Old 11-24-2006, 12:49 PM   #16  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Good morning ladies! Hi Sugarbaby! Hi Stopeating!

Well it is time to face the piper. I had got down to 214 by sunday but after my bad eating that day I gained a pound on monday! Lost .50 a pound of it by tuesday but now gained it back after yesterday. Still not bad that damage control is only 1 pound though. What I am very sad about is that I only lost 5 pounds all month! I was 219 at the beginning. Then got to 214. We do still have two weeks left in the month so I am hoping to kick my butt and lose at least another 2! The 7 wouldn't be so bad! I am a bit frustrated cause it feels like my food has been pretty good with the cals except the few slip ups and I have been walking an average of 90 minutes a day briskly(instead of the 67 average from last month)!

I was thinking back and it seems I have not been as diligent about doing my chicken veggie rice days. I still do alot of chicken but I have been changing things. Like for instance for some reason last week I was on a huge burrito kick! We had bean and cheese burritos 3 times! Twice it was with the wheat tortillas but I really think those are not much better than the white ones. We also had burritos once this week. Now the day I did have burritos this week, I lost the next day .50 a pound. The point I am trying to get to is that I think I need to keep my cals at about 1550, instead of the 1700 range. I need to MAKE Sure I do those chicken veggie rice days. I also did try my pilaties for beginners last nite. Hooray! I also did an 8 minute abs session. I really liked that one. I think I will try to make that part of my daily and also to try the pilaties more often. Another thing I know I slipped on was not drinking as much water!

The reason I haven't freaked about the scale is because even though I am not getting much scale validation I AM seeing the weight come off! Like I told you all about my upper tummy? Yep. ALso my waist is getting thinner it is so cute! I have a waist again! SO who knows? Maybe with the extar walking I am not losing pounds (YET) but inches! I need to have Joey measure me tonite!

SO I am going to start a new ticker today! I would LOVE to lose 10 pounds by x~mas! So as of today ladies we are officially starting up our

Fat Smash Xmas Bash!

Yep! I want to lose 10 more by x~mas and I know if I buckle down I can do it! Another thing I know I have gotten bad about in the last few weeks that was different than last month(when I lost 9.50 pounds! that month) was my coffee. The routine I follow is fruit and water ONLY til lunch at 12. I have been bad and been having a cup of coffee before then. If I have time later I may look back thru fitday last month and see if there is anything else different but I think that is probably about it. The coffee, the water, more chicken veggie rice nites.

Come on ladies ! We can do this!!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 12:53 PM   #17  
I AM healthy!

Mande:

Quote:
I will be back Sunday night, so I will be MIA for a few days. I will miss all of you!
Awww I am going to miss you!! At least it will be the weekend so kids and hubby will keep me busy! haha
Quote:
Well, I have to go pack (poo). I will see all of you lovely ladies on Sunday. I will redo my signature at that time.
Cool! Don't forget to add us!!

Quote:
P.S. I thought of a neat 'challenge' for between Christmas and New Years. Once we hit Christmas, we should make a sort of challenge to maintain for those 5 days, then start a new challenge on Jan 1st. Thoughts?
Sounds like a great idea to me!! Come back soon!
Old 11-24-2006, 01:34 PM   #18  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Good Morning after lovelies!! ugh am I ready to get back on track! My body is just screaming at me because of all the crap that I've eaten lately (yesterday especially) so here is my starting point

1. starting weight: 233.2 (at last weigh in, that may be more now!)
2. I plan to walk, use the gym for weights and my elliptical
3. I'm not going to calorie count but I will be making good food choices, I am going to take a page from Mande and plan out my day each day and hold myself accountable for it.

BTW I'm 34, married mother of 2 amazing girls ages 11 and 7. I'm a full time student majoring in business administration - accounting and psychology. I'm also the PTA pres at my daughters school and a HUGE Denver Broncos fan.

