Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 09:02 PM   #16  
GmaTo8

Lightbulb

Hi ladies,

Cristi - yep, I'm really glad that we live close to Mary, too. So how is Vince today? Hope he's better and that you're babying him. I'd love going through a 3-story antuque shop. We have this huge sprawled out store that is a flee market/antique shop, and I love browsing through it. Sometime I bring home stuff I shouldn't, tee hee. Makes me wish I'd saved some of the toys, etc. from my childhood, or at least the kids'.

Michelle - I love the new avatar! What a great photo. Hope you're feeling a little less bruised today.

Mary Kate - It's good that you'll get to see Jim now while he can visit with you. Be safe and check in when you get home so we know you're all right, ok?

Julie - yay for your DD knowing what she wants! I don't blame her for not "settling", but yeah, it does suck about having to move the furniture twice. Weekly errands - some days I like going, and other times I wish I had a personal shopper I could call, lol.

Marti - yowza, I think you meant your other tests results were too high when they should've been low, right? Well, at least you know what's what now, and your doc can lead you the right way, but you already know what that is. Like me, it's just a matter of doing it, but we can do it together. My start date is 11/1 - the day after the book comes out. With your 3 pound loss so far, you're on the way! Yay for that!! Have fun with you DD this weekend.

Sassy - where are you today, sweetie?

Hello to anyone reading this.

Well, I got a new cell phone (same number, btw) and had NO IDEA it was a big deal until I got home with it. Katie and Mary both are like "MOM that's my dream phone!" It's a pink Motorola Rzrphone. I like how thin it is, and have the DGDs photo downloaded already to the home screen, lol.

Dale's company is transferring him to a town about 25 miles away, and he gets to start Monday. Mary is picking him up at the train station tonight. It will be hard on them until they get a 2nd car, but I'm going to let Mary share my van until they do. Having him home will be a big relief for her.

I've been working on my list of what to take on my Walk to Emmaus. That's next Thursday - Sun. so I'll be gone then.

Have a good weekend, ladies. I better go before you call me blabber fingers, lol.
Old 10-21-2006, 09:22 PM   #17  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Hi Ladies...

Cristina...Thank you for your kind words. You are a true sweetheart. It's so great that you and DD can go do things together.

Jane...Thank you for the nice card I got in the mail today. I cried when I read it, but I appreciated it so much. I know exactly which phone you got, and it's so cute!

Today has been a very hard day for me, and my DH and I went to the cemetery for awhile. I have a very lost empty feeling inside of me right now that I just cannot explain. I did lose 2 pounds this week so I'm finally down in the 220s, been awhile since that. I hope all of you have a good night.
Old 10-21-2006, 09:41 PM   #18  
GmaTo8

Michelle - you're more than welcome, sweetie. Just so you'll know, the empty feeling does lessen quite a bit with time. Since I've lost my mom, too, no explanation is necessary for me. YAY for you losing weight at a time like this. I was always drawn to comfort foods in a crisis, so you're doing great with that. Come here for comfort as often as you can.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:09 PM   #19  

Height: 5'1"

Another quicky ladies! (sorry)

Today was a gorgeous fall day. Jhanai & I went to the VERY over crowded pumpkin patch. But it was still fun. Got in some walking there. We decided to walk to the pumpkins instead of waiting in a line for the hay ride. Hauling a cart to carry the pumpkins in was some exercise too!

Sheesh!!!.......can we say "Out of shape?"

ok....being hollared at to come join the family.

Hugs to all!!
Old 10-21-2006, 11:20 PM   #20  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Beautiful Fall day here. Too bad tomorrow is going to have a drop in temps. Brrr. DH and I went and picked up the lawn mowers this morning. So that is finally done. I cleaned house....so little to clean in a new house though. Just dust bunnies and the like. No heavy scrubbing...yet! It is almost FUN.
I took Baby for a walk around the neighborhood..all 3/10 of a mile. Then we walked through the two wooded lots by us, probably made it a half mile walk. I was feeling so good that I brought her little self home and I hit the streets for another 35 minutes of brisk walking. Felt so good afterwards. I MUST get back to doing that. Can't say I did too well with food, but the exercise was good. I need to shop for fresh veggies and fruit tomorrow. Just nothing real good right now except apples. So apples it will be. I can eat one a day for awhile.

Marti- The punkin patch sounds like fun. It has been many years since I visited one. I know the out of shape feeling...feel it every day here.

Jane- The new phone does sound cool. Oh, great news about Dale's job. What a relief that must be for everyone.

Cristina- I also love to browse antique shops. I need to do that one day soon. Our little town has several great antique shops, gift shops and specialty shops. I haven't been browsing all summer...and here it is almost winter.

Michelle- Good to see you pop in. Like Jane says, the feeling of emptiness will lessen with time. Take care of yourself.

Mary Kate- So sorry to hear about your friend. Have a safe trip. (And I had fun joking about the doily..so no offense.) AND I am also a doily person. I actually have an antique wash stand with a runner on top and a very old doily hanging on the towel bar. Beautiful.

Jules- Good luck on the apt. hunt. I know you would like DD to move home, so here's hoping! Whatever happens it will work out for the best I am sure.

Sassy - Where are you chick? Hope all is well!

Hoping for a lazy Sunday tomorrow, but I am sure DH will think of something I need to do. He is finishing up a sewing cabinet for DGD so we can give both girls their 16th BD gifts early. DGD's walnut desk looks so pretty in my house I shall hate to give it up.

Have a good Sunday Ladies.
Old 10-22-2006, 05:20 AM   #21  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hey Ladies. Here I am.

Sorry I've been MIA. Just been a bit down and all. I'm trying to just pull my way through it though. I have a drs appt on Monday to go over my blood test results (cholestrol, A1C, etc, etc) I'm sure its all very bad........But I may ask my dr while there if I can go back on my anti-depressants as I've been feeling a bit down.........

We found a house we want to go take a look at. They have an open house later on today (Sunday) @ 1 p.m. - 3 p.m. That is a bit "early" for us but we might go drop by, if not we may schedule a time on one of our days off to go and look at it.

Hub is going to apply for another job @ another company. He talked to a guy at work who works there and the guy said he could take in hub's resume. Plus hub already knows a few people over @ that co. already. Might not be much of a pay increase, but it would be more of what hub wants to do.

That is about all the news I have. Yesterday (Sat.) was absolutely gorgeous here and we both didn't want to go into work but we did.............Only one more night and we're off for 3 days again!

Cristina -- I bought some Candy Canes! Our local grocery store (Krogers) had them here and they were in a place I would never think to look either! On top of the frozen food coolers! Luckily my hub is very tall and could reach them! (he's 6'8) lol

I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday!

Old 10-22-2006, 09:17 AM   #22  
ugggg.....

Crisitna--I am one of those things happen for a reason people too. I really hope she gets this apartment but I am not going to be upset if she has to move home for awhile. She has been through alot this past year beginning with the ex leaving and then the divorce. She is finally at a place where she wants to make her plans again which is something she has been doing since she was little. She is ready to slow down and does not need to go full force and try to pretend everything is alright and not stop long enough to think about losing her first love.

Jane--There is a storage unit at her brother's apartment that his landlord says she can rent cheap. He loves my kids. The whole not settling thing is more like my old "Teri"--I am glad to see the spark coming back. She siad at least she has a home she can move back to and will not be on the streets. There are acouple of friends that say the will either let her move in with them and others that say they will move in with her, but she says she wants it on her own.

Michelle--sorry about your Mom.

Katie--have a safe trip I know that your being there will be a blessing for your friend and her Dad.

Marti--Hi there!!

Sue-I do want her here and have wanted her here since the ex left--she was so broken it hurts me seeing her hurt so bad--when she is in denial it's just as bad--I think she is at a good place now--she still misses what they had when they were happy but not him as mich anymore.

Sassy--good luck to hubby--will you apply somewhere else too or stay there without him. DH and I work together too and he has been thinking about leaving--I think I would leave too if he does. There are things I love and things I hate about the job and company we work for. God luck on the Dr's appt and the house.

Well I goota get myself moving there are some things I want to have done in case DD does need to come home--some things can wait until she is definitely coming. I am going to try to hit the gym today too. I have to stay on track with that.
Old 10-22-2006, 03:05 PM   #23  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi ladies...

Nothing much going on today. Think I am going to do my Christmas cards and get that out of the way. Of course I probably won't be able to do them all because after so long of writing my wrists start hurting. But I can at least get them started and hopefully get one box done. Don't ask me why I am thinking about Christmas cards except that I had DH take the tub out so I could see what I have and if I needed any. I never need any but buy some anyway, lol. So took them out and thought I might as well get them done. I need to be thinking about Christmas shopping, lol! Anyway...going to cook a pot of chili also...beans are still soaking so.

JANE...that is such great news about Dale. And I know Mary will be relieved that he is closer. Vince is better. When he came home Friday he could barely talk and today is can talk, I guess...he's not home. I swear we hardly see each other anymore, lol. Both him and Jason are working today. Vince's overtime will stop soon though. And he will get four days for Thanksgiving and a week during Christmas and New Years. He needs a rest. Hey, I was just eyeing one of those phones yesterday. I have had just a plain simple phone for the longest time, nothing extra because I only have it in case of an emergency. But I am finally wanting one with a camera so we'll see.

JULES...I'm glad Teri is doing great and at a good place right now. And maybe she will end up at home with you guys. It could be just what she needs right now.

MARTI...I've not been to a pumpkin patch in years! Glad you and Jhanai had a nice time.

SASSY...I forgot that your hubby is so tall! I thought mine was...he's 6' 4 and I feel so short next to him even though I am chunky, lol. I hope he gets the job. And sorry you are feeling bad.

SUE...WTG on your walking! DGD's are lucky to have your hubby making their BD gifts.

MICHELLE...I am glad too that DD and I get our time together. I try to spend time together with all the kids...the boys too. Of course Jason is so busy with school and work lately and Josh is gone of course. But when they are not busy we will do lunch or go shopping, me and Jason...Josh likes to go hunting and to movies, not much of a shopper. But I have gone hunting with him and we had a blast! I know you will always miss your mom, but the pain will ease in time.

Hi to everyone else

Going to go look up some sites for scrapbook stuff. I had bought some stickers Thursday in the little (and I do mean little) scrapbook store here in town and thought I would work on that page. On the back it has the lay-out and what papers to buy and everything. So...went back to the scrapbook store to get the paper and they had totally rearranged things! But no paper...the thing about that place is they don't have much and they don't have a lot of the papers that go with the stickers. So going online to see if I can find them. Now I know why I quit scrapbooking for a while...get too frustrated with it.

Something really stupid...okay, we ordered the t-shirts, there's 28 packages with 3 shirts in a pkg. So Vince is checking the e-mails to keep track of it all, when they will be shipped and all. Well, when they charged our debit card instead of one charge (the total of the order) they charged 28 charges. Now...he checked online to see the status of the order and the order was shipped the 19th and it shows 28 orders. Do you think they are shipping 28 orders thru UPS? The way it shows it that is what they are doing but I am trying to give them the benefit of the doubt and thinking they are all in one box. Who knows...and the movie I was thinking of yesterday is Directed by Clint Eastwood and called Flags of Our Fathers, duh! I have no clue where I got the Five Flags from, lol. I don't know where my head has been lately. Anyway,,,gotta go. Take care ladies!
Old 10-22-2006, 03:23 PM   #24  

Height: 5'1"

Just wanted to pop in really quick. I should have more time tomorrow for individuals. Jhanai is needing to use the computer for homework.........

Another gorgeous fall day. Plan on carving the pumpkin later.

Best be going.

Hugs to all!
Old 10-22-2006, 11:43 PM   #25  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Cristi - do you keep your Christmas cards in some sort of tub, or are you remodeling your bathroom? I do my cards early, too, and all of my shopping, because when Christmas is close, I just want to be able to relax and not stress about anything. The grown kids mainly want gift certificates this year, and although that's easy for me, it's absolutely no fun at all to shop for, lol. Thank goodness for the GDDs! Glad your Vince is better. I've heard of that movie, but haven't seen it. It's been awhile since I've been to the movies, but we do watch them on pay-per-view once every so often. That's not nearly as much fun as the super screen and surround sound at the movies, though.

Marti - glad you've been having fun with Jhanai this weekend. Will you decorate the pumpkins, or carve them?

Julie - glad you have your old daughter back.... well, you know what I mean, lol. You've been doing great at the gym!

