Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 11:48 PM   #31  

Height: 5'1"

Hello everyone!

Been a busy one here. With nothing in particular just feel that I have not a lot of time on my hands!

Sue--You're home is gorgeous! I love your DH's handy work and the detail he added. Very pretty. Send him my way to do some detail work for me!

Jane--Hope your DGD's have a lot of fun tonight. Did you mention what they're were dressing up as?? How did you like your retreat? I've never heard of it but will have to look it up and read more on it. Sounds wonderful from what you've said so far.

Michelle--Hope you're doing better. Been thinking of you. I know how hard it is to have to go through a loved ones things. James had a really hard time cleaning his mom's apartment. We still have lots of it in boxes stored away!Hope you're able to stay warm in this cold! Hugs for you.

Norma--I feel pretty good that I'm walking. Better than what I have been doing which nothing! Finding time to squeeze in walks shouldn't be that difficult for me. I always set aside half an hour before work and after work.

Jules--Started taking a vitamin that has more Iron in it. Seems to be making a difference in my energy. Plus I'm sure getting in some exercise is helping too!

Cristi--I need to get to a scrapbook store and get some items that I want. Notice I say want...since I have so much I don't really need anything! But w/the holidays coming around, there are some stamps that I've been wanting.

Hello to everyone else I have missed.

I need to go lay down, TOM is here and I have some cramps that are dragging me down. Figured I'd rest an hour then walk it off before bed. (one thing I do like, is walking before bedtime.....I sleep much better!)

Hugs to you all!
Old 11-01-2006, 01:48 PM   #32  
GmaTo8

It's November, ladies!

Sue - your house is so nice! Bet you just love it. I didn't know Dr. Oz will be on Oprah tomorrow, so thanks for the heads up. So far, I really like what he has to say in the book. Enjoy your lunches with DD and DM.

Marti - yeah, the twins went as lady bugs, and Caylin went as a bee. We were their last stop before home, so their "feelers" are a little lopsided, lol. I have the custest picture to share, if I get around to it. The Walk was one of the most awesome things I've ever experienced. Totally indescribable.

Cristi - hope you're doing ok. It's totally normal to be worrying about your son, and I'd be doing the same. But maybe we can cheer you up, ok?

Hello to anyone reading this.

Today I'm doing lots of laundry, including bed linens. I'm also still reading Dr. Roison and Oz's book, too. In between, I'm trying to get caught up with phone calls. The weather is cold and dreary, and I think I'm going to start a fire to take the chill off.

Have a good All Saints Day.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:01 PM   #33  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

SUE...your house is so pretty! And I love the work your DH did, so nice.

JANE...glad you had a nice time. Bet the granddaughters were so cute!

MARTI...glad to hear you are keeping up with your walking.

NORMA...I do hope you get to see DS and spend some time with him.

JULES...did DD get moved over the weekend?

Hi to everyone else

Sorry this is short...trying to post on a few of the threads and time is short. For some reason this time of day the computer is very slow and I hate waiting on it. Not much going on...been busy with doing nothing, lol! Catching up on laundry today and that's about it.

I did get to It Figures today and Monday. Trying to get back on my schedule with that. I plan on doing a mile walk on the treadmill sometime before the night is over. Trying to get back on track with the eating, water and exercise. Had to make a run to SAMS yesterday to get water, was really low on it.

Take care ladies, chat with ya later
Old 11-02-2006, 06:53 AM   #34  
ugggg.....

DD didn't get the little apartment she saw first, she did get into the apartment in the complex but then decided to ask if she could not take it but try again later. Her budget looked good on paper but then we all know that life happens. She ended up moving in with her friend Kia and the girl's boyfriend. They are both nice and Kia is as obsesive compulsive about cleanliness as Teri. The boyfriend is the peacemaker and really sweet--both girls can get dramatic and hard-headed. I took more boxes over and everything is packed. We moved a bunch of stuff over last night and have the truck today to finish up.We won't be able to clean as well as we wanted to since the old roomate turned the water off on the 31st when she knew dd would be there finishing up through the 3rd. I think she is ticked because she wanted dd to move in the three bedroom apt shared by her & her bf and the bf's sister and her bf to share the expensive rent you pay in a college town. DD says she did go to look at it but the place was so messy she was afraid to sit down.

