View Poll Results: What do you wish you could do tonight?
Curl up with a good book in front of a warm fire. 4 36.36%
Curl up with your sweetie in front of a warm fire 2 18.18%
Watch a good movie (with a friend or alone) with some hot chocolate and popcorn. 2 18.18%
Go out on a hot date with your sweetie (or a friend for girls' night out) 3 27.27%
Catch up on housework/schoolwork. 1 9.09%
Other--feel free to elaborate 1 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 03:19 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 211/180/140

That picture is great of Travis! He is one handsome guy! But if you have one of him grinning that grin, well then you would know he is hottie! He has the best grin! Of course, he would probably die to know I called him a hottie!!

Just got home from belly dance class and I am very tired. This was the longest week on record! I can't wait for Christmas break!!! Even Thanksgiving is only a few days, so not long enough to really recharge my batteries! Luckily, I am not cooking this year, so I can relax for the day. We are actually going to a restaurant this year.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:22 PM   #47  
Losing it!

Since we are talking pies here, do you girls know anything about an oatmeal pie? My family will not eat pecan pie because of the nuts. I found a recipe using toasted oatmeal instead. Anyone ever try it?
Old 11-10-2006, 09:45 PM   #48  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

I've never had oatmeal pie, but I have a recipe for a really good peanut butter pie that is similar to pecan pie. I'll post the recipe if you would like to try it.
Old 11-11-2006, 07:17 AM   #49  

Gayle-Can you post the oatmeal pie recipe? It sounds like it may be a healthy one??
Old 11-11-2006, 09:26 AM   #50  
Losing it!

Haaaa-haaaa Shelley!!! SURE it's healthy!!! Wink, Wink!
It's made exactly like a rich ohhhhy-goooyyyy pecan pie other then using the toasted oatmeal. Not exactly diet friendly!
Old 11-11-2006, 09:36 AM   #51  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

S/C/G: 202/See Ticker/130

Height: 5"6

woah suzy is that travis in your icon??? Man he is hot stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!Is he single by any chance!!!!! omg!
Old 11-11-2006, 10:29 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Default Warning: Not a Diet Food!

Chocolate Walnut Pie

3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 c sugar
1 1/4 c white corn syrup
2/3 c chopped walnuts
6 oz. chocolate chips (semisweet)
1 unbaked pie shell

whipped cream
walnut halves for decoration (optional)

Preheat oven to 350. Beat eggs slightly with fork. Add salt, vanilla, sugar, corn syrup, beating until well blended. Stir in chopped walnuts and chocolate chips. Pour mixture into unbaked pie shell and bake 45 minutes or until top is evenly puffed and starts to crack. Garnish with whipped cream and walnut halves before serving.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:59 AM   #53  
Losing it...again!

Allison ~ Thank you for the recipe! That really does sound good...I may have to try that instead of pecan pie this year.

Gayle ~ Please post the oatmeal pie recipe...I bet it would be just as good as pecan pie and the oatmeal is good for your cholesterol!

Vouge ~ That is Travis, but he's not single. He married his high school sweetheart when he got out of bootcamp two years ago. They have been together since 9th grade!
Old 11-13-2006, 07:18 AM   #54  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

Oh haha well he certinaly is a hottie. Im upset. My best friend has began a nasty drug habit and thats all she wants to do. Now I am going to fess up and say I have done drugs before but I have never been addicted and obsessed. yesterday I call her and say " Do you think you can stay sober for 2 days? I dont want any of that crap in my house I dont want you on it while your at my house .If you bring any of it to my house I will throw it away and If you go on it while at my house I will make my mom drive you home alone without me and probabbly never talk to you again so If yoou cant do that then dont even bother coming to my birthday party. " Now I have been friends with her best friends since i was 12 , Im now turning 16 . We used to be so close but now I dont even want her to come , I wish I could uninvite her from my party cause shes really got me pissed off. Her mom is a crack head and shes going to move back in with her , I think only cause she wants to do drugs and get away with it. If she doesnt stop soon I swear I am just going to stop all contact with her and let her kill herself , I dont even know why I care so much. and then on saterday she goes as far as to try to peer pressure me into doing triple c's and Im like NO I DONT WANT TO!! and shes like ok whatever , be lame, that right there is where I should have walked away from her and left her and called my mom. granted it would literally take an hour for my mom to come pick me up and I would have had to explain to her why I was at the beach on a sat. night at 10:00. I cant take much more. I dont have many friends in my new town , I hate it here, My best friend is pissing me off. I hate everything. I dont even know what to do with her but stop talking to her. On sat, she took so many pills I dont even know the names to them all!!! I need help ladies. I cant take her to rehab cause aI dont have money , a car, or shes not addicted to a certin drug yet.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:25 AM   #55  
Losing it!

Vouge, I'm going to sound like a mother, but I really think you should drop all contact with her. When she realizes she is losing her dearest and longest friend to drugs, maybe it will be an eye opener. I probably wouldn't approach her mom, sounds like she has major problems of her own. I would suggest talking to your mother and with her help, contact the school the friend goes to. Counselers are available to help and she would never need to know you were involved. I know you think she isn't addicted, but if she is popping so many pills a day and this continues through out the day, every single day, then yes, she is addicted. The drugs are controlling her life and the drugs are allowing her to make bad choices. Again, being a mother here, how many times have you used? Did you use the other night on the beach with her? Did you know there are so many newer, dangerous drugs out there that one can INSTANTLY become addicted to? BTW: what is triple C's? You are a very smart young woman, don't allow yourself to get caught up in the problems of your friend or to fall under peer pressure. Enough of my lecture.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:27 AM   #56  
Losing it!

