Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 12:03 PM   #31  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

S/C/G: 202/See Ticker/130

Height: 5"6

Thanks Gayle and Butters!

No Flo left last week....
I think I did eat before I weighed.
No its not the original scale. I just wanted to use it to see.

so i cant help but think that might be my weight right now. Kinda wish I hadent weighed myself. Oh well I stayed on track anyways and am just going to have to kick up the excersie a notch.
Old 10-08-2006, 12:43 PM   #32  
Losing it!

Vouge, I know I can weigh on my scale, then go to my moms and have a 3 pound difference. Worse yet, the doctors scale is 7 pounds more then mine! I'm SURE you have lost more then the scale is reading. Why don't you go to walmart and get you a cheap set of scales to keep in your room? I think you can pick up a scale for around $8-$10. Then you could weigh each week or two on your own personal scale.
Old 10-08-2006, 03:09 PM   #33  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

Yeah I have been meaning too.....just gotta find time hahaI am so busy . I am constantly writing for my school newspaper really hoping to make editor in cheif next year when the editor leaves , trying to pass geometry!!!! and worrying about homecoming and stuff so im a little busy but I saw my friend like I said and she kept telling me i looked so beautiful I couldnt help but think ... ummm okay was I that ugly 20 lbs ago? Im sure she doesnt mean it liek thats he is just trying to be motivating.

Her aunt that she lives with said to me " I always thought you were a cute girl but I can tell you will have a fgure once you lose more weight ." Im like Uh yeah thanks alot for the complement sarcastically. Bee-otch.

Oh well Im venting again. Im really happy doing great. my life is in place . everythign is just so awsome. still waiting for mr. right . but hey im only a teenager and once I loose all my weight i will have offers left and right haha. good motivaton right?? Lol~!
Old 10-08-2006, 06:10 PM   #34  
Losing it!

You have the rest of your life ahead of you Vouge. From personal experience, don't rush to find a boyfriend. When it is the right time, a wonderful person will enter your life. I am paying now for choices made in my late teen/early 20's years, who would of thought it? I made the wrong choice in a boyfriend/husband and now there are certain areas I want to get on with in my life and I can't because of the years I was married to him. Silly, considering we have been divorced 13-14 years.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:49 PM   #35  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

wow. Thanks ha . Im not to let someone control me ,I am more than independent.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:21 AM   #36  
Losing it!

Where, oh where, are the other Floozies? Come out and play please!

I had a "day off" yesterday. Went to MIL's for breakfast after church, then had Wendy's last night. I skipped lunch, so hopefully the damage won't be as bad as if I would of had three meals.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:40 AM   #37  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Sorry to be MIA for so long! Aunt Hazel was discharged from the hospital Friday afternoon and I have been staying at her house with her and just haven't had time to get to the computer. She was doing very well up until Saturday night when she started complaining of being short of breath. Of course she didn't say anything in the middle of the night when it first happened because she "didn't want to wake me". Ugh! What's the point in me being there then if she won't call me when she needs me? She is independent to a fault! So anyway, she wanted to wait until Monday when she had an appointment to see her regular doctor, but I put my foot down and called the on call doctor to see what he thought about the shortness of breath. Of course he said get to the hospital ASAP, so that's what we did (but not without a fight). They admitted her with congestive heart failure and have started her on breathing treatments and diuretics. They had stopped all of her meds when she was first admitted a week and a half ago...one medicine that they stopped was a BP med that had a diuretic in it, so it's no wonder that she was retaining fluid. Hopefully she will start to feel better soon!

One of these days I may be able to catch up with everyone, but I need to make the most of my "day off" today. Hugs to you all...stay away from the cookies and drink your water!
Old 10-09-2006, 04:07 PM   #38  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

prayers and hugs for saint suzy!
Old 10-10-2006, 05:39 AM   #39  

Suzy-Sending more prayers Aunt Hazel's way.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:21 AM   #40  
Losing it!

Suzy, the breathing treatments and the duretics should work wonders for Aunt Hazel! My mother can't live without her "daily fix"!! LOL! I hope AH is back home soon and you can get some rest too.

Shelley, are you ok??? You seem awful quite....I miss the fun, happy Shelley with stories to share.

We have quite a few MIA's....I wish everyone could come here and check in at least every few days. I think checking in helps some of the others stay on the right track too...plus we miss you!

My weigh-in is tomorrow, I'm staying the same on the scale so far. I am eating well and trying to make healthy choices. Trying to decide if we want soup for dinner tonight. We had a COLD wave hit here! Forecast of snow mixed with rain for tonight! YUCKY!
Old 10-10-2006, 09:22 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 188/188/145

Height: 5'5''

for you Suzy and your Aunt. How stressful! but at least you and your aunts dr are on top of things.....
for you vouge, scales are dastardly things. Your best barometer of weightloss is the waistband on your jeans.
Monica!! I had my house on the market for 125 days this Spring before it sold. It is stressful! But I can tell you that even though the market has slowed way down everywhere houses are still being sold. What has your realtor told you? Any feedback?

Well, I have lost 1lb. I haven't been excercising as I should (although I will be mudding my dds new room today...22x12, that has to count for something!) but my eating was doing great, until my period came and then it all went to heck. Still, I came out of it 1lb less, and that is at least a start on my journey.

Thursday I go for my first mamogram and the usual gyno exam. I want to cancel the appointment. First, I'm afraid that the mamo is going to hurt as I have cystic breasts, and secondly....well, I'm embarrassed. I have gained 10lbs since my last appointment, and I really am too embarassed to see my dr! Well, I know I have to go. I guess this is the price for all that raw cookie dough
Old 10-10-2006, 11:47 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtome View Post
Well, I have lost 1lb.
Congratulations!!! And don't feel embarrassed! My doctor told me for 3 years running that I needed to lose 10 pounds. I almost didn't want to go back that 3rd year. But after the 3rd year, I buckled down and for my appointment the 4th year, he gave me a high five for losing 20+ pounds! And, yeah, mammos do hurt a bit--but not for long. Do it. It is important!!

Quote:
We have quite a few MIA's....I wish everyone could come here and check in at least every few days. I think checking in helps some of the others stay on the right track too...plus we miss you!
Gayle, sorry I haven't checked in......I've been lurking but not posting (well, not posting here anyway!). I'm thinking of doing a short fat flush (like for a couple of days) and have been reading up on that. Ilene (moderator over in Featherweights) is doing it this week--she's kind of at a standstill in her weight loss. I lost 4 pounds in September and gained 2 in October! Not quite the right direction!!!

Suzy, I hope your Aunt is feeling better soon. My Mom had open heart surgery in July and one of the hardest things for her to do was her breathing exercises. It's gotta hurt to take a deep breath, but if you don't, you risk pneumonia. She had problems with her meds also. She has really low BP, and they had her on BP meds, which lowered it more, but when asked why she had to take them, it was to keep her BP low in order to heal. I don't understand, but then, I'm not in the medical field!

Quote:
Oh well Im venting again.
Vogue, we all need to vent once in a while!!!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-10-2006, 12:27 PM   #43  

Busy bees here lately!

Stewart is mad at me again, but this time I understand why. I bought a 2007 Hyundai Accent (2-door, hatchback, no frills at all) yesterday without consulting him first.

Now I have two new vehicles (two payments, double the insurance, the works). I just got a new 2006 Dodge Durango at the end of August and the gas is KILLING me--even though it is down to less than $2.00 here. I've been spending around $90/week on gas (driving around 600 miles/week). That's $270/month in gas, and the car payment is $250. It's supposed to get 40 miles/gallon, so it should all even out moneywise PLUS keep miles off the SUV for when I get ready to trade it in.

Anyway, I'm vehicle poor right now.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:47 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 211/180/140

I'm checking in. Very busy with school work, working on the house and everything. Weight is at a standstill. Weigh in is on Thurs. so we will see. Didn't go last week, with the scare with my bad mammo. Today I cut my hand on some broken glass at work, so hand is all bandaged up.

Backtome, can't stress enough how important those mammo's are!! yes, they hurt for a few minutes, but it is worth it, to be sure everything is ok! Take it from someone who had a scare last week.

Suzy, Aunt Hazel is in my prayers as are you! Hope all is going well!

Gayle, I am so jealous! SNOW!!! I LOVE SNOW!!! I just read we are supposed to have a warmer than usual winter. Wish I hadn't read that article in the paper!
I know Suzy is ready to throw something at me, for saying anything positive about snow!

Vouge, venting is what we do best! Vent away!

Monica, we just sold our old condo, last year and it took awhile but was so worth it.

Well time to think about what to make for dinner.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:55 PM   #45  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

vent vent vent hahaha done. No I am having kind of a good day today ...:-)
no reason just am happy for no particular reason.
Closed Thread