View Poll Results: How's the weather where you are?
Cold and/or wet--yucky. 4 22.22%
Chilly, but nice. 5 27.78%
Sunny and warm. 4 22.22%
Perfect--this is what Fall is all about. 2 11.11%
Ask again tomorrow--it's something different every day! 2 11.11%
Other 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 03:52 PM   #46  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Aunt Hazel is finally home and very happy to be there! I spent the day with her yesterday helping her to sort through all the new meds and generally getting her situated. I made a lasagna for dinner and a blueberry cobbler for dessert and finally around 8:30 last night she said that she thought she was going to be fine and sent me home. She called this morning to let us know that all was well...looks like things are on their way to going back to "normal"!

Travis is doing really well! He gets frequent access to a computer and I have been able to chat with him over Yahoo quite a bit. He likes the area of Iraq that he is in and doing what he is doing even though he doesn't have all the luxuries that he had during his first tour. Water is at a minimum and he has only had two showers since he's been there. I can't even imagine what the boy smells like! I picked up a large supply of new socks, foot cream and a lot of baby wipes today to send to him. Not quite as good as a shower and freshly washed clothes, but I'm sure it will be better than nothing. They don't have a "mess hall" either so they are eating something that is just a step above MRE's. I guess it's sort of like a TV dinner that is dropped into boiling water to heat it, so I make sure to send him lots of goodies to eat too. All things considered he sounds really good and is getting along well.

It sounds like everyone has something fun planned for the day today! Normally we would be off doing something today too, but for now I'm just enjoying being home for a change. Have a good day everyone!
Old 10-16-2006, 05:42 AM   #47  

Vogue-I hope your parents make sure you get your ankle checked out. Sounds like the boy is very interested in you. Good for you on the weight loss. BTW, I am doing WW, both Flex and Core. I wasn't too great yesterday, though. I ate through the house last night. I'll get back on track today.

Ali-Good for you on the WI! You are doing great.

Dee-I am being very cautious with my feet. I am actually doing Galloway running, which is a run/walk. I run about 12 min, then walk 1 min. I haven't gone over 5 miles at a time, and never 2 days in a row. I just need to tell myself that's all I can do right now and not push it. I am only going 12 miles per week right now. I don't want to get back into 40 miles per week. For me, it just isn't good for my body. I do want to keep up the biking though. I am going to get my dream bike once our refinance is done.

Suzy-How wonderful that you are able to "talk" to Travis and he is doing well. My always keep him in my prayers.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:04 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 211/180/140

Where did the weekend go? It really flew by here! I can't believe it is Monday! I need another day off!

Vouge, you probably should have your ankle checked. Take care and be careful!

Suzy, give Travis my best next time you chat with him! Rob and I talk about him often. He is one special young man! Also, so glad Aunt Hazel is doing so well.

Shelley, so happy you are able to run some now.

Well time to get out the door and get to work. Today is test day, so easy day for me, but then I get to correct everything so the rest of the week, isn't so easy!
Old 10-16-2006, 09:29 AM   #49  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

S/C/G: 202/See Ticker/130

Height: 5"6

alli- Not to worry haha its no broken in fact I still plan to play tennis today , just bruised a bit. I iced it on and off all day yesterday and kept up with the Ibeprofen . I even did some crunches on the pilates ball!

Glad to see you like your inlaws. I know my new brother in law loves my parents even more than he loves his own so sometiems it just works out that way.

suzy- I cnat imagine whats on your mind between aunt hazel and travis. My prayers for both! Travis really sounds like hes doing good. and I wouldnt worry about the shower thing, hes a boy. he likes to get dirty haha. I have had those army dinners before. once in school in 3rd grade an army general guy came for like career day and brought them in , it was so gross!!Im sure hed love some twinkies for you to send his way!

Shell- Thanks so much . I think he is to shy to ask me out after he said we should be just friends cause he liked another girl who turned him down . so I am just going to keep dropping hints that i still like him and wait for him to say something. and really I have the weakest ankles. I twist my ankles at least 3 times a year. I dont know how it just happens.
How do you like weight watchers? at my age I dont see it ideal but mabey one day , I hope i dont get to the point where I need to diet again ... I wont.

lynn- I am just fine thanks for all the concern. like I siad it happens often!

Last edited by vouge09; 10-16-2006 at 09:38 AM.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:14 AM   #50  

Please stop!!!

A new thread has been started!!!
Closed Thread