Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 11:15 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Weight Loss & Chit Chat #215

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 10-05-2006, 11:33 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

I'm back, ladies,

Judith - sorry about your problems with aunt flo.

Sassy - same for you. And yes, you are right, everyone has something in their life that isn't fair.

Cristina - YW for the postcard. About Dale, he went from here in Indiana to Mississippi to work with his dad in electical work. He's getting lots of overtime, since there is such a demand for it due to Katrina, but wants to come home so badly. He'll be home for 4 days this time, which is good. Btw, Terry and Gina are doing well. She has the ultrasound the 10th, so we'll have a due date then. I'm excited about the new baby.

A big hello to anyone reading this.

Tomorrow I'll have Macy from 7:30 - noon, since her daycare is closed for the day. Gina is taking off at noon. I think I'll take Macy shopping with me in the morning, but we'll see.

The meeting today was us mostly discussing the dinner for next week. I volunteered to make a fruit salad as one of the desserts. I thought that would help keep me away from some of the other high calorie stuff the others are bringing. Gotta have a plan, right?

Have a good evening, ladies.
Old 10-06-2006, 06:00 AM   #3  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Morning Ladies!

Thanks Ladies for the well wishes with me dealing with AF and all. Judith, to you as well.

AF is still being naughty and mean. But I'm dealing. I had to spend an entire night with a room full of men, boy what fun that was! NOT! Me with my hormones raging and them all arguing back and forth.........whoopee........lol.

Oh well only 3 nights to go and I'm off again! lol.

I hope you all are doing well!

Old 10-06-2006, 06:21 AM   #4  
ugggg.....

Hi ALL!!

I think our computer problems are fixed, keeping my fingers crossed. Too much to catch up on so I will check in later.

Jane--have fun with Macy

Sassy-my TOM finally is getting back to normal but I was dealing with it every two weeks for awhile--talk about raging hormones and PMS!!!
Old 10-06-2006, 06:24 AM   #5  
~Believe~

Red face

Jules -- WB! Keeping my that your computer problems are all fixed! My husband just fixed mine, as I had a nasty virus. UGH every two weeks is just as bad, if not worse than what I go through. Mine will last for months at a time.....But then I get months of a "break" too.

Old 10-06-2006, 10:01 AM   #6  
On A Mission

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140

Height: 5ft 3in

Hey all

Thanks for the well wishes. Not cramping now but the dingy witch left without finishing the job, so she'll be back

Tonight is my 10 year reunion. bah. I am not that old. I don't feel that old. Never mind what my darn birth certificate says... and it's at the football homecoming. Yeah. Nothing says temptation like booster club brownie explosions and half pound buckets of popcorn coated in real butter...

I.will.behave.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:55 PM   #7  

Height: 5'1"

Another quicky here. Time flys when you don't get much sleep!

I have Jhanai this weekend so I won't be on much if at all this weekend. Plans of going to the pumpkin patch and visiting w/grandpa.

James is going to be looking for a treadmill today! Looking forward to that!

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Hugs!
Old 10-06-2006, 03:03 PM   #8  
~Believe~

Hi Ladies................No your eyes are not deceiving you, I am really up this "Early" lol. Hub is meeting with our boss...............So at least maybe we'll have time today to stop at Hobby Lobby so I can get the stockings for the troops.....

Marti -- cool on the treadmill! I wish we had room for one!

Old 10-06-2006, 05:16 PM   #9  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies

I tried to get on sooner but with errands and a last minute trip to the vet it just didn't happen. I swear I need to figure out what is wrong with me, get out of this funk and get on with business...I am not getting anything done around the house. Ernie has had an allergy or something. His eyes are so bloodshot and he hardly wants to hold them open. When I take him out to potty he tried rubbing them in the grass. Rubs them on the carpet and with his paws...had some icky stuff oozing out as well. I figured it was allergies because all else is fine. Well, here it is 3 days later and it's not any better so I thought I better get him to the vet. He checked them and the lens are not cut, scarred, etc. so he's treating it as a conjunctivitis (sp?). Gave him a shot and put some eye cream on his eyes. Gave me a tube to do it at home three times a day, should prove interesting. If he's not better by Monday I am supposed to take him back. Anyway...

JANE...hope you have fun with Macy today! I can only imagine how excited you are with having a new bundle of joy on the way, I know I would be too! Will they find out the sex? Or do they want it to be a surprise? OIC about Dale...ya gotta go where the work is and if the money is good all the better. But I bet Mary and the kids miss him like crazy! Good for volunteering to make fruit salad, and yeah a plan is good!

SASSY...I can't remember what your hours are that you work...I know you work nights though.

HIYA JULES! glad you computer is fixed...we miss you around here!

JUDITH...have fun at the reunion! I went with DH to his 30th last June and it was actually a nice time. I knew a few of the people already from living in the town before we moved here but they were really nice and we had a good time.

ROBIN...was thinking about you and wondering how your friend is. Let us know when you can.

MARTI...woohoo on getting a treadmill! I get bored with mine because I would rather be outdoors but there are times it is my best friend. And...I have never used it as a clothes hanger, lol!

MARY KATE...hoping all is well with you. Been wondering how you are too, how your arm is doing.

NORMA & TIFFANY...how are you ladies doing?

Hi to everyone else

Guess I better get going. Need to help V hang my flag on the deck and almost time for Jeopardy, can't miss that, lol. Chat with you ladies tomorrow.

Have a good day ladies!
Old 10-06-2006, 06:39 PM   #10  
ugggg.....

Sassy--it turned out that we had a nasty virus too even though one of the programs we ran said that we didn't.

Mkat--have fun at the reunion--hopefully you will have such a great time reconnecting with old friends you'll be able to withstand the temptations!!

