Old 09-19-2006, 01:44 PM   #61  

Kiwonker, ppl do that b/c they want to have a drink and they think drinking alcohol while others are not is tabu. I hate that too, but most ppl know I'm really not much of a drinker and don't try to push it on me. I talk big, but I'm usually a one drink gal.

News flash - I'm feeling better today. May be because I've decided to start eating better. I know, I've decided that before, but who knows, this time it might stick.

Hope everybody else starts gettin' happy too.
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 05:43 PM   #62  

Thanks, Kiwi... your words were like a good hug or a strong kleenex!
Yeah, the Lily avatar is my own photoshop work... (plys a great lily that managed to grow inside a couple of years ago.)
I am logging my food and back on the nutritionist's regimen. Proglem is that means I have to face food (sensibly) five times a day. AAAAACK.
I have an hour between appointments to find something that doesn't use the rest of my alottment for the day because it is only 4 pm. I am definitely hungry.

DH did the niced things. I left my "lunch" on the table by the door when I left this morning. HE BROUGHT IT TO ME. I haven't had any bring me my lunch when I left it at home.. EVER. (I grew up across the street from my elementary school... so if I "forgot" I just went home and mom made fun of me the whole time. In Jr. High it was too far for mom to drive (she said... but then she totalled about 3 cars that I remember, so maybe it really was too far.) By highschool... I'd learned that CASH was queen.

I'm hungry. Maybe a sandwich full of veggies... especially if I don't eat it all at once.
TTFN.
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 09:12 PM   #63  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

hi gals---i was away for a few days--we had a provincial election that dh had to cover so ds and i went along for the free hotel room and the eating out---the town had a jazz and blues festival going on and the weather was sunny and 26 degrees the whole time----of course i was still watching the terrible coverage of the Montreal School shootings but it helped to be away from the daily grind. KIWI!!! i totally remember how you feel about your baby visiting and then LEAVING again---i still feel sad when dd comes home for a visit and then LEAVES again-----usually i cry for a bit. It's not just that they are away---it's just that it's the end of the ride that was their "childhood"----OH NO,I AM DEPRESSING MYSELF---THIS IS NOT HELP TO ANYONE!!!!----------- i think i am DEFintitely experiencing the ****ing menopause---the plague which was SO regular FORever is now stretching out over Weeeeeks and the NOT knowing when it will arrive has me in a state of permanent pms=============being away these last few days gave me a nice break from thinking about it,but now that i am home i am back in a mess-----it was good to read all the posts and see all the ****ing company i have========== I LOVE YOU GUYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Last edited by Bagzz; 09-19-2006 at 09:14 PM. Reason: edited to include the word "****"
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 01:06 PM   #64  

Aw Baggsz... It IS hard. Hope that you can review happy memories of Jazz festival and festivities on expense account-- and that the menopause will be short and easy.

Is anybody actually working hard on inches or weight loss? I could use a supporter. would be glad to divulge IM name by PM... so that if we're "on" we can give a shout out. Be well, y'all.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:14 PM   #65  
Member w/ messiest house

Can't really say I'm working hard on anything.

Although I did dust/scrub/clean/straighten a corner of the kitchen yesterday. Baby steps, you know.

DH is all frustrated with his new computer, which really really sucks, because not only is he spending practically 24 hours a day working on it, but he's intermittently p-o'ed at the world. And we have 3 computers on all the time in the same room. Sometimes you can feel a wave of heat when you come into the room. Today he yanked out the video board he had bought for it and went to return it in the big city. Well, better than storming around the house anyway; maybe the drive will cool him off.

Where is Schatzi? Wasn't she supposed to go away for the weekend and then report back? I have no memory. Maybe she was going away for longer.

Hi Bagz. Sounds like fun doing the "convention wife" thing--You know, he does the work, you have the fun. I remember hearing of the music festival going on. Cool.

Later chillins
Kiwi
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 06:50 PM   #66  

Painty, I'm actually working on weight loss. 2 days and counting. I think whatever needed to "click" finally did. All done w/ summer, all done w/ rodeo season, no excuses left. I don't IM here at work b/c I never know who is hanging over me, but I'd welcome private messages through 3fatchicks.

Bagzie, the mental pause is in full swing here. I never used to be able to figure out what the big deal was about it --- now I know. Hormonal craziness.... and chin hairs.

Geez. We went from hot summer one day, to nasty rainy yuck the next. It's been so cold here lately. Highs are only in the lower 60's. Brrrrr.

I ordered 2 new pairs of shoes from shoes.com. I hope they're on my doorstep when I get home. I could use the boost. Anyone watch In Her Shoes? Cute movie. One sister bought shoes any time she needed a pick me up -- they always fit, no matter what her weight was. I could definitely relate.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:18 PM   #67  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabby View Post
I never used to be able to figure out what the big deal was about it --- now I know. Hormonal craziness.... and chin hairs.
And weeping over chin hairs...

It's gotten pretty cool here too. Nice sunny days, but really cooling off toward evening. This has been one of the nicest Septembers ever. Wish I felt like doing something other than sleeping; but maybe I can pull myself up with my own bootstraps (it certainly feels like I'm standing on my motivation...)

