Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 11:47 AM   #1  

Arrow Home of the Loozing Floozies #96

Welcome to the home of the most fabulous Floozies anywhere on the web!!!

We're a great group of ladies (men are Always welcome) who are here to offer support and an "ear" in a light-hearted (most of the time ), caring (ALL of the time!!!) atmosphere. Whether you need a , a or a and you've found the right place to get it!

As moderator, I've been a bit slack lately, so in this thread opener I want to say to Vogue, Allison and Nancy!!!!!!!
We're glad to have you in our group!

Any other newbies/lurkers--come on in for some good
Old 10-04-2006, 11:55 AM   #2  

Default Not A Poll, But. . .

As you all noticed, I didn't post a poll on this thread, BUT!!!, I do have a question for you all to think about (I'm very interested!):

If you could have an endless supply of any three things what would the three things be?

For example, my three things would be dry cat food, cat litter and yarn (of whatever variety I needed at the time).

The reasons:

Dry cat food--I have 9 outside cats. I feel as though I buy cat food everytime I turn around!!! I wish I could just have a new bag standing and waiting whenever the old one was empty!

Cat litter--I swear, even though a bag last through, like, four litter-box changes, I feel like I ALWAYS run out at the WORST times!! Same as the cat food--I wish it would just replenish itself!!

Yarn--I'm always working on "some" project (some of them never get finished, but hey!, I work on them!!). I wish I could just think of the yarn I'd like to have and---POOF!!---enough of it to complete a project would appear.

So, what are the three things you'd like to have in endless supply? Feel free to get philosophical (who couldn't live w/o and endless supply of time, right?), but gimme at least one or two "hard" items!
Old 10-04-2006, 11:56 AM   #3  

Sheesh--do I sound like an English m'arm, or what?
Old 10-04-2006, 12:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Oh, my goodness! An endless supply of three things? I'm guessing that money can't be one of those things, either (like time! ) ?!?!? LOL

1. Good books to read. I love to read and I just hate it when I finish a book and don't have a new one to pick up and read.
2. Gas. I hate having to stop and fill up. It's just so darn inconvenient.
3. Friends. We always need someone to talk to.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Note to Nancy--I try to stay at about 1200-1300 calories per day in order to lose weight. I'm sure there are days that I go above that (like yesterday! LOL) but that's only about once every 2 or 3 weeks that I really go overboard (but those seafood enchiladas were just yelling for me!!!)
Old 10-04-2006, 03:39 PM   #6  
Losing it!

HHHMMMMMM.....Money was going to be number 1!!!

1. Groceries, including fresh fruits/veggies( I despise grocery shopping)
2. Toilet paper (We are always running low!)
3. Dog Food (Like Cheryl, always on my shopping list)
Old 10-04-2006, 06:53 PM   #7  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

S/C/G: 202/See Ticker/130

Height: 5"6

BIG NEWS!!!!!!!!!

I tried on my " goal" jeans and I think you know the end to this story!!!! Gasp!!! I couldnt even button them 2 weeks ago and now I can button them!!! I still look fat in them but its a huge acheivement for me to even be able to button them!!!!

I measured myself ...Lost 4 inches !!!!

Need to lose 5 more to fit in a good way in them babys but I Lost!!!! Omg I am on a huge high right now!!! No one ...No one can bring me down!!!!!!!
Old 10-04-2006, 08:37 PM   #8  
Losing it!

CONGRATS VOUGE! I KNEW, KNEW, KNEW YOU COULD DO IT!!!!! Rah, Rah!!!! Yippeeee!!!!!! Gayle jumping up and down in joy for Vouges success!!!
Old 10-04-2006, 10:51 PM   #9  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Aunt Hazel's surgery went well today. They took her to the cath lab at noon and she was back in her room by 1:30 and sitting up on the edge of the bed eating dinner at 5:00! If things continue to go as well she will get to go home tomorrow. I'll be staying with her for a few days once she is home. I don't want her to stay alone until she gets her strength back, but the doctor says that there's no reason why she can't go back to doing all the things that she has been doing and more, so I guess everything is going to be fine. That's a good thing too, because I'm exhausted...I'm such a weenie, but I really don't handle being out of my regular routine well. I just want to do my regular thing, eat my boring Special K cereal for breakfast, do laundry, run the vacuum, play with my grandkids...even cutting grass sounds good right now! Ok enough whining, I'm going to bed. I'll try and check in with you all tomorrow.
Old 10-05-2006, 09:07 AM   #10  

Vogue:

Congrats!! On those jeans!! (Gayle jumping up and down for you )

Suzy:

So glad to hear about Aunt Hazel! Don't apologize for "whining" (which you weren't, btw!)--we're here to listen to you when things get tough. Be sure to take some Suzy time so you don't burn out.

Gayle: you know you're my

Hello to everyone else!!!!!!!!
Love!
Old 10-05-2006, 09:53 AM   #11  
Losing it!

Ahhhhh.....Cheryl......your gonna make me
You know your my little sweetie!

Suzy, happy to hear Aunt Hazel is on the mend! Can she have home healthcare stop in and check her and help with things such as bathing until she builds her strength up? The service was a big help with mom when we first arrived back home. They offer bath aides, therapy etc. They will even do a safe home check, walking around and looking at things that could be a hazard such as area rugs etc. She is probably able to receive medicare benefits so there would be no out of pocket expense on her part. Our healthcare agency will do it for any time period, whether it be a few days or several months. She needs to be considered "Homebound" which means it would be taxing on her body to try to get out and do anything other then doctor appointments or church if the case may be.

Hey, when are we going to try to get together for a chat???
Old 10-05-2006, 10:04 AM   #12  
Losing it!

Just looked at the Thanksgiving challenge thread....our very own Miss Cheryl needs to do some bragging!!!! Cheryl, you are on a roll! Keep it up! I bet you are feeling so good right now!
Old 10-05-2006, 11:49 AM   #13  

Yeah, Gayle, I'm doin' pretty darn good.

Vogue inspired me to give low carb a shot for a while--I've lost 6 pounds so far.
Old 10-05-2006, 01:42 PM   #14  
Losing it!

I never thought about it Cheryl, but I bet low carb is a good plan for you since your not a big fruit/veggie eater. GREAT job! I'm VERY proud of you!
Old 10-05-2006, 02:47 PM   #15  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

S/C/G: 202/See Ticker/130

Height: 5"6

THANK YOU GAYLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suzy- you are a saint for spending so much time with your aunt!

4myself- Muchas Gracias!
I inspired you? Awwwwwwww!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread