View Poll Results: I feel like I could really lose weight/maintain my goal weight if only I could......
Recover my "lost" motivation 2 14.29%
Get back into the exercise groove 3 21.43%
Stop chowing down all these things I know I shouldn't be eating 2 14.29%
All of the above 9 64.29%
None of the above--I'm doin' Great! 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 03:10 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies (#03)

Here at McSkinneys, our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches. We must keep those Loozing Floozies losing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies. Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas. We would love to have you!!!

Old 11-21-2006, 03:17 PM   #2  

Well, I didn't go to the lap-band seminar last night.

I'm so wishy-washy--I KNOW! I just FEEL like I could do it on my own if I could just get into that "groove"------Know what I mean?

I know several of us are having motivation issues at the moment, and I wish there was something I could do to help. I really feel, as moderator, that I SHOULD be able to do something to help all y'all, but I can't even seem to help myself!!!

Ok, Ladies!!!!!! Let's make a pact to get past the holidays (including those big ones in December/January) and start GETTING IT DONE!!!!

Last edited by 4myloves; 11-21-2006 at 04:11 PM.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:58 PM   #3  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Oh Cheryl, I feel the same way! I KNOW that I CAN do this...I have already lost 25 pounds, so why all of a sudden do I want to lock myself in the refrigerator and eat my way out and why don't I seem to care if I gain it all back again? Where has my motivation gone and how do I get it back again?
Old 11-21-2006, 05:17 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 211/180/140

I also have lost all motivation and just want to eat and eat and eat and eat! What has happened to me?
Old 11-21-2006, 08:48 PM   #5  
Losing it!

I can do great for a few days then I want to eat and eat and eat...
I think I have so much other stuff going on in my life like caregiver etc. losing weight is not a priority for me at this point. I wish I could get into the mindset of MY health comes first, but there is always doctors appointments, school functions, family stuff etc.
Old 11-22-2006, 12:07 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Oh, my goodness. Jury duty totally killed me today. Be there at 8, delay until 9, delay until 10, delay until 10:45, finally in the courtroom at 11, dismissed for lunch at 12, back at 1:30 only to be delayed because the DEFENDANT was late coming back from lunch!!!!!!!!!!! Sat through hours of questions and still they haven't chosen a jury so I have to go back tomorrow at 9 AM. I think I am totally biased against one fo the defendants because of her making all of us jurors wait for HER and because the jurors are not allowed to wear tank tops, spaghetti straps, etc, yet SHE SHOWS up in a HALTER TOP?!?!?!?! Totally inappropriate in my book.

Besides all of that, I have to make the 6 pies for Thanksgiving AND I have caught a cold (thanks to my Mom who came down with it first and then gave it to my Dad and then me). I'm feeling pretty rotten at the moment. I took TheraFlu and am hoping for a good night's sleep. Due to jury duty and pie baking, I may not be able to check in for a day or so........

Take care and GET THE MOTIVATION you need!!!!!!! Love ya!
Old 11-22-2006, 07:40 AM   #7  
Janice

Allison - you sure have a lot on the go right now. Hope you feel better soon.
It sounds like many of us are having the same problem right now. Everyday I get up thinking this is the day I will get back on track, but it doesn't last. I have gained back every pound that I lost, I know I have to get control somehow, and I know I can do it when I really try.
WHAT IS WRONG WITH US????

Old 11-22-2006, 12:10 PM   #8  

I won't be here tomorrow, so I want to tell y'all to have a

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Right now.

Also,

VOGUE-------HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
Old 11-22-2006, 02:38 PM   #9  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

S/C/G: 202/See Ticker/130

Height: 5"6

THANKS 4 MYSELF !!! i AM COUNTING DOWN THE HOURS.

KATIE is doing great! She came home last night . Baby is still in the hospital. so yes she delivered. 4 lbs 2 oz. 16 1/2 inches long. hes so small! But he is going to be great and live a long life. He was supossed to have lunch problems when he was born cause he was 5 weeks premie but he had no problems. He as in I have a nephew . Paul .

