Old 11-29-2006, 06:53 PM   #151  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Okay so i will respond to everyone of you little ladies tonite but I just got back from seeing dh for lunch and I just wanted to tell you it is flippin cold!!! It was all sunny out today so i just grabbed the windbreaker, get out there and start walking and it is freezing! I had to hurry though. I have a friend in town who is 322 and diabetic. I printed the info from the womens health calculator for her and have been giving her tips and advice. I sure hope she can get control of this. That must be so scary! I even took my dang bread wrapper to her, the ezekiel as it has NO sugar! I know how it is though, you can lead a horse to water.....

Anyhow so I had to hurry, I walked 35 minutes in the cold just to give that to her and then I talked to her for about 10 but then had to catch the bus down there. Then my dh, it was so cold I was HOPING he got off AT 1 so he could race down and meet me soon but of course not, so I started walking and he was still stuck at work! 15 more minutes in the cold! Brrr!!! Then 15 minutes back! He gave me his jacket as well and his gloves and tried to warm me up. Oh my jacket is ust a dang windbreaker too and we are tallking like 43 degree weather!! and the wind is blowing like crazy! We went in to target and looked around and I got some sphgetti for tonite. Something nice and easy to chew! Unfortunately they did not have the low sugar/low cal sauce there so oh well. Next week when I go big shopping I should get like 4 of those to keep on hand for emergencys like this!

I have kept on plan with my other eating though. Yeah me! Since I didn't have my bagel today, my hunger has NOT spiked! I knew it was those yummy bagels!

1 cup of lowfat strawberry yogurt
2 slices of ezekiel bread
1 tbs of peanut butter
32 oz of coffee w/ 5 tbs of creamer
1 slimfast low carb shake

(planning for later)

2 servings of pasta
2 servings of sauce

That only comes to 1409 calories! Really good. I do want to add a veggie but I dont want brocolli or any carby veggies like corn or peas. I was thinking carrots but I am already at 135% according to fitday! so why do it since I am not wanting to chew much anyways! The fat grams are really good 35 and 24%, carbs are a wee bit high right now, 61%, protein is 15% *sigh* I would like to add maybe another 100 cals in. I don't want to go too low(for me) plus I think 1500 would be fine since the last few days I have had much higher cal days! Okay I will add in parmesan cheese! forgot about that! Okay 2 tbs of that. I'll think about it later. Anyhow the point I was getting to was 1 cup of yogurt, 2 slices of bread, a slimfast and I am NOT hungry! Now this is normal! This is when I feel in control! The funny thing is the yogurt did have sugar in it but it doesn't spoike me the way that bagel does.

Anyways.......
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 06:53 PM   #152  
I AM healthy!

ennay, stop it!!!!
Old 11-29-2006, 07:26 PM   #153  
Im not fat im fluffy

S/C/G: 250

Height: 5'3

I am a 23 yo single mom... been battling my weight now for 5 years. I had always been chubby, but now im certifiably obese... and now is the time to change!

1. 250
2. shovelling snow (during winter we get a non end supply) a video in the morning, weight work and leg work at night
3. low carbs, calorie counting and WW lol
Momof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 09:20 PM   #154  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

i would walk on lunch but i work in new orleans and the area is kinda desserted plus i dont know my way around yet, not only that sometimes i dont get a full hour luch because i have to put on braces for patients and thats a long procedure.
i think ill try waking earlier to workout and if that dont work then ill make myself when i get home
thanks for all the advise
jasmine your menu looks great maybe i should stop trying to make big complete breakfasts like most diet plans layout for you and just go with what satisfies me.
miafluker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 10:24 PM   #155  
I AM healthy!

Hey Mia. good idea! My "normal" breakfast is actually a fruit smoothie! I usually add 1 orange, 1/2 a grapefruit, 1 apple and sometimes a banana, I try to throw blueberries in every now and then too and want to more often cause they are a super food! Anyhow I blend them all up and take care of my fruit for the day. I had read a book where it says fruit and water ONLY til noon cause your body is detoxing from the day before. I have also heard that fruit rots in your tummy if eaten around other food. Not sure if it is true or not but works for me! SO I try to stick to that most of the time. Right now I don't have any grapefruit or bananas though. Didn't feel like chewing fruit this a.m. either.

Yogurt is great for on the go as well! So is the slimfast and so are nuts! (Low sodium) nuts are high in fat but it is the good kind of fat like extra virgin olive oil and avocados that actually protects your heart! Just work it into your daily fat intake. Total cereal also makes for an excellent snack, or breakfast item. It has 100% of daily calcium plus 13 other vitamins and minerals! Since I already do my slimfast, I eat it dry for a snack sometimes. Its also lowfat and low sugar. Anyhow my normal dinner that I would recommend is boneless skinless turkey or chicken breast, brown rice, and broccoli and carrots(all but the chicken are superfoods too!) That is what I lose best on. I TRY to do that 3 times a week but I am babying my mouth right now. haha One nite is the red meat and potatoes nite, one nite a week HAS to be tacos! I LOVE them! We don't fry the shells much now though and use chicken instead. My spanish rice I make is also very healthy. There is a recipe a few pages back. Another nite may be burritos with lowfat mozzarella or a sphgetti nite, or lasagna, or enchiladas, or hot dogs. I try to break up being a lil lax with being really good so I don't binge. It works for me. One day a week I go out for fast food.

