Old 09-03-2006, 08:10 AM   #1  

Smile The Winning Losers- Week of 9/3/06

I started up this weeks new thread. I hope that's allright.

AquaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 09:15 AM   #2  
I believe in miracles

S/C/G: 212/212/130

Height: 5'1

GoodMorning

Thank you so much AQua, I have fixed my PM problem. Thanks for starting this thread.

I hope your weekened is going good so far. I am getting ready to attempt my 8 minute taebo tape and then some pilates.
sapphire35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 09:25 AM   #3  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Morning everyone!!!

Aqua Thank you for starting a new thread! It's fine by me. I don't think it really matters who starts it. I guess just whomever logs in first on Sunday.
I liked NY too. She was a little nuts, but there's no way she would have done what some of these other ladies are doing. As weird as she was, she seemed to have a certain classiness. I can certainly understand why her mother wanted to bring her home though! If it had been one of my nieces, I would have kidnapped her. Snuck her out while the producers and Big Rick weren't looking!

Sapphire - Welcome back chicky! I'm sorry. It's my fault. I brought up Flav. I just couldn't help it. Don't know what I was thinking. Maybe one day I can get the help I need...
Hey, three days is nothing to sneeze at. It's an excellent start. You'll build on from there. Yeah, I know you're gonna get us. Aqua, Bonnie, Danielle and me. The exercise bug is biting. I'm glad because exercise is crucial. I don't know if it's true, but I read somewhere that not exercising is as bad for your heart as smoking a pack of cigarettes a day. I don't really buy into that, but reading it did make me think of how the heart could be helped tremendously be exercising. Exercise can lower the heart rate and allow our hearts to function without having to work as hard.
My goal is to run five minute miles. I have a long way to go, but that's what I want. When I was in high school two track coaches begged me to run cross-country. I could run fast too, but they didn't need sprinters. Everyone wanted to be a sprinter on the track team. But I would never join the track team. I just liked running. I would just get on the track and run about 3 miles when I was in high school just because I felt like it. It wasn't even a big deal and I loved doing it.
Let us know if you do any of the rock climbing. I've always wanted to try it.

I'll check in a little later. I'm a bit sore after yesterdays workout. I love it! It's a good soreness.

I hope everyone enjoys the holiday. We're supposed to go to my parents' tomorrow. Today there's a Bridezillas marathon that starts at 10. I love, love, love that show.
Amany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 09:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/179/125

Height: 5'0"

Wanted to say Hi to all my chickadees. I won't be back until tomorrow night. I will check back in later tomorrow. Have a great Holiday!

TTFN
n2luvnlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 09:58 AM   #5  

Smile

Good Morning Ladies!!!!

sapphire35- Hi! You're welcome. Good for you!!! You're already getting that heart pumping and the fat is melting right off!!! I hope your weekend will be relaxing and wonderful!

Amany- Yeah, NY was one of the better ones for sure. I love that soreness too! I feel accomplished for a little while. Guess what? I bought Billy Blanks Boot Camp last night!!! I got a 2 DVD thing. One is cardio Boot camp, one is lower body boot camp. I'm gonna add both to my daily tread. Speaking of smoking, my neighbors smoke outside. No problem, but my windows are open and it comes right into my livingroom (where my treadmill is) Reminds me of Ms. Stone again. Have a pastrami sandwich, carrot cake, and a smoke then go walk two miles and blame the heart condition..... Why did I just start on that? Oh well, when that comes on later I hope she will get some help and crack down on herself. I just don't know if she's really got her heart into losing weight. You know how that goes, you know when you're really in it for real. I just don't see that "fever" in her.

n2luvnlife- Hi hon! Look forward to seeing you tomorrow.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:52 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/219/160 (current size: 16)

Height: 5'5"

Wow! I'm amazed at the volume of posts this group has! I'm new to this but will try to post at least once per week.

I weighed in this morning at 217.6--very pleased about that. Still working on increasing my average intake of water to 100 ounces per day. Have a great week everyone (I'll weigh myself Wednesday morning, but might not be able to post until the weekend.)
DeborahB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 12:24 PM   #7  

Smile

DeborahB- Hi! Yep, we are chatterboxes around these parts, but it keeps us motivated to do what we set out to do. Don't feel intimidated by how much we gab- just jump right in whenever you feel like it! I know just about every woman has the gift of gab...

Happy to hear about your weigh in. You're right, water is a very good thing.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend too! Take care!

Hun.e.B.- Thanks for the link up!
Old 09-03-2006, 12:44 PM   #8  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Good Sunday morning everyone!! Is this weekend flying by? Good thing its a 3-dayer! Today will be homework day for me, dh is supposed to take the girls to the waterpark. My goal is to get a walk in today too! There is absolutely no reason not to! Besides I gotta start crankin out some exercise minutes for the challenge. Otherwise you ladies are gonna leave me in the dust!

Sara...I'm glad to hear that it was just a miscommunication on your neighbor walking with someone else. I would have felt the same way though. Keep on walking girl!! You are doing great!

