1lb. Down And Plenty More To Go!

You're on Page 24 of 38
Go to
  • Hey gang, i have been doing really well since friday, my last "off day". So i maintained last week and have been busy trying to double up on the loss for this week. I have been to the gym twice since surgery and did okay, just did lower body and cardio...so that works. Plan on going back tomorrow so i am excited. I have done really well with eating...less than 1400 cals a day since my dreaded cinnamon roll incedent. So back on track all the way.

Jelynn- Wow 28 minutes of running. Good job. I think i am going to do that challenge when i hit Onederland...dont know if i my knees can handle it right now, but i would love to do it one day. Good to hear from you again.

Cheryl- Good for you for staying strong in the food court. Thats a tough one. My shoulder and back and doing better, itching like crazy...but slowly healing, thank you for asking.

Robbin- WOW, 2teens...how exciting...i would have been doing happy dance too. Now the platuea is over, arent you SO SO glad you stuck with it and kept on doing the hard work...so nice to see if pay off.

ELEM- You are so funny with the Lasix...i have done the same thing ...i love it. Too funny. Good for you though. I wouldn't have thought it would make a 3-4 pound difference though. That is crazy to be holding that much extra water. You are right about my cinnamon roll cals, at least this time around i am working it off...not just feeling so guilty about it that i had to go get some icecream to make it feel better, ha ha. I am so glad to be out of the eating/depression cycle...now i splurge, get mad at myself, and go work it off at the gym and then behave myself for a while, instead of wallowing in my misery and eating to feel better...now i exercise to feel better.

Jtammy- 2 pounds. Woohoo. Can you even believe you have come this far? That is just wonderful. Hope you like the cooking light website...i use their stuff all the time. I get SO burnt out on same old healthy dishes...their stuff spices it up a bit. They always have a dinner of the day idea or something like that.

Ok, time to get the kiddies in bed.
  • Hey girls sorry I haven't been here for a couple of days, I have been very busy with work, kids and my Family Support Group. It is getting closer to our Christmas Party for the Soldiers and I have had lots to do. Our party is always early in December and this year it is the 9th so we really have lots to do to get ready.

Sunday night and Yesterday I ate really well stayed on calories, fat grams and carbs but my sodium was way over the top and today I am paying for it. The scales were up to 220 and my hands are so swollen I can't get my rings off at all. I am gonna chug the water and hope it helps.

Sorry for not doing personals but I am kinda in a funk about hubby leavin in May still and just do not feel up to it. I will try to get some done soon.

I better get to work, check back later .
  • Good to hear from you Stacy and (((hugs))) Robbin. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Where are all the rest of you???
  • Hey ladies I am not trying to avoid any of you I just am really busy and been having a hard time getting out of my funk. Scales are up to 220 but I know it is water weight cause I have been staying on plan very very good.

Gotta get to work. to you all.
  • Morning ladies, just checking in real quick. I am with you emily...where is everybody? Made it to the gym this morning, so that lifted my spirits. I am up 3 pounds from ticker weight...something has got to give. I havent been to the gym nearly as much as i wanted. When i got back from the gym and weighed i was only one pound up from ticker so i think i am holding some water or something. I hope to make it to the gym tomorrow and get down to 248 by weeks end...come on fairy fat mother, hear my cry.

Robbin- I think it is really commendable that you can stay on plan with all that is on your mind. Good for you.

later gators
  • Hi Ladies -- It really is pretty quiet here since the last time I was here. Still just hanging in there and taking it one day at a time. I so wish that I could get myself refocused and back on track again, but it's just not in me yet. I've pretty much just been maintaining my weight. I hope all of you are having a nice day.

ROBBIN...Sorry you're down in a funk, but I've been feeling that way too and it's no fun. Hope your day gets better!
  • Hi Gang...Just a quick check in tonight to see how everyone is doing.

Stacy...What is up with the scales? I was down 2 lbs yesterday and then today is weigh in day at WW and I'm up 1.5!! I'm totally bumed!!! I've been drinking water like a camel and live in the bathroom at night. Woke up this morning, and I couldn't get my rings off if my life depended on it, so I'm retaining water. It just seems so hard trying to get these last 3 pounds off to get back to my ticker weight.

Robbin...I hear you!! I've been good about what I eat, but the scales are moving the wrong way, and now we are going into the Holiday season. I need to wire or super glue my mouth shut. LOL

Michelle...Have you sprouted webb feet? Hope you are staying dry and feeling better. Oregon/Washington is sure getting the rain. Michelle, we were 70 today, but that's all changing as I write. Going to be back to the 30's tomorrow. Oh well, winter is only 6 months long.

I'm off to the big city tomorrow to get my sewing machine looked at again. I was making PJ's for my grandkids and it makes a clanking noise when it is in the far left needle position. Not a normal sound. I'm also taking a class to learn how to use my software for doing machine embroidery.

Have a good night.

Hugs...Cheryl
  • Hey girls, just want to let you know I'm still here. I've been down in the gutter these past few days (weeks it feels). I've been wallowing in the fact that I'm wasting so much time trying to get back to my old determination to beat this. I've come to some realizations and am trying to find it again. I had a pretty good day today. Ate really well, drank nearly 3L of water and did 25 minutes on the elliptical (first time to exercise in nearly a week and a half). Feeling a little positive for the first time in a while. Hoping that it will stick. Be back to do personals hopefully tomorrow. My mom is with me and that usually means not alot of time to myself to spend typing on the computer. LOL! Have a great one!
    Tina
  • Ok girls I am gonna fit in a few personals. I know I am really behind and I apologize for that. I have been in a small funk because my husband is now 100% sure he will be leaving for Iraq in May. Before there was a tiny tiny chance he would not go but now there is no such chance. So I have been kinda bummed but I am feeling better today and will make it through this it will not be the first time I have had to handle it, just a long time since the last one.

Stacy – I am so glad to hear you did not let surgery get you down. You have stuck it out and kept to your routine as best as you could, way to go girl.

Emily – Thanks for the support it really helps.

Michelle – Try to just give yourself a little time to get back in to the swing. I know if I had to handle what you have gone through I do not know if I would have been able to deal with food as well as you.

Cheryl – I do not understand the scales here lately either. I will go to a new low such as right now 218 then bounce back up a pound or two which this morning was 220. That is so aggravating. But I am with you on the WWW because I have not been able to get my rings off for anything. They have been very loose but now tight tight tight.

Tina – We both have got to get our groove back and we will but we need a good swift kick I guess. I haven’t exercised in a while either and really have got to get back into it. I guess that could be a reason the scales act so funny on me.

Well girls I gotta get to work I have tons to do today. Check back later.
  • Good morning. Well getting ready to start my day and thought i would check in. i am feeling pretty good today...nervous about tomorrow...weigh in day. I am 2 pounds up from ticker weight...gotta go work it at the gym. I watched biggest loser last night and i get so pumped up...thinking, i will work out for hours tomorrow, if they can do it, so can i. Then tommorrow comes and i think...hmm, 1 hour is good. ha ha. I just dont know how they do it. But i am determined to make today the best i can towards my goal.

TINA- I am wallowing too...oh poor me and my surgery, i cant be at 100% ....wallow, wallow, wallow. Sounds like you are doing well though, even if your heart isnt completely in it. I know what you mean about skipping the exercise for a day or two...mine has been terribly sporatic for the past couple of weeks. Glad you checked in though, i was starting to wonder about you. It is a bummer that no one can get us re-motivated, nothing anyone says can light that fire back under your butt...it just has to come from within and i think i struggle with that motivation on and off most days too here lately.

CHERYL- Oh Cheryl, that is SO frustrating about the WW weigh in ...that is just the worst...i can SO relate. I have heard of some women on this site that just go with whatever their lowest weight for the week was but with weight watchers it is kind of hard to do that. Just focus on the fact that it probably means you will be down double pounds next week and keep it in your head that just a day or two ago you were down pounds...so it is probably just that evil water weight. I am fighting with getting back to my ticker weight too...surgery really threw me off more than i thought it would. My ticker is ONE SINGLE POUND away from another dragonfly and being out of the 250's and i have been one pound away for weeks...lets go kidnap the fairy fat mother.

Michelle- At least you are not gaining....maintaning at a time like this is a big step in the right direction.

ROBBIN- Good to hear you are staying on plan...the scale will make up its mind soon. I think we are all battling water weight this week.

ok, i am off to the gym, got a lot to get done today.
  • Hi

Just popped in to say I'm still around but I'm posting more in the Featherweight forums now - the support issues now that I'm near goal are different, But I do still read the thread and it's nice to catch up with you.

This is a pic I took of me today - I'm really happy with the way things are going. I still have a few lumps and bumps around my belly and abs that I need to get rid of but I feel fantastic! I hope to be goal by Christmas, making it exactly a year!

• Hey girlies!! Wish i could say i was ready to get ya'll pumped up with my enthusiasm and dedication, but unfortunatley i seem to have caught the bug of fading enthusiasm running through this thread.

Girls, what are we gonna do????????????? We deserve this ladies! We deserve to be healthy and fit and to be able to enjoy life to the fullest!!! There is a future out there waiting for us that is amazing, we have got to stop shooting ourselves in the foot and postponing a freedom and satisfaction that we have tasted of but not yet fully known!!! We need to be joining Robsia on the featherweight threads!!

What do ya'll think about making a no negativity goal here for a while. No matter what your situation we have got to find the positive in it and post that! We are all going to have bad days and there is nothing wrong with that but, we have got to get out of whiny mode and put some hooha back in our lifestyles so we can get to where we want to be!

SO here's some positive energy coming your way~~~~~~~~~~ and i pray that all of you have a fantastic day!

PS i moved my ticker to my actual weight. I am kind of feeling like if I own up to where i really am it may get me out of the denial i am in about not really doing what i need to do!!! Also I am trying to back off of daily weighing so that my focus is not the numbers but the lifestyle i am living.
  • Ya know what Erin I am with you. No more negative for me. The scales are still stuck at 220 after my low of 218 but you know what at least they are not at the 222 they were last week. If I had to see that number again I would throw the scales in the toilet and watch them drown. I am gonna have a tough weekend but I am gonna try to get in as much exercising as I can to try to offset any bad eating I do. We are going to some friends tomorrow night just to hang out and plan on ordering pizza but I will have a salad added to the order to stay on the good. We are also going to be doing some Christmas shopping over the weekend so hopefully the added walking to my exercise will help the scales. I am shooting to get back to ticker by Monday.

Well gotta get to work. Hope everyone has a great day!
  • LADIES...Yesterday DH and I took DD to a college visitation, and we definitely got in tons of walking, but it felt good! The college is about 45 minutes away from our home, but she would live on campus, and we could pick her up on weekends and holidays, if she wanted to. I will definitely miss her, but I said atleast this way, she would be living there, but we would still see her more than if she went off somewhere far away, and she'll still be getting her independence. Hope all of you have a wonderful Friday!!!
  • Hello and sign me up for "Erins positive thinking inititive" . I will brag about the one pound i DID lose at weigh in this morning and NOT moan and groan that it wasnt more. I am always just happy to see the scale move in the right direction. But even thought it was just 1.2 pounds, it was enough to get me out of the 250's and allowed me to add another dragonfly. So

Michelle- College for your daughter sounds so exciting.

Robbin- We are doing some Christmas shopping this weekend too. Gosh it will be here before you know it. I think 220 is great ....that is 2 pounds down from that stall at 222, and evenso, i bet 218 is just around the corner.

Erin- I think your positive thinking is a great idea. I am feeling more pumped up already. Your words are incredibly motivating about, no more postponing freedom and satisfaction, no more shooting ourselves in the foot. Thanks, i needed that. I am going to look on the bright side, as far as not being able to work out my upper body, yesterday at the gym that allowed me to get in 45 minutes of cardio instead of the regular 30...so it works out fine.

Robsia- So glad to hear from you and know that you are doing well and sticking to it. You'll be in that bikini come summer.

Ok, lunch hour is coming to a close...back to work for me...at least it is friday.