Old 11-01-2006, 09:43 AM   #1  

Default Over 50 & Getting Lighter Nov/Dec

Morning Ladies...Here is our new home for the next couple of months. Be back later to post.

cheryl
Cheryl120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 08:23 PM   #2  

Donna...So happy the fairy fat mother paid you a visit. I stayed the same this week, so I guess that's a good thing. Here's a picture of the baby quilt. I'm having problems with the computer, so I'll chat with you later.

Cheryl
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MVC-568S.jpg (49.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg MVC-569S.jpg (46.6 KB, 11 views)
Old 11-03-2006, 10:46 PM   #3  

Hello...Hope you all are having or going to have a good weekend. Wednesday weigh-in was good...I stayed the same...very happy about that. Hope the fairy fat mother pays me a visit this week, I would really like to be back at ticker weight. chat with you all later.

Cheryl
Old 11-07-2006, 02:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 158/141/130

Height: 5' 1"

Good afternoon ladies, whereever you are?? Been pretty quiet here I see.

Did everyone go and VOTE today ? I was # 8 in our precinct, then went

to breakfast with some girl friends.

Started a really good exercise program yesterday, now to keep it up. I was

surprised that I wasn't really sore today.

CHERYL: your quilt is so cute, the baby will love it. Are you still having problems with your computer? How maddening that can be.

LUFLIC: How are you feeling? Haven't heard from you in awhile, hope you are getting along all right.

And where is our new gal? hope we didn't scare you off.

Will post more later in the week, right now I have to get my charting done.
Have a great day everyone. DONNA
Donna72664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 09:54 PM   #5  

Hi Ladies...Hope you all are having a good day and got out there and voted. Things are going well for me, doing good so far on my eating. Hope the scales show a loss tomorrow.

Donna...What kind of exercise program did you start? Glad you weren't sore. I got a new book yesterday that I ordered from my book club and it's great! It's called "Our Lady Of Weight Loss". If you get a chance, check it out. It's good for a good laugh. Some of the chapters are...Our Lady Suffers from Constant Cravings"...Our Lady Eats a Dozen Delectable Morsels". She has a lot of good advice and also the Ten Commandments of Perment Fat Removeal.

Today I got some more sewing done, but my machine started to make a clicking noise when the needle was in the far left position. So I'm taking it back to the repair shop on Thursday. Cut out the pj tops this morning and I ordered the turtle design I'm going to embroider on them tonight. Can't wait to see how they will turn out.

Cheryl
Old 11-08-2006, 11:58 AM   #6  

Good morning CHERYL: Gosh how I envy you your sewing talents. I used to

sew a little when my girls were small but nothing like you tackle. I'm afraid

my grandkids would be mortified if I tried to sew something for them to wear.

The exercises I started I found on Real Age.com. The doctors that wrote the

book 'You on a Diet' have a spot on there with all sorts of interesting stuff. Be

sure to check it out.

Got some of my Christmas shopping done this past weekend. Now this coming

weekend we are going out to Wyoming to see my DH's mother. She just

moved into an assisted living facility. Will hopefully get some more shopping in.

Time will get away from me if I don't keep after it. Can't believe that we are

only 2 weeks from Thanksgiving. My girls haven't decided what they want to

do yet. Youngest one has a new family to deal with now so hope we don't get

left out. Know she will try to work around it all and we are pretty flexable.

Better run and finish folding some laundry for the clinic. Talk to you soon.

DONNA
Old 11-09-2006, 08:04 PM   #7  

Hi Donna...Got my sewing machine fixed this morning and I feel like such an idiot.
I didn't have the needle in correctly, so it made the noise and wouldn't thread it's self. I'm hoping the grandkids like what I made them. With 8, it's getting expensive to buy for everone for Christmas and I also have 4 with birthdays in December as well.

Have a safe trip to Wyoming this weekend. We are going in May to pick up a car my Hubby just bought, by then the weather should be nice.

I got some Christmas/birthday shopping done last weekend and also today. Now I need to get the sewing projects finished in the next couple of weeks so I can get everything mailed off. FD has no school tomorrow, so I hope to spend the day sewing.

Have a good weekend.

Cheryl
Old 11-10-2006, 12:58 PM   #8  

Hi Cheryl: Don't feel bad about the sewing machine, I did that once with a tv years ago. Some switch had gotten turned. Guess we have to be human once in awhile. LOL

I'm really worried about Luflic, I hope she got through her surgery alright and is recovering nicely. We haven't heard from her in a long time now.

Sounds like it will be a cool weekend, but that's ok, better than terribly hot
Feels like moisture in the air today. Weather was reporting some light snow
way up north of us near the SD border.

You have a great weekend and keep that sewing machine hummin, Christmas is just around the corner.
DONNA
Old 11-13-2006, 04:13 PM   #9  

Hi Donna...How was your trip to Wyoming? Hope you had good roads and the weather was nice.

The weather was cool, but nice this past weekend. Took a friends son to the movies on Saturday to see "Flush Away". Pretty cute, and he enjoyed it.

