Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 12:26 PM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Default Being Accountable: Weekly Challenge #7.

Are we ready for this week's challenge?

Challenge starts each Monday and ends on Sunday. And ANYONE is welcome to join.

Each week you choose something health-relatedthat you really have a hard time doing, and you do it for the week. Say for instance, you really want to cut down on sugar and you know you can do that for at least a few days a week. You can choose how many days such as 3 or 4, up to all 7 ....(but no less than 3, please) and then commit yourself to it.

AND....it doesn't have to be all in a row, either! You may decide to not eat sugar for 4 days. So on Monday you have no sugar, but on Tuesday you can have some, on Wednesday none, then Thurdsday...(you get the idea) Just try to complete the amount of days you committed yourself to.

You may choose limiting calories, getting in more exercise, drinking more water, eating less processed foods, taking a vitamin, journaling, counting carbs... whatever your need is - go for it! The choices are limitless!

So what do you think? Think we can commit to doing this? Let's give it a try!
Old 09-04-2006, 04:31 PM   #2  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

I was off the feed yesterday at DH's party. Back on track ASAP, and my challenge for this week is going to be to make sure I get veggies and fruit. I seem to get lax on that as the weeks go on. I will continue to exercise at least 4 days a week too. (extra exercise)
Old 09-04-2006, 08:47 PM   #3  
GmaTo8

I'm in for food again this week.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:06 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 273/248.5/160

Height: 5 Ft. 6 In.

I'm going to try to get in 80 ounces of water. This is harder for me than watching my calories. I guess I can't mentally find drinking lots of water as important as watching what I eat. I will try very, very hard to drink 80 oz for the next 6 days.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:53 PM   #5  
GmaTo8

Is it too late to change my mind? Since there are still 6 days left, I want to change my challenge to taking a vitamin daily. I'm not in a good place at all with food, and don't want to go there. I keep forgetting my vitamin, and my nails are splitting, I have little energy even when I'm eating right, and feel like that a vitamin would help.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:45 PM   #6  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Default Day 1 of OP down

I'm working on the food again this week-aiming for 5 days OP. Did great yesterday but today, not so good. I had a darn donut...but...if I stay OP the rest of the day I should be fine and that donut won't hurt me.

I did get my walk at the park in and went to IF. Man I was dragging...hated missing three days of exercise. Back on track with it though.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:50 PM   #7  

Jane: I have a question for you. I have never been able to grow nails. We only have 5 acres, but between hauling logs, clearing brush, weeding, putting up fences, I can't keep nails. They split or fold. Is there a particular vitamin I can take? I take a multi-vitamin, Vit D & Calcium. Apparently, these aren't the right ones, or I'm not getting enough of a particular one. Do you have any input?

Norma
Old 09-05-2006, 02:53 PM   #8  

Cristi: We both posted at the same time. You know if I was going to cheat I'd eat a scrumpious donut and not a darn donut.LOL. I'm glad you got your workout in. Just think how beautiful those legs are going to be when you can do the same and not hurt!

Norma
Old 09-05-2006, 03:05 PM   #9  
Liz, Dressage Queen

S/C/G: 160/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Talking I'm in.

My goal is to stay OP this weekend. Considering I will be having a 3-day weekend, this is a challenge to me, especially while I'm at the horse show I'm doing on Sunday.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:39 PM   #10  

Height: 5'1"

It HAS to be exercise for me. I just need to burn some calories.

***sigh***

I'm hoping to see the scale budge by Christmas.

Good luck everyone and welcome to all the newbies!!
Old 09-06-2006, 08:56 AM   #11  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

Ok, I posted this weeks challenge on the last thread...

Challenge 4 days of excercise
(2 days down)

At least one serving of veggies or fruit everyday.
had broccli with dinner monday, grapes and a salad yesterday.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:28 AM   #12  
GmaTo8

Norma, I think any good multi-vitamin would benefit your nails. Add some protien to your diet, and that will help, too. Some say dairy protein, but others say any type of protein is ok.

To the others, hang in there!!
Old 09-06-2006, 04:44 PM   #13  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Default Working on day 2

Okay, I won't count yesterday since I ate the donut and, I ate too much for dinner. That's what happens when I don't get my 4:00 snack, lol. So today is day 2 and so far so good.

Norma...not meaning to butt in but...I read years ago that gelatin is good for the nails. Not sure how you would take it, or fix it as I've not ever bought any but you can find it in the baking aisle at the grocery store. Maybe google it and see what people say
Old 09-06-2006, 11:09 PM   #14  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Had another walk tonight...and did eat fruit (white peaches are the BEST) and veggies (carrots, celery, onions,) cooked in with a beef roast. I had one small piece of beef and half of a small potato. The beef was the hardest since I love red meat.
I am not completely back on track, but slowly getting there. Like Marti...I am hoping for results by Christmas.
Old 09-06-2006, 11:24 PM   #15  

Cristina: Thanks for the gelatin comment. I have gelatin and it's very versatile. I use it in puddings when I want to cut down on cream and eggs to get the pudding to set up and it's very low calorie. You can also make
gelatin out of your favorite beverages.
I love your signature. That is cool. I am pretty lame when it comes to inserting fancy stuff on my signature or ticker.

Jane:I have cut my dairy way down due to dieting, so I need to check how I can put some back into my diet and still watch the calories.

Obs: You sound like a woman on a mission. Good Job!

Marti: Good luck with the exercise. I also wanted to let you know that I have been educated and I should have noted that you are a scrapbooking guru. I'm a newbie on both fronts. I hate to admit it but I'll be learning a thing or three just by seeing the pages that arrive. I'm so excited.

You guys have a super Thursday!

Norma
Closed Thread