Old 09-08-2006, 11:46 PM   #151  
just me

S/C/G: 320/294/145

Height: 5'7

OKay i dont know what you ladies took today but OMG!!!!! lol well my day has been boring. I didnt really have the energy to clean today. dont really know why. I sat around, picked my room up some and watched tv. I saw that thing on madonna too. The chick was doing some of the pilates excersises on a machine thingy and OMG. I dont know how anyone does it but to be honest, if it makes you look like that i wouldnt rule it out!!!
I'm a big Britney Spears fan. Always have been since she was in the MMC. Anyways i just happened to find a site that had her diet and workout plans on it and things like the books she reads and all that. Anyways i printed out the diet and excersise stuff but have yet to read it (tell ya'll tomorrow) but i went thru the list of books. Most were about Kabbalah and being spiritual and accepting things in your past and understanding it and moving on. Yesterday i had a conversation with my grandpa about my father and i realized that i'm not over the stuff that happened when i was little. I dont know if its because he keeps screwing up and my grandparents and i are the ones that end up paying for it (literally) or what. So anyways i went and got some of the books. I'm a christian completely. I believe in God and being a good person and all of that, but i do have some problems with the bible. people say the bible is the truth and this and that, but being honest it was written a loooooong time ago in another language and one of their words had 1 or more meanings so really its best guess. I dont think Aliens are what created us or out to get us as some of u think (hehe). So yeah 4 spiritual books and 1 sex help book for a friend that was to shy to buy it herself (dont ask).

I'm going to do personals in the morning. i need to clean off my desk and plug in my new printer. night!!!
brat_61886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 04:43 AM   #152  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Hey Britt - I hope you had a great evening.
Amany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 08:47 AM   #153  

Smile

Good Morning Ladies!!!

Hun.e.B- I love disco too! I am listening to "ABBA Gold" right this minute! I'm a huge Bowie fan too.
I LOVE Madonna's body, she's so beautiful!!! What I especially like are the back of her thighs. It is very difficult to make the back of your thighs muscular, but she has achieved it, and she's in her late 40's. Such an inspiration.
I made it through a raw vegan diet yesterday, and I'm going to do it again today. So far it hasn't been so bad. I love hot peppers and garlic so I just added that and lime juice to my raw veggies and it was fine. Maybe I'll actually be fine with it, time will tell. It would be nice to be able to eat like that most of the time and just really enjoy the days when I choose to eat something else- and not feel the guilt that goes with it. The most difficult time frame for me is after 6 PM. It is a long standing bad habit to snack at this time on horrible things. I haven't been doing it, so that's good.
I hope you get to feeling better.

Amany- Energy is definately something you want with little ones! So, that is a smart move.
lol... Funny when we are kids we don't even realize what the heck we were singing half the time. I used to love George Michael's "I want you sex"... I didn't care about the words!!! But when you are 10 or 11 singing something like that is enough to get you smacked and dragged to church lol....

brat_61886- Hi!
AquaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 11:51 AM   #154  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Jest wanted to let all know that I got my new comp so I may not be on for a few days. Trying to get it set up so I can call monday and have high speed put on it. Catch you all later.
Butterfly50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 12:01 PM   #155  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Good Saturday Morning!! just a reminder for whoever pops in first tomorrow morning to start a new week's thread!

Britt...religion for me is something that I'm not sure if I believe one way or the other. I think thats kinda the point. I certainly dont like it being pounded down my throat thats for sure. But i do know in all the health and wellness classes that I've taken they talk about spiritual health as part of the balance wheel, so its important to have that in your life in whatever capacity you are comfortable with. Enjoy your reading. If nothing else its GREAT to be educated, knowledge is power!

Amanda....What on earth are you doing up so late!? LOL!!

Aqua...when the boogie started to explode I heard somebody say burn baby burn..disco inferno! LOL!! I'm not a bowie fan but I do love me some disco! My trouble time of the day is between 2-5, once dinner is over I'm okay the rest of the night thankfully. Thats also the time of day that I get really tired too. I love peppers too, yellow ones anyway, and I planted some this year to grow on the balcony, 3 popped up but they havent grown very big at all and are already turning yellow...so baby yellow peppers I guess LOL!

No plans here for me today other than working on my homework. We'll see how far I get on it! I've found some new ambition and determination yesterday with Danielles help so we'll see how eating goes today!! Have a wonderful Saturday everyone!!
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 12:25 PM   #156  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Sunshine's!!!

Yes, we had quite a day yesterday didn't we? *nudges Aqua* Not exactly sure what happened but somehow I feel hungover this morning! Did somebody put something in my drink????? lol It was fun to just let loose a little bit, no matter how zany or nutso it was. Aqua we'll have to do it again, VERY soon. Hhhhmmmmm, I don't see Liz here. I wonder if she got arrested for dancing nekkid on the train last night??? Or maybe she ran into Kenny Rogers or Mario Lopez?

Amanda, the calanetics is supposed to work wonders especially for people who cannot do high impact stuff. I just remember breaking into a huge sweat in the middle of this thing, it's pretty intense. All the movements are very very tiny and that's about it. It's not like it takes a huge amount of skill, it's just being able to keep those movements steady. I've talked to a couple ladies who swear by it, who are also big pilates people. So I'm sure with all that, you will see great results for sure!!

Melissa, I hope you're feeling better today. At least yesterday the meds helped keep your food in check, I guess we can count that as a plus, eh? And drinking your water is a very good thing!!! Seriously tho, I hope today finds you feeling rested and ready to tackle the weekend.

Hi Brit, hope you have a great weekend!

Well I am feeling oogie again this morning. This dang cough just doesnt seem to wanna let go. I swear I was up half the night hacking, and then I'd lay down and my nose would run. Up n down all night long!

I was watching this thing last night on MSNBC about a man who was going in for a gastric bypass surgery. He was about 400+ lbs and claimed to have tried every diet on the planet. The way they had this pieced together made it completely look like he went in for a psych evaluation just right before surgery(surgery was supposedly the following day) to see if he was "viable" for the procedure. This really bothered me! The psychiatrist was interviewed saying how it's important to make sure the patient is able to distinguish that the surgery isn't going to fix their "problem", that they themselves have to be able to conquer whatever has driven them to use food as a crutch. If they felt like patients were not of this mindframe and couldn't prove somehow that they could work it properly, they would be denied treatment. I was not impressed at all with the guy's answers, to me it wasnt reason enough to allow him to do it. He just kept saying that "this is my last chance at a new life. I want to be able to enjoy my son", etc. Hello? Does this tell you that he is capable of living this way for the rest of his life? And if he did give more reasonable answers then they certainly weren't aired. I really feel stuff like this gives overweight people the idea that having this surgery will be the answer to their prayers without having to do any work either mentally or physically...totally sending the wrong message. Anyways, that's my rant. I am sure that he lost lots of weight (I missed the end-dh was bugging) and thought for sure he would maintain this.. I hope he has, I hope even more that his urge to use food as a way of coping magically disappeared along with half his stomach!

Okay, as you can see, I'm a cranky girl this morning so I'm gonna venture back to bed I think. Try and hide under the covers for a little while longer before I gotta run around with my troops. I swear, I'm not even allowed to be sick! Bah!!
Sugar-N-Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 01:23 PM   #157  

Smile

Butterfly50- Take care, hope to see you soon!

Hun.e.B- Thanks for the reminder. I hope you have a wonderful day!

Sugar-N-Spice- Hello! It is fun to let loose sometimes. I know, for me, this struggle to lose weight and trying to learn to live a healthier lifestyle brings me down at times. Sometimes I have moments when I ask myself if I'm really doing it, is it really ever going to happen. But, then I come here, and I see success stories. I see us having fun and lightening the mood, I think we all need it sometimes--- because we are very serious about the weight loss.

Sorry to hear you are still "feeling oogie". My throat has been sore since I woke up this morning, but I'm trying to ignore it. I hope it doesn't "develop".

I don't aim to offend anyone, because I know a lot of people have considered, are considering, or have had weight loss surgery and been quite successful with it, but something never feels right about it to me.

I have had so many times that my sister would eat McDonald's in front of me, then when she was done say she would get gastric bypass because she will never be able to stop. I even asked her why doesn't she try first before just saying she will never make it. She stays gung ho for two days tops, then runs for the burger. I know she is addicted. I feel her pain- I have been battling those very demons- but sometimes I think people don't want to do the hard work and they would rather have their intestines- the all natural, way we were made to work intestines- re-routed by another human just so they cannot fit as much into their tummy. That is sooooo extreme, but I guess they know that ahead of time.

My husband is all for that surgery in folks that are morbidly obese, he said if he was in their shoes he would do it and not look back. I can't say I'm 100% against it, or that I wouldn't be happy for someone that had it done and feels better, but it is so unnatural. I wonder what the consequences will be in 20 years. Hopefully not anything.
Old 09-09-2006, 02:43 PM   #158  

Hello Lovelies!!!

It just dawned on me that I was supposed to post a new picture yesterday. Meanwhile I'm sitting here with my hair all over the place. I knew I'd be washing it this morning, so I didn't wrap it last night. Plus I just did Leslie Sansone's 3 Mile WATP, so it's all sweated out. Now, I'm thinking, "It ain't picture time.". Promise to do it tomorrow though.

My husband took me out last night! We went ot one of the restaurants in Mexican Town. Southwest Detroit. I am happy to report that I was good!! I had a taco salad. No taco chips. No fried bowl. I had chicken instead of ground beef and I didn't use any salad dressing. I did have 2 of the fried tortilla chips though. It was my only indulgence. My husband is going through a Mexican food phase, I think. Believe it or not, he actually wants to go again today. My resolve is being tested. If I told him I wanted to eat something else instead, he'd go along with it. I guess I just like feeling that I'm in control of my eating.

Here's what's funny. The salad I had wasn't even on the menu. When I asked if there was salad, the waitress kind of did a double take. She was like, "Yeah. We have salad.". Oh I didn't mention that I had a little plastic souffle cup with my own low fat sour cream. My husband was so embarrassed!

I'm not in favor of gp surgery either. If you have the surgery you're still expected to exercise and watch what you eat. If you haven't worked out your overeating issues, you run the risk of stretching out the now smaller stomach and causing damage. Not yo mention the special nutrients you have to take for the rest of your life!! So my feeling on it is that since you have to do the work anyway, why not just do it without surgery??? I don't think it's the quick fix people are looking for either. That said, I wouldn't judge someone for having it. They have their own life to live.

Aqua - My husband is in favor of the surgery too. But he's not a person who can relate to emotional eating like we can. Sometimes he will go all day without eating just because he doesn't feel like it. Or sometimes he may not eat at all on a Thursday and not eat until dinner time the next Friday. He's perfectly fine with that. Damn man!
I hope your sister is able to get her eating issues under control soon. She'll be much happier with herself when she does. And healthier.

Danielle - You, Liz and Aqua certainly did have a time yesterday!! You silly ladies! You all are so much fun. I'm glad that all our time posting is not only about weight loss, inch loss or eating plans. It's good to just have fun sometimes.
I'm going to give the Callanetics and honest try. I read somewhere that Callan Pickney has scoliosis like I do. That sparked my interest. Plus I want to be really, really toned.
I hope you got a chance to lie back down.

