View Poll Results: How long has weight been an issue for you?
As long as I can remember 4 33.33%
Childhood 1 8.33%
Teen/Young Adult 4 33.33%
Midlife or after child/children 3 25.00%
Golden years 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 09:57 AM   #16  
Losing it!

Happy THINK FIRST THURSDAY girls!

Great title Suzy! My prayers are with you Suzy as you go through this difficult time. Travis is way too young to go off and experience war first hand. It's sad they have to go, but thank goodness we have people like Travis willing to fight and protect our country. God bless him and his family, I will be saying extra prayers of protection for him.
Now drop the tissues and the gallon of death by chocolate! I think I know you well enough to get an insight into your son and he would want you to not be moping around but to stand up, dust yourself off and get right back on the wagon again. {HUGS}

Shelley, were you overweight as a child or did your mom let you take them as a preventative? I worry sometimes about how my relationship to food/dieting has effected my kids. Allison is very aware of food labels and healthy food vs junk food. I hope it is a good thing, but then I worry I am making her paranoid. I'm not sure if it is a good thing when my 7 year old refuses a treat because it has too much sugar/carbs in it.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:33 AM   #17  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Thank you Gayle (and everyone else too). You are absolutely right...Travis is always the first one to kick my in the bum and tell me to snap out of it. I talked to him last night and I got the "Mom, don't watch the news because they don't tell the WHOLE story" speech again, so I do feel a bit better today.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:37 PM   #18  
Losing it!

I feel like such a fool! I'm not even going to tell you how I did it, but I accidentally sliced my ear lobe open today! I instantly raised my hand to my ear and pulled back blood everywhere. I called the doc about infection and am to watch it for awhile. I could of used stitches, but cosmetically all the damage shows on the underside of the lobe so I vetoed that one out. (saved me probably $300.00) For awhile, it looked just like someone pulled the lobe out and sliced into it with scissors...gross huh? Well, I was planning to mow today, but now to go lay back on the couch. Feeling kinda nauseous and the Tylenol is kicking in. Just wanted to share my fun day with you! LOL!
Old 09-14-2006, 02:24 PM   #19  

Thanks for sharing your life struggles with food and weight issues.

Suzy with all your friends and family prayers Travis will have angels guiding him.
Stop now put down that cookie!
I love your daily challenges. They have really motivated me and helped me lose the couple of pounds that I had put on. Thanks. Now let your daily motivations, motivate YOU!

Gayle oh that must have hurt………….so if it looks like someone took the scissors and sliced into it is that what you did? Can’t keep a secret here, fess up what did you do?
Rest up and make sure that you don’t do so much so it doesn’t start bleeding again. Thanks for your reply. Now to see if they still have openings. It is a one day course.

Shelley I can’t believe that your mom gave them to you. That’s not good.
Hey getting old is better than the alternative!

Cheryl sweetie how are you doing? I miss you.

I went for an hour walk this morning and I am headed out to the dollar store. It will be another 50 minute walk.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:27 PM   #20  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

S/C/G: 202/See Ticker/130

Height: 5"6

I have been walking home from school everydaya nd its like 40 minutes , and I live in a town called spring hill so yeah theres hills, everywhere
Old 09-14-2006, 03:39 PM   #21  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

Today in class I won some kind of contest and I was awarded 2 mini snickers. I didnt want to look werid and not accept it so I did , then I just put in my bag. Not that I didnt serisouly think about eating it but then I though of my anti-brownie and I gave one to my friend and one to this guy I kinda like , he was like really? cool thanks! and smile haha good move amy!

Last edited by vouge09; 09-14-2006 at 03:39 PM. Reason: double post sorry
Old 09-14-2006, 07:34 PM   #22  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Gayle ~ Ouch! I hope you're feeling better by now, but I have to ask how you did it...sounds like it will be a good story.

Dee ~ Why is it that we have such a hard time taking our own advice?

vouge ~ That is some awesome willpower! I don't think I could give away chocolate...good for you!

Hmmm...how about Floozie Fitness Friday for tomorrow? Get out and do something tomorrow! Walk, jog, ride a bike, follow an exercise DVD or even take a belly dance class...just get out and move for at least 30 minutes!
Old 09-14-2006, 11:05 PM   #23  
Losing it!

Did great with think first Thursday! I stayed OP all day, made sure I watched portion size etc. Priming up for Fitness Friday!

Vouge, great choice with the mini bars! Sounds like your also getting your exercise in with the walk to school.

Suzy, I like your new pic! Not as cute as you though, but it is very cheerful.

Dee, were you able to get signed up for the class?

