Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 06:10 PM   #331  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Default Happy Thursday!

Hello, Hello, Hello! How is everyone doing?! Boy, I have been busy today. A LOT of running around. My husband has decided to get a new vehicle. He has a VW Passat (little car) and with this latest snow fall has had some issues with getting stuck. ((of course I laugh)), but not only that, it's becoming a little annoying that it costs $200-$400 everytime it gets an oil change because they keep "finding" things. It is a 98' and time for it to go. So today he buys a Nissan Frontier (midsize truck) that will be here by next week. Of course I'm totally jealous when the command start is included, but the salesman throws one in for me too!! So, I've been busy chauffering Alyssa around and picking up hubbys car from step-son, cleaning it and driving it to the dealership for an evaluation, back to step-sons and then back to pick up Alyssa from a friends house.

Stacy, give yourself some time to heal girl. The back surgery sounds like it could be really painful..ouch! Take it easy and don't worry about those scales this week. Just keep your eating in line and plenty of water. You'll burn off those calories as soon as your well enough to.

Robbin, at least there's a little movement today. I think we're all victims of crazy scale readings, the best thing to do is have faith in what you're doing because you know it's better than giving in to it.

I gotta scoot and start thinking dinner. It's grilled salmon tonight!

ttfn!
~Tina
Old 11-02-2006, 08:58 PM   #332  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

HI guys, I’m finally getting a chance to catch up. I’ve been reading all week, as I’ve had time, I just haven’t had a chance to post. Thanks to everyone who congratulated me on hitting the 120 lb mark. Sometimes I even inspire myself , then other times I look at myself and I can’t see any difference. I feel fatter than ever at times.
Michelle, What a difference between the two photos. It’s remarkable! I just read about the few hundred trick or treaters at your sisters house. Good heavens! We had about 20 kids, which was more than we’ve had the last couple of years. Hannah (my 12 YO DD) went trick or treating this year, but it was kind of sad since she’s old enough that this will be her last year to go. She was dressed as “Miss America” wearing my old prom dress. She looked really cute. Hope you’re doing okay. I’m still thinking about you and your family.

Cheryl, Congratulations on the new grandson! Is he your first grandchild or do you have others? I love your idea about charging for lights on and taking up the clothing found on the floor. I’ll have to think about doing that in my house. I stay cold from October until March and I live in Mississippi, where we have mild winters. I don’t think I could bear your weather. I’m even more cold natured lately after losing some of my “insulation”. I hope it warms up some for you.

Erin, It’s good to see you posting again. You have done great at losing weight. Just because you haven’t hit an arbitrary number by a certain date is nothing to get discouraged about. I’m talking to myself also, as I had hoped to be there before my 40th birthday in December. I know it won’t happen on that schedule, but it will happen for both of us, as long as we keep working towards it. 58 lbs gone is a wonderful accomplishment!

Tina, A new truck sounds like a lot of fun. I hope you get to drive it some too. I had to scroll back up and find out what the heck simple pimples were. I hope Alyssa enjoyed having mom at school. It sounds like you enjoyed it.

Robbin, I read about your husband going to Iraq next year. No wonder you’re worried and upset. But it sounds like the scales are about to drop again for you, if they are showing lower at night.

Stacy, Take care of yourself! I guess with stitches in your back, it’s hard to get comfortable. I hope you’re feeling better by today. (But enjoy the percocet – that stuff knocks me out!) Don’t worry about your weigh-in this week, you’ve got a good excuse.

Michelle, My sympathies on your grandmother’s passing. I hope you’re on your way to recovering. Get plenty of rest.

No movement on the scale this week (so far at least, I’m still hopeful about tomorrow). I’ve had trouble getting my exercise on schedule since time changed this weekend, it has been difficult getting up early enough to exercise. Today I was able to get up and do my three miles, so I think I’m back on schedule.
Okay, time to finish supper. TTYL.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:43 PM   #333  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Feeling much better now. I dont know why, must have had an estrogen moment earlier. Its just been too much this week. Between surgery and all that goes a long with it AND its TOM week...geeze. I might as well just throw the scale out the window til next week. But i stayed on plan with eating...did really well actually, so that makes me feel better and i am already looking forward to next week when i can get back on track with exercise with a vengence.

Jtammy- Yes, with stitches in the back and arm and shoulder it is impossible to get comfortable...i am constantly in this akward leaning position and that hip is SO sore after 2 days of it. I dont know how you do that exercising that early...my hat is off to you gal.

