Old 11-16-2006, 10:38 AM   #151  

Default Thursday

Nori: Marty got voted off, unbelievably he lost 8 lbs and was still in the bottom two! I was so mad that the guy Eric from New York was the deciding factor to vote him off. He had told the trainer Bob that he would vote for Wylie because Erik and Marty were the last two blue team members. Instead he voted for Marty, he stabbed him in the back. I would have voted for Wylie strictly because he'll have a huge loss next week (he lost 0 this week). Marty left with no hard feelings though, he truly has a great personality. They showed him going back to school with his students. I think his "now" video was the absolute most shocking so far. He lost a total of 140 lbs (about 50 more since the show) and he looks UNBELIEVABLE!! It showed him playing football, basketball and he was so muscular it was wild. Check it out online and maybe they'll show some of the photos. I was really sorry to see him go. I hope Erik or the brown haired lady goes next, they are really sneaky. I know it's a game but some of the contestants realize that and can be happy for others when they lose, some of those guys are taking it too vicously, just for the money. Anyway, the new girl who I felt bad for last week was such a cry baby on last nights episode...sickening...which reminds me of my eating yesterday

B: oatmeal = 3
S: biscotti, granola bar = 4
L: Lean Cuisine = 5
D: 4 slices of spinach/sausage bread = 16? 1" slice of pumpkin pie = 2
Pts: 30 Exercise: none Water: 20 oz?

I don't know how to look up stuffed breads? I guessed, I hope I was close. I was trying to get rid of leftovers from last weekend. The kids finished the quiche. I don't think I'll get to the gym tonight either and DH is gone all weekend so I'll have to try to make myself workout at home with DVDs or pilates. Send me some motivation!! I know Onederland should be my motivation but we're going out to dinner tonight with the kids, I hope I can hang on!!

Mo
MoNewEngland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 05:34 PM   #152  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Is the brown haired lady Kia - from Alaska? I've sorta lost track. It is always so encouraging to see their after the show pics and see the results - and that they've stuck with it at home.

Yes, you are so close to Onederland! You'll be there by Monday.

WTG on the weight loss ladies!!

I'm getting phyced for Christmas! Acutally played some music today!
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 07:19 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 250/249/150

Height: 5' 7

hi everyone.. sorry i have been MIA.. I was trying to outrun a few pounds but they caught up with me and needless to say it has me feeling like such a failure! I am quite in the dumps.. but mo pm'd me.. thanks again mo.. it helps to know others miss hearing from you.. i will pull myself outta these dumps .. I am trying to take in more fiber to make me feel full at night.. I have been a late night snacker.. but am resolved to keep it high fiber to feel fuller longer.. i have to count out my calories for turkey day and beyond cause we entertain alot.. so I need friendly things for me...

I will post that 1-2 pt pumpkin pie recipe later tonite..

I will have to catch up individually with all of you later .. well bye for now..Kim
slimkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 10:50 PM   #154  
One life, live it well

Hi Kim! I'm planning T-day also. I want to eat around 2pm this year, so there's not a whole day of food sitting around to tempt me.

I updated out website: http://ojr.aboutmybaby.com/
Old 11-17-2006, 09:06 AM   #155  

Default Friday

Hello ladies:

Kim: glad to see you back, I'll be looking for that pumpkin pie recipe. I am a night time snacker too. I keep a container of skinny cow ice creams in the freezer. They're 3 points and I try to save points for them or use my bonus points. I usually have one late at night while watching TV.

I've had a cough now for weeks that's slowly gotten worse. Today I feel a little clammy. DH is gone all weekend so maybe I'll just rest (and help DH make her stonehenge model!). DD is having a friend over Saturday, I hope I can handle the girls, she's a bit out of control.

B: oatmeal = 3
L: salad w/ feta = 6
S: biscotti, granola = 4
D: bacon cheeseburger & couple of fries (we went to Friendly's ) = 22
S: few bites of DS ice cream = 2
Pts: 37 Exer: 0 Water: 25 oz.

I really need to try to work out at home because I can't get to the gym till Monday at least probably.

I hope everyone is having a good week. We have less than two weeks till the end of our November challenge!!! Where is the time going???

Nori: I took a quick peek, the photos are adorable. I think the girls are starting to look a little more like you, especially the younger one. You reminded me I need to start on a Christmas card of the kids Last year I kept putting it off and ended up taking a digital photo and rushing to the drug store. The kids faces looked like they had 3rd degree burn!