Speaking of school, I've gotta hit the books and get some studying done. Semester is almost over Yay!! LOL! Mia...so glad to see you here girl!! This group really is amazing and you wont feel so alone like the last one!!

Okay sorry to be short! How'd that shopping go everyone!?
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 01:54 PM   #19  
I AM healthy!

Hi Melissa!

Mia, what was the last group you were in?

Just had to share these with you gals!
My DH and I both fit in my old work belt!
Old 11-24-2006, 02:42 PM   #20  

Good morning!
Jasmine you looked great in those pics! I can definately see that you've lost in your waist! WOWzie! I can't wait for that to happen to me.
Hi Melissa! Hope you had a great TG. I agree with you. I'm ready to start a new challenge and get things going again.

Today I weighed myself and can you believe it????? I lost a pound. The scale finally budged and after TG day at that!!! So, I'm hyped.

MandeHave a safe trip and see you when you get back. BTW... what is MIA?
sugarbaby269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 03:14 PM   #21  
jenabelle

S/C/G: 220/205/165

Height: 5'11''

Default up for the challenge

hi, i would love to participate in this group! i am all about challenges, and i do like the idea of monthly goals! i am jut-turned-30, and need to drop about 40 lbs, asap! i am the worst about beating myself up for eating poorly, and then my portion control is way out of whack. that, my friends, can be a deadly and traumatizing situation. nice to know i'm not the only one that drives myself crazy! i am so glad i found 3fatchicks.com!
jenabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 03:52 PM   #22  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine31 View Post
Hi Melissa!

Mia, what was the last group you were in?

Just had to share these with you gals!
My DH and I both fit in my old work belt!
hi jasmine, i was in the winning losers group

Last edited by miafluker; 11-24-2006 at 03:57 PM.
miafluker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 03:57 PM   #23  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

welcome jennabelle hi Mel, sugarbaby,mande, stopeating and everyone else!
im at work right now stuck doing officework because we dont see patients on fridays or saturdays so ill have to check back in later before i get caught how is everyone doing today/
miafluker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 08:55 PM   #24  
I AM healthy!

Sorry it took me a few days to get caught up on the old thread but I did NOT want to just breeze over everything! Maybe later I can catch up on this one!

Martini:

Quote:
Today was much better. I got to MIL's house to start working, and she sent me home, giving me a chance to catch up on all my stupid housework and laundry. Well, I am proud to say, for the most part, I got the nasty stuff out of the way. I just HATE going full steam 100% of the day. It feels like there is never any time to relax!
I wake up around 6ish, get the hubby off to work by 7. Then I make breakfast for myself, eat it, go to the gym at 8, work at 9, get home at 3 in which I clean, do laundry, visit the kitties, and make dinner. Then after dinner, I'm cleaning more, doing more laundry, and then I poop out here, then go to bed. My weekends are constantly bogarted by trips out of the city to go shopping (and not even the really fun clothes shopping kind!), or doing the heavier cleaning (cleaning the bathrooms, scrubbing floors, taking out garbage, cat litter, fridge, stove, and the list goes on). I just want to rip my hair out sometimes, and I think whoever made time really could have put in a couple more hours a day
Busy, busy, busy! Just wait til you two have kids! It is a good thing you are great at time management!

Quote:
I never though ever in my life that I would be proud to make a meal out of boiled eggs and carrots, hehe.
haaha I know exactly what ya mean. I remember once in a blue moon seeing my mom eat a grapefruit and I was like YUCK!!! Now I eat one almost every day for my health!

Quote:
Oh, I almost forgot. I'm going to spend the weekend with my mom while step dad is in the hospital getting surgery in Calgary
I hope he gets better soon!!

Quote:
My mom is really upset with the whole thing. For the first time John showed her a copy of his will, and gave her funeral instructions etc, and even gave her Xmas presents early (as a just in case)
Aww hun! Send them my best too! What is wrong with him? He sounds like a great guy to be so sick yet wanting to make sure she got her presents!

Quote:
I have done so well, and I think I can do it. I haven't had any "free" meals since starting, so this might do me some good!
You deseve it hunny! Just remember you might retain water for a few days! Drink plenty of water!!

Quote:
Then we'll probably get drunk and gossip around the kitchen table, hehe.
Dang I wish I could join ya!

Quote:
Okay, so I think we should do a secret santa! Would that not be fun, or what?!
Except, instead of buying presents, we can do other things that don't cost.
Some examples:
1. Write a poem or something really inspiring for your gift buddy
2. Make them an icon(s)
3. If you're in to digital art, you could always make a digital art piece they can print
4. Find a recipe that you think suits them, and send it to them for some low-cal goodies!
5. Find a poem that reminds you of them, or that you think will inspire them
And so on.
So, if anyone wants to partake, we can start it with the Xmas challenge. How to choose? Well, we can take all of our names, and have an impartial party match us all up. Then they can send us PMs with who our secret santa buddy is. Anyone up for it??
That is great! I love it!!!

littlegg:

Quote:
Jasmine if I havent told you your pictures a few days ago were really great,
what a difference, I'll bet you feel better too. As for the crunches have you tried an exercixe ball? they make crunches and pushups alot easier. I have one and I've had it for years now, its a great way to exercise, and tone.
If you decide to try it get one with a tape or dvd. Mine has some very relaxing stretches with it too.
Thanx for the compliments sweetie!! I am so much happier now that I am getting healthy and losing this extra weight. I can't beloieve what a dark hole I was stuck in for so long!! Thanx for the info on the exercise ball! I never knew exactly WHAT they were for!

dollypie:

Quote:
Okay about to leave for the in-laws, just wanted to wish everyone a safe and happy Thanksgiving!
Have fun!!

Tisha___:

Quote:
Well, 40 minutes and I'll be outa here for 4 days!
Have a great time hun! See ya soon!!

Martini:

Quote:
Today was interesting. I've been looking at all the various different Western Chinese dishes I can partake in, and I am packing my food scale, my measuring cups, and my measuring spoons. I'll be staying away from the spring rolls. Those things are addictive! I think I'll be able to do it as long as I plan well and hard. She just isn't taking no for an answer! Thanks dolly for the advice :S Hahaha, my body has been revolting against deep fried foods as long as I can remember! It's like a double edges sword, or something lol.
I am not much on chinese but I absolutely adore fried breaded shrimp!! I also love egg rolls!!

martiniforme:

Quote:
Woo! I was stuck at this infernal 273.somethingorother. I have lost 1.2 lbs! YAY!
That is great sweetie! I am so proud of you! My lil protege'

sugarbaby269:

Quote:
I just can't seem to keep up with everyone! So many things going on in my life and it looks like everyone else's life too!
I know! It took me a few days to get caught up to with the kids and hubby home for turkey day plus extra cleaning and extra cooking the day before! haha

Quote:
Jasmine so sorry you had such a rough day on the bus with your potatoes, stroller and little one. Sounds like quite the challenge. I think you're pretty brave to grocery shop and take the kids and stroller on the bus!
Aww thanx sweetie!!!

Quote:
Thanks for all your imput... and you too Jasmine..
Your welcome sweetie!!

Quote:
I am really not good on how to use this computer board thing. I don't know how to "make" an icon or even figure out how to copy and paste, etc. I know Jasmine you tried to explain but I'm dense when it comes to things like that and basically have to do the hands on thing. So I would love to be a part of the christmas thing and all but I don't know how to do computer things well. Grrrrr. Frustrating. :P I hope to join the rest of you for the next challenge even though I have only lost a few pounds on this one.
DO NOT feel bad! I lost 6 and gained 1 back! At least we are losing though!