Who's got something cheery to share? Goofy photos perhaps? I'll go rummage.

Kiwi
Old 09-20-2006, 07:31 PM   #68  
Member w/ messiest house

I think this is pretty funny. It's my nephew. He's not really the devil.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 06_0823_140crop.jpg (32.1 KB, 23 views)
Old 09-20-2006, 10:16 PM   #69  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

oh my geeawd!!!! that baby is sooooooooo cute!!! what a sweet grin!!!
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 08:25 AM   #70  

And he doesn't have any chin hairs!

he heeeee! I am back from Asheville...which by the way I fell in love with! BUT I must share the details a little later... since we got back DH has been in a tizzy about finding land to build on..and we have been out at the crack of dawn and returning late from our hunt... Today we are meeting a realtor on 10 acres that looks real nice... I Vill be back to share all the details!

Till then:

Kiwi, you, Git offa yer boot straps !

Wabby, go shave yer chin!

Bagzzzz putta a smile on that mug, you may have a margie to help you do so!

Sug , git that laundry done so you can come back to play!

Painty, continue to munch carrots and make somethin purty with paintshop when you want some chocolate!

Gotta fill up my tank DH is Land Ogre is yelling at me to get ready!
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 12:08 PM   #71  

Schatzi, I hope you find the property of your dreams..... ......and you don't have to worry about my chin hairs. I patrol them w/ tweezers every morning.

Kiwi, the nephew looks like an angel, not a devil. Look at that grin.

My old doggie is not doing very well. He mostly sleeps and he's having problems with his left shoulder joint. This is why I swear we won't get any more dogs. It's just too hard when the inevitable happens.

It's going to be a long day.... guys are out of the shop and the weather is gray. bleeeeh.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:47 PM   #72  
Member w/ messiest house

Sorry to hear about old doggy, Wab. I know the feeling. It's discouraging.

But now I'm practicing amnesia because I have a young wild funny dog who certainly thinks she will live forever. I had to stitch up her baby toy, a pink squeeky stuffed elephant, because she tore an ear off tugging on it, and she has figured out that if she pokes me with it on the arm while I'm on the computer, I have no choice but to stop what I'm doing. Fortunately a little playing does the trick and now I can type real words while she chews on something in the other room. Maybe I'd better go see what.

Good luck with the land hunt, Schatzi. Come back soon and tell us all about Asheville.

Kiwi
Old 09-21-2006, 04:59 PM   #73  
fatter than U

Cool Wheeee.

Chin hairs - ewwww! And I'm talking about mine! And the age spots! I gotta get me some of that Hormocenta fade cream or something.

Well, now I know what the sweating and exhaustion was all about - came down with a giant head cold in the middle of the night complete with killer sore throat. Sore throat is gone now but sniffles remain. Nice to be able to put a name on the ailment though. BUT my right eye has been all itchy for the past month and I have no idea what it is. Don't think it's pink-eye because that would spread, wouldn't it? Right eye is OK and no one else has gotten it. No goooey stuff in the mornings and it doesn't hurt. Just feels like someone taped a cat (allergy alert!) to my eye. Oh well.

Very cute devilish nephew, Kiwi! Reminds me of my two monkeys when they were babies.

Wabs - Hope the poor pooch feels a bit better soon. That's one of the things I dread about getting a dog - knowing one will most likely outlive it and having to deal with that.

Painty! Have faith! I was actually going to start exercising again - got myself a bunch of Pilates/yoga for dummies DVDs on vacation, but seem to have been struck down by illness/inertia/depression since we got back. I am making a concerted effort to eat daily bunches of fruit and vegetables, though. We're with you all the way!

Schatz - When men get some idea into their heads there's just no stopping them, is it? Do you think moving to a new location would make ya feel better about living in NC?

I'm meetin' my friend from Atlanta downtown tomorrow for a cup of coffee and a good chin wag. That will be fun. She's visiting British Columbia in October so I'm going to give her the scoop.

Oh yeah, my mum phoned last night to tell us that she'll be computerless for a while because computer guy came over to see why here computer was running so crappily and said he'd have to take the whole thing away because it's just riddled with viruses and other junk. SOME day she'll learn not to open those e mail attachments her whacky friends send her. My dad has no such problems since he swears he will never, even touch a computer. Doesn't need one 'cause he has his trusty (neither electric nor electronic) typewriter. No matter that the "i" doesn't work and he has to write it in later with a pen. Aren't parental units just hilarious?

Must go clear out the dishwasher. I'm on a "keep the tip tidy" mission this week.
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 01:44 AM   #74  

Greetings!!
Sug-- you are SO right about weird parental units!
Bravo to any of you who can SEE to pluck chin hairs. (I am NOT interested in waxing... have any of you taken that risk?)

Kiwi-- I don't have to PRACTICE amnesia... it seems to come pretty naturally to me!

Wabbs-- I'm sorry about about the pooch.... I'm not look forward to outliving our cat, either. But boy, they are such good company. (except when they've chewed something important!!)