Gotta go!

Last edited by jules1216; 11-03-2006 at 07:52 AM.
Old 11-02-2006, 02:15 PM   #35  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Cristi - I know what you mean about posting on so many threads! There are several websites with people I care about that I post on, and sometimes it's just easiet to cut and paste, lol. Yay for you getting in the exercise. I'm back at it, too.

Julie - hopefully Teri will be settled now for awhile. My Katie is in the process of moving in with her bf, and will be getting the last of it this weekend. I don't really like the idea of it, but she's almost 20, so what can I do. He is a very nice guy and seems so dedicated to her. He's the one she split up with for about 5 minutes in Sept. I made sure she knows that if she wants to, she can come back home in a heartbeat.

Today has been so busy and will get busier yet. Mary's going to my Body, Mind and Spirit meeting with me later. She doesn't know it, but the members made up a basket for her due to her diagnosis of RA and they'll be giving it to her today. Wasn't that sweet of them? And how ironic - one of the other member's DD was recently tested for the same thing, and she'll share the results with us today.

Dr. Oz was awesome on the Oprah show today. Hope some of you got to see it. The diet is going fine so far - I made some chili with ground turkey breast, great northern beans, diced tomotoes, onions, chili powder and chopped green chilis. Yum!

Hope you're having a great day.
Old 11-02-2006, 02:21 PM   #36  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hey all.

Its Sassy checking in. Sorry I've been MIA. We've been having the week from you know where. I think its finally calmed down now.

Well lastnight we bought our new car!

Today and tomorrow we are working overtime, going in 2 hours earlier, so its a 12 hour day instead of a 10 but the 4 hours overtime will be GREAT! Especially now! We told our boss we just bought a new car so we can use all the over time possible. (We got this overtime BEFORE we bought our car) and we'll have it again next week, we're covering for a guy who is having back surgery.

So anyways, that is about it.

I hope you are having a great day!

Old 11-02-2006, 04:26 PM   #37  
One day at a time

Hello ladies and Happy Thursday!

JANE...I don't post on a bunch of different sites, couldn't keep up. But I like to post on a few different threads here when I have time. I have a hard enough time keeping up here though, lol. The only other one I do post on is a military one and what I post here doesn't apply there, lol. That was sweet of your group to make a basket for Mary. How is she doing by the way? Has she found out what she is going to do for her RA, as far as medication, etc.? I hope she likes the meeting tonight. And WTG on getting back to your exercising!

JULES...well, I am glad that Teri found a place to live and I hope it works out for her and she is there for a long time. Now, how are you doing Missy?

SASSY...you can't just drop a bomb on us and not explain, lol. We want details about the new car! Did you get a brand new one? What color did ya get? Inquiring minds want to know, or I do anyway, lol. Eeeww, a 12 hour day...that's gotta be hard. I don't think I could do that-think it would kill me!

MICHELLE...my thoughts are with you today. Hope you are doing fine.

