Old 09-13-2006, 07:48 PM   #121  
Staying Positive!

S/C/G: 398/258/199

Height: 5'3"

Hello ladies- i am also just stopping in. I am so tired today and plan on getting in some great workouts this weekend etc. I hope everyone has had a great day! For me I am staying OP and I like being back in school because it keeps me busy etc. Anyway have a nice night ladies I need to go and cook and clean...oh the joys
rkrs6673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 07:58 PM   #122  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

okay here i go if understand correct it takes 940miles to get from my house to my in-laws in new orleans
so if i do 2miles a day then it will take me 470days to get there thats like 15months
good googly moogly okay mel i think im going to tweak it like mel said if i do a mile then ill take off a mile
also when i do kickboxing the calories amount that i burn will determine how many miles that will make it and each day i will increase what i did to challenge myself tomorrow will be day one
miafluker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 08:23 PM   #123  
I can do it this time.

OK girls, I need some help! I'm going to try and get ontop of my weight loss journey. I'm making something right now to throw ontop of my fridge and probably one in my computer room at home that's going to be daily, weekly and monthly goals and then my reward chart for hitting my hot points (every 20lbs lost i'm going to reward myself)

I need some help with goals. my head hurts right now and I cant think. Right now for weekly I have excersize everyday, and for daily I have drink 100 ounces of water daily, eat all three meals a day expecially breakfast ( i tend to skip it) to aim for losing 2lbs a week.

What are some of your daily, weekly, monthly goals?
lovethatsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 09:21 PM   #124  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

you are totally on track, just expand from there, how many miles do you want to exercise this month? Or how many days in a month do you want to exercise, How many pounds per month...8? Or would you rather do inches lost monthly. The other thing you can do is go for points. Did you see the point challenge? Work one out for yourself and then go for X amount of points for the month. Daily...girl just take it one day at a time! But most of all dont forget to reward yourself! Non food rewards!

I overate dinner tonight and I feel so gross right now!!! How do we do that night after night? This feeling alone is enough to change my evil ways!! Ugh!! Portion control is a good thing!!

Have a lovely evening!

~melissa
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 09:23 PM   #125  
Melissa

Dont forget to put motivational quotes on your fridge too! Like....nothing tastes as good as fit and healthy feels!, Nothing is worth giving up my goals for! I'm worth all the hard work!! Stuff like that!

~melissa
Old 09-14-2006, 07:13 AM   #126  

Smile

Good Morning Ladies!!!!

Just wanted to say hi before I get rolling with my day! I hope you all have a wonderful and successful day!
AquaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:05 AM   #127  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post
you are totally on track, just expand from there, how many miles do you want to exercise this month? Or how many days in a month do you want to exercise, How many pounds per month...8? Or would you rather do inches lost monthly. The other thing you can do is go for points. Did you see the point challenge? Work one out for yourself and then go for X amount of points for the month. Daily...girl just take it one day at a time! But most of all dont forget to reward yourself! Non food rewards!

I overate dinner tonight and I feel so gross right now!!! How do we do that night after night? This feeling alone is enough to change my evil ways!! Ugh!! Portion control is a good thing!!

Have a lovely evening!

~melissa
mel i was reading something yesterday and it said when we skip breakfast it makes up hungry more later, so then we over eat at dinner which is worst because we dont use as much carbs then when the next breakfast we arent hungry because we ate alot the past dinner i hope im making since get some carnation instant breakfast its pretty good especially warm and it has protien and dairy plus it dosent cost as much as the protein shakes
Old 09-14-2006, 08:56 AM   #128  
Melissa

Breakfast is a habit that got instilled in me way back in the slimfast days. Thats why I loved that plan so much because even if I was in a rush I could always just grab my shake and go. Yesterday for breakfast I had a shake and a bowl of cantelope. I think what caused my overeating yesterday was that my lunch had very very little protein. And I didnt have my big salad before dinner too so I was HUNGRY! There was a time when i didnt realize the importance of that protein. But it sure proved its point to me yesterday.