I'm busy trying to finish up a few Christmas projects. Have a friend coming over tomorrow to use my machine and sew out a Pluto design on something. Means I need to go up and clean my room before she comes. I have so many flies, boxelder bugs and japanese beetles. Be kinda of glad when the really cold weather gets here, maybe they will go away. LOL

Got my head back where I need it, and motivated to stay on program. Have done soooo good today with my food choices and I have my cross stitch out to keep my hands busy tonight. Got a Mexican stew simmering on the stove for dinner tonight, going to add a salad to go with it. Now to get the body moving again.

Cheryl
Old 11-14-2006, 02:23 PM   #10  

Hi Cheryl, We had a good weekend. It snowed on Sunday morning but didn't last long and didn't accumulate. It was pretty cool and awfully windy on our trip home. Now they are calling for 30-50 mph winds tonight and possibly 1-3 inches of snow.Oh Yippee, but guess it is that time of year. M-I-L sent
home her noodle maker with me,doubt if I ever use the darn thing,but she wanted us to have it.

Think I am finished with the main part of my Christmas shopping. Of course as it gets closer I think of all sorts of things that I think I need to buy. Have to get my decorations out and decide which ones I need to replace,it would be fun just to buy all new but know that is out of the question.

I should get my cross stitch out again,I have been doing a lot of reading and I kind of forget that I have it, have at least 2 projects that I started last winter and didn't get finished because they were so involved. I really enjoy doing cross stitch. What types of things do you do? My biggest project is a sampler that has so many color changes it just made me crazy

Hope you have a good day and I will talk to you again soon.

DONNA
Old 11-14-2006, 08:26 PM   #11  

Hi Donna...Glad you had a good trip and no snow to really deal with. I keep waiting to wake up to the white stuff, but so far no snow in sight for at least a week, which is just fine with me. I like 40 degree plus weather so I can keep my heat down.

I like to read, do quilting/sewing, counted cross stitch, watch old movies and listen to all types of music except, rap, heavy metal and some rock groups. I listen mostly to smooth jazz.

I got two aprons together today, but have to rip out the bottom ruffle and finish the side of the apron and put the ruffle back on. It's a new pattern I bought at a quilt shop and I have to go back and rewrite the instructions. My friend came ovefr this afternoon, and I sewed out Pluto on the front of the shirt and also on the back yoke of the shirt. Turned out real cute. Hope I get my new embroidery card I ordered tomorrow in the mail, I really want to finsih the pj tops for my grandkids.

Have a good night and I'll talk to you later.

Cheryl
Old 11-15-2006, 10:19 AM   #12  

Good morning Cheryl, well we lucked out and didn't get anything the weatherman promised us. Wind blew most of the night but not like they had predicted and the snow lasted maybe 5 minutes. The sun is shining and it is 30 now and suppose to get up to 50,PERFECT!! Sounds like our weekend will be pretty nice so we should be able to get the lights up outside.

I love to read, our library always has a table of books that they are selling. They are 10 cents for paperback and a quarter for hard. Got 4 hardbacks yesterday. I figure if I don't llike them I'm not out anything and I don't have to worry about getting them read so I can get them back on time. I mostly like history,fact or fiction and who done its. Not real big on the love stories.
As for music I mostly listen to country as that is what my husband and boss both listen to all the time.But I love the big band sound and the WW2 era,
guess that was what I was raised with.I enjoy some movies but don't take the time to watch too many. Can't remember the last time we went out to a movie. Guess I just can't sit still that long,at least at home you can move around and do other things. I'm terrible about multi tasking. Sometimes it makes DH upset that I try to do too many things at the same time.

Got most of the dishes washed up that I brought back from Wyoming this weekend. Now to find a place to put them! Probably end up back in the box and in the basement Hope I never have to move, it would be a huge disaster.

Better go and get my files ready for the day and have notes to deliver to the doctors before noon. Will talk to you later. Have a good day!!

DONNA
Old 11-15-2006, 10:22 PM   #13  

Hi Donna...Just a quick pop-in to say I'm down 2.5 pounds. Guess that talking I gave myswelf worked, plus watching what I put in my mouth and writting it down keeps me accountable.

Glad you didn't get any of the white stuff ...50! I'm soooooo jealous. We were lucky to see 34 today.

Cheryl
Old 11-16-2006, 02:45 PM   #14  

Way to go Cheryl, 2.5 lbs. That must have been some talk!!!

Whatever you said really worked. I'm so proud of you. Keep up the good

work. I think writing it down always helps, I just hate doing it, but maybe

I'd better try it again. DONNA
Old 11-16-2006, 08:00 PM   #15  

Hi Donna...Think this thread is beginning to turn into the Cheryl and Donna thread. Sure hope Luflic is alright and will be back with us real soon.

I got a new book through my book club and it has gotten me back on program. It's called "Our Lady of Weight Loss", by Janice Taylor. Gave me the motivation to get my tush in gear and also some laughs. If you get a chance, try to read it.

My scales had me down another 2 pounds this morning. At this rate, I hope to be back at ticker weight before bird day. Just hope I can stay in control and not stuff myself.

Cheryl