Quote:
I'm a bit frustrated and bummed about my lack of weight loss. Take for instance the other day I worked out and walked (which I have been doing quite a bit of both) and only had part of a burger and some devilish onion rings. Yes, I know that wasn't healthy or low cal at all but thats all I had all day and the next day when I got on the scale I had gained a pound.
Aww hun! Remember sometimes it is water retention. Try to have one really bad meal a week and stick to that. Also, if you are the one who is doing 1200-1400 cals, I think that may be too low for you hun! You may want to try 1800-1900 and see if you can lose on that! I believe you can. I started losing on 1800 a day average and still lose on roughly 1700 average. and I am 214. I am also walking at least 60 a day. Make sure it is clean food too and not full of sugar! Try to stick to whole wheat bread and brown rice! you can do this hun!!

Quote:
He is home now but all that stress and the family drama.
Awww!!! I would of been spitting nails!!!

What also helps me is when I get enough fiber. Some days it really fills me up where I have to scramble just to find MORE cals to eat! Get the junk out of your home! You dont need it and neither do the kids!

Also remember that if you do not get enough cals your body may think it is starving itself and hold onto the fat!

I also try to eat small meals thruout the day.

Martini:

Quote:
The way I see it is, if I cut all of this stuff out of my diet to lose, then when I reintroduce it in to my diet, it might be too much after not having had it for over a year or more.
Yes the big thing all of us need to remember is that to maintain our weight loss we can NOT go back to old eating habits. Unless we want to gain it back. That is why I am not always so strict with myself. I am trying to train my body to enjoy food and have treats now and then, but to basically eat healthy.

Sugarbaby:

Quote:
My greatest fear with this diet is the fact that I have had Lymphoma. I wonder sometimes if my glands are messed up from that. I haven't had chemo in over a year but I'm just messed up. Then on top of that the ED from when I was in highschool have messed up my system too. I still can't grasp the concept that I can eat food and lose weight.
I understand hun. What I tell myself sometimes when I get discouraged and think I might plateau, or no=t ever lose another pound etc is I tell myself, well then it is better to maintain at 214 than to be out of control at 280!!! I tell myself no matter what to get my butt out and walk every day cause if nothing else, it is great for my heart! Eat healthy food to be healthy, not to just lose weight. The losing will just be a bonus!

Quote:
I don't go starving myself for days on end, etc. I just think no food = weight loss.
Do NOT not eat! That is very damaging to your organs! Remember the model who just died from anorexia?

Quote:
I am afraid that I will gain even more weight if I eat that much or if I eat the carbs. Sooo... I think.. no sugar, low carb, etc.
Try to remember that there are healthy carbs! Carbs is what the body uses for energy and the brain needs them too! I have lost successfully these poast few months by doing app. 50% carbs, 30% fat, 20% protein. Although I am trying to get the protein to 25% and the fats to 25%

Quote:
I do bloat very fast whenever I eat carbs such as pasta or breads or sugars.
Stick to whole grain wheat and brown rice then!

Martini:

Quote:
My goal was to lose 10lbs. My actual loss was 7.8.
That is great hun! I am so proud of you!!

Quote:
And come ladies!! Wake up!! Everyone out of bed!! I want to know everyone's final numbers!!!
If I haven't mentioned it already it was 6 pounds down for the challenge but I gained one back! But I also like to look at the month too and we still have another week in November!!!

sugarbaby269:

Quote:
Ok, this challenge I have only lost 3 pounds. BUT at least I'm getting the mind frame to eat healthier and focus on what I ameating instead of mindlessly eating whatever whenever. My exercise has went from nil to an average of at least 69 minutes a day 5x a week
That is great sweetie! You are on the path to success!! You are making great changes!

Quote:
Jasminethe name you picked gave me a grin when I read it. I think it's a great pick!
Thanx! *snickers*

martiniforme:

Quote:
Jasmine: LOVE IT! Let's do it!
Yeah!!

Quote:
Sugar: Those are some pretty wonderful things to be thankful for My step-dad is doing alright. There were no major complications during his surgery, and they monitored his heart really closely. Now that his back is taken care of, they are going to start focusing on his heart.
I will keep him in my prayers!!

