a new day. Don't let yesterdays ruin the todays in life.

ennay: I have the exact opposite problem! When I want to do something nice for a friend, and I ask for help, suddenly everyone disappears. It's like the freaking twighlight zone, or something! Forget about the others. They aren't focusing on the important thing, the fact that a friend is down and needs a pick me up. If they are so **** bent on being in on this, maybe suggest to them some things they could get her, and they could all go in on that. Then present both gifts from the entire group If they still act like they are (which in my opinion is childish), then it's their loss. You are very kind for even taking that step in the first place to cheer your friend up!

Melissa: That's right, you're only a little south of us, so you're getting the arctic winds as well! For the last couple of days, it's been about -35C (-31F). BRRRRR! But we're used to it up here hah. We have only 2 seasons. Summer for 3 months, Winter for the other 9 :P

Nikaia: You're absolutely right. I'm already exercising at home every day, so the gym was like the extra bonus. But it's just too much! As long as I keep getting in my 60 min/day, I'll be good!

littlegg: I have a photo just like that, too! I was 16 :blush: With the photo you are trying to add, it might have something to do with the size. What are you using to save the photo, and does it give you an option at what quality it is saved when you are saving it on your computer after cropping?

Jasmine:
I'm going to try and find a recipe for that bread, and bake some at home!

jcatron243: Good luck with the new job!

Ann: Great work on yesterday!

--
Yesterday was a great day, food-wise. However, today I am getting a bit annoyed with DF. Maybe I'm just crabby. It's not that he isn't supportive. Those of you from the previous TG challenge have heard the other side of the paper when I'm talking good about him . It's just that the little things are getting to me. He cleaned his computer desk today. But only because he had to. He spilled a bunch of pop on his electronics, and even then he only cleaned the area where it spilled. Grr. Then yesterday he left the step ladder RIGHT IN FRONT of the fridge (the cupboard of junk food is right above the fridge). He's been doing things like that a lot. Leaving the step ladder out, leaving cupboard doors open when getting dishes, or things from the pantry. Leaving dishes on his desk, and the list goes on. It's starting to wear VERY thin. Anyway, the other day I tripped over the step ladder, so when he pulled it out today, I asked him to make sure it was put away when he was done, and he got all snotty in my face. Like, "Well, I hate having to take the step ladder out every time I want something from that cupboard. I'm just going to move it all back." ARG&^*W%E*&R%WE*&R%W$E%%&^%&^$^#%#@$#@&^
The whole freaking reason I moved that crap out of the pantry was because every time I saw it, I was triggered to binge.
Like, you are either with me or against me, ya know?
And I know tomorrow I won't feel this bad, I'm just crabby because he has been home from work 2 days in a row, and this is usually "me" time. This is when I exercise, tidy up the house, and watch my A&E shows. But instead I'm stuck watching him play video games and making a mess.

GO TO FREAKING WORK! YOU AREN'T REALLY SICK! TRY GOING TO BED EARLIER!

Sorry, soooo crabby today!
martiniforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 02:51 PM   #111  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Martini, thanks for the cute little graphics. I can't wait till I get my computer back so I can start collecting graphics again.

Welcome Ennay!

How is everyone? Dang, December is practically here. It was just August! Jeez.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 03:23 PM   #112  
Goodbye Fat!

Okay so far so good today. I have made it through lunch and that is a big accomplishment right now. Now if I can stick to my plan and have my healthy dinner and no snacks later tonight. I just need to keep myself busy and then I won't have time to snack...if only life were that simple

martiniforme: I can relate with you. Last week I thought everything my DH did was intentional and it really go on my nerves. Just remember we love them for you they are. I put all of my DH snacks in a one of those rubbermaid boxes and put it in his office by the computer so it is not even in the kitchen. The lid stays on it so I am never see it and he seems to think it is a good plan. Also he has to keep his sodas in the refrigerator in the garage not in the house.

stopeating: congrats on your accomplishment today! Is 1200 calories too low for you though? I try to keep around 1500 a day (you can see my stats by my avatar)
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 04:15 PM   #113  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

OK I am pretty proud of myself now. Last night in the mommyforum upheaval (god stuff can degenerate so freaking fast on a forum with the old written word cant it?- can I just throw in an apology NOW for some future misunderstanding to all of you?) I was bawling and furious at the same time. Which meant that by midnight I had not yet fallen asleep. No freaking way was I going to manage a 3 am feeding and still get up at 5 to workout. So I took the stuff I had pumped for the am feeding and told dh he was taking the 3am (he is very very good about helping whenever) and I finally slept a few hours.

But I was still angry and sick feeling this morning and it took every ounce of energy to cook myself breakfast (I have to really really watch carb/protein balance in the morning, it becomes less important as the day goes by) when what I really wanted to do was scarf a bowl of cold cereal. I knew if I did that I would never workout because by the time I dropped dd off at preschool cereal would be leaving me in a famished state. So I ate my omelette and took dd to school and drove straight to the gym. (30 minutes, 1 nursing and 2 diapers later..I actually started my workout)

By the way ..kudos to anyone who can do cardio at a gym. I am a runner and run outdoors. Outdoors I can go for as long as I need to and not get bored ...indoors on a treadmill I have about 10 minutes before I am watching the clock.

SO despite major emotional turmoil, I stuck to plan...that is a major victory right there.

Thanks to all of you who gave me props!
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 04:47 PM   #114  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Way to go, Ennay!! That's so great of you!

Martini, I wish you the best of luck with your DF. My SO and I have never lived together for more than three months, one summer when I moved out to live with him while I was off of school. But we're pretty sure that as long as we have some area that is designated as *his space* and some that is designated as *my space* we will be all right. We're both very private people so we can respect each others' needs for space.

------

Donuts for breakfast this morning. Bad, bad me. I justified it to myself since I didn't even break 1000 cal yesterday, I could afford a breakfast like this. *sigh* I'm just stressed, got finals in a week and papers due and all sorts of not-fun stuff, so I don't have the time to actually get/make *real* food like I'm supposed to. One of these days...
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 06:47 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 155/148/128

Wow what a day... interesting stuff happening at work. I need to think about it...I think it's good. Work stuff, home stuff, family stuff, when does it stop?

I've done well with food again at 1200 calories. Just need to get the exercise in.

Here are my personals. Hope I didn't miss anyone.

Martiniforme - sorry about your stress. I know those feelings all to well and I have to hold myself back from saying something that I will regret later. If I walk away from it for awhile, I handle it better.

Ennay - Good for you! I remember those days and it was never easy. And that was without trying to exercise!

dollypie - Great job on the eating plan. Low calories seem to be the only thing that works for me. I was on a hospital supervised plan of 800 calories a day to lose weight before. I have been dieting for 21/2 weeks and haven't lost a pound at the 1200 calories. I'm trying to get an hour of exercise in a day now. Boy do I love my snacks.

jcatron234 - Glad life is back to normal. Holidays are fun, but I like getting back to "normal"

Jasmine - You are doing a great job

Nikaia - Lost a pound after Thanksgiving!

Hunebe - In the 20's! Yuck!! We are at 60 today but we are suppose to have a foot of snow on Friday. Flu weather will be here. A good eating day is a good day period!! Yeah for you

Miafluker - Water intake is next to impossible for me (haven't had any today). I think its worse than the exercise.

Brandibelle - Glad to meet you. You are in the right place.

Losing4another - I know you can do it.

Littlegg - I'm looking for my pictures.
stopeating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 07:36 PM   #116  
Losing To Live

Thanks to everyone for their kind words of support over the crabby mood!
I've sat back to think about it, and taken some time to myself. I got to the root of the crabby mood, and it all stems from me not working out the issues I had over the weekend with my mother. I sat in my workout room (ie: the spare bedroom haha), and worked it out, then I actually went and worked out for 45 minutes, doing a walking DVD (4.5mph for just over 3m), and I am feeling MUCH better.

I have also decided to give myself until the end of the week to decide about the gym membership. If I do not go at least twice this week, then I'm letting it go.

With that tied up, we're going out tonight to buy a new (fake) tree. So the evening looks to be promising!

Thanks everyone
Also! For the ladies that were not a part of the TG challenge before, we have decided to do a little internet Secret Santa. More details to follow!
Old 11-28-2006, 07:48 PM   #117  
Losing To Live

Default Hot & Healthy Secret Santa

For details on our Hot & Healthy Secret Santa, click http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...&postcount=351!

I had to post it in the TG challenge so the images would work .
Old 11-28-2006, 08:10 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 184/174.8/132

Height: 5' 4"

I'm going on a date with my husband. I'm so excited I even did my nails and hair after working out today. We are going out to eat and a movie. I pm you martininiforme about the secret santa, I hope you received it; it was my first time.
loveandlaughalways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 08:18 PM   #119  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Wow, a Secret Santa, how fascinating. *grin* PM'ed you!

I'm glad you're doing better, Martini. *hugs*

Ann, I don't know how you stick to 1200...I go nuts with anything less than about 1400!
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 08:23 PM   #120  
Losing To Live

Lori and Nikaia, I got both your messages, thanks
Lori: You must be sooo excited!! Have fun