Old 09-07-2006, 07:29 AM   #16  

Good morning ladies! Hope all is well with you today. Our temps have come down so it is pleasant outside most of the day, but they say it is going to be near 90 over the weekend so here we go again I guess.

Jean: I pay all the bills and Jack has no clue how much or if there is any money. I guess we really should sit down and go over where the budget is at on the computer, where I stash the bills (though I think he knows where they are) what the passwords etc are on the accounts I pay online. I do have a spreadsheet I made up that lists everything that goes out, how much and when the due date is. If I died I have our budget done through March of next year and all he would have to do is follow that and by then he could have his own system. I shudder to think what that would be. At least, he is the bread winner so he wouldn't be without money. I, however, would be screwed if he died. We have about $200,000 in life insurance on him, but I would lose both his city pay AND his Navy retirement if he died now. If he passes away after he retires from the city, I will get his pension but that is 9 years away. I would have to find a job if he died, but at least there would be money to live on until I could get something.

Susan: You must have posted when I did because somehow I completely missed your post about your office yesterday. I can't take mold either so I know how you must feel. Besides, it just stinks to high heaven until it is all cleaned up. I am surprised they are letting anyone work in it. It isn't really safe for anybody to work around mold.

I am doing the upstairs bathrooms today and the dusting. I also came downstairs and didn't get the bed made so have to do that. Jack was teasing me about my to do list before company gets here for his surgery. I have "make sure everything is clean." He just rolled his eyes and said, "Honey, clean for most people is pig sty to you so I wouldn't worry too much about how clean the house is." Hey, it keeps my mind occupied too.

Everyone have a great day. Hopefully, Susan, you are drying out. We haven't gotten a drop of rain here and are down I think they said 9 inches for the year or something.

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:55 AM   #17  

Stan's surgery will be at 11 am on Monday. Now that it has been scheduled, it has become a reality. Before it was a possibility. It's depressing both of us but I'm trying to keep up a good front for him.

Faye, you can come clean my house anytime you want. I'm going to paint and clean carpet while he's in rehab.

Have a good day.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 05:35 PM   #18  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! It's been another beautiful day in my corner of the world. School was the same thing just a different day. I did read two tests today and that was different, I guess. Bob is off doing chores and I should be thinking of supper. I had planned to go to the grocery store, but had free sample meds to pick up at the doctor's office and spaced out the grocery run. Oh well, I'm sure there is something in the freezer to eat.

"Gma" -- If you check into investing part of the life insurance money, could you live on the interest payments? That is how Bob has his retirement fund(s) set up. He has a couple of different ones because the company has changed their plans over the years. The one now they will match his contribution once he had been there 10 years. In Nov. it will be 25 years for him. Sometimes he wishes he would have stayed in the ANG, but after Vietnam all of the young guys got out while the old guys stayed in. We moved around too much for him to keep switching units. I'm sure your cleaning chores give you something else to think about. I think Jack is right about what you call clean. Bob always says we should clean after the company has been here not before.

Susan -- I'm glad you have the surgery date. The sooner it is over the sooner you both can get on with the rehab. I will be thinking of you and sending prayers your way.

Have a nice evening and a fantastic Friday tomorrow! I am ready for the weekend!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 07:49 AM   #19  

Good morning gals! Well we had another afternoon of it yesterday. Jack called yesterday morning around lunchtime complaining of the chest pains again. We discussed it and I repeatedly told him that if he felt bad to come home and we would go to the hospital. He finally came home around 1 PM and I took him to the ER. They ran an EKG, blood enzymes and xray and found nothing. His heart sounded good, his bp was good etc. They sent him home with a nitroglycerin derivative saying they thought it might be spasms. We are now thinking it is the niacin he is taking. I contacted my dil who is a pharmacist and ask her is it could be one of the rare side effects to this medicine. He started these pains in June of this year, he started the niacin in February of this year then had the flushing symptoms around the same time as these weird pains started so I am beginning to think it is this medicine. If she says it might be I am talking to the surgeon on Tuesday and finding out for sure.

Susan: I know this is so tough on both of you! You guys are in my prayers and thoughts all the time and we hope it all comes out well for him!

Jean: Well, I thought it would be prudent for me to pay off the mortgage as it is only about 40,000 left and buy a new car so I wouldn't have a bunch of issues with the current one as it has a lot of miles on it now then probably investing some, and getting a job. It will work out and the kids won't let me starve or anything if something did happen. I don't have a PROBLEM going back to work, it is just getting someone to hire me! I have secretarial skills, but between my size and the fact I haven't worked in over 4 years it is hard to get someone to hire me. My weight and bad knee prevents me from working on my feet like a grocery store or Walmarts or something so I have to find a sit down job of some sort if I have to go back to work.

I hope you gals have a great weekend. It is going to be hotter than the devil here again this weekend. I just hope my poor hubby gets to feeling better. This medicine he is on gives him a headache so he is trading one symptom for another and if he has more of those stupid pains today I am going to call the dr and tell them so he can quit taking it. They are NOT chest pains so he is in no danger if he quits the stupid stuff and if it doesn't help it is dumb to take it.

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote