Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 10:20 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Arrow Weight Loss and Chit Chat #211

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site,

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 09-06-2006, 11:00 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Good morning, ladies,

Liz - wow, it's great that you have access to a free gym. I do WW, too. Once in awhile I try to count calories instead, but always come back to WW. I'm having a hard time right now, trying to stay OP. Why is it that sometimes it's almost a breeze and other times it's almost impossible? Anyway, once again, a big welcome to you!

Cristi - so is Jason ok? I feel it must not be too serious, or you would've shared that info with us, but still, I'm wondering how he is. My allergies are going crazy, too! And I have dark circles with mine - the worse the allergies, the worse the dark circles!

mkat - the Sonoma diet seems to be a very healthy one. Although I don't follow it, I do try to get the 10 power foods into my diet. I used to be an eBayer. I sold stuff there, and bought stuff, too. Hope you get the dvds you want! (ps - would you want to share a first name with us? If not, that's ok.)

Jen - YAY for 5 pounds down!! As for you losing 4 pounds this week, are you counting on losing water weight? You probably know this, but after the first couple of weeks, a loss of 1 1/2 - 2 pounds is a good loss. Anyway, you're doing great!

Sassy - glad your mil isn't TOO bad, lol. I try to be very nice to my son's fiance. It's easy, too, because she's a real sweetheart. YAY for the swimsuit fitting!! So does your DH do a good job at the grocery store? Neal usually messes up, no matter how short the list is. Once I sent him for Miracle Whip. One thing! And what does he come home with? Cool Whip! Sometimes I think he does this so I'll never send him back, lol.

Sue - if you see the fat fairy, swat her real good, ok? She's already been here in southern Indiana, and I'd rather she not come back! tee hee

Marti - glad you had the day off after all. How's your grandpa? I like your avatar - isn't it the one you had awhile back? You look young and slim in it. I'm jealous!!

Well, the kids did fine stayng last night, except for one thing. They didn't want to sleep in the guest room, so we let them have our king-sized bed. Neal and I slept in the twin beds. Wasn't too bad, but I have to say I'll be glad to sleep in my own bed tonight!

Gotta surf, then get busy here with some cleaning. Same ol', same ol'!
Old 09-06-2006, 11:27 AM   #3  

Height: 5'1"

Good Mornin' Gals & Dolls!!

Liz--Hello & Welcome! You mentioned your boss is at trial, do you work in a courthouse? Looking forward to reading more about you! If you haven't already, fill out a bio page.

Sassy--Fantastic w/the suit fitting!! I don't own a suit and probably never will. Just never like how I feel in one....even if it does fit. (I need to get over that)

Sue--Don't worry....you'll get down to where you want to be. My weight has been climbing rather than sliding the last few months.....I'm trying to stay positive though and hoping for a loss soon.

Jen--5lbs lost is great!! You're so right about applying yourself. I just seen we're the same age, 35. I'm just WAY shorter than you! Keep up the good work and send some of your motivation my way!

Mkat--I read in your bio that your name is Judith. Would it be ok if we called you that (or Judy) or do you prefer Mkat?? Let us know how you like the DVD's once you get them. BTW...what is turbojam?

Cristi--I sure hope Jason is ok. Wasn't he feeling bad last week?? I hope it's nothing serious. Keeping him in my thoughts. Let us know if he starts feeling better!

Jules--Hope your PC starts working for ya soon. Miss reading your post. I know all about computer issues. Drives me batty.

Norma--2 hrs to mow your front lawn? Wow! Thats a huge yard. Do you have a riding lawnmower I hope?? Be careful working so hard outdoors....especially when it's really hot out. Heat exhaustion can really take a toll on a person.

Jane--Grandpa is doing well as can be. I believe he's bored out of his mind though. He just doesn't have the strenght yet to do what he wants. This weekend he and a friend are driving to Seattle to my uncles to go watch a baseball game. This is something he's been looking forward to. As for the advatar...yeah...same one I had up not too long ago. It was taken only a year ago. And I was MUCH lighter then. So....I'm kind of using that as a goal photo that I have to see each time I log in. (even though I want to lose more weight than that)

Ok...I believe I caught up! Imagine that. Now, I need to get my self moving and get ready for work.

You all have a great day!
Old 09-06-2006, 04:18 PM   #4  
On A Mission

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140

Height: 5ft 3in

Sue, wow busy busy. sounds like fun though

Liz, I rode for years. Rode flag detail in a few rodeo grand entry ceremonies even. but time and kids and career changes came along. We are going to be taking my oldest to a saddle club for kids with special needs in the spring {the waiting list is that long, we've been on it for two years} and I can't wait to see her face..

Jane, thought I put my name in my sig. Going to fix that later it's judith. You can keep the fat fairy down in your neck of the woods though. I'm sure she'll be in the area next weekend when my AP mom's group has our picnic over in Bloomington. I am considering not even weighing in until the 21st or so after that. Just because it's all natural foods and range raised meats and poultry doesn't keep it from going straight to the hips and tummy, sadly enough

Marti, I prefer Judith... TurboJam is/reported here on 3FC as the ultimate minimal-floortime cardio & ab series out there.

had a total binge last night. Stress got the better of me and I had the better part of a medium sized bag of lays with steak sauce dip. Felt horrid about it but today is a new day and I am not going to let one mistake ruin things.

Somebunny hit a skunk on the street out front. Stinks very much bad Going to go hide out with a good book while the kids take their after-school nap. BBL
Old 09-06-2006, 05:11 PM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hiya Chickies!

Going to make this a fast one...spent too much time on other things. Really need to come here first I think so I make sure and get to everyone.

JANE...Jason is fine now, I think. He called me earlier and said he shouldn't have eaten late last night because he felt like his stomach was starting again. They thought it was food poisioning but then not sure. Gave him some medicine and sent him home. He said it feels like the same pain when he had gallstones. I heard from a lot of people that they still have the same pain from him they had them too but they don't have their gallbladder anymore. I told him he needs to go see his physician to see what he says and can do. Glad you had a nice time with DGD...bet they are so much fun.

MARTI...see above about Jason. He is fine for now. He still had some medicine from the ER visit so we'll see. Glad to hear your grandpa is fine and hope you and James had a nice day together.

SASSY...YAY! for the bathing suit fitting! I haven't gotten in one in a few years. I have been wanting to get a new one and go to the pool here just haven't yet.

JEN...WTG on the five pounds! That is a great loss!

JUDITH...we had a skunk in the back one morning. We have a fence but seem to get one every now and then in the field out back. I was headed out to water the lawn about 6 a.m. and smelled it thinking it was close. Well, it was...about 30 feet behind the neighbors fence. I was afraid to go out there and wouldn't let the dog out either. Definitely don't want to get sprayed by one of them, ick!

Hi to everyone else

Busy day again...went for my walk this morning as usual. Then had to go pay Josh's car payment. Came home for about 15 mns. and went to exercise. I've been getting a good 35-40 mn. workout there the last few days-feels good. Came home and then took Ernie to the park for a walk...that dog loves his walks but tires out really fast. He's going to be 11 this month. Anyway, came home cleaned and then started a load of laundry that just finished and is beeping. So need to go get it in the dryer before it drives me crazy. Heck, I'm already crazy...and that was my day in a nut shell. Actually, I need to go work on the dead spot in the back yard and then cook dinner then I can sit and relax.

Take care ladies and I hope everyone is enjoying their day!
Old 09-06-2006, 07:08 PM   #6  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

I've been updating the birthday thread. Lots of new names to add.

Marti - I can see why your grandpa would get frustrating when he doesn't have strength to do what he wants. My fingers lock up, and I can't write very long. Grrrr! So I can just imagine what he's going through. I weigh more than I did last year, too, Marti, and I'm not going to hide it anymore. From now on, I'm going to share my photos here. Anyone who cares about me won't care how big I am, and anyone who does mind it can go to a different thread! How's that for attitude?? You really are a lovely lady, whatever size you are. And your DD is just as pretty.

Judith - glad to have another Hoosier here. Are you enjoying the weather we're having? AHHHH, I'm loving it! I see dead skunks on the road, as well as other animals, often since I live in the country. No matter what it is, it makes me sad. I'm a softie. Well, the binge is history, and I'm glad to see you're going to treat it that way, hon.

Cristina - I absolutely love your new avatar!! How appropriate, since your brave son is protecting our nation. Yes, Missy, you'd better start posting here first, lol. Your activity level is shaming me. I'm spending waaaaay too much time doing sit-down work. Or loafing. My foot is acting up again, so I'm doing shorter times on the treadmill, as per the doc's orders. I hope Jason gets his belly troubles figured out. Maybe he's lactose intolerant, or something. Let us know how he is, ok?

Hello to Angie, Norma, Tiffany, Julie, Ifonly, MaryKate, Kathy, Michelle, Nixxie, Liz, Jen, Robin, Sassy, Sue, Alex, Angiepants, and anyone else I may have missed.

I've been taking care of some paperwork. For the life of me, I couldn't find the hotel confirmation for when I'm going to Chicago later this month. You know me - I'm anal about papers and such, so I can't imagine how it got off the desk. Neal lets the DGDs shred papers, and I suspect it's confetti by now, lol. I'm going to have to have a talk with that man, lol. This time, the paper is FILED away in a folder. Btw, Mary can't go with me afterall, so Neal and I will be taking the train up.

All Jaded Ladies - for anyone who missed the thread, some of us are going to do a scrapbook page to exchange with other Jaded Ladies who are interested in exchanging them. Won't you join us? I am not very good at it at all, but think it would be fun. Check out the thread, ok?
Old 09-07-2006, 01:29 AM   #7  
On A Mission

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140

Height: 5ft 3in

Jane- I'm having fun with this weather Most of my work is done for this week so I'm taking the kids to the park tomorrow... provided my 7 y/o is feeling better. It's 1:30 and she's still up. I sense someone is not going to be doing the school thing tomorrow. Which will make her first absence and only the second month of school...
Old 09-07-2006, 03:24 AM   #8  
Picker and a Grinner

S/C/G: 132kg/128/75

Height: 173cm

sorry it has been so long since I checked in. I have been sooooooo busy. I am in the middle of a praktik(internship), plus going to school, plus just the daily life things that I haven't had time for anything.

Feeling better about myself only lost 1 kilo(little over 2 pounds) but still, for some reason it shows in how I carry myself.

Have you ever noticed that when you start losing you start doing other things like, taking your makeup off at night, or doing facials, ...things that you normally wouldn't do?

Hope everyone is doing great!

I will try and check in over the weekend.

Old 09-07-2006, 09:01 AM   #9  
GmaTo8

Hi Ladies,

Judith - I hope your little one is feeling much better today. Fun at the park sounds delightful!

Nixxie - wow, you're a busy gal. Yes, I can totally relate to how losing makes us feel better about ourselves. I know I walk taller, and take better general care of myself when losing. Must be a self-esteem issue, right?

Well, here it is Thursday, and I don't even have my menus made out, much less a grocery list! And since I'm having company on Saturday, I'd better get on the stick! I have my Body, Mind and Spirit meeting later today, and I need to stop by the orchard again for apples. Other than that, not much on the agenda.

What're your plans for the day?
Old 09-07-2006, 01:40 PM   #10  
Liz, Dressage Queen

S/C/G: 160/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Talking

Good afternoon, all.

Marti, My boss is an attorney. The firm we work with is in Washington, D.C., but he practices in VA and MD, as well. He will be VA today.

I have piles of filing and just general office stuff to do, but my heart is not in it. I fiddled around all morning, went to the gym, ate my lunch, and now roving here to use up some more time.

MKAT, I'm sure your daughter will thoroughly enjoy the horses. The place I used to ride had the Maryland Theraputic people come several times a week and use the horses at the barn. Those kids' faces just lit up while riding. They had such a great time.

Jane, If the photos DD and I take on Sunday come out, and she helps me, I will see if I can get some of the photos on the scrapbook page (when it makes its debut)!

DD and I are working ourselves up to have a good time on Sunday and not worry about what the judge will say about our riding - right...... attitude is everything.

A few months ago I took a class on how to knit socks. I know, why knit, when one can go to Target and buy them? I thought the same thing, but the challenge of it all intrigued me. I got through the class, although I believe I was the remedial student of all time. I have now knitted one knee sock with a lace pattern and actually finished it without a hitch. I'm working on the second one now and so far, no problems with it. It's just those four darned double-pointed needles. When I first started, I realized it was a good thing that I wore glasses. I thought for sure I was going to poke my darned eyes out! I bought some more yarn today (online; gotta love that) and am perusing my book o' socks for a new pattern. I am such a glutton for punishment.

Better go now; maybe I'll have the wherewithal to do the work I'm supposed to do. NOT!
Old 09-07-2006, 05:13 PM   #11  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies and a Happy Thursday to All!

Pretty quiet around here...

