Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2001, 12:25 PM   #16  

Judy, you are in my prayers. You have been so brave throughout this. Wish we could all be there personally to hug you and to help you.

May God wrap his loving arms around you and comfort you.

Anne
Old 09-18-2001, 12:59 PM   #17  

Judy,
I also am very sorry to hear bout Cal. It was a long painful battle for him. Now he is with his Maker and out of the pain and suffering. You have been very strong through all of this. Try to stay that way. {{{{{{{JUDY}}}}}}} Love Sandi
Old 09-18-2001, 02:47 PM   #18  

Dear Judy:

So sorry about Cal. He is now out of his misery. You have been very strong through all of this. Have faith in God. My prayers and heart goes out to you. ((((JUDY))))

Love you,

Chrissy
Old 09-19-2001, 03:59 PM   #19  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Default A beautiful poem ...

One of my email friends wrote this poem and I thought it was so beautiful I put it on my cjs place website. If you would like to read it go here: http://www.angelfire.com/mi3/cjsplac...eedomgone.html

Love, CJ
Old 09-19-2001, 07:53 PM   #20  

Talking Thought some of these were cute!!!!!!

:

Exercise

It is well documented that for every minute that you exercise, you add one minute to your life. This enables you at 85 years old to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $5000 per month.

My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was 60. Now she's 97 years old and we don't know where the **** she is.

The only reason I would take up exercising is so that I could hear heavy breathing again.

I joined a health club last year, spent about 400 bucks. Haven't lost a pound. Apparently you have to show up.

I have to exercise early in the morning before my brain figures out what I'm doing.

I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.

I have flabby thighs, but fortunately my stomach covers them.

The advantage of exercising every day is that you die healthier.

If you are going to try cross-country skiing, start with a small country.

And last but not least:

I don't exercise because it makes the ice jump right out of my glass.

Love to all Sandi
Old 09-20-2001, 07:45 AM   #21  
CJ

It looks like the boards are going to be down for a couple days while they switch to a new server. I have a place that we can post on while we are unable to get on here. Some of you remember it from long ago - I had to look up in my notes for the info, it's been so long, but here is the addy. Now you will need a password and I am going to put that in your private messages for you ... the address is: http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/...797/forum.html

and the password will be in your private message. Go ahead and try it out now, and when this forum is down we'll already know where to go and how to get there.

Love, CJ
Old 09-21-2001, 08:38 AM   #22  
Long Lost Chickie

Well, here I am. Old Jo. Truthfully, I don't feel any different. In case any of you didn't know, I hit the Big 4-0 on Wednesday. Rich and I took the day off to go gamble down in Delaware. Didn't win anything big but didn't lose ... much. Went to the VFW and there was a huge surprise party (meaning FOOD) for me. One of my friend's husband is a chef and he outdid himself. Weigh-in tomorrow won't be pretty but boy was it wonderful!!

Took off yesterday to go to my annual gyn. appt. Blah. My b-day gift from him was a slip for a mammogram and one for an ultrasound of my remaining ovary. He says everything looks OK but it's been a while since my last one. Boy, what a thoughtful and practical gift. Today is a party (yet more cake) here at work. I've pretty much thrown caution to the wind food-wise this week. As I said, not looking forward to weigh-in but you only live once right?

Well, have to get to work now. Back to reality. Hope you're all having a good one!

Love, Jo.
Old 09-21-2001, 08:56 AM   #23  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JO!!!!!!!!

Sorry forgot about your birthday!!!! Enjoy all the good food. You only live once! ((((JO))))) Happy Birthday girlfriend!!!

Love, Chrissy

Last edited by Chrissy; 09-21-2001 at 08:58 AM.
Old 09-21-2001, 11:44 PM   #24  

Judy- My heart goes out to you and your family. I'm sorry to hear about Cal. His battle is over and now he is no longer suffering. {{{{{{{{JUDY}}}}}}} You and your family are in my prayers.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JO!!!!