Tina- Congrats on the new car. I am SO overdue for a new car...i just drool when i look at them now days. Grilled salmon sounds yummy. We had asian hoisen chicken...it was a new recipe i tried from cooking light...i like that web site more and more for good ideas when i get in a rut. Plus they have the nutritional info by any recipe they provide. I can dig that.

Robbin- So glad the scales are finally taking steps towards what you have been working for. Geeze doesnt it take forever sometimes. So glad it is well on its way now though. If i were a betting girl i would say you are in for a big drop any time now.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:51 PM   #334  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Hi Ladies -- I just wanted to check in for a few minutes, but will do personals tomorrow. I'm really exhausted tonight from the memorial service today and I have a bad headache. The service went so nicely, and there were many people that loved my mom so much. Many tears were shed, but I felt her with me and she would have been so happy to see how everyone cared about her so much. My DH, brother in law and niece each got up and talked about my mom and it was so nice. I thank all of you for your kind words and prayers that you have offered.
Old 11-03-2006, 06:31 AM   #335  
rambler

S/C/G: 296/225/170

Morning glories!! Well lets just suffice it to say i am in scale **** again! Well the scale is at least giving me consistent readings as opposed to the last time i was in scale ****, now my body just seems to want to jump 2 or more pounds for no reason!!! I have to say the will is wavering, is it all worth it, all that good stuff, kind of like Robin was feeling the other day. Anyway, I know it is all worth it, that if i would get firmly back on plan and maybe quit weighing every day, more than once a day, i could get over myself and things would start going in the right direction. Hubby's birthday is this weekend and i just don't even feel like doing anything for him! I really don't want to do anything but lay in the bed and not even so much as think! OKAY OKAY, enough of my whining! Whew, anybody got some cheese to go with that whine!

Ryanmi - good to see you again and so sorry to hear about your grandmother. I know what you mean about thinking you are prepared until it really happens. Hopefully the family issues will settle down quickly. I had walking pneumonia once, exhausting!!! and took forever to get over. I hope you are well on the road to recovery and are taking care of yourself! You said you got a treadmill is that in addition to the recumbant bike i seem to remember you getting a while back?

Tina - new vehicles are always fun! I love hearing about your snow, believe it or not i am jealous!

Jtammy - you are definitely an inspiration to all of us! Keep up the awesome work

Michelle06 - Love the new pics! Is that your daughters? Now that some of the details of dealing with the loss of your mother are over hopefully the healing can begin. My prayers conitnue to be with you!

Cheryl - so how much snow did you get? Again i am so jealous! I would love just one good snow a year. At a convenient time for me of course. We do have some cold temps right now, lows in the 30's and high's in the 60's but that isn't supposed to last long 75 again by next week!

Stacy - hope you are healing well. your motivation right now is contagious! I feel pumped up just reading your posts!

Robbin - i can not imagine the worry of a husband going off to a place like iraq. That underlying stress on me all the time would have made me give up a long time ago!! I really admire how you hjave stuck in there and are still working hard for your goal! That scale is not going to beat you. Have you done some measuring?? Sometimes when the scale is not moving you need to look to other sources for your progress. Maybe it's time to go shopping and see what kind of sizes you can get into now. It is maddening to be lower at night than you are in the morning. Do you get good sleep? I know before i was diagnosed with sleep apnea and got on the cpap i would do that. Might be a thought. Keep at it girl, i am rooting for you! I know you will get there!

Well ladies, i hope i haven't missed anyone, i was just going to do a quickie this morning and obviously that didn't happen, so gotta run for now. If i missed anyone please know i am thinking of you and sending good vibes your way! Ya'll have a great day and will try to check in again soon!
Old 11-03-2006, 09:32 AM   #336  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Height: 5'2"

Hey ladies, I am gonna try to fit in a few personals this morning but if I miss you please don’t bee upset. I am racing the clock.

First off I want to say thank you to all of you for helping me keep on track with the plateau I have been on and would like to let you know that all of your encouragement has really helped me, the scales hit 219 this morning and I am so excited. I made it to the teens.

Tina- Don’t you just love all of those little extras cars have now. We will be in the market for a new car in about 18 months and hubby wants a Jeep.

Tammy- The time change always throws me for a loop but this time it is the opposite of your problem, I am waking up so early it is pitiful, this morning I was up at 3:30. YUCK

Stacy – we all have those estrogen moments so don’t sweat it. Take a brake and wait for the soreness to subside some before you try to do too much.

Michelle – I am glad the Memorial Service went smoothly and am sure your mom would have appreciated it very much.

Erin – we all deserve a good whine every not and then. Like you said you know all of the hard work is worth it and I am sure those scales will give in soon. Mine finally did today. Maybe we all need to quit worrying about the scales so much and just realize how much healthier we are now that we are doing good things for our bodies.

Well ladies I gotta get to work. Check back later.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:33 AM   #337  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

TAMMY...Thank you for the compliment on my pictures from before. It's amazing that when I look in the mirror, I don't see a difference, but when I have the pictures in from of me, I can definitely see a difference. Yes, my sister's house did get LOTS of trick or treaters. There were lots of little ones, but many older ones too. The older ones were still coming late, so they finally turned their porch light off. I bet your DD looked very cute in your prom dress.

ERIN...I'm so sorry about the nasty scale! Since my mom's passing, I haven't been exercising or keeping track of the foods, even though I haven't been eating as much, and I still had put back on about six pounds, but now most of them are back down again. Yes, the two pictures are of my two daughters and me, and thank you for the compliment.

ROBBIN...CONGRATS on making the teens, what a great Friday surprise!!!
Old 11-03-2006, 08:14 PM   #338  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Default Tgif!!

Tammy, nice to see you're back! Yes, my husband is thrilled about the new truck. I don't think he'll be offering it to me very much! LOL! Which is okay, I got a new vehicle in June and enjoy it very much. The only thing is, I don't have him to laugh at getting stuck in the driveway and watching it face fill with detest! LOL! Alyssa had a wonderful halloween, she's counting down to next time I volunteer, which is this upcoming wednesday.

Stacy, make sure you throw the scale outta of the window on a fishing line so you can reel it back in when you're getting results after you heal. I'll have to check out the website, I've had there magazines once in a while, but found I've never really used much of the recipes. Yeah, like that makes sense huh. Give me a purpose and I'll defeat it! LOL!

Michelle, hope you had a good rest lastnight and are feeling a little better today. The service sounds like it was really nice.

Erin, I'll pack some snow up in a suitcase and send it off to you! LOL! We got enough for the whole winter last saturday and it started snowing again lastnight. HHHhmmmm...I wonder if I could sell snow to an eskimo? haha! Girl, don't give up on yourself. I know how tough it is here lately to try and back in routine. My motivation has weakened a lot too. But we can't give up on our goals after coming so far. Lets kick ourselves and get mad, we can do this!!

Robbin, congrats on making it to your teen goal this week! That's really awesome and I'm so proud of you for sticking out that rough spot. I knew you could do it! It's so inspiring!

I had another filled day. Hubby was able to pick up his new truck today, so we were occupied with filling out papers, getting new registration and insurance this afternoon. He's like a little boy with a new tonka truck or something. Just one grin from ear to ear. LOL! I've been pretty good, still didn't get a chance to exericise. Nothing all week, isn't that pittyful!?

I hope after this weekend I hope to find myself again. Where's that tiger inside?? Hope you have a great weekend!

~Tina
Old 11-03-2006, 09:51 PM   #339  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Hello all, well i wasnt going to weigh, but me being how i am, of course i had to weigh. I am VERY happy to report that i stayed the same. I was a couple of ounces up but still the same whole number. So no harm done. Went to work today and it was okay, i think i am ready to take on the gym tomorrow. No weights...promised the doc...but he did agree to elliptical and bike. I doubt i can do my full routine but anything is better than what i have been doing. I was feeling good about today...didnt even have that much of a splurge day...didnt feel that i earned it really...then i went and ate a cinnamon roll...a grands cinnamon roll....400 calorie cinnamon roll. WHAT THE HECK? My excuse is ds is having a friend over for the night and they wanted them and dd asked for hot apple cidar and cinnamon rolls since it was cold out. Pathetic excuses...now i feel fat and gross and sit here thinking...anything i do on the elliptical tomorrow will just take off the cals i just put on. It wasnt even good...too sweet and gross. I really feel sick at my stomach...havent had that kind of sugar in a long time...wont be doing it again any time soon either. DOUBLE YUK.

Tina- Glad dh is enjoying the new truck. How fun...all of them, little boys at heart. So you didnt get any exercise in either this week huh? Lets make a pact that we both get in at least 3 days next week! I want to see a different set of numbers on my scale and add another dragonfly. We can do it.

Robbin- 219, WTG...you are in the 2 teens girl!