Whew where is this morning going? Gotta get the first daughter out the door! This afternoon we have dentist appointments and tonight is open house at both the girls' schools but since I'm PTA pres. at one I gotta be there the entire night to recruit parents. Plus survivor starts tonight!!! Does ER as well? I gotta check on that!! Lets not forget homework too! Have a wonderful day everyone! I'll be back later to check on you!
Old 09-14-2006, 09:36 AM   #129  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Good Morning Ladies,
Things are pretty slow here. I have not been on plan here this week. The plummer is finally finished THanks God. No more shutting off the water. My Son I think is pretty much decided that he is going to his mom to stay for a while. Thank God on that one so with both of my problems finally done I can get on track and kicking some butt on exercise. I cant wait to have the housae all to my self from 8 am to 3 pm boy will I be back in heaven. I can do what I want and when I want. I know this my sound bad But I feel more comfortable working out in my livivng room with my shorts and my sports Bra most off the time. I feel that if Iam sweating that is all that matters and the clothes wont cling to me and make me feel uncomfortable. Thats jest my opion.
I see that since I have been on the side lines you ladies have done alot of chatting I havnt been able to get on too much still trying to get my Programs switched over to the new computer.. By the way I love it . I am jest having trouble doing my family tree program I have to goin and type all the info for the 3000 people I currently have in their. I will stop with the borning things . will be back in progress in no time.
Butterfly50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:36 AM   #130  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Mia - When I don't eat breakfast, I'm starving for the rest of the day. I overeat at lunch and dinner. Since I don't have much of an appetite in the mornings anymore, I have to make myself eat. Usually a piece of sausage and some berries. Or sausage and an egg. Or, like this morning, 25 almonds. The weird thing is that I'm always hungry around morning snack time (10 or 10:15). Even when I've had breakfast. It's like it takes my body until then to work up a decent hunger.
I'm sorry I wasn't much help with they elliptical. Does it tell you what speed you're going while you're on it?

Melissa - You're so busy that I never want you to miss breakfast!
Just put last night behind you. Chalk it up to a lesson learned and move past it. You're still doing a great job. Keep it up, chicky!!

Aqua - Good morning lady!!

Sara - Try getting in two healthy snacks as well. They can be small. It will keep your metabolism going and keep you from overeating due to hunger at your next meal.

I feel a little better today. I still have a bit of that nastiness in the back of my throat though. I'd better not go the hot toddy route again. I had a hard time getting up this morning. I couldn't drag myself out of I'm sure it didn't help that I took some sinus meds too. I know I'm not supposed to do that...

A friend of mine mixing me up a batch of essential oils to send to me. She swears by it. Isn't that sweet of her. I have another friend who eats and onion by itselfs raw and makes ginger root tea. I'll do anything to avoid sinus meds because they dry me out horrilby and make me sleepy. Even the non-drowsy stuff.

Well duty calls. BBL!
Amany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:00 AM   #131  
Melissa

Amanda...I get hungry earlier too its because eating breakfast gets your metabolism going which is another reason not to skip it! It really is the most important meal of the day! I hope you are feeling much much much better today! We dont need another sickie!! *HINT HINT DANIELLE*! LOL!!

Bonnie...so things are going back to normal and you can get back to business!! I dont think it matters a bit what you wear to workout just so you do it!! I hope you get your house back soon! I know I love my quiet times of day where everyone is still sleeping or at work and school!

Aqua....Good morning sunshine!!!!

Hey I'm gonna do a fall challenge if anyone wants to do it with me. Nothing drastic and its a weight lost challenge. Where you make a tree and some leaves and you take a leaf off the tree for every pound lost. The first day of fall is September 23rd..next saturday so thats when I'm starting and fall is about 13 weeks long. Anyway, I'll get mine built and take a picture and post it so you can see what I mean. You can decorate for fall and challenge yourself!

have a good one!

~melissa
Old 09-14-2006, 10:58 AM   #132  

S/C/G: 189/175/125

Height: 5'5"

HELLO FROM NO MAN'S LAND!

I've been terrible about posting this week. Up until today I had the great pleasure of working from the computer in my office that is still a dial-up connection. Yes, my boss is 9007 and doesn't understand the beauty of hi-techedness. Okay, so that's not a word.

Anywho, I've been keeping up on all the posts and all I have to say is that no one talked about the greatest FOL moment of last weekend....

Buckwild: "I just paid $30K to get my A#$ out of prison and I'm on probation. I ain't goin' back to prison for no one!"

I don't think I've ever laughed that hard in my entire life! My roommate and I were on the floor!

Anywho, it seems like everyone is doing great! Which is fantastic!

