Old 11-09-2006, 09:58 AM   #136  

Default Thursday

Hi ladies:

Catherine: great job on doing your exercise, I don't know how you work those hours! I tried working 11 p.m - 7:30 a.m. as a supervisor years ago and I hated it. DH would be getting ready for bed and I'd be getting dressed to go to work.

Serena: don't sweat the weigh in, it's just one week and you had a feeling it wasn't going to be good. Next week will be better.

I'm off tomorrow for Veteran's Day but I'll try to check in from home over the weekend.

B: oatmeal= 3
L: Lean Cuisine, 1 granola bars & 2 dum dum lollipops = 11
D: picked at the plate of pork roast then ate a bagel w/ PB= 12
Pts. 26 Exer: 0 Water: not much

Hello to the rest of you ladies and I hope you're feeling better Nori.

I'll try to get to the gym on my way home because I don't want to miss two days in a row.

Mo
MoNewEngland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 10:52 AM   #137  

Default bad hours

When I graduated high school I started working at the post office. I had to be there at 2:30 am. I only did it for about 6 months but I haven't had a good nights sleep since. It really screwed my sleeping up. Then I got married and it got worse cause my husband always suffered from night terrors and then I had kids and it got even worse. So I'm 30 years old and I look and feel about 15 years older.

I hope everyone is doing well.

My mother made "Taco Soup" last night. It was really good and I imagine it probably wasn't a lot of points cause it was mostly vegetables. Of course the big piece of cornbread that I ate with it probably didn't do me much good.
serena37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 03:17 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 238/230/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi All,
Had a terrrible day yesterday, had sweet craves big time. Ended up eating, yep, 5 chocolate covered cherries. There's 5 more left in box, told hubby he could have them. Hope he eats them soon, lol. My hubby can eat everything & not gain an ounce. Me I smell it & gain, lol. Doing better today though, so far so good. Had a slim fast for breakfast and a veggie salad for lunch. I'm not much of a breakfast eater.

Mo: You are so funny, I always chuckle when reading your post. Pizza is one of my weaknesses.

Serena: I've been there too, I avoid mirrors but one day we will be there before we know it. Let's show the hubbies that we can do it. Hate to admit it but I outweigh my husband & that bothers me big time.

Catherine: Way to go with the exercising,that's what I need but very lax on that. Need to blow dust bunnies off the exercise equipment,lol.

Nori: Hope you get well soon. Drink lots of orange juice. Speaking of that, I heard a doctor on tv say, that an 8 oz. cup of orange juice a day would have all the vitamin c that we needed to have per day & would build our immune system. The only thing is, I hate orange juice, lol, go figure.

Everyone else hello, good luck & have great success. Bye to all my important friends, lol. Bye for now, Teresa
teajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 08:59 PM   #139  
Working on new me in '07!

S/C/G: 293/293/253

Height: 5 foot!

Hey girls!! I haven't checked in here in a while..

I wanted to let you know that Amanda landed a job at Wal* Mart and starts Saturday.

We signed the lease to our new apartment today.

And I know that my weight had been from 293 - 289 and back to 293. I got on the scale today and it was at 290!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope that things are going well with everyone!!
LookingForHope16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 04:57 PM   #140  

Post two more pounds

Hello ladies, thank you all for the support. Well, I weighed this morning and I am down two pounds. I am slowly getting back to where I was in the spring. My water intake is still doing good. Trying to stay away from the soda. So if I do not have water I drink tea. Lots of green tea. I am slowly working up on my exercising. My son is being very supportive. The sad part is he can do lunges like they are going out of style. Puts me to great shame! He is only twelve. He has to do them every day as part of his warmup in PE. His support does seem to be helping though. Eating is a little better. I am trying! Had Mexican yesterday though! MMMM! Good! I know that all the lifting at work is helping my upper body. I need to focus on the lower body at home.

Theresa, Chocolate covered cherries! I do not know how you can eat them. I used to do a slim fast for breakfast it is easier on me at that early hour. Then I stopped and just started eating everything in sight once I did get to eat. I am now drinking a Boost at breakfast on the way to work. One to help regulate my Blood Sugar. It holds off my hunger also.

Serena, I am only 4 years older than you! I am sure you do not look that old. I have been working early shifts on and off since I was 18. You kind of get used to it. I do hate going to bed early though.

Mo, I just do what I have to do. You see I also carry the insurance. My husband has never had a job with good benefits. I have state benefits if that says anything.

Nori, have not heard from you, hope you are doing well.

Greetings to all of the other wonderful ladies here. Have a great week.

Catherine
jamamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 09:22 AM   #141  

Default Monday

Hello ladies:

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

On the bright side, I did go to the gym on Friday night by myself. Saturday I missed the gym but the kids and I went for a bike ride about 4 miles down at the beach. Sunday I went to the gym again. Now for the downside, over my normal allowance I ate 1/2 a chicken quesadilla on Friday night. Saturday my bad food included a piece of pumpkin pie. Yesterday we had last minute out of town company so after the gym I ate a 1/2 a dunkin donuts bow tie then I ran to the local farm marker and italian restaurant to buy food for their visit. I ended up eating two pieces of stuffed bread, two cookies, a bowl of NE clam chowder, a slice of quiche........you get the picture!

