Old 10-10-2006, 12:42 PM   #46  

Good morning gals! Hope your day started out well!

Cheryl: Forgive me for being so wrapped up in my world I never noticed all the pain you are going through. I am sorry the situation with the FD didn't work out well and I am hoping the other one straightens up and flies right. I wouldn't want to have to raise children, especially teens, for anything anymore. Hope your stress rash and hives is going away. I will say a little prayer for you. Jack is having problems with his Niacin again and now on a regular basis. He is either having the flushing or two nights ago his hands swelled up, the palms turned bright red, and they itched. It took 2 Benadryl and several applications of Proctosol (which is a hydrocortizone cream for hemmorhoids of all things) to make it go down. It was the only thing I could think of that might work with the hydrocortizone for the itching an the ingredients in a hemmorhoid cream helping with the swelling. Ice did absolutely nothing to help. Yesterday, it happened on the sole of one of his feet. He got a big swelled up lump on it. I keep telling him to call his cardiologist, but he is waiting until his appt, which isn't until the 24th. DUMMY!

Today my hands are hurting so probably no knitting for me. I am also having some arthritic pain in my left shoulder and I think it is from the way I have been sitting on the couch to knit. I usually knit in the recliner, but with Jack being home, I let him occupy it all the time for now. It is going to be strange when he goes back to work in a couple weeks. I am used to the car being available all the time.

I think I am going to get a cake and have a mini birthday celebration for Jack and my son. Jack's birthday is today and my son's is the 22nd. They will be here sometime late Friday night or early Saturday morning so I think maybe we will celebrate on Saturday night. Maybe I can scrounge up enough money to take my son to his favorite BBQ place, the Rendevous, here in Memphis for his birthday. Now that he is in the business world, I bought him this gorgeous pair of charcoal Docker dress slacks, a black and gray striped Armani dress shirt and an Armani tie for his birthday (I bought them awhile ago and ON SALE before all this heart stuff happened) They look so nice together then I bought him this adorable sterling silver flip photo album with "My baby" on the front for his desk at work. I thought he needed a proud papa photo album to get him started when their baby is born.

Well, I am going to go sit and read for awhile then get up and clean the fronts of my kitchen cabinets. They are white and get dirty so easily. I have pages of chores again to clean house like I did when my sil came here to get done by Friday!

Have a great day everyone!

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 08:02 PM   #47  

Evening Ladies...Not too much going on here. Trying to get caught up on house work so I can sew the remainder of the week. Friday, Jim and I are leaving for a Foster Parent Confrence. We should get about 14 hours of training in, we need 32 each year to keep our license current.

Faye...Tell Jack Happy Birthday and also your son. Hope Jack has many more Birthdays. Men can be so stubborn, Jack really should go and see his doctor. Hope the swelling/itching ends real soon. Hope you are back at your knitting soon also, but I hear you about wanting to sit in the recliner. They are much more comfortable than a sofa.

Our weather has changed drastically, we are suppose to have snow coming in by 10 pm tonight and flurries off and on tomorrow. I'm really not ready for snow, but I'm sure the hunters are doing the happy dance.

Well I best get busy and decide what I'm going to eat for dinner tonight. Have a great evening.

Cheryl
Cheryl120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 08:45 AM   #48  

Good morning Gals...Just a quick pop-in before Jim and I leave for the weekend. Had my weigh-in at WW and I'm up 4 lbs...no surprise since I was stress eating everything in sight. Back on track with eating and exercise. Never made it up to sew the last couple of days, something to look forward too on Monday. Our weather has really changed, have had snow flurries the last couple of days and our high has been 27 with wind chill at 12. Time to pull the winter gear out for us and Ozzy.

Hope you ladies have a wonderful weekend. I know Jim and I can hardly wait for some time alone to relax, even though we are at a confrence.

Cheryl
Old 10-13-2006, 12:48 PM   #49  

Good morning gals! I have been busy busy already this morning. I had all the house cleaned but needed to move clothes out of my closet into the extra bedroom and my personal stuff and put clean sheets on the bed. We are giving our son and dil our bedroom because there is a king size bed in there and our son is 6'6". They also are bringing their schnauzer with his cage so that is the only place big enough for the cage. Jack still has to sleep on his back until his xray the 24th so will be sleeping in the recliner while there are here anyway and I will just sleep in the guest bedroom, which has a brand new double bed (the room is the smallest of the three and can only handle a double bed with the other furniture in there.)

I almost done with the one piece sweater. I will be so excited to get it finished and see how it turned out. I have never knitted a sweater before and had some "issues" with the crummy instructions for this one, including an error, but ripping out and starting over where I had to and fixing the mistake and now I have a handle on it. I am finishing knitting the front right side then I can bind off and sew up all the seams and put on the buttons and the loops and I will be done. It really is a cute sweater and the matching blanket and then this cute hat pattern I found that I am going to make will make a cute Christmas package for the new baby to be this year without a lot of expense. I am going to buy some essentials like diapers, wipes, paccies etc for the baby for Christmas, but that will be it until after Christmas. I would love to make my grandson a matching pullover sweater of the same yarn as I have lots and lots, but I am not sure he would wear it. I may try and get it done anyway.

Cheryl: Have a good time at the conference. It is always nice to get away. Jack and I are going in December to Nashville to Christmas shop so I am excited about that since we haven't taken a trip at all this year with all the heart issues. We usually take 3-4 short ones than a long one to Vegas.

Everyone have a great weekend. I need to hunt up the hat pattern for the baby.

Faye
Old 10-13-2006, 02:32 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Do any of you order fabric online?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:19 PM   #51  

Evening Ladies...Jim and I had a wonderful weekend and got to relax some. Had a lot of classes to attend. I so happy that a gal from our group won the quilt I made. I know it is going to a good home and will be taken care of.

Faye...Can't wait to see a picture of the sweater and blanket. Bet you can't wait for your trip to Nashville. I would like Jim and I to take to Minneapolis to do some Christmas shopping, but the weather is always an issue for us.

Susan...Welcome!! Hope you stay and visit with us. Yes I buy fabric at several places on line and have never had a problem. If you are interested, let me know and I will send you a personal message.

Cheryl
Old 10-15-2006, 11:05 PM   #52  

Thanks Cheryl, I was looking for the perfect shabby rose fabric for my kitchen but was pretty shocked at the prices online and couldn't find anything locally. I had a duh moment and went looking on ebay. I have a bid in on a set of curtains (already made DUH!) and a couple of extra panels that I can cover my chairs with.
We just moved into a smaller house and I'm really enjoying pretty-ing it up. It was kinda neglected and plain looking
I'd love some links ... you're very kind to offer. Thank you.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:14 PM   #53  

Hi Girls...I'm trying to get back on track and it was really hard for some reason today. I was doing so good and then I have just fallen off the wagon. Time to give me a swift kick, Girls. I sure need it!!!! Had to go to town and get some shopping done and go to the bank. Came out of the bank and the car wouldn't start. No cell phone! Forgot it at home, but the bank was nice enough to let me use the phone and call AAA. Turned out to be the starter, but the guy was nice enough to hit the starter with a hammer and got it started so I could get it home. I called Jim and he bought a starter on his way home and will put it in in the next couple of days. I have a free motion quilting class to go to tomorrow. Hope I catch on real fast and that I enjoy it. Jim is going to take me down for the class, and while I'm at class he will get new tires put on his car. Seems that once we get the vehicles paid off, they start to fall apart. Have a great evening.

Cheryl
Old 10-18-2006, 04:13 PM   #54  

Hello Girls...Where is everybody? Hope you all are fine. Went and took a class on free motion quilting yesterday. Going to take lots of practice, but I really enjoyed the class. Going to try and practice 15 minutes or more everyday, till I get the hang of it. Would really be nice if I could do the finishing quilting on smaller items.

Went to WW today and I'm up .3 lbs. Probably the weight of my socks. LOL Cool and windy here today, 34 for our high. Hasn't deterred the bugs though!