Well, I didn't get any exercise in today. Did the grocery shopping, ran to the scarpbook store, the library to return some books, and had a roll a film developed. Trying to get a load of laundry done now while I get some computer time in. Anyway, will go exercise tomorrow and Saturday. I usually take Thursday off anyway just got in the habit of exercising and it seems weird to miss a day.

JANE...I thought the avatar was too cute to pass up. I have been looking for an army one but can't find what I am looking for. Came across this one and thought it was too cute to pass up. Hope you Spirit meeting went well. I would love to find something like that around here. I forgot you were going to Chicago this month, sounds like a great girls get-away! Oops! Just went back and reread that Mary isn't going with you after all. Well, it will be a great couples get-away...something I think me and V need desperately. Seems like every time we plan something, something comes up and we don't go. Going to have to make it a priority I think. And if he cant get away then I think I will just have to, lol!

JUDITH...hope your DD is feeling better today and you guys got to go to the park. We are having some nice, cool weather-it's just too nice to stay indoors, allergies or no allergies. I'll just have to deal with them.

NIXXIE...WTG on the loss! I think it is all about the attitude! I think knowing that you have lost gives you a good feeling in general about yourself. I put on a pair of pants I haven't worn in a while and was surprised at how they fit. I haven't lost much weight but the inches are coming off and it's a good feeling when you actually feel and notice it. I know I have been walking tall all day, lol! Sounds like you are one busy lady!

LIZ...I've always wanted to learn how to knit and crochet...just never got around to it. They say it is a big stress reliever so I really should be learning! WTG on the socks, it's a start. Happy riding on Sunday, and what a great attitude to have!

Hi to everyone else wherever you are Hope you can get in and post soon as we miss you ladies when you don't!

Well, I am going to go look up a couple of things really fast and then go watch Jeopardy and the news before starting dinner. It's just me and DD tonight so we may just go get a sandwich from subway. Normally when it's just me and her we have breakfast-sausage and oatmeal is our fav!

Take care ladies and I hope everyone is having a TERRIFIC Thursday!
Old 09-07-2006, 11:32 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 273/248.5/160

Height: 5 Ft. 6 In.

Hi Ladies: Just a short note since this is my 5 week anniversary. I have stayed at or below my calorie total but I didn't lose a pound. I weigh exactly the same as last week. I do have a NSV though, I have another 3 1/2 inches off my body for a total of 9 1/2 inches gone. I've been moving more but not enough to explain the inches lost. I guess that's better than a gain on the scale.

Marti: We only have 5 acres and my DH mows it with the riding mower, but the front yard has all my flower beds and rose garden and I won't let him do it. I prefer not to have grass clippings or seed thrown into my beds. Besides, it's good exercise and I love working outside. I just don't do as well in the heat of the summer.

There are so many new ladies. I need to get to know you all better. As Jane has said before, please join us on the scrapbook and journal thread. You might get a kick out of it!

Cristina:I'm so glad to hear about Jason. He is in my nightly prayers.

Norma
Old 09-08-2006, 07:26 AM   #13  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Morning Ladies.

Thanks for all the great support!

Well this morning was my 1st day to the Y. It depressed me because I couldn't do a whole lot. I walked around the track, tried some machines but they just put me in a lot of pain. I tried the stationary bike that you lean back in, know what I mean? Not the standard ones, and it about killed me.....then there was these two machines that are kind of like the gazelle on tv except not? Anyways. I did what I could, which wasn't much, but like hub says, we just have to keep trying. Monday we have appts to get set up on the computerized nautlaus machines, which I think will help us both a lot.......(or at least I hope) But I did weigh myself in the locker room, BIG mistake. It totally freaked me out when I saw the number and I slide the thing all the way over and jumped off (it was one of those scales like they have at the drs)...........How can a # totally freak out a full grown woman??????

I am going to reweigh myself when I go again, just to make sure its right, because I kinda did it in a hurry. lollllllll.

I made it to the car when I totally broke down. I just felt like such a failure because I couldn't do that much. Then I came home and some more and now I feel better. I talked to hub and he said, "hey at least we went and walked around a bit, tried out a few machines instead of just coming straight home and crashing on the couch." Which I guess is true.

Also lastnight @ dinner time we ordered chinese. Well I don't know about your Chinese places, but here, they give you A LOT of food! Infact it was so much, it fed 4 people!!!!!!!!!! (no joke!) I ate only a teeny tiny bit and then passed it on to the guys at work. (human garbage disposals!) lol. I just think its amazing how big portions are at restaurants!!!!!