Elem- Oh my gosh i do that too. I weigh every morning, every night, sometimes several times a night...i dont know why do it...its like if i weigh enough I will convince the scale to move down...nuts. Platueas are bad...but those gains that come out of now where really throw you. Just think, if you quit now, you will just gain back what you have worked so hard for, then you will get fed up and have to start over. (I can say that, because i have done that a million times). Stay strong honey. I am really flattered that i motivated you. Its funny how just venting about how we feel on this site can inspire someone without us even knowing. I know i never would have made it this far without you all to cry, laugh, and share with....i know that is cheesy (just put that cheese with your whine, ha ha) but it is true.

michelle- I am sure today was a mix of emotions. Hopefully this can add to the steps you have to take to move on and heal...a sort of closure for you.

Well, time to go make my rounds...with 3 kids in the house (one is a sleeping over) i am hearing silence...something is not right.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:04 PM   #340  

Hi Girls...Been pretty busy the last couple of days and also having problem with our internet service, so I haven't been able to log on. Weigh-in on Wednesday was ok, I stayed the same, so very happy about that. Hoping I will be back to ticker weight by next Wednesday. No time for personals tonight since I just got home and I'm tired.
We only got a light dusting of snow, but it's gone now. Our highs have been in the mid 20's, but with the wind chill, we have been 5 degrees. The lakes and rivers have a thin layer of ice, so won't be long till they are completely frozen.
Have a good night and a great weekend.

cheryl
Old 11-04-2006, 11:22 AM   #341  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Hi ladies,

Stacy, Glad to hear that you maintained this week. Don’t beat yourself up over that cinnamon roll. So you gave in to one cinnamon roll; it’s only 400 calories and it isn’t going to affect whether you lose weight or not. (Although it is too bad that you didn’t even enjoy it.) We’re in this for life, and I know I can’t say that I’ll never have another cinnamon roll. I’ve bookmarked the cookinglight website. I need some new recipes. We’re getting tired of some things I cook too frequently.

Michelle, It sounds like the memorial was a nice tribute to your mom and to the many lives she touched. Your daughters are beautiful by the way. I know you’ll get back on track before long.

Erin, Hang in there. You know it is all worth it, you just have to get completely back on plan. And yeah, if the scales are causing you to stress, ditch them for awhile. But you know that if you stay on plan, you will lose weight. You can do it.

Robbin, In the teens! Girl, I’m looking forward to that. That means onederland isn't too far off now (less than 20 lbs away!).

Tina, Please don’t send the snow my way! I’m already so cold and our temperatures have still been in the 50s and 60s in the daytime. I hope you’re able to carve out some time today to exercise.

Cheryl, Glad you popped in to say hi. Stay warm!

The fat fairy visited me again last night. I am thrilled to report a loss of two pounds. This may be silly, but I am so happy about this I have to share: On my PC version of fitday, on my weight log, it shows your projected weight at 4 weeks and at 12 weeks, based on your current trend of weight loss. It shows that in 12 weeks, I could be in onederland. Woohoo, I hope it will happen. I'm going to give it my all to make it there in 12 weeks.
Old 11-04-2006, 12:57 PM   #342  
rambler

S/C/G: 296/225/170

Howdy ladies!!! Well i gave in and decided to see if a little lasix would help my stubborn scale, i was 241.6 (naked) when i got up and after the lasix, a little breakfast, multiple trips to the bathroom in about 3 hours i was down to 237.0 with bra socks and underwear on. So, needless to say i am holding some fluid!! And i am still going! I know it won't stay down for long but I am hoping that just seeing the smaller number on the scale will inspire me to get my butt in gear again and make some permanent changes!

ROBBIN - WHOO HOOOOOO!!!!! I am so excited for you!!!! Happy dance probably doesn't even come close! I knew you dedication would pay off sooner or later! Keep up the good work and the 2 o's are not far behind!!

MICHELLE - thanks for the support, glad to hear your excess is coming off too.

TINA - I'll be looking for a wet suitcase about thursday! they are now predicting highs around 77 by wednesday and thursday. I just wish it would make up its mind, this mild to freezing stuff makes for severe weather that i really don't like! You're right we need to get mad and make something happen!!! We need to let the tiger loose as you said and find our dedication.

STACY - I know what you mean about feeling bad about taking in a bunch of calories and then just having to burn them back off again, but what you have to remember is there was a day we would have taken them in and never thought about them again, let alone try to work them off!!!! Someone said to me a few posts back we have to remember what we have already accomplished and not focus so much on what we are stuck on now! This too shall pass!! I have a hard time staying off the scale and not focusing on the number and having that number dictate what i do, what i will try to get away with, etc!! It's just an arbritray number for goodness sakes not an indicate of our value or success. One of these days we will reach a point when we can put that scale up for a week at a time and not have panic attacks about it!!

CHERYL - good job on maintaining!!! I am jealous of your cold weather, guess we always want what we don't have! Get you some rest! Seems like you are always running here lately!

TAMMY - thanks for the encouragement, i need a little cheering right now!! CONGRATS on the two pound loss. that is fabulous!!! Onederland is right around the corner!!!!

Well girlies, gotta run, time to watch some football and then try to make a big cookie for my husband's birthday. Yes there will be some icing consumption but i am going to try to keep it to a minimum! We are also doing a special dinner that doesn't totally fit plan but i will try to exhibit some restraint for a change!
Old 11-05-2006, 10:30 AM   #343  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Height: 5'2"

Hey girls just a quick pop in for me, weekends are soooo busy and I have to be on the run soon. But wanted to report that the scales were very nice again and read 218 today. I couldn't beleive it, I was yelling and doing the happy dance buck naked in the bathroom and had to have my daughter come look at the scales, LOL. I know I am a nut. It just seems like those plateaus last forever and ever and then all of a sudden the scales drop again. My doctor told me that it is just our bodies way of being stubborn and trying to prove that it is in control, if we just hold tight and keep with the good stuff it eventually has to give. Well gotta get a movin have tons to do today. Check back later.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:06 AM   #344  

Hi Girl's...Sounds like everyone had a good weekend. I sure did. We had a warm up, so I was out enjoying the 60 degrees while it last. We are suppose to be in the 50-60 range all week, so I am going out walking since this will be the last week I can do it. Snow is predicted for next week. Did pretty good eating and doing some sort of exercise this past weekend. It was hard, took the FD to the big city to go shopping at the mall and the food court was a calling, but I listen for a change to the little voice in my head and chose wisely. But boy did the pizza smell sooooo good!! Of course it really sucked when the FD got into the car for the ride home with a nice slice of pizza to eat. The smell was overwhelming!!!!

Tammy...Congrats on the 2lbs...That's SUPER!!!! I have 8 grandchildren and wish I could see them more than once every 2 years.

Erin...We get mostly a light powder snow rather than a heavy wet snow that I'm use too. It's very hard to make a snowball with the powder stuff and when the wind blows, it makes it very difficult to drive. Even difficult when the wind isn't blowing, because semi's can stir up what is call snow fog. You can be driving down the interstate and a semi passes you without slowing down and all of a sudden you have snowfog and think you are driving streight and once it clears, you find yourself on the shoulder of the road if not the ditch.

Robbin...WhooooooHooooooo!!!!! So happy for you!!! Glad that scale finally moved downward for you. You were close to murder. Robbin I wish you were not so stressed about your Hubby getting ready to leave for Iraq, but I've been there as well and nothing anyone says will change what you are feeling. I hope your Hubby's unit has a nice support system for you to lean on. All the legal papers are signed and you are getting enough in your allotment to take care of bills and such. One good thing is that you will be able to talk by cellphone and communicate on the commputer. I use to talk to my Hubby by radio with a third party listen in and having to say "Over", but just to hear his voice I didn't care. We will be here to kept your spirit up and keep you motivated. You'll be a new woman when Hubby get home.

Michelle...The memorial sounds lovely. What a wonderful tribut to your mother. Hope you are feeling better.

Stacey...How's your shoulder/back doing. Hope you had a good workout at the gym, but took it easy as well.

Tina...Congrats on Hubby's new car. Maybe he will let you drive it once in awhile. Hehe!! I would love to have a new/used car. Both our vehicles have over 200,000 miles on them. My Hubby did buy a vehicle this past week, a 1957 Chevy Suburban that we won't pick up till May. Me, I like something in the year 2000 or something at least!!

Well gals, I'm off to do some sewing. Have pj's that I'm making my grandchildren for christmas to get done and a couple apron's for my Mom and sister, and since I don't have any running to do with the FD this week, I can get caught up on a few projects.

Cheryl
Old 11-06-2006, 12:52 PM   #345  
Domestic Engineer

Have a super busy day today, but wanted to check in since it's been awhile. I'm doing good...this morning the scale read 210.2!!! So exciting to me I'm also on week 8 of my couch to 5K running program and did 28 minutes with no walking this morning! Hope I can keep this groove going for the next few weeks and get under 200!

Have a great day everyone...I'll check back later.
Closed Thread