My weigh in today was 200.0 exactly. Still not in Onederland but next week I hope. My loss was .8 for the week, 10.8 lbs. total loss. Only 17 days left of our November challenge!!!! I think I'm only at 2.2 lb loss

Mo
Old 11-13-2006, 12:27 PM   #142  

Default so bad

I did so good this entire week up until saturday night. Hopefully I atleast have stayed where I'm at and not gone up.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:32 PM   #143  

Hello,
Wtg on weight loss Erika & Catherine. Mo, it will get better.We'll do better next week, I'm sure. I weighed in today at 217lbs. I've only lost 1 lb. I'll take it,lol. Stupid choc. cherries about done me in. I like those so much. Hope everyone else is having great success. Have a good week everyone. Think I'll pop in the ww video & try to exercise today, wish me luck, cause I'm so out of shape. Bye all and have a good day.
Teresa
Old 11-13-2006, 12:53 PM   #144  

Hey There Serna,
Sorry, missed your post & I just read yours. Wtg on doing better. You're not bad the food is bad. Hang in there and wishing you lots of success. Hello to all the rest and best of luck to all. Bye. Teresa
Old 11-14-2006, 02:04 AM   #145  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Hi ladies! I feel so bad that I haven't followed along here for a week or so. Got sick...got better...got behind...had to catch up! You know the cycle.

Anyways, I haven't lost any weight this month so far. I did start counting calories againt his week though, so that's a good place for me to start putting up consistant losses week after week. Back to Basics.
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 08:50 AM   #146  

Default Tuesday

Good morning ladies:

Nori: glad you're feeling better. I find I have to count something, points, calories, etc. If I don't journal my food intake, I just go out of control.

Teresa: did you do the tape? I can never do a whole one, just work your way back into it.

Serena: good luck at weigh in tonight. Too bad your mom wouldn't do WW with you, it would make things easier for the both of you.

Erika: congrats on the loss and the new apartment, just think of all the calories you'll burn moving all your stuff!

Catherine: it sounds like you get a workout just at the bakery. I hope DH and the kids are doing well.

Kim, Danielle, Sarah: Where are you girls?????? Have we been deserted?

B: oatmeal = 3
L: Lean Cuisine, Banana = 8
S: biscotti, granola bar = 4
D: 1 cup goulash, few bites of bread, 1/4 cup potato salad, I guess I was grazing a bit?? = 11

Can I lose 29 lbs in 18 weeks? If I did it was be "40 lbs. by 40 years old"!! I like to set more achievable goals, but we'll see...I can dream!

Mo
Old 11-14-2006, 05:47 PM   #147  

Hi ladies!

Erika - congratulations to Amanda on the new job! Have you moved yet/

Mo - awesome job with family exercise!

Nori - so glad you're back!

Serena - are you taking vitamins? I notice that I sleep much better when I take them, and I've also been using Sleepytime Extra tea before bed. I feel much more relaxed and sleep better.

Catherine - yay for your son's support! How's work?

Teajay - lol-great job stopping at 5 chocolate cherries and ditching the rest off on hubby. My hubby can also eat anything and not gain. Soooooo not fair!

Okay - I have to adjust my ticker. I'm way up. This has to be water, because I went from 204, to 200, and now back to 207 in a matter of 3 weeks!!!! Wish me luck buckling down!!!!
marinemommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 09:43 AM   #148  

Default Ww

Sarah: No actually I don't take vitamens. i keep telling myself I need to and then never remember to buy them.

I lost 3 pounds at Weigh in last night. I'm back to a total of 11 pounds lost.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:48 PM   #149  

Default Wednesday

Hello ladies:

Serena: way to go on the 3 lbs lost!!!!

Sarah: Glad to see you here. You were hovering at a landmark number and now is time to get serious, don't lose sight of Onederland. I was right on your tail and will start kicking butt if I have to!

For some reason my appetite has increased over the last two days. Maybe TOM is coming? I usually only get it every 3 months but it seems like when my weights goes below 200 I start to get it more regularly. I hope I can control myself through the weekend. Part of my problem is the water. I get an awful metallic taste in my mouth lately when I drink it

B: oatmeal = 3
L: Lean Cuisine, orange = 6
S: biscotti, granola bar = 5
D: 4 bites apple pie (4?), 1 small slice quiche (6?), handful of fruit loops (1), 1/2 cup potato salad (5?)
(I came in from work like a banshee, I couldn't eat fast enough)
Total points: 30? Exercise: 30 min Water: 32 oz?

Is anyone watching The Biggest Loser tonight? I think I'll try to catch at least the ending.

Mo
Old 11-16-2006, 09:55 AM   #150  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

I missed the biggest loser. Who left?

I'm just so busy and I'm thinking about startingwork full time on top of it all

I know I'm losing weight this week. I can feel it! I'm committed!

Well, I only got my Pilates done this am and I'm off to work. TTFN.
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote