Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 01:45 AM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Default Being Accountable: Weekly Challenge #9.

Time to start next weeks challenge!! Whose all in??

Challenge starts each Monday and ends on Sunday. And ANYONE is welcome to join.

Each week you choose something health-related that you really have a hard time doing, and you do it for the week. Say for instance, you really want to cut down on sugar and you know you can do that for at least a few days a week. You can choose how many days such as 3 or 4, up to all 7 ....(but no less than 3, please) and then commit yourself to it.

AND....it doesn't have to be all in a row, either! You may decide to not eat sugar for 4 days. So on Monday you have no sugar, but on Tuesday you can have some, on Wednesday none, then Thursday...(you get the idea) Just try to complete the amount of days you committed yourself to.

You may choose limiting calories, getting in more exercise, drinking more water, eating less processed foods, taking a vitamin, journaling, counting carbs... whatever your need is - go for it! The choices are limitless!

And feel free to do what ever it is that would help you complete your challenge. We had a suggestion of being a "STAR" You would give yourself a letter after each day you completed your challenge. And after the 4th day....you would spell STAR. And how fun would it be if we all were stars??

So who is in for this week?? Please, come join us and make this a great week!
Old 09-18-2006, 10:51 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

I'm in for intentional exercise, and will go for the STAR challenge of 4 days.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:55 PM   #3  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Default Day 1 done!

Count me in this week! I skipped exercise last week so that is my challenge this week...5 days of exercise. I felt like crap today but dragged my sorry butt out of bed and went for a work out at IF. I didn't do the whole 30 mns. but went around twice and did some of the equipment three times-25 mns. Going to work my way up again but slowly.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:50 PM   #4  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

I am going to try for the STAR..4 days of exercise. Any kind! Today was not a STAR day. It is rainy and cool, I felt so blah I didn't accomplish a thing.
Watch out tomorrow!
Old 09-18-2006, 11:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 273/248.5/160

Height: 5 Ft. 6 In.

Hey guys, if we all become STARS, it will be an astronomical event. A shower of stars! I will walk a mile a day in my new shoes for at least 4 days.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:10 AM   #6  
GmaTo8

Default astronomical event, hahaha!!

Gimme an "S'....

I've earned the first letter by walking on the treadmill while I watched 30 minutes of The View today. Makes the time go faster.

Good luck this week, ladies!!
Old 09-19-2006, 10:15 PM   #7  
GmaTo8

And gimme a T, lol

I don't go too fast, and I don't go too far, but I walked my limit again today.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:53 PM   #8  

I had I hopes for starting my mile walks today, but alas it wasn't to be. My DD called and her hot water heater went out. I left at 10:00 am to meet her and between getting the water heater, I had to kill time until 2:00 when her husband got off work to unload the heater from my blazer at their house. I didn't get home until 3:30pm and I was pooped. I wish I had a pedometer. I killed so much time walking around stores I'd like to know how far I walked.
Maybe I'll have an "S" tomorrow.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:14 PM   #9  
I can dream, can't I?

AND..I'll also take an S although I am a day behind Jane.
I walked 2+ miles today and brrr was it nippy out there.
Plus...I did weigh and I stayed at 170...thought for sure I would go up a bit due to lack of enthusiasm the last week. So..look out..169 here I come. Anything to get out of the 170's!
Old 09-19-2006, 11:15 PM   #10  
I can dream, can't I?

Jane..once more you are my hero!
Old 09-20-2006, 03:04 AM   #11  
One day at a time

Default Day 2 down, on to day 3!

Got in a 1.5 mile walk Tuesday and today I am headed to IF. Going to try and get a walk in also...we'll see.

NORMA...you really should get a pedometer...you would be amazed at the amount of steps you get in for a day. And it makes you want to get more! Or it did me. I need to get a new one, mine went wacky.

JANE...good job!

SUE...WTG

Keep on truckin' ladies!
Old 09-21-2006, 12:13 AM   #12  

Still no S , I had a funky day. Cristina, do you have any suggestions on pedometers? Are they all alike? I could use some input from anyone about this.

Norma
Old 09-21-2006, 12:19 PM   #13  

Give me an S !!! I walked 1.2 miles!!!! The sad part it took me 30 minutes and I was out of breath!!!! New shoes felt great though.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:42 PM   #14  
One day at a time

Yay Norma! I know nothing about pedometers. I bought a cheap one from Target a while back and it was accurate but it didn't last long. So this time around I am going to get a little more expensive one. There were some in a WW magazine not too long ago that are supposed to be good for about $30-40 bucks but I figure I could keep buying the cheaps one that will eventually totally this amount or more or just go straight for the "good" one so...that is what I am going to do. But if you just want to measure a walk and keep walking the one walk, a cheap one would be great. I would measure it against something though. I walked at a park that the trails were a certain distance and went by that to make sure of it was accurate.

Anyway...I am going to have to back out of the challenge this week ladies. The old back is not working right and I cannot even walk straight so there's no way I can get any exercise done the rest of the week. I may try some walking but I don't know...can't go very far before tiring out from this. I'm hoping to be in full working order by Monday though to start over, lol.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:36 PM   #15  
I can dream, can't I?

Finally got my T and after all the carrying and lifting I did moving Mom today I should take an A also. But I will settle for the T.

Didn't get exercise yesterday, unless you count cleaning a whole house...the NEW one. Up and down the ladder cleaning fixtures and all. Food has been decent this week...so I might stay the same, doubt I lose even a pound.
Closed Thread