Quote:
I like the whole idea of not focusing 100% on weight loss. If we focus on nutrition, exercise, and healthy living, the weight should just come off as an added bonus, right?! And that way, even when we hit plateau's, have bad days, slip-ups, etc, there isn't the added guilt of "oh man, now I'm gonna gain x lbs!" Which we all know can be one of the worst downers!
Exactly! Plus some people get bummed and quit when they are not losing, that is the worst. So this way we focus on being healthy!!
Old 11-24-2006, 11:39 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 184/174.8/132

Height: 5' 4"

Hello i'm a mom of 3 busy boys; 13, 9, and 4 soon to be 5. They love to ride their skateboards, be loud, and say "Mom, mom, mom!" They tire me sometimes, but I can't help but notice their each loving, fun, and smiling personalities making motherhood worth it!!

I do work, but am currently off due to foot injury. Sometimes making excerise difficult, but I know I must exercise to be healthy and I know it will help my bones in the long run. After all I have broken my feet several times. I know weight contributes to it. So it's not just about looking good to me, it is about the health!!!

1.) Drink more Water 8-10 glasses per day
2.) Exercise
3.) Finding more supportive loving friends who have the same goals
4.) Count my calories everyday staying within an average of 1500 per day

If I think of any more I will let you know...
loveandlaughalways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 10:30 AM   #26  
Day 1 back on plan...

S/C/G: 244/tickers/175

I'm finally back on track after being off for so long. I've lost 8lbs since getting back on YEAH
1. starting weight: 239~ didn't gain a single pound after Thanksgiving ..very proud of myself
2. I don't have a plan for exercise yet. I will have to get back to this when I find something I like and can stick to.
3. I was on WW but that wasn't working for me. I was eating to many empty calories and still feeling hungry. Now I'm cutting out the sugar. I can't believe how much easier it is to stay in control without so much sugar in my diet. I had sugar in a couple dishes for Thanksgiving and MAN was very hard to stay in control yesterday. I did it though and lost half a pound.
My goal is to be 227 by Christmas...but the challenge will be to stay in control when all those yummy treats (with tons of sugar) that will be EVERYWHERE during the season.

Can't wait to get to know everyone
Losing4another is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 11:37 AM   #27  
I AM healthy!

jenabelle:

Quote:
hi, i would love to participate in this group! i am all about challenges, and i do like the idea of monthly goals! i am jut-turned-30, and need to drop about 40 lbs, asap! i am the worst about beating myself up for eating poorly, and then my portion control is way out of whack. that, my friends, can be a deadly and traumatizing situation. nice to know i'm not the only one that drives myself crazy! i am so glad i found 3fatchicks.com!
Hi Hun! Welcome! We are glad to have you! WHat has really helped me is counting calories. I will post some links you can check out in a few minutes.

Morning Mia!!
Quote:
hi jasmine, i was in the winning losers group
So they finished the challenge and all bailed on ya?

loveandlaughalways:

Quote:
Hello i'm a mom of 3 busy boys; 13, 9, and 4 soon to be 5. They love to ride their skateboards, be loud, and say "Mom, mom, mom!" They tire me sometimes, but I can't help but notice their each loving, fun, and smiling personalities making motherhood worth it!!
Welcome sweetie! We are glad to have you!

Yeah I have two boys myself so it can be crazy at times! I met a woman on the bus the other day. She has 1 girl, 13 and 4 boys! The oldest one is 5!!! A set of twins who are 3 and one 1 month old baby! Poor thing!! lol

Quote:
I do work, but am currently off due to foot injury. Sometimes making excerise difficult, but I know I must exercise to be healthy and I know it will help my bones in the long run. After all I have broken my feet several times. I know weight contributes to it. So it's not just about looking good to me, it is about the health!!!
How did you break your foot? I am all about the health too. Both my parents have passed on, mom at 52 from cirrhosis of the liver and my dad at 65 of a heart attack, BOTH were diabetic!