Melissa - I posted not too long after waking up. I woke up this morning around 4 and decided to get up. My Cousin Vinny (my fave movie) came on at 5:30. I decided to watch it, but I feel asleep on it about 30 minutes into it. It was going off when I woke up. I dragged myself back to bed until about 9. Even when I go to bed late (like last night), I still wake up around 4. I guess it's because I get up between 4:30 - 4:45 on the week days.
Don't get me started with the disco music!! I think I should have been a teen during the 70s. I love the music and the clothes. I would have loved to have worn those funky wide collared, polyester shirts, bell bottoms and sported a fro. Heck, I usually sport an afro puff all summer long. "Dig it!"
My sister and four of my brothers are a lot older than me; so I was exposed to a lot of disco and funkadelic stuff. It's just the best, best music in my opinion. I think I'm going to pull out our SuperFly movie today.
I hope you're able to get lots of homework done today.

I'm so sorry you all are starting feel under the weather. I'm pretty sure it's the change of seasons. My sinuses are starting to get a little drainy. My husband has been a little under the weather too lately. Have you all ever heard of people taking castor oil when the seasons change to avoid getting sick? I'll have to read up on it. If I can stomach that awful stuff I just might try it. Or not...

BBL!

Last edited by Amany; 09-09-2006 at 02:49 PM.
Old 09-09-2006, 03:08 PM   #159  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

hey everyone hey amany i was up with you this morning i woke at 2 took a shower washed my hair and drank some of my ernergy green tea then tried to lay down but couldnt so i got up and started cleaning the house i guess that tea works because i dont normally wake up until 7or so
so here i am all wired and then around 12p-1 bam i realized i was tired as heck and passed out i just woke up and the baby is still sleep i think im going to do some taebo today and use my easyshaper and maybe the ab lounge my abs are a little sore from the workout the other day
miafluker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 03:32 PM   #160  

hey im back can anyone answer this ? my hubby has alot of whey protein i know marines use it to bulk up if your overweight like me will it make you bulk up to or would it act as a protein shake? i want to lose fat and weight not be a female body builder

thanks in advance
Old 09-09-2006, 04:58 PM   #161  

Smile

Amany- Hi! I am a big fan of Mexican food as well, and that would be so hard.Funny, my husband asked me to run and get him some taco's a while ago...

I am WAYYYYY proud of you for bringing your own stuff and tqaking care of your business at the dinner table. You did good!!!!

I hope my sister gets control too. You know, and this is what it comes down to. We have to make different decisions. We have to choose one thing over another. Some people are gonna do it, some people never will.

miafluker- Hi! I'm not sure about the protein stuff. I would think the calories in it might cause you to gain... but I don't understand much about protein shakes.

__________________________________________________ _____________

I have another NSV to report! My husband told me my head now looks "skinnier". I was very happy to hear it, and he is not the kind of guy to just say something. He was very sincere.

My head is shrinking people!!!!!!
Old 09-09-2006, 05:05 PM   #162  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Default Mia, you were asking about Whey Protein.....

Found this info on this website: http://www.wheyoflife.org/

Weight Management
Studies show that achieving and maintaining a healthy weight can add years to your life and help prevent weight related complications, including diabetes, cancer, and heart disease. Diet plays a key role in any weight management program and adding whey protein often helps make a positive difference. Here are some of the reasons why.
The body requires more energy to digest protein than other foods (thermic effect) and as a result you burn more calories after a protein meal.
Whey protein isolate is pure protein with little to no fat or carbohydrates. It is a perfect complement to any low carbohydrate or low glycemic index diet plan.
Recent studies by Dr. Donald Layman, a professor at the University of Illinois, have highlighted the role of the essential amino acid leucine in improving body composition. High quality whey protein is rich in leucine to help preserve lean muscle tissue while promoting fat loss. Whey protein contains more leucine than milk protein, egg protein and soy protein.
Protein helps to stabilize blood glucose levels by slowing the absorption of glucose into the bloodstream. This in turn reduces hunger by lowering insulin levels and making it easier for the body to burn fat.
Whey protein contains bioactive components that help stimulate the release of two appetite-suppressing hormones: cholecystokinin (CCK) and glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1). In support of this, a new study found that whey protein had a greater impact on satiety than casein, the other protein in milk. Adding whey protein to a mid-day snack or beverage provides healthy energy and may help control food intake at the next meal.

Not sure what type of plan you're on but low carbers swear by this stuff. They put it in everything, from shakes, to coffee, to food. Hope the info helps.
Old 09-09-2006, 06:08 PM   #163  

thank you so much Sugar-N-Spice im going to start adding this monday i have such a hard time getting in protein and fiber
Old 09-09-2006, 06:26 PM   #164  

Mia - I remember Halle Berry saying that she used protein shakes to help her build lean muscle for Cat Woman. She said they gave her awful gas though.
Let us know how it goes.

It just dawned on me that my husband is going through fatty food withdrawal. I used to cook like a southern woman. He loved it. Now I don't, so he's craving cheesy, greasy, fried fat. Now he's talking about going to some place called the Pork House. wth??

Aqua, that stuff runs in families bad. For as long as I remember my sister, she's always had food issues. She's gone on 40 - 60 day fasts where she only had lemon-water with cayenne pepper and molasses added. She's popped Metabolife / Diet Fuel for a year at a time; each month or so having to increase the dosage to keep her metabolism high. The last couple of times I saw her, she was eating life she hadn't seen food in 10 years. I've seen her go up and down from a sz 8 to 24 over the past 25 years. Her muscle tone is really bad.
My mother says my sister is trying to lose weight now. I just know she's going to start doing strange things to herself again. One of my brothers told me that now that every is noticing that I'm losing weight, my sister feels competitive. So she has to top me. Even though I've always naturally had more muscle than her (making my metabolism a bit higher) and I'm 17 years younger. I never really understood that sibling rivalry stuff.
She's the mother of my oldest niece (who's now 26). She used to put her on diets when she was like 8 years old so she wouldn't be fat. My niece had issues with food for years until she had the good sense to start seeing a therapist. She used to pop diet pills too. She'd also go days without eating and get annoyed by other people eating. A couple of times I caught her forcing herself to throw up after eating.
I think she's gotten things under control now though. I think she's like a sz 10 or 12. Beautiful, beautiful girl. She's 5'10" and wears high heels ALL the time. I'm talking 4-inchers and her posture is great. I don't think she diets anymore, but she exercises regularly.
Congrats on your shrinking head by the way.
Old 09-09-2006, 08:07 PM   #165  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Mia, I'm glad you found the info helpful. Good luck with that & let us know how it goes!

So I'm just checkin in for the evening before I get dinner rolling. Today went entirely too fast! It has rained most of the day, and we're talkin by the bucketful. Luckily it stopped long enough to run my daughter to a party she was going to. Ugh, some of these kids out here and their richy parents! This girl was having it at the Marriott Hotel in this private suite thingy. They're swimming,eating, & watching movies all night. We had to hike a mile just to park and then walk into the lobby, they wouldn't even let me leave my car to the side to run her in. The nerve, huh? lol So I got a good little walk in, so not too bad. I hope she has fun! To be young again!!!

I totally agree with you guys about the GPS. I think it's something that should be weighed heavily*no pun intended* . The committment to this doesn't even compare to just trying to lose on your own IMO. With this you have life threatning possibilities just for the surgery, not to mention once you're trying to recover and live a normal life. I would sincerely hope that the policies are very very strict and that people really are truly evaluated properly. Like everything else in this world, I'm afraid for it to be just one more thing for the medical industry to make money on. The almighty dollar always rules, doesn't it? I know for me personally, having a procedure done wouldn't even begin to touch the surface of "the why". While I am thankful that I am not at a weight where I fear like I can't do it on my own(even tho it may take me a 100 years! lol), I understand those who are grossly overweight need options like this.

Okay girls, it's time to boogie! I got the music turned up, the rain is pounding outside...let's make some dinner!!! I'll check in on ya'll in a few....