Old 10-17-2006, 10:52 PM   #16  
bep
Certifiable CHOCOHOLIC!!!

S/C/G: 255/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Howdy!!! I haven't been on here in a long time! Ticker went up a little boo hoo...doing better now though. Had out of state company for a week and ate badly without exercise to pay for it. Company is gone now so time to kick butt again. Today was great ....great on cals, exercise, and water. Peeing like a racehorse now! LOL!
bep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 12:42 PM   #17  
kitty Momo

Good Morning,

Howdy back Bep! I bet you look fine at your weight. I am something like 174 and people say I look good. *eyes roll*.....they say it looks like I have lost weight and I don't see that on the scale but who knows........I feel fine and I bet you look just as wonderful as me. lol Denial, huh??

I have a PO number Cristi. It gets forward though, I haven't been by to check all week. I will tonight and let you know!!

I applied for an apt last night. A cute 2 bedroom @ 565 , with lots of grass around. I hope I get it - just a small complex and all one level. My mother is driving me nuts. Last night I came home and she had spent time cleaning up my toiletries. ARGH.......and my clothes - double ARGH,,,,,and I think she cleaned my underwear......triple ARGH.....and she parents Gaby......lol

I slept right through my walk this morning. I better go. I have tons to do!!!
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 04:58 PM   #18  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hiya ladies...

BEP...good to see you back. Company is always bad on the ole diet. But good you are back on track.

SUSAN...funny Slept thru your walk...of course I think I slept thru the whole morning. Some days I just don't want to get up. My mom would do the same too. Except when she stayed with me once she went through some of my personal things, ie my journals. I was in the hospital at the time and she was with the kids. Only way I knew she did was in one of them I had a bookmark with frilly stuff on the end. I found it on my bedspread and wondered what the heck it was. It was weeks after she had gone that I discovered it was from one of my journals. I love my mother but we can't be together for days at a time...we both get on each others nerves. I hope you get the apartment...it sounds cute and perfect for you and Gaby!

Got in a walk this morning but didn't make it to It Figures. Going to try and go this evening if she is open until at least 7:30. I've never been in the evening so don't know her schedule. Of course it all depends on how late dinner is and what's going on. Might just forget it and go tomorrow. Can buy groceries early and go my usual time. I don't know Might just call it good with the walk. I NEED to clean this house since I haven't been able to the last few days. Another busy day today so didn't get to it again, ugh.

Have a good one ladies!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 09:24 PM   #19  
kitty Momo

I sleep through my commute in the morning too Cristi. I am a multi tasking chick. hehe
Anyway - I checked the mail and didn't get anything. I am joining Toastmasters and I got a list of meetings in the area.
hmmm, tired. Chat tomorrow.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:40 PM   #20  
I can dream, can't I?

Hi chickies.
Bep- Nice to see you. I love company, but sure do exactly like you and go overboard when they visit. You will get back on track quickly though.
SuzyQ- Good luck with the apt. Sounds like a good thing. Mother's have a way of wanting to keep us children, don't they. Do you suppose our girls say anything like that about us? (Nah, not US!)
Cristina- Hello again...

I got a walk in today, but little of anything else got done. The builder was here fixing a few little things, so I couldn't do much! I fixed a yummy chicken rice dish for dinner.
Have a good Thurs. gals!
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 09:14 AM   #21  
ugggg.....

Bep-I am trying to get back on track myself--I know what you mean about the water thing, you do bad for a few weeks and then when you do get it back on track you are running to the bathroom constantly the first few days!!

SuzyQ--I can relate to the apartment hunting..Still apartment searching with DD. She is still in love with the first apartment she saw and has not liked any of the others. She says if she doesn't get the one she wants, she will just move home and rent a storage unit for her stuff and keep looking until she finds one that is like it. That one is small but cute and well maintained, has off street parking and is on a quiet street. The only downsides to moving home are the whole moving things twice once to storage and then to the next apartment when she finds it and her Dad. We all love him but he is VERY controlling and she doesn't want to fight with him. They are both very headstrong.

Cristina-I noticed you are moving further down the slide from the 200 mark--I can't wait until I can say the same thing.

Sue--My Mom's sick right now, she went through a bout with a stomach problem and a bladder infection about tow years ago and it's back, they never did figure out the stomach problem but it went away so everything seemed fine. Now both are back and her blood pressure is spiking up again. Hopefully they will figure it out this time, it's just weird that all three strike together.

Well I am off to do the usual Friday stuff, bank, post office, library, groceries etc.....am going to try to make it to the gym too.
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 01:18 PM   #22  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Hi Ladies -- I know I haven't been here for a long time, but I wanted to say that my mom passed away on Tuesday morning and we buried her yesterday. This is the worst thing I have ever had to go through in my whole life, and I know they say that time heals, but this will take a long long time. I would just give anything to be able to talk to her one more time, and give her a hug and a kiss. I will be back to chat later, and I hope all of you have a good day.

Love, Michelle
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 05:11 PM   #23  
kitty Momo

I am so sorry Michelle. I wish you and your family all the support that you need during this time. It is so hard losing anyone, let alone a parent. Call me if you need to chat

Hello to all and I hope you guys have a good weekend. Chat in a bit!
Old 10-21-2006, 03:21 PM   #24  
One day at a time

Hi Ladies...

MICHELLE...{{{{{HUGS}}}}} to you sweetie. Hope today is a little bit better than yesterday for you. I love your new avatar and the picture in your signature.

JULES...yeah, I'm getting there with the weight slowly but surely. One day I will make it to goal. Right now, I'll be happy to get down 20 less pounds! Hope DD gets the apratment she likes. Sorry to heara bout your mom. Hope they find out what is wrong and can do something for her soon.

SUSAN...okay, hate to sound dumb, but what is Toastmasters? Sounds familiar but can't put my finger on it. I've had days where I felt like I was sleeping the whole day...glad there's not too many of those, lol.

Hiya Sue!

Nuthin much going on. DD and I went to an Antique store this morning. Planned on going to a couple more but geez, we spent 2 1/2 hours in that place. It has thre stories plus a basement. It's cool looking at all that old stuff and reminising. Actually, hardly come across stuff from when I was little but once in a while we do. Anyway, today is a rainy lazy day. Think I will read a book later.

Hope everyone is having a good day.
Old 10-21-2006, 09:09 PM   #25  

Hi Ladies...

Susan...We will have to meet sometime to chat, because I would really like that. I hope you also get the apartment that you want.

Cristina...Thank you for your kind words. Today has not been a very good day. I was so upset so my DH and I went to the cemetery for a little while. I just have a horrible empty and lost feeling inside of me. It's really hard to explain it, but I'm also not wanting to be alone right now and I don't like the night time anymore.

Jules...I hope that your DD gets the first apartment you looked at, because it sounds perfect for her. I hope everything also works out for your mom.

I cried and cried today when I got a card from my cousin, because the words were so fitting from being a small child to an adult and your mother. She also sent a $20 check to buy an angel to have in my mom's memory. My older DD and I went down to the Hallmark store, my most favorite store, and I got two different angels. They are the Willow Tree angels, which I love. One of them is holding a red rose, which red roses my mom loved and were on her vault and also on her memorial folders, and the other angel was holding a big red heart. I put them on a shelf, one on each side of a picture I have of her in a frame. I had also gotten a cute beanie bear that was a baby pink color, holding a pink flower, and on the feet it said love you mom. My mom loved the beanie bears, just like I have for years, and she would have loved this one too. I cannot still believe that she's really gone, such a sad feeling I have. I hope all of you are having a good day.
Old 10-22-2006, 09:22 AM   #26  
ugggg.....

SuzyQ--okay...what is Toastmasters?

Michelle-- I like those angels too--hope things will get easier

Cristina--There are a lot of antique shops around here--I haven't been for awhile but we used to go alot.

Hubby wants breakfast--gotta go!!
Old 10-22-2006, 12:20 PM   #27  

Ladies...I was just letting you know what Toastmasters is, because one of my bosses used to participate in it once a week. She told me that it's where you go and learn how to become more comfortable speaking in front of people. She might have more to add to this.
Old 10-22-2006, 02:07 PM   #28  
One day at a time

Hello ladies...

MICHELLE...I feel so bad for you, wish there was something I could do, or even give you hugs in person. I have some of those angels also. I've always loved and believed in angels but really got into collecting them after the loss of our sweet baby. I did buy a few when DH passed away back in '91. And I love Hallmark. Every year I add to my collection of Mary's Angels...the Christmas ornaments. The first one I bought I thought would have looked identical to Nathan, with the blue eyes and blonde hair. I still have bad/hard days with both Nathan and DH#1. Your mom will always live on sweetie, in your heart and in your memories. I know it's not the same as having her with you. I totally understand not wanting to be alone. It will get easier though, I promise you.

JULES...has DD heard anything about the apt. she likes the best? So what was for breakfast? Anything good? I had some pancakes earlier, didn't really hit the spot and I don't like cooking for myself. Both DH and DS are working and DD is sleeping in.

Hi ya SUZIQ, BEP & KATY! Hoping all is well with you ladies.

Nothing much going on today. Going to do my christmas cards and get them out of the way. Also, get some things ready to mail tomorrow. Going to cook a pot of chili later since it has been so chilly, brrr...soaking the beans right now. Anyway...take care ladies, chat with yas later.
Old 10-22-2006, 03:08 PM   #29  
ugggg.....

Michelle--Thanks for explaining the Toastmasters thing, I have to speak to a large group every two years when the managers from the Book Stores we sell are product to get together. I get so nervous. I've been in management for several years so I have had to hold meetings. I have to make myself not rock back and forth. I usually joke about it in the beginning so it breaks the ice.

Cristina--The landlord of the apartment that DD wants is not making his decision until the last weekend of the month, which bites because that's when we wanted to move everything. The current landlord may give her until the first weekend of Nov--I told DD to tell him we would fix the sloppy paint job in the roomates room--I touched up all the moulding on every room but hers that her and her friends did. She left about six inches of the white above the pink to paint a border which she never did. The landlord to their little house turned out to be as bad as the neighbors tried to tell us. I told DD to appeal to his cheapness to be able to move her stuff the first weekend of November. I just don't want to move stuff to storage the last Friday and Saturday of this month only to be told she has the place on Sunday or Monday and have to move it again. I know she really doesn't want to move home, but it may be happening for a reason--I agree with you on that. Breakfast was scrambled eggs with cheese, mushrooms and onion fried in them and veggie sausage links.

I think I am going to be too tired for the gym today--I have been working in DS's old room which became storage when he moved out, so that if DD does come back she will have more room. I had some things to go to Goodwill, golf clubs, a typewriter, some books, more clothes and assorted stuff. I will be dropping off each night this week that I go to the gym which is just across the road.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:02 PM   #30  
bep
Certifiable CHOCOHOLIC!!!

S/C/G: 255/211/150

Hi all...just popping in for a moment. Down 3 lbs! Yippeee! I'm back in the saddle again!
bep is offline   Reply With Quote