Anyways that was my night & morning. I am tired and achy now.................But I did it! and to be honest I didn't want to go at first. I was soooooooo afraid of people going to be staring at me but nobody did! Infact everybody was really nice. Once I got in there and changed and got going, I thought, "hey I'm big, but at least I'm here, trying to do something about it and not sitting on the couch eating."

Well have a great Day!
Old 09-08-2006, 10:48 AM   #14  
GmaTo8

Good morning, ladies - TGIF!!

Liz - the scrapbook pages we're doing are real ones that we'll be mailing to each other. Won't you join us in this project? I'd love to have a page from every JL. Wow, I'm impressed with your knitting. I tried it once years ago, and instead of relaxing me, it totally stressed me out. Needless to say, I didn't get far, lol. Btw, have fun Sunday, and good luck!!

Cristi - Neal and I are looking forward to going to Chicago. He and I need to do more together, too. You'd think now that he's retired (well, semi-retired) that I'd get tired of seeing him, but he's outside most of the time when he is here. Winter will be a different story. About the meeting, you could start your own at home. I did that before, years ago. I invited some friends over for a bookclub, actually, but we talked about stuff in our lives much more that the books, lol. About pictures, I stopped by the digital picture machine in Walmart yesterday, but there was a line for it, so I'll have to go back.

Norma - a bit YAY for your NSV!!

Sassy - well, your hubby is right, hon. At least you went, and that's a big step! Now you know what's what, and it will be easier to go back. The one machine you mentioned is called an elliptical bike, or maybe a recumbent bike. Supposed to be easier on your joints. I have one of those scales with the weights, and call it the Iron Monster, lol.

Hello to eveyone else reading this.

Mary got the results from the twins' cystic fibrosis tests. Neither child has it, thank God. But Makenzie is a carrier. I think the thing she'll have to be careful of is having children with someone else who is a carrier. Mary knows more about it than I do. But I am just so relieved that neither child has it!

Today I'll be making soup for company tomorrow. Sausage bean chowder and Amish chicken noodle. Plus desserts, which we won't go there. The company consists of my nephew who's also my Godchild, Ed, plus his family of a sweet wife and 3 DDs, and then also my nephew Joe. He has 2 teens who don't want to come - they have other plans, lol. Well, the one has to work. Anyway, I know we'll have lots of fun, and I'm glad I can get most of the work done today so I'll be less tired tomorrow when they get here.

Have a good Friday, ladies!
Old 09-08-2006, 11:31 AM   #15  

Height: 5'1"

Friday.

Well it's about time don't ya think?

This week seemed like one of the LONGEST weeks ever! And I don't know why.

Judith--Ohh...so that's what turbojam is. Hope your 7yr old feels better. My DD just started school this week. She's been looking forward to it all summer it seems. Just rented her intrument for band class yesterday. She's playing Alto Clarinet. Any of your kids involved in band or choir?

Cristi--It's not his appendix is it? My sister had her gallbladder removed a couple months ago. She told the doctors that she wanted to see it and take it home. What?! But I guess she wanted to make sure there were actually stones in there. I think I would just take the doctors word for it. (silly girl)

Jane--What a nice compliment. I don't feel like I look like a lovely lady, but it's sure nice to hear. What a relief it must be to get the good news about the girls. I'm so happy they both don't have it! Have fun at the company you're making soup for! I've never had sausage bean chowder....sounds good.

Nixxie--Congrats on the 2lbs lost! Losing weight does put a smile on a face. Puts a dance in your step, does a lot. So I can totally relate to losing weight and doing things to make yourself look and feel better. Everytime I get w/in a 10lbs range of my goal weight, I go and get a hair cut.

Liz--Socks seem like they would be difficult to knit. My DD has the knitting ring and makes scarves for family. Even that looks difficult, but I guess is she can do it....I should be able to?? Hope you join us on the scrapbooking exchange.

Norma--What an amazing NSV!!! I think inches lost make a better impact than weight lost. You're doing amazing!

Sassy--I agree w/hubby. Just keep going and work on it and you will see a difference as time goes by. And I also think that getting a good cry out is good too. Helps release any stress built up. Just take it easy when you go and you'll be fine! Hugs to you.

Hello to anyone I may have missed.

I need to get moving. You all have a great day!
Closed Thread