I'll check in later before I leave work...I'll be leaving early today at 3 p.m. to get DD off the bus and DS from his after school group...(Japanese Anime...right up his alley!)

Mo
Old 11-17-2006, 09:09 AM   #156  

Just a thought. Maybe we could all PM each other our home addresses for anyone who like to send holiday greetings (just indicate what you celebrate...Christmas, Hanukkah, etc...or just New Years!)
Old 11-17-2006, 10:14 AM   #157  
One life, live it well

I PM'ed you with my info, Mo. If you get a list together you can then just PM or email (I gave you me email also) me the others.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:05 PM   #158  

hi every one!!
Mo I am so proud of you for staying on track and really giving this a go for it attitude!! you're my role model...
Sarah, serena, danielle, and everyone else i hope u all are psyched for the slim down.. I promise to hang in there and route you all on...

Nori
.. below is some info i copied form dotties site to slim turkey day down..
Cutting Thanksgiving Day Calories In Half:

Turkey day survival

DON'T STUFF YOURSELF AT THANKSGIVING! FOLLOW THIS ADVICE AND
EAT THE TRADITIONAL TREATS WITHOUT EXTRA CALORIES.

Below you'll find some great ways to cut your Thanksgiving Day calories in half.

1. Roast some chestnuts over an open fire. At only 70 calories and less than 1 gram of fat per ounce, chestnuts are wickedly low in fat. Compare that to 169 calories and almost 15 grams of fat for the same amount of mixed nuts.

2. Skip the cheese and crackers. One ounce of brie cheese on three crackers hauls in over 150 calories and almost 10 grams of fat. That's more than a roll with butter! Save your calories for the good stuff, like stuffing or dessert. If hors d'oeuvres are a must, go with raw vegetables and a low-fat dip.

3. Undress the turkey. Take the skin off to strip away almost half the fat and a chunk of calories. Six ounces of the bird with the fatty overcoat provide 357 calories and almost 17 grams of fat. Cutback to only four ounces skinless, and you're down to less than 195 calories and 6 grams of fat. Bonus tip: Eat less turkey; you'll use less gravy.

4. Mix less fat into the stuffing and scoop less onto your plate. For every tablespoon of butter you remove from grandma's recipe, you can eliminate 108 calories and 12 grams of fat. Substitute chopped apples and pears for a healthy, moist, sweet flavor. (She'll never know!)

5. Use whipped butter, or better yet, light margarine or I Can't Believe It's Butter Spray (my personal favorite). You can shave about one-third of the calories and fat grams by using a tablespoon of whipped butter rather than the same amount of the stick variety. Since it is "whipped" with air it spreads more easily, so you may even be able to get by with less. Light margarine has only 50 calories per tablespoon. Lastly you can spray on a few sprays of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray which has no calories.

6. Whip sweet potatoes with apple or orange juice instead of butter. This traditional potato dish is all the sweeter without those added calories.

7. Serve the vegetables naked. Veggies don't need a heavy, fat-laden, cheese sauce overcoat.

8. Make pumpkin pie lighter. Use egg whites instead of eggs. (Two egg whites can be substituted for a whole egg, a savings of 34 calories; 5 grams of fat, and all the cholesterol.) Use evaporated skim milk rather than whole milk and save 120 calories and 16 grams of fat per cup.

9. Use less whipped cream on top of the pie. Use 1/4 cup of the white fluff instead of 1/2 cup to get the job done.

10. Pick a light lightener. Cool down your coffee with milk instead of cream and save 36 calories and 4.5 grams of fat, ounce for ounce.

OK.. also here is the 1-1.5 pt crustless pumpkin pie....

1 15 oz. can pumpkin
3 egg whites
1 cup splenda
1 cup low fat milk (or ff evap milk)
2t pumpkin pie spice..or <1/2t cinnamon, 1/2t nutmeg, 1/8t ginger, 1/8 t allspice> play with amounts to taste...

Mix all together and bake at 425 for 20 min and 350 for 30-45 min until done.

should be about 1 pt before cool whip...
i have to have the ff cool whip! yum!!!! best to everyone!!! Kim
Old 11-18-2006, 11:37 AM   #159  
One life, live it well

THANKS Kim!!! I think in my whole lifetime I've been conscious of what I've eaten at the holidays like maybe 1 time!