Quote:
3.) Finding more supportive loving friends who have the same goals
DONE!!!

Your plan sounds good!

Losing4another:

Quote:
I'm finally back on track after being off for so long. I've lost 8lbs since getting back on YEAH
1. starting weight: 239~ didn't gain a single pound after Thanksgiving ..very proud of myself
That is great!! Good job!!!

Quote:
2. I don't have a plan for exercise yet. I will have to get back to this when I find something I like and can stick to.
For myself I really enjoy walking and I have made it a habit and actually feel guilty if I don't go or don't walk as much as usual. Maybe try with 20 minutes a day a few times a week and build from there?

Quote:
3. I was on WW but that wasn't working for me. I was eating to many empty calories and still feeling hungry. Now I'm cutting out the sugar. I can't believe how much easier it is to stay in control without so much sugar in my diet. I had sugar in a couple dishes for Thanksgiving and MAN was very hard to stay in control yesterday. I did it though and lost half a pound.
I am the same way. Everything almost has some sugar in it but I definately try to limit it. One rule of thumb I heard was 3-4 grams per serving. There are some things I haven't been able to stick to on that yet like my bagels that are whole wheat and my yogurts, but I get as little sugar as possible!

Even that is alot different from the way I used to be with 38 grams per soda!!

Quote:
My goal is to be 227 by Christmas...but the challenge will be to stay in control when all those yummy treats (with tons of sugar) that will be EVERYWHERE during the season.
Definately! I did have two pieces of pumpkin pie at my house on turkey day but at least I made it with splenda! The most fattening thing actually is the crust! I did the ingredients in fitday and the whole piece of pie is 13 grams of fat and the crust is 10!!! It is actually an excellent source of vitamin a and cinnamon is very good for you. So I talked with my hubby about making crustless pumpkin pie once a week on sundays for a treat. He is all for it.

Last edited by Jasmine31; 11-25-2006 at 11:46 AM.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:45 AM   #28  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Hi everyone! I'm here. How are you all doing?
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 11:47 AM   #29  
I AM healthy!

Hun.e.B:

Quote:
Okay sorry to be short! How'd that shopping go everyone!?
Well I went and got a few things from Target. They had the Dora dolls were $2.00 off. The Dora memory game was $3.00 off. That was for Katy. There was a go fishing game for c.j. for $6.00 off, the best deal I found though was for karolina, my 8 year old, they had a barbie real house with 50 pieces and real sounds etc, was $35.00, down to $18.88!!! Whoohoo!! She is going to love it!! There was an x~mas pajama barbie for $4.00 off. I also got us a toaster! Our old one is broke and we have been using the oven. It was only $4.50! The thing I love best is it is the wideslot for the bagels!!! Hooray!!

I looked for video games but all the good stuff was sold already and the game my son chris wants is $20.00 but wasn't on sale so I can get it later. How did your shopping go?

sugarbaby269:

Quote:
Good morning!
Jasmine you looked great in those pics! I can definately see that you've lost in your waist! WOWzie! I can't wait for that to happen to me

Aww thanx for the props sweetie!! I was looking at that pic and I know the shirt I had on was kind of big, one of my old ones but with us squeezing into that belt you can totally see how small the waist is getting! And did you notice I can almost hide behind him now! I seen my hips sticking out! But that is great cause my waist is now smaller than those hips! You will get there soon too hun!!

Quote:
Today I weighed myself and can you believe it????? I lost a pound. The scale finally budged and after TG day at that!!! So, I'm hyped.
That is awesome sweetie! I am so proud of you!!! Hooray!!!
Old 11-25-2006, 11:49 AM   #30  
I AM healthy!

JasonsLea

Quote:
Hi everyone! I'm here. How are you all doing?
Hi sweetie how are you doing? I am just getting ready to post my update! Okay I think I responded to everyone between the two threads now and am all caught up, so if I missed anyone please let me know!!

BRB!