Old 03-22-2006, 12:30 PM   #1  

Default Slimmin SAHMmies 3

Well here we go ladies!! Lets keep the posting up....and when it gets too long, again we will start over!

Just a recap this board is for SPECIAL ladies who are StayAtHomeMommies.....who are looking to change there lifes and become more healthy for ourselfs!!! Good luck EVERYONE!!

Alisha

Started a new thread.
Melinda
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 12:42 PM   #2  

I skipped the gym this morning to check out our new Super Wal-Mart. I never thought I would like shopping there, but with the kids it is much easier.

I check out Dotties website for something almost everyday. I am trying the core plan, which pretty much lets you eat what you want from a list of foods. The WW section on 3FC is good but very overwhelming.

I am feeling guilty about the gym, so I will have to go once the kids wake up.

Have a great day ladies!
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 03:07 PM   #3  
Mommy9802

Wink Good Afternoon!

Good Afternoon Everyone! Thanks Mel for starting the new thread!! Well not much going on here for me.....just keeping up my excercise and drinking lots of H2O yesterday i drank 96oz today i am hoping to surpass that and drink 128oz. I have not really been able to do excercises like Taebo or anything but i have been doing some crunches and some work on the dumbells so its all good!!

Cara: WE ARE SO glad you are back!! You poor thing it has to be driving you crazy having your hubby at home so much!! *~*~BREATH IN BREATH OUT~*~*~ Your one strong women.......If you need to vent you know where do it at!! Thats what we are all here for!!

Well ladies i need to run, gotta get some stuff done before the hubby gets home, i will chat with you all soon!! Take care!!

Alisha
mommy9802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 04:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 264.2/264.2/150

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon! I feel really bad today. DH told me last night that he'd had a "weird" pain in his left shoulder and that he'd been short of breath for a few days... He's only 27, I cant imagine that it would be his heart at his age, but then again is does weigh 270+ and eats horribly (even worse than me!) I called our doc today to get him an appointment to be checked out, but there are no openings until tuesday... Unfortunately I will be a complete basketcase by then. But this little scare has really opened my eyes, and ladies, it is time for a MAJOR overhaul on the food that is eaten in this house.

So far today I've not eaten much. I had a couple pieces of toast this morning and about 8 gummie bears a couple of hours ago. DH has me absolutely sick w/ worry. On a brighter note, I took Haleigh and had her hair cut today. It was all the way down to her butt, and I had it cut up to the middle of her shoulder blades and had bangs added in. She's adorable. As soon as dh brings the camera back, I'll take a new pic for my avatar.

I hate to run, but I've got to get up and actually DO something today, before this funk grabs hold of me.

I hope you all have a great day !
Jldsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 07:53 PM   #5  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Amanda, hopefully its not serious with your husband. My hubby is overweight too and he had shortness of breath and pains in his left arm. I was scared to death. Turns out his was from Acid Reflux. Sometimes those scares are the wake up calls ya need though. Scary. ((HUGS)) and well wishes for you.

I haven't been on here much. I've been so busy with the mommy things and the student things. Tiana had a regional dance competition. I've been kind of sick. ANd the other two girls have just been driving the whole family nuts. Par for the course.

I'm looking to stay on track though. I've exercised for two days in a row now. I need to just kick up the exercise a notch and do it every day. I feel so good afterwards. Well gotta get some dinner and take it down to the hubby person. He's doing some work on his van at his old place of employment and he's "starving to death"..lol

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 07:45 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 250/199/165

Height: 5 foot 9

Good Morning everyone. I feel like I am draggin this morning. I hurt my back doing pilates at home and I feel awful. I am still doing my workouts but at a modified level.

Amanda, I hope that it is not serious with your husband ..hopefully just a serious motivation for a healthy lifestyle overhaul.

Chris..you can do it with staying consistant. You will feel so much better long term if you do it.
Snoopysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 09:13 AM   #7  
Focus on the Process

Morning ladies...You would be so proud of me. I actually set my alarm to get me up 45 min. early and did a Walk and Kickbox workout video. Now, I'm just not a morning person, but I really really did it. Woo Hoo! That's 3 days of exercise for me.

Thanks for the Pep talk Jenni! I know I need some consistency, but sometimes its just good to hear the same advice from someone else. Have you tried The Method All-In-One Workout dvd. It combines dance with Pilates. It is really an effective workout. I love that one. Its not too hard, but you really sweat.

Gotta get ready for work!

~chris
Old 03-23-2006, 09:31 AM   #8  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Congrats Chris! I know what you mean about not being a morning person so that is great that you made the committment to get it done and you did.

Amanda- I will definitely be thinking about you and your husband. I hope it is not anything too serious. I can imagine your stress during this time.

I've exercised every day this week that I was supposed to. When I checked back over the month I saw that I've missed twelve days of exercise. I didn't even realize it had been that many days until I checked. So I am making a more concerted effort to exercise on all the days I'm supposed to. Only Sunday is supposed to be my rest days.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 10:08 AM   #9  

Good morning ladies! I am SO mad, LOL. You are not going to believe this. I finally tried out my elliptical and about 5 minutes into the workout IT BROKE!!! The peddle stripped... SO, I took it apart and DH and I are going to return it today. I am probably going to trade it for a weight bench... I cant believe it broke so soon. Oh well, at least it broke before i lost my receipt for it, then I would have been stuck w/ it...

I am going to try to get a work out in later, So far the only day i have exercised this week was Tuesday, and I feel horrible. My calories have been pretty good for the week though, so I can at least be happy about that.
DH and I are going to have lunch together today, I dont know where yet.

Tracy, Thank you for your thoughts. I am a worrier by nature and something like this just puts me in a tail spin. I'm being optimistic though, he's feeling fine now, and that was the first time he's ever had anything like that happen to him. SO hopefully it will turn out to be nothing.
Congrats on the daily exercise! I've really got to get my workout days scheduled and stick to them.

Chris, getting up 45 minutes early to exercise! That's awesome. Maybe I should try that, My neighbor is so kind as to honk his horn about 5 times every morning before he leaves for work, which of course wakes me up, so maybe i should just get up and exercise then, LOL. Or maybe I should sneak up there in the middle of the night and disconnect his horn, LOL

Anywho, I gotta get off here and wake up DH so we can take this POS elliptical back to kmart...Hope you all have a great day!
Old 03-23-2006, 10:07 PM   #10  
Focus on the Process

Amanda, my vote would be to disconnect the guys horn. Of course, you can always do the workout anyhow. I hate noisy people in the morning. When I wake up , it has to be on my terms....Slooowwwly and quietly.

Well of course I'd love to stay here and chat but tonight is CSI and ER. Can't miss those shows.

~chris
Old 03-24-2006, 10:39 AM   #11  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

I forgot to tell you guys about yesterday. I was too exhausted to post it to all the threads I post to. Yesterday I had an appointment and decided to walk. It was farther than I expected. 50 minutes there and 50 minutes back. I was so exhausted by the time I got home. But I got in 110 minutes of exercise. That was so cool. It was like doing two days worth of exercising in one day. So I feel like I made up for one of the days this month that I didn't exercise. As the weather continues to get warmer, I'm going to try to include walking into my regular routine. That way I get the added exercise and my daughter gets some fresh air. Plus my doctor really wants me walking. I tell him about the exercise I do and he's like, yeah, that's nice but I want you walking too.

Hope everyone has a good day today. I really need to get some cleaning done today.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 07:46 PM   #12  
Mommy9802

Wink Good Evening!

Good Evening Ladies! How is everyone doing? Good i hope! Things are going ok here....i am really stuffy today.....but i don't think i am getting the full blown cold back, which is a good thing! Anyways yesterday i cheated and me and DH went to Red Lobster last night because my MIL kept both kids for the night since the oldest is on Spring Break, so we had a "night" out which we have not had in a couple of months!! But it was good, and i got on the scale this morning and no weight gain, so i guess thats good!!

Amanda: WOW!! That sucks about your DH!! I hope everything is alright, if he starts getting real bad pain i would take him to the ER. When you called the doctor did you tell them the pains he was having?? I would think they would make a priority to see him! Try not to stress "too much" stay strong!!

Tea: WOW!! You have done AWESOME on your EXCERCISE this month!! YOU GO GIRL!!

Chris: Thats just one thing i can not get myself to do "yet" is be the kind of person that excercises in the morning, i enjoy my sleep too much to give it up to go excercise!! But i think i need to change that!!

Well ladies i need to jump off here gotta go make dinner, i will chat with you all real soon! Take care of yourselfs!! See you at wiegh in tommorrow!!

Alisha
mommy9802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 08:24 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 250/199/165

Height: 5 foot 9

Alisha..I think that it is great you got a date night with your hubby..and no gain is a bonus!

Tea.. you rock with your exercise. Doesn't it feel so great to do something like that?

My back still hurts..ugh.
Snoopysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 09:21 AM   #14  

Good morning ladies. Thank you all for your well wishes for my DH. The dr could have got him in sooner, but DH refuses to accept an appointment that will cause him to be late for work (VERY stubborn). He said he hasnt had any more pains in his chest, but his head hurts every time he tries to lift something or exert (spelling??) himself too much. I'm trying not to worry too much about it, because I'll just get depressed, and that's not good for any of us

Despite only being able to exercise 1 day this week, I still managed to lose a pound this week. I am at 200.4 This week I WILL hit 199! I bought a denise austin dvd the other day that has a cardio section and a strength training section. I'm going to try it out monday.

Goals for this week:
1. Exercise at least 30minutes 4 days this week
2. Keep Calories between 1500 and 1700
3. Drink at least 60oz of water per day
4. Reach 199!

I hope you all have a great day, and Good Luck on your weigh ins!
Old 03-25-2006, 10:12 AM   #15  
Focus on the Process

Looks like we are doing pretty awesome on staying on track. I didn't exercise yesterday morning. My ear and my neck hurt too bad, so I went to the doctor instead. My ears are blocked and not draining the way they're supposed to, so I have alot of pressure unequal pressures in them. I got put on prednisone and some nasal decongestants. I feel better this morning. My one ear still feels totally blocked and is still ringing but that ear has always been a problem for me.

Anyhow, I DID get to the gym with my sister last night. We're changing our routine up a bit and doing more cardio and less strength training. We need to burn the fat off our butts and thighs and tummies. I got 10 min on the crosstrainer (my butt hurts this morning)...15 min on the elliptical, and 20 on the treadmill.

My goal for the day is to do at least 20 min of exercise, 25 crunches, 25 lunges, and drink lots of water. Tonight, when we go to the monster truck races, I'm taking a protein bar with me and drinking water.

~chris