Tricia...good to see you again!! Have you been back to classes for a week now? I was so ready to go back its been nice, now I get to send my girls back this week! The summer just got too long for me, but I didnt take summer classes either! I hope everything is going GREAT for you!! Keep making those babysteps!

Aqua...you are so on the ball!! thanks so much for getting us going right this morning! Have you read the "character" bios on vh1 website for flav? OMG its funny! I have the SAME problem with my neighbors! Drives me insane! We live in a duplex and my bedroom window is right below the front doors where they smoke and at night we like to open the window and put a fan in it, so it blows the smoke into our room. GRRR it makes me so mad!

Amanda...did dh enjoy his concert last night? Little richard..that is eclectic! LOL...he's so funny on that singing show as a judge! Would you believe I've never watched all of starwars? none of em?

Trish...3 days of exercise is still 3 days!!! dont sell yourself short!! You did GREAT!!! And you can build from there!! Keep on rocking girl!

Hi Lori....we miss you! Hurry back!!

Deborah...HELLO!!! Its so great to see you again! We are a chatty bunch but thats what makes us so great!! Besides there is strength in numbers! The more people you've got standing behind you cheering you on, the better you are going to do and the stronger you'll be!!! Congrats on the loss!!!! Yay!!! See you are doing something right!!! Keep up the good work!!! You are shrinking!!

You know what I love about our group I think Amanda touched on this before, but I love how smooth it is for new people to just jump right in and its like they were always here. And I love that there is no leader, noone up there trying to tell us all what to do and how to do it, we are just friends, working together and walking across that finish like arm in arm! Danielle and I were in a group years ago, it was such an amazing group but I was the leader, well me and another girl. When I look back at it now...it was so stressful! And if I didnt do something the group stalled. Here, we all work together to keep things flowing and I just LOVE that! Okay done being corny! LOL!!

I hope everyone has the best day today!!! I'll be off reading finance, philosophy and accounting...whoopie! LOL!!
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 01:35 PM   #9  

Smile

Hun.e.B- Thanks! I love it here too. I think what I needed was to be part of a team. I didn't know it until I got here, but it was the best thing I've done in a while. I don't think that's corny at all. Losing weight is so hard. Physically and emotionally. Having somewhere to turn to where people are doing the same thing let's us know we are normal, the struggle is real, but we can overcome it.
I did indeed read the bios. Too funny. I watched "driven" on VH1 this morning, and it was about Flavor Flav. It was pretty good. He is a cool guy, and talented- but there is no way I would do what these goldigg- er, I mean girls are doing. lol... nope. I do not believe all of them think Flav's hot. Come on... he has something to offer in terms of having humor and talent, but speaking for myself physical attraction is never going to be there. Bah, TV. I got sucked right into that show.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:32 PM   #10  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

hi guys how is everyone yep ill be watching flavor of love tonight.
anyway it feels like a great start for the new week even though my mine do not officially start until monday.....? i have a bad habit of skipping meals, sometimes im just not hungry do anyone else go through this? i watched the discovery health channel and it was about a lady who lost alot of weight by eating her dinner in the am and her breakfast in the pm i kind of lost the concept of that... i thought about trying the 6 week body makeover concept basically portein and fruit for breakfast and snack, protein carb & for lunch and pm snack then protien carb and veggie for dinner.... but im not sure about it i may just stick the the weight watchers... anyway back to my original ? is it really that bad to not eat when your not hungry? i mean alot of weight loss pills are suppose to decrease appetite i know phentermine completly takes away your appetite so im a little confused i get really discouraged when i miss a meal

sorry so long......
miafluker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 02:40 PM   #11  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Good Afternoon Gang!

You guys have been chatty this morning! Aqua thanks for starting us off right this morning!!!

I was a VERY naughty girl last night, mexican food..'nuff said! It was very very good, and I have to be honest, I didn't exactly watch myself on any of it. lol Today's a new day and all that, so I'm fine with it. I had planned on taking today off from working out, but I figure with all the crap I ate last night, probably best to just get going with something and try and minimize the damage. I am just relieved that I don't hurt everywhere anymore!
I do have to say that yesterday all day (up until dinner that is, lol), I was really paying attention to hungry pangs and just urges to eat cause I was idle. Makes a huge difference! I am still a major work in progress with this though, learning what real hunger is does not come easy to me. PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION is my motto!

Everyone have a super afternoon! Busy getting dh off to work here in a minute so I best get goin. Talk to you soon!
Sugar-N-Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 02:56 PM   #12  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Good Afternoon! I got almost all of the shopping done for the PTA teachers breakfast, costco is closed tomorrow so had to do it today. Which is okay gives me all day tomorrow to cut up all that fruit. i couldnt believe how expensive oranges were!!

Aqua...I agree with you, in my opinion to find a mate there has to first be an attraction, I'm not saying that you cant be attracted to his energy or his personality but for the long haul..cmon! Ha...golddigg..er girls! You crack me up! How many calories does laughing burn?