Sassy - what'd you think of the house? Yowza, your DH is TALL! My dad was 6' 5", and I thought that was tall. Good idea, talking to your doc about depression. There've been times in my life when I needed something to help me through, and it's amazing what's available now w/no dependency.

Sue - now that I've lived here 6 months, the "new" is beginning to wear off, lol. It's still so much easier to clean than the old house was, of course, but I guess the novelty is wearing off a bit. Actually, I'm feeling the need to rearrange something, lol. It's been chilly here too - today's high was about 50.

A big hello to everyone reading this.

Today was a typical Sunday. The kids came by, and later Neal and I watched a movie. I fell asleep in my chair during "Going my Way" with Bing Crosby, lol. We both have jigsaw puzzles going on the dining room table, lol, and had to move his to eat dinner. How boring! <yawn> We watched Desperate Housewives, and the new show that follows it - Brothers and Sisters. Sally Fields is in that, and it's really a good drama.

Hope you're having a great weekend. Toodles for now.
Old 10-23-2006, 05:53 AM   #26  
~Believe~

Hi Ladies.

I will do indiv. later. Thanks for all the well wishes. We didn't go and see the house today, we figured we schedule to see it on one of our days off.

Cristina -- I will be sending out the troops stuff later on today (Monday) to ya.

I hope you all are having a great day.

Old 10-23-2006, 06:55 PM   #27  
ugggg.....

It's quiet in here today!! Just wanted to say hi!!
Old 10-23-2006, 08:04 PM   #28  
GmaTo8

Hi to Sassy, Julie and all reading this.

Today was such a quiet, serene day. The weekend was sort of quiet, too, and I could get used to this. I have to admit that I spent too large a portion of my day working on the jigsaw puzzle. It's amazing how much time a person can spend on one of those! Neal is bowling this evening, and Katie isn't home from work yet, so it really is quiet around here.

What have you been doing with your day?
Old 10-23-2006, 08:22 PM   #29  
On A Mission

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140

Height: 5ft 3in

hey ya'll. sorry I don't have a whole lot of time right now, life's getting crazy again. We had some unexpected medical stuff suck up our reserve cash so we may be without internet for a couple of weeks so if I disappear again that's why. Nothing personal.

Hugs and prayers to those who need them. Could use a few if anyone has them to spare. Not really comfortable saying why publicly other than to say we're in some minor financial trouble that will take most of November to clear up and I am going in to the doctor on the 4th to discuss surgery to try and get to the root of my recent medical issues and do some minor remodeling on the inside... More on that later
Old 10-23-2006, 08:29 PM   #30  
~Believe~

Hi Ladies.

Well went to the dr today. As I suspected it wasn't good. My A1C (checks my blood sugars for 3 months) was extremely high. My cholestrol also went up, not terribly, but still went up. So I have to be really good. My dr wants me to be really good for a month and see what a difference it makes. He wants to see if I can get my sugar and cholestrol levels down naturually. I am on diabetic medication which he increased.

So I got a bunch of books at the 1/2 priced book store to read up on. I also joined the Dieting witih Diabetes and Sugarbusters Threads here to help. I am going to start taking my Fish Oil Pills 3 X's a day (lowers cholestrol). This along with a healthy diet and exercise I can bring down my cholestrol. I have done it before. So I KNOW i can do it. Now I have to also bring down my blood sugars.

So per my dr. NO soda period. Water, water and more water. Which is fine I do love water, the hardest part will be when I'm working. But I can do this I know I can do it. I am just looking at one month for now. If I can do this for one whole month, then I know I can do this forever! I mean after I get my BS (Blood Sugar) down and cholestrol down and lose weight, then I think I would then be able to be more flexible and have an occasional goodie.

Hub and I figure that for ONE meal a week we can "splurge" so we aren't going insane. I think that would be okay, one MEAL a week? AS long as we don't go totally nutso. lol.

So its back to the Y and exercising. My dr wants me to walk in the pool so that my joints don't suffer and that I'm not in excruciating pain. So now I have to find a bathing suit that I don't have to quit breathing in to fit into.

Well that is about all. Tomorrow is the gyn. what a way to spend my time off! lmao.

Oh P.S.........I am also back on my anti-depressant.

I hope you all are doing well.

Closed Thread