I am glad to be home. Had a busy morning of shopping and got a late start. Ugh! Going to Wal-mart the first of the month and later than 8 a.m. is a big They were too busy, jeez louise! But it's over, until next week anyway. Had to run to Penney's also, couple other places and then had my vehicle washed. It was dirty but does no good to wash it when peoples sprinklers are running down the street flooding the curbs. So I don't wash it as often in the spring and summer. You would not believe the amount of water being wasted by the neighbors sprinklers...I don't care if it is well water, just seems so wasteful to me. Plus it clogs up the gutters and so when it rains, er I mean pours the streets flood. Okay, getting sidetracked, lol. I am loving the cooler weather but my arms and wrists are not. Nothing else going on. Vince will be home in about 30 mns. and we are off to Olive Garden for an early dinner, then to Target to get some Christmas lights. We bought a bunch of the icicle lights last year after Christmas but not sure we have enough to go around the whole house. We had planned on just doing the front and part of the side. But with our house being where others can see the back and we always do the deck and the whole house with the colored lights, I would like to do the icicle lights around the whole house instead of just part. I love the holidays and as always am getting excited about decorating...I can't wait! But I know as the holidays actually get here I will be sad. Anyway, I am rambling....

I do hope everyone is having a great day! Take care ladies and lots of hugs to you all!
Old 11-03-2006, 07:51 AM   #38  
ugggg.....

Well yesterday was fun with laughing and joking with my daughter but we had a few minor/major blips. We will finish up today and do cleaning the best we can with a couple of jugs of water since the roomate turned the water off on Tuesday, electric is scheduled to go off today. The truck I borrowed sits a little higher than most and has an extra long bed. It was kind of scary at first especially when I had to fill up with gas when I first got it and the backing up took some getting used to. My daughter kept singing Gretchen Wilson's Redneck Woman. She said she wants a big truck again or at least a smaller Toyota with a lift kit, she had wanted one for years after seeing a petite woman who owned one down in NC while vacationing with her grandparents. She thought it looked cool. The guy who owns the truck I borrowed owns a company that does springs and lift kits and there have actually been Monster trucks worked on there.

Well I am off to go ahead and get the boxes myself--there are none that are really heavy. Did I mention I am already sore...I should be not able to get out of bed tomorrow....I think I will skip the gym today--I have had a really good workout just climbing in and out of the back of the truck and moving everything!!
Old 11-03-2006, 08:12 AM   #39  
ugggg.....

Cristina--I am tired and sore already, that's how I am. I realized that I have not had to take my anxiety meds for a few days..that's a good thing. I bet your deck would be beautiful decorated with the lights.

Sassy--glad you stopped in, I was wondering where you were. What kind of car did you end up getting? OT money is nice, but it wears you down especially if your back is already hurting. Take care of yourself!

Jane--I have learned myself that after 18 there is not much we can do about the decisions the kids make but we can keep praying for them and always be there when they need us. A coworker of mine has an amazing prayer connection. She is one of those people that prays about every decision and usually sees an answer. During her morning prayer walks she had been praying about DD's situation and even though DD didn't get the apartment on her own that she was hoping for my friend's prayer was answered--she was praying that DD would find a place that was safe, clean & affordable and all that is true. DD will be paying her share of the combined bills and her own which will amount to what she was just paying in rent at the other place and the amount includes ALL of her bills including the cell phone and car insurance. She is excited about saving some money. She really needs a new car and she thinks she can save up tuition for next fall so that she doesn't have to take out any more student loans. After we have all our major bills gone next year, we are going to make payments on the student loans even though she doesn't have to start repaying them until she is completely finished school and are aiming to have them paid off before she graduates. She is also aiming to have enough for rent, security and pet deposit in savings just in case things don't work out and the moving every July & October curse isn't broken.

Marti--I am borderline anemic but iron tablets don't like me. The vitamin with iron makes all the difference though.

Sue--your house is beautiful--keep the pictures coming!!

Norma--DD is happy about where she has moved and with my personality, I will always worry about something. Kia can be a little needy and dd says her and her dog will be home to spend the night when it gets bad. She says the boyfriend living with them will actually relieve some of that away from her.

Well, I really need to go and get those boxes moved!!
Old 11-03-2006, 04:24 PM   #40  
One day at a time

Howdy Ladies...

Pretty quiet around here....where is everyone...I'm so lonely here by myself. Really though, it is quiet.

