Old 10-19-2006, 10:32 PM   #31  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Mia you are right I dont thik that you can go cold turkey either . I know that your body does have to have sugar and fat . but like you said a pat of butter is better then the whole stick. I will have to do certain things to see what I can do.

Cartersmomma I know what you mean we live on a very limited income and it is very hard to keep on and eating schedule . Sometimes you have to eat with the flow I know I do. But things have to come togeather soon. I better be going I have to hit the shower I smell From walking tonight.
Butterfly50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 10:54 AM   #32  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Goodness is 3fc slow this morning or what! I'd go insane if I had dialup and trying to deal with that. I gotta run, very busy day for me but i had to stop by and let you know I lost another 2 lbs this week!! Yay!! I'll be back at some point to see how everyone is doing! Have a fantastic day everyone!
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 12:11 PM   #33  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

TGIF!!!!!

Good morning ladies! Hope everyone's ready for another great weekend!! I know I'm happy the end of the week's here, it's been an exhausting week. Relaxation sounds nice but I know I'm not gonna get much. Birthday parties, football game (tonight), haircuts, and who knows what else crammed into this weekend alone! Ugh, sometimes I wish I could choose certain days/times to be single. LOL

Mia, glad to hear that your challenge is going great for you. I have quit with the restrictions too. I no longer count calories, fat, carbs, NADA. I don't even count my water consumption anymore. What a relief!!

Stacia, you're certainly not alone when it comes to $. Can't tell you how many pb&j's, noodles, and soup I've had to consume in the past just to make the budget stretch and make sure my kids ate good. You've definitely been doing awesome with the exercise though, keep up the good work!!! I hope dinner out with your sister was lots of fun and you got some good food!

Melissa, yay 2 pounds!!!!!! You're almost at that midway poin in the 30's...pretty soon you'll be saying hello to the 20's!!! I know right now you are super motivated and inspired, it's wonderful to see you like this. Really keeps me motivated to watch you that's for sure! Hope today you find some time to be "un" busy and can visit with us and fill us in on your goings on.

Well, I did it. I weighed. I lost. 1 pound. Yay for me! When I hopped on the scale all I kept saying was, be the same, be the same, be the same..lol Imagine my surprise when I was one pound less! Then I said, ok I'll take it!! Ha! So another leaf from my tree has fallen, inch by inch I'm sloooooowly getting to my goal. May not make it all the way but I'm sure gonna try to get close!

Today's a busy day for me as well, lots of running around while the kiddies are in school. Utterly amazing just how much more I get done errand wise when the kids aren't with me. Maybe because I'm not having to chase down anyone or hunt for anyone? LOL

I'm gonna try real hard to workout at least once this weekend. Just ONE time, I can do it, right? I am really only trying to focus on finding something that I enjoy doing because of the "feel good" factor and not so much for the 'burn' and 'sweat'. I am finding such great information in this book I've been reading and this really hit home for me. Exercise needs to be something that I just enjoy doing, something that makes me feel good after I'm done doing it. Not something that I gotta kill myself over for, or feel guilty because I don't do it 7 days a week. I've always viewed exercise as something that HAS to be done in order to drop the weight. Something that I have to slave over and find the fastest, quickest, maximum calorie burn, etc. Well, no more!! Wahoo!!!!!! Free at last! Free at last!

Alrighty ladies, make today a good one!!! Keep shining!

danielle
Sugar-N-Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 01:14 PM   #34  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

danielle I know it must be a relief
im also on a budget i get mad as heck when i cant buy the boneless skinless chicken breast
i didnt get my water in last night so its day 2 of the challenge and i already messed up the positive thing is that i did drink more water than usual
i also got my workout in i consider this a major improvement
well see you guys later hope the rest of the day treats all of us well
miafluker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 01:25 PM   #35  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Good Afternoon Ladies, I wasnt feeling up to working out this morning but I did any way so I started Leslie and I ended up finishing 6 miles Now I am feeling pretty good. Now is the task I have to go fix some lunch Congrats to everyone who has lost this week . I hope to be included in it next week. Until later.
Butterfly50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 05:49 PM   #36  
I can do it this time.

Good Morning Ladies!!! So yesterday I went to the gym and bought my monthly membership back. I told my dad instead of him dropping me off at my apartment after work if he could drop me off at the gym instead, he said sure. Boy was aI tired, I spent 45mins on elliptical on #13 and 30mins in sauna, then I walked home afterwards... boy by the time i got home i was dog tired!!!

How is everyone?
lovethatsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 06:58 PM   #37  
I believe in miracles

S/C/G: 212/212/130

Height: 5'1

Sara that is awesome Good job. I love the gym i'm not disciplined enough for home.

Hello everyone

Mia you are doing great on your challenge, its only day 2 so you can definitely start the water challenge over again. It stays in my head all day, I guess because i know I have to start something over and over again. Eventually that gets old after a while.

Danielle you can do it with the exercise, 1 day is better than NO day at all. Pretty soon you'll be doing at least 3 days and loving it. Take your time, one day at a time.
sapphire35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 11:24 AM   #38  

good morning everyone i had to take the baby to the hospital last night
which means i didnt meet anyone of my goals for yesterday so i used my last pause actually i dont think im going to use the pause im just starting over
sara i wish i can go back to the gym its so motivating especially if your paying for it well ill check in later have a great day everyone
Old 10-21-2006, 12:54 PM   #39  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Good Morning ladies! Well I had a few little slip ups last night while watching a movie with the family, couple of snacks I didnt need but thats okay. Scale is still moving in the right direction.

