View Poll Results: Where should Gayle go for her honeymoon?
On a Caribbean cruise 8 72.73%
To the Canadian Rockies 0 0%
A KC Chiefs game and/or a NASCAR race 1 9.09%
Home to bed 2 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 11:26 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

It's been really busy here...last night we went out to dinner and then to DD's Halloween concert at her school. She's in the drum line and they were going to dress as poker hands, but apparently the ink wasn't working on the T-shirts too well, so several of the drummers got different costumes. Saturday DD had the homecoming dance and DH and I went to a costume party. We had tons of fun. Sunday we had our weekly dinner with my in laws. I'm still trying to get back into the routine of having them over every Sunday.

I've also been dealing with the knowing/not knowing about DD's crush. Turns out she finally told him she likes him, and he said he didn't like her. All this after several weeks of him flirting with her and leading her on. Of course, I know "nothing" about this, so I can't really console her. But, this morning, her AIM away message says "this is the first day of my life." She hasn't updated her blog, so I don't know if something changed at the concert last night.....oi, the suspense!!! I feel like I'm living in a soap opera!!!

Meanwhile, my weight got down to 137 this weekend, but I thought it was just a fluke so I didn't change my ticker. It's slowly raised back to 138.5 this morning, but I'm sure a lot of that is due to all the salt at dinner last night (I've got to start ordering my margaritas without salt on the rim!! LOL!!)

Gayle--I said congratulations earlier, but I'm saying it again! It sounds like you had a lovely time!

Shelley--I have an aunt who lives in Naples. I hear it is very pretty there. The party for the secretary sounds like a tear-jerker (of course, I cry at the drop of a hat!).

Deanna--welcome to our little Floozie group! I'm a pretty new member, too!

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 10-31-2006, 11:36 AM   #17  
Losing it!

Thank you all for the well wishes! It is an awesome feeling to finally put all the bad memories of the first marriage to the X etc. behind me. It is like a dark cloud has been lifted from over the top of us. I am very happy we were able to get everything taken care of.

WELCOME DEANNA! You will love it here! We are usually busier then what we have been...I must not be the only one spending more time in bed...wink, wink. LOL!

Shelley, I bet your co-worker was so surprised! What a great idea for the kids to come up with! Allison is a black cat this year.

I am getting ready to head off to work but wanted to share our Halloween menu for tonight with you. BTW: It is not OP by any means!

VAMPIRE IN A COFFIN *Pigs in the blanket

SLICED LIZARDS IN GHOUL SAUCE & CRUNCHY BRAINS *Green bean casserole using french cut green beans

GOBLIN HEADS * grilled Pierogies with two slices of olive attached for eyes.

JACK -O- LANTERN MOON PIE * Chocolate moon pie with iceing/sprinkles decorated as a jack o'lantern face

WITCHES BREW * Apple cider

Your all welcome to come over for dinner!
Old 10-31-2006, 11:39 AM   #18  
Losing it!

Allison, we posted at the same time! I hope everything goes ok with DD. There is no other feeling in this world as the fear of worrying what our kids are up to. We want only the best for them, but we also know how easy it is for them to fall into something so quickly that can effect their life forever.
Old 10-31-2006, 02:59 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 211/180/140

Gayle, congrats once again and dinner sounds like so much fun!!

Allison, I hope it all works out for your DD. I remember all the crushes and heartaches of being a teen! I wouldn't go back for anything!

Welcome Deanna! Usually we are much more chatty here, but guess everyone is busy.

Shelley, what a great birthday for your co-worker. I am right with Allison, I would have been crying!

Halloween tonight and I am ready! I made 400 lollipop ghosts and took some to work for my students and some here for the trick or treaters. I usually run out of candy before the night is over. Yes, we really get hit with the kids. I just turn the light out when I run out and that is it. I do love answering the door for the little ones and seeing the costumes.

Hope everyone is having a very Happy Halloween!
Old 10-31-2006, 03:11 PM   #20  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

S/C/G: 202/See Ticker/130

Height: 5"6

lady's I think Im in trouble. diet trouble. I have not been a good girl. I dont know whats causing it. I have been binging like mad, and been a complete fatty. I feel like I am undoing all of my hardwork I have done. my 20-25 lbs I feel like is going to come right back, and I am having trouble stopping myself from it. I am just not motivated as I was and I dont know what my problem is! I have splitting migrains I am depressed , I am always hungry. I dont get it.

Schools not awsome either, I just miss my friends so much in my other town. I vist them at least 1nce a month and I just miss how things used to be. I have friends here but there not the same , I dont feel like I can be myself around them.

I dont want to contuie like this. Keeping in mind that I am on my period right now I still have been feeling like this for the past month. I can keep binign like this but I cant seem to stop either , and I feel like such a fat a$$ when I do it and I keep doing it. I eat reuragly and I am always hugry. I feel like I am 5000 lbs and not 170-165 . I just need someone to slap me and tell me to get back on the bandwagon.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:34 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Vogue-- That's as close as I could get for a slap. But what you really need is a It is hard to find and keep the motivation, but try this: think about where you want to be in 4 weeks. Do you want to be thinner or do you want to be heavier? Thinner, I'm sure, so put down that Halloween candy (or whatever you're binging on) and get back on the bandwagon! You can do it--we know you can! Fill up on low calorie high density foods and you won't get as hungry. I know what you're going through though. TOM isn't the best time to diet.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:41 AM   #22  

Vogue-Take it one meal at a time, if you have to. You CAN do this.

Patty went out as a gangsta with her friends and brought back her candy. Of course, we had to go through it. I was a bad girl last night. I ate a piece of caramel and some candy corn. That was after falling asleep in bed spilling cereal all over the mattress. I'm such a loser!! I have started back eating too many carbs. I really need to get back on the Core bandwagon, but I just don't want to right now. I don't know what my problem is.

Everyone's halloween sounds fun. I hope you had lots of kiddies come by. We never have any, since we live in an area where kids go other places to trick or treat.

Whoops! I had better go start the Nov. workout thread!! I didn't make either goal last month and now my foot is hurting again.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:41 AM   #23  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Who am I and why am I here??? Oh yeah, now I remember...this is a DIET board! Hello, my name is Suzy and I'm a carboholic. I tend to eat when I'm stressed and goodness knows that I have had my share of stress over the past 8 weeks or so! Add that to the fact that I really haven't had time to pay attention to what I have been eating or even step foot on my treadmill and it spells diet disaster. I decided to own up to it and step on the scales this morning and sure enough, the no diet no exercise has finally caught up with me (right in the behind) and I'm up almost 5 pounds! I really REALLY need to make time to start eating right and to exercise again! I can't believe that I let myself gain this much weight...talk about out of control!

On a good note, Aunt Hazel had an in home evaluation with her physical therapist on Monday and she did well enough that they are going to be discharging her on Saturday, so I'm being cautiously optimistic that things are finally going to be getting back to normal around here very soon.

It sounds like we could all use a swift kick in our Fat Chick behinds to get us back in gear! Come on Floozies...it's time to focus on our goals!
Old 11-01-2006, 03:05 PM   #24  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

Suzy- We are in it together! Back on the bandwagon today for us! what have we been thinking!

Shelly- I know I dont know what got into me~!!!!!!!

alii- I think by my birthday about 3 weeks from now, i want to be down 10+ lbs , Thats my new motivation. I dont ever wanna gain this weight back , if I do I will just go and find a bridge I swear ! I cant live that way anymore, you know every cupcake I ate , yes I said every as in plural cupcakes , I knew it was just putting me behind in my goal and not ahead and I knew I would regret it, now I dont have a set of scales but just the mental video of me eating cupckes is enough to not do it again. Gosh I felt like such a whale yesterday!

I am now eating a crapload of jello, no calories , no carbs , no sugar , awsome, although i am putting a bit of whipped cream on it but its only 2 carbs and its low fat soI should be ok!
Old 11-01-2006, 04:20 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 211/180/140

I also need a swift kick in the behind to get back up on that wagon! I have been so lazy, not doing anything but eating! Tomorrow is weigh in and I am going to try a few new things. We are cooking more at home, which really helps, although tonight and tomorrow night we are going out to eat. But I can (AND WILL) eat well even when eating out!
Old 11-01-2006, 05:11 PM   #26  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

thats hard to do lynn , since I only go out to eat about once a year i tend to get the best chocolatiest dessert i can and my favorite food, country fried steak ooo my mouth is watetring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyone else need a kick in the butt?
Old 11-01-2006, 05:13 PM   #27  

me
Old 11-02-2006, 05:45 AM   #28  

I need one, too!! Kick away!
Old 11-02-2006, 07:01 AM   #29  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

Kick for everyone!
Old 11-02-2006, 08:08 AM   #30  
Janice

ME TOO!!
I don't know whats wrong with me. Just don't seem to have any control of my eating. I keep thinking maybe I need mental accessment. Each day I get up thinking I will get control, but I never do.
Closed Thread