Geez, I am glad to be home and finally sitting. I didn't make it to It Figures but I may go after Jeopardy this evening. Dinner is in the crockpot so it won't mess up my evening schedule. I did mow the front yard and will do the back tomorrow I think since I want to go exercise. This will probably be the last time until spring.

JULES...well, at least you have gotten in a work out with all the moving and cleaning. And...I hope DD loves her new place. I would think you could skip the gym with having done all that. I'm glad that you and DD were having a fun time!

SASSY...ditto what Jules said about the OT. Dh has worked so much his whole body aches all the time, poor guy. I tell him to take a day off but he won't. He knows it will end soon so he just keeps on truckin'. Not going to help though if he ends up in the hospital exhausted.

JANE...received your pages today and I love them! It's nice to see the whole family, even your sisters. How did Mary like the meeting and the basket?

MICHELLE...hoping you are okay today.

Hi to everyone else

I need to go get some laundry done. Going to work on some scrapbooking this weekend and cleaning of the house. Pretty much a lazy weekend for me. Will go to It Figures tomorrow morning and if it's not too cold possibly a walk at the park. It's been so windy.

Take care ladies and in case I don't get back in tomorrow, have a GREAT weekend!
Old 11-03-2006, 05:42 PM   #41  
ugggg.....

Just I quick stop in to tell everyone hi and goodnight, dd is moved and we did it all by ourselves...my DH didn't even offer to help today with the last two loads or taking the truck back--I knew he wouldn't help clean. DS and friends were supposed to help last night but they were too tired. DD says it just goes to show that I am the only one she can count on and she doesn't need a guy in her life because they all just let her down.... I thought that was kind of sad....
Old 11-03-2006, 06:59 PM   #42  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

Sassy - a big YAY for overtime! Mary's husband Dale tries to get as much of it as he can, since he had to take a pay cut to work closer to home. Also a big YAY for a new car. What kind did you get?

Cristi - Mary was so surprised with the basket. I couldn't believe how sweet and generous the ladies of the group were to give her the things they did. Glad you like my pages - I can barely wait to get yours, and the other gals', too.

Julie - you are so right - these kids will do whatever they want, and really, I can't blame Katie for wanting to spread her wings and fly again after being on her own in Florida. At least this time, she's relatively nearby instead of so far away. We're going over there afterwhile, and Neal is going to hang some mini-blinds for her. Aww, I would've come to help you move if I could have. Or at least washed cabinets, or something. So sorry you 2 had to do it all by yourselves.

Well, I'm doing great on the Oz diet, which is basically like a Mediteranian diet. I've got my exercise done for the day, too, and just need to be careful with my evening snack. I'm having 1 oz hard cheese, and 1 cup of grapes. Mmmm.

Hope you're all doing well, and I'll catch ya' on the flip side.
Old 11-03-2006, 10:35 PM   #43  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Evening ladies...Brrr..cold here again. Today was busy and enjoyed DH being home. The builder came by to look at a couple small problems, electrician came by to go to the other house and clear up a couple things. So people coming and going all day. DH and I got the last few boxes out of the attic over there and put them in the attic here. We are finished there...and close on the house Thurs. The buyers asked for 30 days possession, but will be surprised when we tell them they can have it as soon as we close. It needs a family NOW.
I baked pork chops for dinner and cleaned the kitchen....my only housework today. Well...I did sort some things out in my closet and add them to the things going in the attic. More space for me!
I have to say I am loving the house and feeling so very at home here.

Jane- I watched Dr. Oz on Oprah. Most of what he said I already knew, just don't seem able to practice what I KNOW I should. I sure hope you do well on his eating plan. I am having a big battle with sweets right now..which has not been my downfall before. I am usually more of a salty snack lover. So, this is something I am trying to fight...darn Halloween candy got me started.

Julie- So glad your DD got moved and is living somewhere you are comfortable with. Whew! Moving is hard work. It is nice that you and DD have each other and she knows that you are there for her. Super good to hear that she is getting back to her "old" self after what she has been through.

Cristina- You sure get your exercise pushing that mower. Good for you. I am afraid I have not done ANY exercise lately. I just don't know where my head is...well, yes, I'm afraid I do know where my head is. I think I walked 2 or 3 times all week. Now it is so chilly, I think I will have to rely on WATP videos. And that is if I can get motivated.

Sassy- Yay for the new car and the overtime! Hope you are doing okay.

Michelle- Thinking of you and hope you are doing okay also.

Marti- Busy gal....Life sometimes gets in the way of puter time, huh? Sure hope TOM has left you and that you are feeling better.

TY all for the kind words about the new house. It is hard to get pictures that show how a room looks in total, you know? The pictures look rather sparse.... the house is anything but. Of course, I still have lots of decorating to do. Or trying to decorate any way.

Any plans for the week-end ladies??? We will meet some of Dh's siblings for breakfast tomorrow and then back here to visit. The rest of the W.E. will be lazy, maybe.
Old 11-04-2006, 01:10 AM   #44  
One day at a time

Hi ladies...

Couldn't sleep so I thought I would come here for a little while. Vince is snoring and had has been and I hate to wake him when he works so hard. So I thought I would get on the 'puter until I get really sleepy. I don't feel right sleeping in another room or I would sleep in Josh's room when he snores like that. Drives me crazy sometimes though.

JANE...bet the basket made Mary's day. And it was nice of the ladies to think of her. Glad you are doing well with the Oz diet/program. I really hate using the word diet. And good job on the exercise.

SUE...this was probably the last mowing for the season/year. Don't know, maybe one more time, I doubt it though. I cut it short like we always do the last time before we put winterizer on the lawn in a week or two. But yeah, I do get quite the workout mowing. I actually enjoy doing it though, espeically when the weather is nice. Glad you are enjoying DH being home.

JULES...I too would have helped if I were closer. Sorry you and DD had to do it all but it sounds like you guys had a good time together. And it does sound like DD is getting back to her old self, I'm happy for her.

Well, I didn't make it to IF after all. Wasn't in the greatest mood for some reason so I mowed the back yard instead. This time change really sucks! It was getting dark on me and it wasn't even 6 yet. I did get it done though, didn't miss anything.

I saw on the general thread where someone was talking about where she lives they already had real Christmas trees...talk about early, especially for a real tree. Guess what I saw tonight though? Our neighbors had Christmas lights in the two front windows peeking out from under the blinds and other Christmas stuff on the windows, yikes! Now I thought we decorated early doing our outside lights and such on Thanksgiving. I would never dream of decorating now though. Is it me or does it seem to early? I just thought that was odd, and very early. Guess they think the stores are doing it so why not. Anywho...

No plans for the weekend SUE...this will be a sort of lazy weekend for me. I did some straightening and organizing tonight so will do more tomorrow. And I am going to work on some scrapbook pages and get the table cleared off of my mess. I've got about three pages I want to do to add to mine, plus Janes pages and then I will put that away and work on Josh's Army scrapbook. But...first thing in the morning I am headed to It Figures to work out.

HI to everyone else Check in when you can ladies.

Have a good weekend!
Old 11-04-2006, 04:36 AM   #45  

Height: 5'1"

A quick hello as it is late in the night and I'm still up but very tired.

It's a Jhanai weekend! Not going out to do anything particular, just hang around home chatting. Amazing how much a 12yr old can talk!

Just wanted to pop in to say hello and to let ya all know that I'm still working on lowering my levels and continuing w/my walking. Got rid of the gazelle. James was yappin' w/someone at work and he wanted to get one for his wife for Christmas. James said he'd sell it. Forgot to tell me first though!
I just told him as long as he doesn't mind I don't mind. He is the one who bought it for me.
Treadmill has been being used much more so I won't be sad to see it go.

Ok...I need sleep.

Hugs to you all!
Closed Thread