Bought some real pretty fabric, cream with gold starts for the backing of a quilt.
Hope to get it to the quilters tomorrow if I get it sewed together this afternoon. My baby quilt will be ready to pick up tomorrow, good thing since my grandson will be arriving on Tuesday. I also picked up a baby blanket that a customer wants me to embroider the babys name and birth date on. Hope to get to that tomorrow as well.

Still plugging away and trying to get my eating in control. I've done good so far today. Had yogurt for breakfast and a chicken sandwich at subway, with extra vegtables and a cup of chili. Plan on having soup for dinner tonight, so I am well below points for the day.

~Cheryl
Old 10-19-2006, 08:34 PM   #55  

Evening Ladies...Not a good day. Broke a needle while doing some machine embroidery for a customer. Put a hole in the blanket and the tip of the needle is stuck under the bobbin case. Makes a scraping noise when I turn the hand wheel. Have to take it to the repair shop hopefully tomorrow. Had to go to town to buy another blanket and I got my other machine out and had the blanket done in 4 minutes. I'm already in the hole $20 for this job. I hope things go better tomorrow.

Cheryl
Old 10-20-2006, 06:31 AM   #56  

Good morning gals! I have been plugging away at my knitting. I have the hat and sweater finished (see pic) and halfway done with the matching blanket. I have yarn for another sweater and had, another blanket of a different kind and a third bunch of yarn I just ordered and haven't decided what to make with it. I think I would like to make some kind of rompers, but we will see.

Jack is still having a lot of trouble with weird swelling of his hands and feet. He will swell, itch and it takes about 24-48 hours to go away then it pops up someplace else. It only occurs on his hands and feet though. He is going to try and get into the doctor's today and have them take a look at it and see if they can run some tests to see what is causing it. We are totally stumped as we have ruled out food, detergent etc allergies, medication allergies, etc. Even my dil couldn't come up with anything and she is a pharmacist.

Cheryl: Hope you can get your sewing machine repaired soon so you can get back to your sewing.

Hope everyone has a great day. It has turned cool here now so it won't be long and we will need to put the electric blanket on the bed and use the furnace. Jack gets cold pretty quickly when the weather turns.

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 11-30-2006 at 04:56 AM.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:55 PM   #57  

Afternoon gals! Got the Suburban back this afternoon and it only cost us $54 to get the starter put in. Now for Jim to get the heater fixed in it. Sure could of used it today, we had a high of 32 and my hands sure were cold on the drive home. Looks like it is going to be a very cold weekend. We are having temps that we normally have in Nov.

Faye...Your sweater sure is cute....Hope Jack finds out what is causing him to swell and itch. I'm sure glad I have a backup sewing machine to use when the other one is on the fritz.

Got to go find something to fix for dinner. Have a good evening.

Cheryl
Old 10-23-2006, 08:20 PM   #58  

Evening Gals...Just a quick pop-in to say I'm down 2 lbs. Finally getting my act together and back on program. Hope to be at my ticker weight by next week.

Hope you all had a nice weekend. Check back tomorrow.

Cheryl
Old 10-25-2006, 07:59 PM   #59  

Hi...Where is everyone? Hope you gals are fine and still on program. Have some great news, my grandson arrived yesterday afternoon and he weighed 9 lbs 6 oz, 19 inches long. His name is Peyton. Have a good evening.

Cheryl
Old 10-25-2006, 08:40 PM   #60  

Hi Cheryl, I just wanted to let you know that in my search for fabric, I found curtains for my kitchen on ebay (thank you very much). It takes sooo long for mailed stuff to get here and I'm anxious to get them. Then I can paint!
There was a spare panel that I'm going to make seat covers out of. I got the cutest wrought iron bistro chairs at a second hand store.
My kitchen's going to be sooo cute!

I'm also anxious to get at some fresh winter knitting. I have just a couple more rows on an afghan for our nephew and his wife and then I have to put fringes on it. Oi that's a long drawn out affair. But I'm not starting anything new until it's done!

Peyton's a nice name! Congratulations to all concerned.