Okay, about the ear...I am such a klutz! I was under our desk working on the computer. I raised up and was getting off my knees from the floor and was going to stand. Instead of just getting up or grabbing the desk, I reached over and put my weight on the office chair. It is on rollers, and since I grabbed one side, it toppled over on its side with my full weight against it. I came smashing down onto the section of the desk that holds the keyboard (trimmed in metal). See, I told you it was silly and you would never guess how I did it! I should of had a stitch or two, but chose not to. Steve is taking care of it for me since most of the damage is to the back of the ear. He is quite the doctor, very considerate to this little chicken.
Old 09-15-2006, 04:39 AM   #24  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Woah! That is some wierd accident

I missed Think first Thursday for some reason! Great title though! Today is my scheduled rest day, so I might have think first Friday - tomorrow I will be getting PLENTY of fitness in! I have a 9.5 miles run, 1 hour kickboxing teaching and then a run-through of my brown belt. Should be... interesting!
Old 09-15-2006, 05:33 AM   #25  

Gayle! Poor baby, OUCH!! I hope it's better today.

Vogue-Good for you, staying on track!

2Frustrated-I missed Thursday also, but I did think before I ate anyway!

Suzy-I won't be able to exercise today, since I work all day into the early evening, but I am signed up to get a pedometer at school to measure how many steps I take everyday (it's not many, since I sit at a desk.)
Old 09-15-2006, 09:14 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

I changed my ticker/profile. I'm so excited, down to 141.5 this morning!!! I guess giving up wine for September is working!!
Old 09-15-2006, 09:32 AM   #27  
Losing it!

GREAT JOB ALLISON! You are so close to goal!
Old 09-15-2006, 11:02 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Thanks , Gayle--I hope your ear heals quickly. It was quite the visual!! I'm sure it is painful, but I got a chuckle out of the story. Kind of reminds me of the time a friend dropped her curling iron one morning--onto her open eye. She ended up in Emergency and was in quite a lot of pain for several days--but her story (albeit painful) was one of the funniest things I've heard. Why is that? Perhaps some of us are blessed with a gift for story telling.

The weather here has cooled down, so I'm looking forward to walking tomorrow morning (before it heats back up). Maybe I'll drop another half pound by Sunday.
Old 09-15-2006, 02:28 PM   #29  

Gayle thanks for sharing that painful story. I hope that you recover with a lot of tender loving care. You might as well milk it for all it's worth, you deserve a little extra pampering from Steve.

Allison great job on dropping those pounds. Did you find Suzy's daily motivations helpful? I know that it got me going again.

vouge how long have you been walking back and forth to school? That's a good distance. Way to go on giving the chocolate away. I am not sure if I would have.

Shelley you might be surprised at how many miles you put on in a day. Even if you don't do much today I am sure that you will make up it on the weekend.

This morning I had a designer down from Costco. We were looking to order shades for the garden room. We ordered a roller screen in stone the same color as the table and the sofa for the garden room.
She loved the house. She said everything worked really well. She did give me some ideas on how to hang the valance in the living room and to change the flowers to hydrangeas.
I have already changed the valance and it made a big difference. I was never happy with the way it looked. Free advice is awesome.

I have been seriously talking to Larry about taking time off. It has been a slow process but I think that he might do it. I feel that his attitude at work has gone down and that is not a good thing for a senior person. I am sure that his coworkers have noticed. His memory has been affected and his patience. His face shows so much stress when he gets home. I can't believe how much he ages in a day. I am worried about him. I told him last night that I don't know how I would deal with the guilt if something were to happen to him. I feel that I haven't pushed the issue enough. Now to wait and see when and if he will really do it.
Old 09-15-2006, 02:52 PM   #30  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

Way to go allinell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frustrated , I really wish i had your will power when It comes to fitness, I want to so bad so I start out biking or jogging and a give in after 10 minutes. I feel like such a fat a$$ when I do that LOL.
And you do 9.5 miles 1 hour kickboxing and brown belt training!!! Claps fo you!!!How long did it take you to get to that point and how?( On the fitness part not necesarlly the brown belt as I know that takes some time. )

I walk home from school that way I look pretty for school and not sweaty and gross. I live in FL and it get HOTT!!! Last november it was 105 Degrees!!!!!!

If I go to walmart tomorw I am getting myself a scale ! I dont have one and I wonder if I can move my ticker!!!

Thanks to GGdean , SuzyMC , Dee light ( I feel like im making an oscar speech ) And shelly M and if I fogot anyone I want to thank them , too and the academy of motion pictures haha.

Gayle Can I call you Vangough?
Closed Thread