Anyhow I am sure I have bored ya enough. I think I figured out the food trigger conncection! There is another bread that is Van dekamps 100% whole wheat that I have gotten in the past. It has 3 grams of fiber per slice and 3 sugars, not bad. I really enjoyed it and when I made sandwiches with that I would feel the same way. Full, no triggers. (but then I went on my bagel kick!) Anyway it has brown sugar and I do not see anywhere HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP!!!! I was thinking about this on the bus today. I ate what I told ya and did not get hungry once! I just finished dinner at 7:00 and I did chow it down, but I am fine. Anyhow I was thinking, if it was "JUST" the sugar that triggers me, there was 27 grams of sugar in that lowfat cup of yogurt this a.m.! There was some sugar in my hazelnate coffeemate liquid creamer this a.m.! and like 1.5 grams in the peanut butter. But I did not get crazy cravings once! Not like I have been with the bagels! I think i know the problem. It is not the "sugar" it is the HFCS!!!!!! Now I KNOW that translates to sugar but it is a little different!!! The same addicting crap they put in soda!!!! I think I am onto something ladies!!!!
Old 11-29-2006, 10:32 PM   #156  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

HFCS is some crazy stuff, Jasmine. I've been doing my best to read all my labels before buying things...it took me ten minutes at the grocery store to find a whole-wheat bread that DIDN'T have the stuff in it! Which is kind of sad if you think about it. But the HFCS is the devil, and I'm trying not to eat any of it anymore. Hard to do, cause it's in EVERYTHING. Companies aren't stupid; they know it's addicting. They like it that way.
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 11:25 PM   #157  
I AM healthy!

Exactly Nikaia! Have you seen that ezekiel bread? It is awesome! I have been hearing about it on this board and found it at my store. It is organic sprouted grain and it is sugarless and flourless! I hear they also make buns! I am going to stock up on my trip next week. You need to check it out!
Old 11-30-2006, 12:19 AM   #158  
Resident Witchling

Ezekiel bread? Until you mentioned it today, I'd never heard of it. I'm gonna have to see if we've got it anywhere around here. But considering I live in a very organic-conscious area of California, I should be able to find it SOMEWHERE. Would Trader Joe's have it, do you think?
Old 11-30-2006, 12:38 AM   #159  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

trader J's has ezekiel as well as any place that carries organic...it is the best...love the hamburger buns and the tortillas too. Just keep it frozen, no preservatives so it goes stale FAST

Since we are talking about breakfasts I have almost every day an eggbeater omelette with onions, mushrooms, celery, turkey ham and kraft 2% singles (and sometimes bagged baby spinach...but not recently ). I keep the veggies and ham diced in little baggies in the freezer so it only takes about 4 minutes to make. And a slice of ezekiel bread.

Thats my one big diet tip...never slice part of a veggie. I dice a whole onion when I need an onion and then freeze the rest, then its ready. When I make salad I cut up the whole veggie (or more) and then when I need a snack I have cut veggies, or its easy to add a salad to every meal. It drives me nuts when MIL is visiting and helping to make dinner and washes 4 leaves of lettuce and slices up 1/4 cucumber..etc. (which would barely be enough for just MY salad.)

Anyway , cut the binge short by heading to my yoga class and then had salad and a sandwich for dinner so only ended over by ~100 calories or so. It was a pretty small binge, more annoying than destructive. Finished my daughters mac and cheese at lunch, then ate a roll with butter (leftover from t-day) then my secret santa had brought me truffles and i ate 4 of them. Some of the binge was because I was hungry, and some because I was blue
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 12:43 AM   #160  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Jasmine - totally agree on HFCS, it is evil.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:47 AM   #161  
My Incentive Pic

S/C/G: 175/166/150

Height: 5'4"

Default What is HFCS?

I dont think I've ever heard of it or ezekiel bread...Dont mean to sound dumb but just curious. Just wondering if it has something to do with the gluten.
My grandson is borderline autistic and ive read that gluten has an opiate or morpine effect on autisitc children so they are kind of like a dug addict with it. just wondering if it has something to do with that.
littlegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 12:58 AM   #162  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

HFCS is high fructose corn syrup - the stuff they sweeten soda and virtually all processed foods. It is absorbed super quickly by the body and causes major blood sugar spikes. There are some that think that if you simply eliminated hcfs from your diet you would be healthier even if you didnt lose weight. (that perhaps the diabetes explosion is in part due to hcfs)

Ezekiel bread on the other hand is a sprouted grain bread with lentils and several kinds of grain. One slice has 80 calories so more than "diet" bread, but NO added sugar, no processed flour, and 4 grams protein and 3 grams fiber. The hamburger buns are so good you will never go back to white flour.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:22 AM   #163  
Resident Witchling

Ezekiel bread looks pretty good! I checked their website, they didn't say that our TJ's had it, but they named a couple of other organic places I shop at from time to time, and one of them is only a half block from TJ's, so I'll pick some up when I go shopping tomorrow. I've been eating this really heavy buttermilk wheat bread lately, since it was on sale at Costco, but I just don't like it that much.

Ennay, that's a really great tip. I've always had problems with veggies going bad, that's why I don't buy as many as I'd like. Do mushrooms freeze well? I'll have to start utilizing my freezer more...it'd be good to get more veg in my diet.

Also, glad you cut that binge short! Congrats on not letting it totally derail you - that's really great!
Old 11-30-2006, 02:15 AM   #164  
I AM healthy!

I will come on tomorrow and respond a bit more in detail to all post but I am glad you found the link! This is what women on this board say about it:

Ezekiel Bread

Nikaia, I found my loaf at ralph's! Do they have one your way?
Old 11-30-2006, 02:43 AM   #165  
Resident Witchling

Nah, I get the feeling Ralph's is more SoCal, and I'm up on the Central Coast/South Bay Area. Thanks for the link, by the way! I've told my housemate we're stopping by New Leaf (the store that carries ezekiel bread) when we go marketing tomorrow. *grin*