Well ladies, the diet was thrown out the window. The attacks have wreaked havoc on my way of eating .... and boy have I been eating! I just feel that I need to be surrounded by comfort food. The anxiety is easing but the fear isn't. The gym is proving to be a comfort. I never thought I would ever say that! We shall see what happens.

I hope you and your families have a safe and wonderful weekend!

Love-

Sylvia
Old 09-22-2001, 12:07 AM   #25  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default Judy I am so sorry!

My dear Judy,
I am so very sorry about Cal. You have been through so much these last few months. I know Cal is no longer suffering but you still miss him so much. You have remained so strong throughout this ordeal. I will continue to pray for you and you family. Please post again and know that we all love you so much and are here for you always.

Love ya, Sharon
Old 09-22-2001, 12:11 AM   #26  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default Happy Birthday Jo!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR DEAR JO!

Hope it was a great one. I will post again when I have more time.

Love you, Sassy Sharon
Old 09-22-2001, 07:25 AM   #27  
CJ

Default Just stopped in to say .....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR JO
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!

(And many more..........)

Sorry we missed it on the actual day Jo - I guess the past week has just caught us all off guard. Hope you day was a good one!

Love, CJ

Last edited by CJ; 09-22-2001 at 07:30 AM.
Old 09-23-2001, 08:35 PM   #28  

Judy, I want to offer my condolences. Please feel comfort in the fact that Cal is at peace and no longer suffering. Take care of yourself!

Jo, a belated happy birthday to you!

This week has been difficult, and I haven't felt like posting. I guess many of us feel the same. God Bless America!

I'll post again soon.

Trish
Old 09-24-2001, 03:12 AM   #29  

Hello Ladies-

I hope you are all doing well and enjoying your weekend. I found this little "poem" that I would like to share with all of you...

BELIEVE IN ANGELS .

The more I believe in Angels
The more I see them all around me.
In friends, family and acquaintances.
It's amazing how much goodness you can see,
If only you believe.
"Wherever you go, whatever you do, may God's angels watch over you."
~~Author Unknown.~~

Have a great day.

Sylvia
Old 09-25-2001, 08:37 AM   #30  
Long Lost Chickie

Hi all and thanks for all the belated birthday wishes. So far, it doesn't feel any different.

Tonight, Rich and I are taking mom and dad out to dinner for mom's birthday. It's a local place, very posh, and has wonderful food so I might be in a little trouble. Last Saturday, I weighed in with a 2.8 lb. gain. But so far this week, I've been behaving. I'm going to be good today so I can maybe have dessert tonight. I'm also planning water with dinner and keeping the alcohol to one glass of wine. Let's just see how I do.

I've started my 40th year (Or is it my 41st? I forget how that works) with a new resolve. Last night I walked not quite a mile to the card store to get a b-day card for mom. Of course, when I came out of the store, it was pouring, teeming rain. I got a little "moist" by the time I got home. But it was a warm rain and I had to see the humor in it. It felt (this is going to get a bit mushy...) good to be alive! Ahhh. Just had to stuff the card bag into my pants to keep it out of the rain.

Speaking of pants, the pair I wore to work the breakfast at the VFW on Sunday felt loose and uncomfortable. I was grumbling about grabbing the wrong pair (the larger size) until I realized that I hadn't!!! I had on the smaller size and they were a bit loose! Whoopie!!! Nothing like that to set me on the right path!!

The challenge comes this weekend when Rich is going up to Boston. I couldn't get time off from work so he's going up alone on Friday and coming back sometime Monday. I'll be all alone over the weekend and I know the pizza delivery numbers. I need to think of things to keep me busy.

One thing I could do. The MS committee at the VFW (I'm a member) has been invited to the Adams Mark Hotel (very classy) for an award banquet in November. I could ... SHOP!!!! Who said that??? Jo??? Shopping!?!? Well, I certainly need a new outfit. Problem is that it's more than a month until the banquet. Who knows how much weight I could lose by then. Well, I can look anyway, right?

Well, I should run now. Nice to see Jo still has her long rambling posts, eh? Some things never change.

Hope you all have a good day.
Much love, Jo.
Closed Thread