Thanks Danielle for the well wishes on my 2 lbs lost! Thanks for being so supportive lady! And a great big CONGRATS on your lb gone too!!!! I'm so happy for you and your new mindset! I see great things in your future! Keep up the good work and you will get that exercise bug again! I can tell just by the way you talk about it!

Bonnie...great job on doing that exercise even when you didnt want to!! Thats a sure sign of a winner!! keep it up! That scale will go right again soon!

Sara...Welcome back stranger!! so great to see you! Excellent workout..sheesh!! That had to feel amazing! Way to be committed to yourself! Keep up the good work!!

Trish... hello!

Mia...I'm so sorry to hear about your little one. Is she getting some relief now? I hope so. Make sure you take care of you during this so you have the strength to take care of her.

I'm making chili today, seems like a good day to do it with this rain and drear. I've got my girls costumes all cut out now they just need to be sewn together, hopefully tonight I can knock out one of them. Tomorrow is a huge negotiation project for one of my classes that I'm not looking forward to at all! Kinda stressed about it actually.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!

~melissa
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 05:28 PM   #40  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Hi Girls!

I hope everyone is having a great productive Saturday. Mine turned out to be less hectic than anticipated so that's a relief. I've just spent the afternoon cleaning, but not before I spent the morning in bed watching all the tv I missed during the week! lol

Mia, I am so sorry you had to spend time in the hospital. Nothing scarier than having to rush your little ones there! I hope everything is alright now? You must be tired, I hope you're getting some rest so you can stay strong for her.

Trish, you're absolutely right, 1 day is better than nothing. I am really trying to get to a place where I can find working out enjoyable instead of a chore, that seems to derail everything because I hate exercise so much. Not exactly sure why either, because I absolutely love the way I feel when I'm done. Gotta love the brain, eh? lol

Sara, great to see you! You must feel really good after working out, that's what I need. Keep it up kiddo, you're doing great!

Bonnie, good for you for tackling that exercise anyways!!!! The scale will definitely repay you with good things, keep it up!!

Melissa, I hope the chili making is going well. I wish I could say we were warm & snuggly over here.....just flipped the a/c on because it got too warm in here and no breeze whatsoever. We're almost 90 today! Good luck with the girls costumes, I so wish I could sew! I can conjure up great things in my mind of what I'd like to make, but actually doing it...another story! I've got a brand new sewing maching in my closet still in the box that I got for a b-day gift from my mom 4 years ago. What a waste, huh? I really really hope the homework goes smoothly, seems like you've got loads and loads of it this semester, more than I've ever seen! Yikes! Almost makes ya wish you just could skip to the job part, huh? lol

Had a super great NSV last night. We took the girls out to DQ for some ice cream after spending like 2 hours in Best Buy--dh bought me a new digital camera! Yay me! But yeah, headed to ice cream and I got a small chocolate dipped cone which I only ate til I got to the cone and then I threw it away. I truly truly had had enough. What a wild concept when you think that normally I could easily polish off a blizzard in one sitting. AMAZING what your body will tell you when you listen!!! I got my taste of ice cream but was able to let it go once I realized I reached that threshold.... this is something completely new to me and what a relief for someone who's struggled with binge eating disorders since the age of 12.

So anyways, today is another great day food wise and I am anxious to see how the rest of this month plays out!

Hope ya'll are having a spectacular day and can find some time to check in with us!

danielle
Old 10-22-2006, 09:59 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 200/195/135

HI Winning Losers,

Can I join your group?
I was searching for a group to join and saw that my pal Melissa is in this group. Hi Melissa

I have put on every pound I lost over the summer and I am starting over today. This group seems focused and very supportive, just what I need.

Deb
southerndeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 01:23 PM   #42  

hi everyone! Deb your more than welcome the ladies here are great and everyone is basically on the same mission, every sunday we start a new thread so ill go ahead and start it......... i realized something i wanted to share wether or not i achieved my goals yesterday dosent matter because today is a new day
and the more your try your a step closer to achieving your goal ex. a baby keeps getting up trying to take its first steps but falls even though every time they try they fall, they dont give up and eventually learn to walk..... its amazing how babies and children have more determination and drive than adults

my husband's favorite saying is " nothing hurts a faliure but to try"

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...25#post1445725
Old 10-22-2006, 04:25 PM   #43  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Default Sunday Greetings!

Hiya girls!!!

Hoping your Sunday is going great and we're all ready for another great week! Have gotten alot accomplished around the house this weekend and that feels really good. Exercise still needs to happen some time today, but I hit the ground running with laundry and football today. Loving this Steelers/Falcons game!

Deb, I remember you from the old SF thread that was going awhile back. And yup, Melissa's here being as supportive as ever and very focused! I hope that you will like it here as much as we do. Jump right it and post away, it's great you're here!!!

Mia, hope today is going well for you! Thanks for the new Sunday thread!

Ladies make today the best!

Danielle