I have to get back to my crummy job, but everyone have a fabulous day and I'll check in later!

Liz
iwantnewpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:41 AM   #133  
I believe in miracles

S/C/G: 212/212/130

Height: 5'1

GoodMorning :cofdate:

Iwantnewpants: You've got me quacking up about Buckwild, she is so country! Tell your boss he needs to get with the program and get some new stuff. How does he expect you to work effectionately under those conditions. lol

Bonnie: I'm glad all that plumbing is over for you. I bet you can't wait to start jumping around and sweating those pounds away. You were going so strong not long ago, you were a machine. Bring it on girly!

Melissa: The fall challenge sounds neat. Of course I don't know how I'm going to make this tree. I'll wait and see yours. You are so involved with your kids and their school, I applaud you for that. I thinks that is just wonderful.

Aqua: Good Morning lady, How are you today?

Hello Amanda, Sara, Danielle, Mia, and Kenya.

Everyone is setting great goals and milestones. Love this. I got my 8.6 miles in last night and some strength training. I was shooting for 10 but didn't succeed. I try again tonight.

Gotta Go Baby is running a fever of 101.4. Doctor wants to see her. Someone passed a flue buggggggggggggggg! She doesn't even a cough or sniffle though. We'll see. BBL
sapphire35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:59 AM   #134  

yes mine has the distance and i have a pedometer my problem with breafast is that i normally have coffee then dont eat until like 10 or 11, also i get up kinda late because im fortunate enough to have a baby that sleep during the night and dont wake until 10am but anyways i read that you should set and alarm clock so thats what im trying to do this morning i had an potatoe omlet made with 1egg,1egg white and the diced up frozen hashbrown and made a omlett out of it it was pretty good plus that means i had my protien and carb for the morning im trying to follow this body for life diet it seems really doable here is the site i know i cant give the link
just put the . before the com im not ding the acutal challenge that you sign up for im just using the info to do my own challenge it has alot of great info
bodyforlife com/challenge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amany View Post
Mia - When I don't eat breakfast, I'm starving for the rest of the day. I overeat at lunch and dinner. Since I don't have much of an appetite in the mornings anymore, I have to make myself eat. Usually a piece of sausage and some berries. Or sausage and an egg. Or, like this morning, 25 almonds. The weird thing is that I'm always hungry around morning snack time (10 or 10:15). Even when I've had breakfast. It's like it takes my body until then to work up a decent hunger.
I'm sorry I wasn't much help with they elliptical. Does it tell you what speed you're going while you're on it?

Melissa - You're so busy that I never want you to miss breakfast!
Just put last night behind you. Chalk it up to a lesson learned and move past it. You're still doing a great job. Keep it up, chicky!!

Aqua - Good morning lady!!

Sara - Try getting in two healthy snacks as well. They can be small. It will keep your metabolism going and keep you from overeating due to hunger at your next meal.

I feel a little better today. I still have a bit of that nastiness in the back of my throat though. I'd better not go the hot toddy route again. I had a hard time getting up this morning. I couldn't drag myself out of I'm sure it didn't help that I took some sinus meds too. I know I'm not supposed to do that...

A friend of mine mixing me up a batch of essential oils to send to me. She swears by it. Isn't that sweet of her. I have another friend who eats and onion by itselfs raw and makes ginger root tea. I'll do anything to avoid sinus meds because they dry me out horrilby and make me sleepy. Even the non-drowsy stuff.

Well duty calls. BBL!
Old 09-14-2006, 12:43 PM   #135  
I can do it this time.

Okay so last night I wanted to scream! I'm not sure if the littest things are bothering me because i've been pmsing or what. I came home from work all happy, I set new goals up and little rewards, for every daily goal i completed i was going to put in 10cent for every 25cents and for every monthly $1. At first he said when I showed him he said i was rewarding myself twice. Then said my rewards I wanted were too expensive and he should start a jar of his own. I told him for what? He said just because I was going to have one. Then percedes to go on this whole speal about how all my gifts were expensive and were on a budget and that I shouldnt have to reward myself for doing something i already should be doing the reward should be getting down to a healthy weight not all this stuff, pretty much what your saying is the only weigh you can lose weight is if you get stuff. I finally just said okay. I really didnt want to fight, I was happy before I got home. I ended up not putting up the new chart i made.

I hope you girls are doing good
lovethatsara is offline   Reply With Quote