Marti--I liked taking the kids to the pumpkin patch when they were small--there is a local one that has a hay maze too. I miss them being young.

Cristina--poor Ernie!! My Levi is our problem dog--he tends to get yeast infections in his ears and gets red from scratching from time to time--doctor says it's allergies but we need to take him in for blood tests to find out exactly what he is allergic too. My son's one friend just called him from Kuwait and is just going to Iraq. He's an MP and is married with two kids. His other friend is now home from Iraq and is stationed in Oklahoma but they are talking about sending him to Afghanistan now. He also has two kids. He will be in the area for Christmas.

Well my son and his girlfriend both got some bad news this week. He got laid off on Tuesday and she got word this afternoon that their Verizon office will be closing December 3. He already has some interviews and has some odd jobs lined up already. He said he might go back to cooking until he goes back to work in the spring. She is going to talk to her friend that works at a call center about a half hour away from where they live, her friend was going to get her a job right before she went from her last temp job to this one which is 5 minutes from their apartment. Say a prayer for them!!
Old 10-06-2006, 09:26 PM   #11  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

Julie - your son and his GF will be in my prayers. He sure sounds like a go-getter, not letting any moss grow under him. Glad you got the virus fixed. My laptop is running so slow, I wonder if we have one again.

Sassy - I just love Hobby Lobby, and was just talking about it to my friend in Florida. She's never been to one, and said she's going to find one. The nearest one to me is in Evansville, but well worth the drive, lol.

Cristi - thank you for the card, but you didn't have to do that! I am happy to help the troops. Aww, poor Ernie dog. I sure hope the cream and shot works for him. Terry wants to know the sex of the baby, but Gina doesn't. Or... was it the other way around? LOL

Marti - a big YAY for the treadmill. If you place it in front of a TV, trust me, the time will pass before you know it. Have fun with Jhanai and grandpa this weekend.

Judith - did you have fun at the reunion? Let us know how it went.

Mary Kate - thank you so much for the card from Mendocino! It looks like a very interesting place - almost like a western cowboy town. I can only hope to get to visit there someday. Neal and I talked about taking the Amtrak out west, stopping a couple of times overnight to sightsee.

I did have fun with Macy. We went to the bank, a fabric store, and a couple of grocery stores. She's a little cutie, and has eyes that dance. But I gotta tell ya, I feel just absolutely worn out tonight, and hope a good night's rest will revive me.

We have 2 birthday parties this weekend: Caylin's 3rd is tomorrow, and Dale's 32nd is Sunday. The good news is, I don't like either kind of cake that will be served at them, so no challenge there.

Have a good weekend, ladies!
Old 10-06-2006, 11:09 PM   #12  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

So nice to see all you ladies check in. I am hoping to catch up with individuals soon....simply exhausted tonight. We did the garage sale today and that is loooong, tiring and boooring. Came home and did laundry, baked 5 doz. cookies, brownies and muffins to take to a neighborhood weinie roast tomorrow night. Plus made DH cornbread to go with the beans Mom had cooked today. Had to clean the kitchen tonight and was folding clothes up until 20 minutes ago. AND tomorrow is another day of garage sale. I will be so glad when all that stuff is gone....and I can finish up at the old house and have time to devote to the new house. Geeze louise. Will get to meet all the neighbors tomorrow...although I have met most. There are now 12 houses in the area, one not finished yet.
I told DH I am sleeping in as late as possible on Sun. and DO NOT DISTURB! I am just beat!

I will not promise to be back tomorrow, but Sunday for sure. Have a good week-end my friends.
Old 10-07-2006, 06:05 AM   #13  
~Believe~

Hi Ladies. This will be a quickie. I didn't even think I would be online but I had to stop by and take my pill, so I figured I may as well "pop on". (my pills are on my desk by my computer).

**WARNING AF is mentioned and if you are not up to reading, you may want to skip**

I made it through tonight at work, but WOW did AF ever kick into FULL gear about 1 1/2 hrs before I left. She seems to come into SUPER TURBO SPEED between 2 - 7 a.m. and she definately is there right now! I was even debating about going to the ER but I've been there before with the same issue and they don't do a thing but make me wait and wait then do a very uncomfortable exam just to tell me, "There is nothing we can do." So I guess unless I am floating in a pool of blood I guess I am okay.

It sounds strange but I feel like I can feel my uterus contracting. Maybe its just cramps or something but it sure feels like it.........

I told hub if it doesn't get any better I am not going into work tonight (Saturday Night). I know that may sound stupid, but I don't care. How much work can I get done when I spend 1/2 my shift in the bathroom anyways?

Well I'm sorry this was not a very "pleasant" post.................I am going to lie down and watch some tv.

Take Care.

Old 10-07-2006, 08:39 AM   #14  
ugggg.....

Jane-DS moved out when he was 18 1/2 and has worked steadily ever since--he said he's kind of sad because the electricians helper job was a good career move and he really liked it--he didn't like the long commute-he got picked up between 4:30 and 5:00 Am and didn't get home until 5:00 to 5:30 pm because he was the first picked up and the last dropper of by the commuter van. They want him back when things pick up in spring but he's thinking of checking out some of the local companies now that he has over a year experience and tools and has a good reference. He said it will just be a see what happens first thing. His girlfriend also has worked steadily since she was 16--she is a go getter too.

Sue--wow you have been on busy woman lately-my dh has a thing for cornbread too--and isn't your DH a Jerry too??? I may be confused....Hope you enjoy sleeping in!!

Sassy-I hope you can get some help for your pain, it sounds horrible..

Not doing much today--it's a rainy yucky day....Ds and gf were planning to come out tomorrow I hope they still will. DD is fine.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:09 AM   #15  
ugggg.....

Sue
Closed Thread