HEY! I just looked! Travis turned into a turkey!!!! LOL!
Old 11-13-2006, 09:40 AM   #57  
Losing it!

Allison, the chocolate walnut pie sounds Heavenly!

Here is the "Healthy" ostmeal pie recipe I found off the net for anyone interested.

This great pie recipe goes back over 100 years. The recipe came from my grandmother's grandmother who was living in Charleston, South Carolina during the 1860's. Family history has it, that during the Civil War, since pecans were in short supply in the South, oatmeal was substituted for the traditional pecan pie and the results were astonishing. Now served at every family gathering since that time.

1 9" pie crust
4 eggs
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup light corn syrup
1/8-1/4 cup melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup quick-cooking oatmeal (uncooked)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Beat eggs until frothy.
Combine sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl.
Add eggs.
Mix well.
Add corn syrup, melted butter, and vanilla.
Mix oatmeal.
Pour into uncooked shell.
Bake for 45 minutes.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:50 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Vogue--my two nieces are heavily involved with drugs. The 17 year old has been arrested twice for possession and dropped out of school last spring and ran away from home. She returned a few months later because she was broke. Unfortunately her mother is an enabler (never been a rule enforcer) and this girl thinks her mom will get her out of jail. She won't. She's actually gone through the process of emancipating herself from her daughter so she won't be held liable for any legal problems the girl gets into. The other daughter isn't quite as bad, but she has her problems, too. If I were you, I'd stop all contact with this girl as she is nothing but trouble and you don't want to get into trouble. I thank my lucky stars that my DD has no desire to take any drugs (or even drink). She has friends that do, but she won't and she isn't afraid to tell you that she won't.
Good luck. And you know, if you feel that strongly about, go ahead and tell her not to come to your party. It's your party and you don't want her messing up a good time.

Gayle--that recipe sounds great! I may make that for my 6th pie this year!
Old 11-13-2006, 03:36 PM   #59  
Losing it...again!

Vouge ~ I agree with Gayle and Allison...I really don't think that it would be in your best interest to continue this friendship as long as this girl is involved with drugs. Gayle made a wonderful suggestion about contacting a counselor at the school...it's a great place to start and they may be able to help if she will let them.

I also want to add that if you ever find yourself in a situation that you aren't comfortable in (like at the beach the other night) CALL YOUR MOTHER or someone to come pick you up! Trust me, your mother will be happy to come get you no matter what time it is or how long it would take for her to get there! You might get a talking to about how you got in the situation in the first place, but it's a whole lot better than getting caught up in a really bad situation!

I KNOW how unhappy you are right now in your new town and school. I lived my whole life in a big city in Ohio and then moved to a very small town in Pennsylvania to live with my grandparents when I was 18. For the longest time the only people I knew here were all over the age of 70! I was the most miserable person on the face of the earth, until I made up my mind to make the best of things (Attitude really is everything!). No place will ever be like your old town or school and no one will take the place of your old friends, but if you give it a chance you may find something just as good or even better where you are now. Hang in there...it will get better!

Gayle ~ I think your "Heart Healthy" Oatmeal Pie is going to be on the menu this Thanksgiving...topped with vanilla ice cream! Mmmmm!
Old 11-13-2006, 04:52 PM   #60  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

I did end up calling her again today and telling her , that I am not being mean beacause I am mad at her I am being mean beacause i am worried about her and no one else seems to acknoliedge that what your doing is hurting yourself. so after talking about things she told she is really sorry for pressuring me into doing things and that she wants to stop. I am hoping this si true and shes not just saying this cause I liev an hour away and dont know what the **** she is doing. I should break contact and I will if its gets any worse but sometimes we are blind to what we are doing and we need someone to slap us in the face and thats what I am trying to do before I leave her altogether.

Triple c's by the way can be anything from concedrine ( cold and flu medicine ) to ecstacy. I have only done the cold medicine and dont intend and will not do anything like that again. I was a stupid teenager and when i did it I couldnt talk , I got sick and threw up for 2 days and felt ridculous.

and If I do leave her , i really hope she does do her drugs in school and gets caught , so that she will be forced to get help. I am not going to rat her out. I dont want to deal with that feeling that I got my best friend arrested. But if she wants to sqrew herself over she is plenty old enough to be the adult she is acting like and mess her lifeup. all I can do for a while is not be the one to do it with her and tell her how much I care.

No I didnt do anything sat. night I felt odd and out of place for not doing it but I dont care right now. I am trying so hard to make friends here but pepole are that friendly. I have become so independent that I dont even care about friends that much. Like my mom said, How many pepole have you talked too after the last day of senior year? and she said not one person. so i dont care, I am going to graduate at the end of my senior year and get on with my life.

Everyone is like oh senior year is the best though btu I cant wait to get out of high school. I am not into the whole football games on friday and school spirit crap. I just want to get out of school and be done .
Closed Thread