I bought new jeans yesterday! Been looking for awhile now for a good fit. Ends up the the only jeans that fit my large upper thighs are Tommy Hilfigers? Every other jean if it fits my waist is way to tight in the legs. I have huge legs for the rest of my body. I felt good in them...DH loved them when I got home and showed him...they are 16's.
Old 11-18-2006, 11:50 AM   #160  

Nori that is great!!!!!!! I am so so proud of you and your accomplishments.. I am praying i will be in the 220's ....again... for next weigh in.. wed.. so hooray for you...

Kim
Old 11-20-2006, 01:13 PM   #161  

Default aerobics

Hey, everyone. I think it's been awhile since I've posted but I haven't been watching what I eat real well. I did sign up for an aerobics class and tonight is my first class. I dread weigh in tomorrow.

I looked into hypnosis a few years back but had to pass cause it was really expensive and my husband had doubts that it worked but he has a family member and his family members mother both had hypnosis done recently. One to quit smoking and the other to get off of drugs and they both say it works so I'm considering trying it myself but we really don't have the money for it. The guy they went to charges $200 per session and I don't know how many sessions would be expected. In the long run though, if it works it would really be worth it because I can cut back to lose weight but I really haven't changed how I eat. I still don't eat alot of what I should be eating, and the way I see it if he's willing to fork out money to have cosmetic surgery for me then surely he could fork out the money for this. I may have to wait until after tax time to do it though. Anyway, is anyone else familier with hypnosis?
serena37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 02:39 PM   #162  

Default Monday

Hello ladies:

Serena: I don't know much about hypnosis. My mother did it maybe 25 years ago and it worked for her but she gained it all back.

Nori: Way to go on the jeans!!! I bought some Seven jeans at the Lane Bryant outlet near me and I love the fit. Although mine were still an 18

I PM'd all of you my addresss and e-mail for anyone wanting to send cards.

Well, I am officially in Onederland (lost .4) but only by the skin of my teeth and I ate so bad this weekend, I'm afraid it's not going to stick for next week (I won't even begin to write what I ate, it will only make me relive it again ). I dont want to teeter back and forth. Help!! I haven't been to the gym in days because DH was away, now DD is sick, I don't feel great, I have TOM very badly and I have a teacher conference tonight so maybe I'll get there tomorrow.

Kim: good luck Wednesday for your weigh in, 20's here you come!

Catherine & Nori: I got your addresses, thanks. I'll compile a list, I read that after I sent mine out.

Check in tomorrow....Mo
Old 11-21-2006, 11:14 AM   #163  

Hello ladies:

Where is everyone? Well, unofficially I was 200.4 today, I don't know why I even got on the scale. I'm hoping I'll be back down to 199 by Monday, but it doesn't look good. I just ate a danish I don't feel great and I look awful, very pale and blotchy. We made DD go to school yesterday and she came home crying because her ears still hurt. The doctor called her in a new prescription and she went to school today looking fine. At 10:15 I got a call she wanted to come home! My mom went to go get her for me. I think I'm calling in sick tomorrow. I figure between me and DD one of us will need it! Then I can get my stuffing made tomorrow afternoon and won't be rushed making it at night. I think I'll cook my small bird for home too while I'm at it.

Hopefully I'll get to the gym at some point this week. This cough is keeping me up at night and I've got circles under my eyes.

If I don't get back her for any reason this week, I wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!! I'm thankful for my 3fatchicks friends!
Old 11-22-2006, 01:06 AM   #164  
One life, live it well

Sorry I haven't checked in. I've been working overtime this week and getting ready to go out of town tomorrow. If you can belive it I haven't weighed myself this week. I've forgotten to do it both yesterday and this morning! So, I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving!! I'll check back in Monday when we are home.

Woohoo, Mo got to onderland!
Old 11-22-2006, 08:51 AM   #165  

morning everyone!!
well I have alot of prepping to do as we have company in and out so entertaining too... I am looking to do a sugar free low fat cheesecake... my daughter is making a high calorie full fat one.. so I am thinking I will just make like little cheesecakes in muffin tins for me.. I am making my 1 pt pump pie for me and bought a regular one for everyone else.. boy I get a whole pie to myself..lol
Mo I am jealous almost in the onderland!!!!! can I loan you my 32 lbs!! well actually I would like it to be a gift.. no returns..haha.. no I don't want to do that to u..
I will write more later got to run to the school quick..forgotten homework... bye! Kim