Thursday night - I go to the hospital and visit and get home around 12 .
Friday night- I "sleep" at the hospital waiting for her tests and results , and just being with her. I dont acually sleep more than an hour I am so worried. Meanwhile there is a crazy man taking up the whole couch in the waiting area , who is drunk and screaming in his sleep so I retreat to the cafeteria for scielnce and read my book that I am completely unintrested in but there is nothing else to do . Didnt see my sister all day beacause of her blood pressure no one is allowed to visit her so my emotions are running high.
Sat- there all day . Baby is born by c- section at 9:30. Had to sit and listen to my brother in laws mom who thinks she knows absoloutly everything tell me that if she doesnt deliver the baby will dry up and die . Rolled my eyes at her and asked where she got that ludicris idea and she told me it happened to a friend of hers. I then realize that she is full of bull**** and I havent slept in over 24 hours so I go back to the cafeteria. Worse of all , we have to go to her house for thanksgiving and my birthday. its going to suck . I told my mom that and she said we are going to celebrate thanksgiving our way ( which is putting up christmas decorations and watching the chicago thanksgiving parade while eating pumpkin pie for breakfast ) the day that we bring paul home. We go home at about 3 a.m and sleep till 11 then go back to the hopsital on sunday .
Sunday - we are back at the hospital for the day. Go home at 4 where I sleep 2 hours then wake up a 6:30 for school.
Monday- Go to school , come home and try to take a nap but I am so tred that I cant sleep. I spend the night at the hospital with my sister to take care ofer cause she needs help getting up, going to the bathroom , I have to go get her food. There is no extra bed so I sleep on two chairs I pushed together and get so uncomfortable I eventually put my pillow and blanket ont he hardwood floor and sleep tehre ,I wake up eevry two hours to help katie breast pump while sleeping beauty( her husband) sleeps on a nice cot throughout the night cause he has to go to work the next day .
Tuesday -Husband decideds to stay hoem from work. I am so tired and infuriated I slap him across the face, the walk out and apologize an hour later . i hangout all day long to take care of my sister .
I go home at 9:00 with katie and my mom asks if I wanna go to the hopsital on wendsday morning to see the baby. I bust out crying saying " I AM SO F***ING TIRED I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE . " my mom comes rubs my back and says " Even though that outburst was unncecesarry its ok I understand just go to sleep".So I go to sleep.
Wends morning. : I wake up at 9 having slept 12 hours and worry that I overslept and my sister went alone when I find her ont he computer and says she decided to stay home. I make sure it wasnt cause of me and she said no not at all she just wanted to sleep btu I have a feeling it was for me . I love her so much.

Wow Ironic I am about to click quick reply when that took me 10 minutes to type. Thank you everyone for wondering where i am makes me feel so special. I met my thanksgiving goal but I think I gained 5 lbs or so at the hopsital. I ate so muchcrap. friday I am back on my diet for ever and ever!
Old 11-22-2006, 05:09 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Vogue--glad to hear that your sis and nephew will be fine. It sure sounds like you had a rough week. Take care and have a wonderful birthday tomorrow!
Old 11-22-2006, 07:46 PM   #11  
Losing it!

Vouge, glad to hear baby & sis are ok. Your sis knows you love her dearly and she is trying to return that love to you in the small things she does. Treasure this first nephew, you will become so attached, you won't think of anyone else.

Allison, I hope you survived through jury duty and pie baking! Hope your feeling better too!

Cheryl come back soon!

Janice, see you right after Thanksgiving. Wanna get motivated with me???

Okay Floozies, sending special hugs & loves to my very special group of ladies. When I stopped to count my blessings today, you guys were right at the top of the list.

HAVE A BLESSED THANKSGIVING!!!
Old 11-22-2006, 07:49 PM   #12  
Losing it!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VOUGE! Have a blessed day filled with family, love and all kinds of good presents!
Old 11-23-2006, 06:27 AM   #13  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, VOGUE!!!
Old 11-23-2006, 06:29 AM   #14  

Vogue, congratulations on your new nephew!

I agree with everyone! My motivation has gone in the toilet. I am like Gayle, do good for a couple of days, then back to my old tricks of eating stuff I shouldn't. Right now, I have been great for the past couple of days, but I haven't gone out enough exercising. My booty is huge!

HAVE A WONDERFUL THANKSGIVING, MY FLOOZIE FRIENDS! PLEASE KNOW I AM THINKING ABOUT ALL THE FLOOZIES THAT HAVE COME AND GONE!!
Old 11-23-2006, 09:25 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 211/180/140

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Happy Birthday Vouge!!! Congrats on that new nephew! Spoil him rotten, they grow up so fast! Cherish every day with him!
Closed Thread