Mia...I think the deal with not eating when you are hungry is to learn to listen to your body. Your body will tell you when its time to eat. And with alot of supplements people are looking for something to help them to never eat. Well your body needs fuel. You'll do nothing but burn your lean muscle tissue and retain all the fat you can if you dont eat at all. I'm a big believer that if you arent hungry why eat...I wish I practiced that more often. But at the same time you do gotta make sure you are eating something. And also, if you wait until you are HUNGRY then you run the risk of overeating. You just gotta find the right balance. I tried phentermine years ago and it didnt work for me. But I was on another medication at the same time that most likely counteracted it. I had a friend who lost about 30 lbs with phentermine. So did that confuse you some more? LOL!

Danielle...you ate your birthday dinner...there is no guilt in that!! I'm glad you enjoyed it!! Today is a new day, onward and downward!!

Alright, I'm off to the nursury to find a nice little plant for 12 new teachers at our school and then off to find 400 ice cream cones for the PTA ice cream social...oh and did I mention I've got homework coming out my ears?! LOL!! have a lovely afternoon!

~melissa
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 04:17 PM   #13  

Smile

miafluker- I confess, I typically only eat dinner these days. I don't feel like eating so I don't. Oh, I'll be watching Flavor of Love!!!

Sugar-N-Spice- aw, you're welcome.... I love Mexican food too, so I feel ya on that! Like you say, progress, not perfection.

Hun.e.B- Laughing... hmm, not sure! I like to laugh though, so I like that!
Old 09-03-2006, 04:25 PM   #14  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Default Go ahead---Laugh yourself skinny!!

Found this article on laughing burning calories. Interesting......

http://health.dailynewscentral.com/c...iew/000969/63/
Sugar-N-Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 04:55 PM   #15  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

I completed another six day exercise week!!!

Monday: Donna Richardson's 30 Days to Firmer Arms and Abs & Leslie Sansone Walk and Jog.

Tuesday Donna Richardson's 30 Days to Firmer Arms and Abs, Leslie Sansone Walk and Jog & Pilates for Abs

Wednesday

Thursday - 1.5 Miles on my lunch hour

Friday - Leslie Sansone Walk and Jog

Saturday Harvey Walden's Fighting Fit,Fighting Fat & Pilates for Abs

Today 45 minutes of shadow boxing and jogging in place in intervals

I'll have to seriously step things up next week, but I'm still proud of myself!!

I saw today's episode of Flavor of Love. I don't want to ruin it for those who haven't watched yet. All I will say is that he got rid of one of the women that got on my nerves. There are two more I'd love to see go. One is a really combative one (she got the first clock this time) and a trashy one. But I guess most of them could be considered trashy!

Hi Lori! Great to see you!

Aqua - I don't see a determined spirit in Angie either. It's like what Ted was yelling about last week. None of this is easy. 3 pounds.... 6 pounds... 4 pound.... None of it is easy. And no one can have it done for them. At least not in a way that's healthy.
I'm with you on Flav! If you were having a fun get together, you'd want him there. He's funny, full of personality and just the life of the party. I even get the feeling that he's a genuinely nice guy. But no way is he hot! I think he's sort of old to like all that drama though. But, he's getting paid for it. Plus he's enjoying more fame than he's ever had before, so I'm sure it's more than worth it to him.
I agree that we have a fabulous group of ladies. It does my heart good to have a group of people helping me celebrate my successes. It also motivates me and makes me feel good to hear of those people who cheer me on having their own success as well. I love it all.

Deborah! - You can post whenever you want. We're really glad to have you. You're going to to absolutely fall in love with us. Congrats on the weight loss!

Melissa - Our busiest chick!! I hope you're taking your vitamins!
I also love that we don't have a leader. Just a group of great ladies encouraging and supporting one another.
My husband came back about 15 minutes after he left. It was just raining too much. He was sort of crushed. He's never been able to see Little Richard in concert, and since he's in his 80s, who knows if he'll tour again? He actually wanted Little Richard to marry us. He had me write to him. I got an autographed photo from his fan club

Hi Mia - I think that you should not force yourself to eat, but if it's been hours, maybe have a small healthy snack. Just to keep your metabolism going and to prevent your body from burning lean muscle like Melissa said.
I'm not that knowledgeable about suppressants. Sorry.

Danielle Ah.... Mexican. Good stuff! I'm glad you enjoyed it. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I think of birthdays and holidays like Christmas, Thanksgiving and Easter as free days.
"Progress not perfection.". I like that!

Well, ma'ladies, I think I'm starting to feel better. I haven't seen the outside since Friday though! It's bugging the heck out of my husband that all I want to do is stay in. I'm going to leave the house on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, but I'm enjoying just bumming around right now. Most of the day I've been watching the Bridezilla marathon. It surprises me that some of these couples still end up getting married. This one woman had her husband to be in tears. Literally. I mean the man was boo-hooing.

I'll check in a little later. Bye everyone!
Amany is offline   Reply With Quote