Here's the rest of my stuff... no response needed...l turns out I heal a bit when I "go public" with my weird ideas about food, body and feelings.

I am very discouraged about the scale staying the same. And, it may be a side effect of the Arimidex I'm taking to avoid recurrence of breast cancer. What if I can't eat enough less or exercise enough more to get ahead of the side effects?
The wins?
1. I've been on plan since Monday. That is longer and better than I've done in several YEARS. I feel really good about that. Proud, even. Which "feels" risky and scary. Apparently there are rules in my head that say I shouldn't feel good, proud OR happy.
2. I can challenge the feelings of criticism of my success.
3. I presided over two teleconferences (on public speaking). There weren't lots of participants, but the ones who attended seemed pleased. (and email me if you want to know more.. hope the moderators let this through.) I hadn't dealt with the technology before, nor had I presented this particular material. There were some pretty savvy people who said they got "good takeaways."
4. I used the stationery bicycle again... for longer... and so far, I'm NOT STIFF OR SORE. Much better than the diabolicfal elliptical try out!
5. DH, bless his heart, got the munchies (no, no pot, just the residual word we use for wanting to eat even though we had a big enough dinner...)... and asked my permission to have some peanut M&M's. I was (sort of) mature and said that was his choice and up to him. I mean who am I to regulate HIS food... diabetic or not. So he ate some... and I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO COME UNGLUED. But I didn't tell him to stop crunching or leave the room or anything else like that. I FELT SO ANGRY. And I was starting to cry. (Whassup with THAT?!) So I did a drawing. Flames of anger in my chest, and a tear running down my face... and the m&ms, too. DH asked me what I was drawing... and I was (by then) calm enough to tell him. And "confessing" my feelings (and him listening with way more understanding than I could have asked for) helped me feel much better. Plus he switched the whole thing around by asking me, "So you do something you could be proud of by not having m&m's too, and by be tolerant and get MAD at yourself? feel CRAPPY? What a different way to look at it!! And once again, I realized that a lot of craziness about food is actually shame about emotions evoked by things other than MY eating habits.
6. My tx pointed out that if food really IS a reliable comfort to me (and THAT's the truth!!) that it was paradoxical to restrict eating to two meals/day (plus a big late night binge). It is scary to PLAN to eat that many times a day (becuase it's never been about hunger). But I've been having at least 3 "eating times" and a snack since Monday. Using the food plan from the American Diabetic Association that was recommended to me by a nutritionist a while back.
It's tolerable. That's a win.

(Apologies for the weird spelling, typos, in my last posting.)
Old 09-22-2006, 12:13 PM   #75  

Painter: you can always come here to write your feelings and thoughts..
I share a lot of what you feel ..

Ok cowsies... here is an overview of our trip to Asheville as promised!

Well gotta tell ya I am absolutely in with the Asheville NC area! So much to do and see! The colors were just starting to change and we took a 60 mile drive on the Blue Ridge Pkwy stopping at some views and picking blueberries .. Our first night we decided on Japanese Hibachi, and had the BEST Hibachi dinner ever at Ichiban's located in the Biltmore village. The chef delighted us with the standards: Onion Volcano,egg in the hat...and some tricks and knife work that I've never seen before! We took a ride through downtown Asheville stopping at such unique and funky shops.. eclectic, eccentric...oh definitely my cup of tea!
The trainride was ok..it ran along the Nantahala river so Ken and I could do some WW kayak spotting .. It ran out of a little town called Bryson City where upon our return "Railfest" was in full swing.. We wandered through all arts and craftsy flea market while a BlueGrass band provided music.. That night we had dinner on the Sunset Terrace at Grove Park inn.. We had "ring side" seating at the balcony slowly watching the sun set over the Smokeys while the fog came in to blanket the mountains for the night.. We watched them disappear before our eyes in shades of amber, pink and purple over Filet mignon and a bottle of Merlot while the jazz quartet played in the background.

You need at least 2 days to take in all of the Biltmore..just incredible! We took the audio tour ..and a "behind the scenes" tour through the mansion.. Words can't describe the grandeur, delicious decadence and feast for the eyes with grand rococo carvings, silk enrobed walls...just incredible! We took a walk through the various gardens , admiring the Italian sculptures and walking down marble steps under grape and wisteria laden arbors to be greeted by the intense aroma of roses...thousands of roses! Into the Conservatory to admire tropical and unusual plants and flowers..
Unfortunately by this time it was near 3 oclock, and had to head back home... We plan to go back to see the Winery and The Farm... I would definitely retake the audio tour as in addition to the narrative on each room, it had a number of other audio "trivia" info on each room, that I missed.

Asheville really felt like "home" to me--and to Ken too.. Next Fall we plan to book a cabin for a week during the peak of leaf peeping season, and attend th e Kayak paddle clinic offered... And we plan a summer kayak on the Nantahala.. .. Too bad that there isnt a Cisco office out that way or we would be moving to that area..but we agree... Looks like a place we want to retire to!
The rest of DH's vacay has been a massive Land Hunt..looking for a patch to build our house on.. Topography maps, perk sites, and slogging through underbrush and brambles has become my life!
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote