Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 09:39 AM   #16  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies. Hope everyone had a good nights sleep and is ready for a new day. LOL I didn’t want to get up and would love to go home and back to bed, but………well that isn’t going to happen. I did really good on my calorie and fat gram intake yesterday but do not think I did very well at all on water intake. I walked 1 mile last night at the kids football practice and found that taking along my music really kept me pumped up the whole time. So far this morning I ate 2 pieces of whole wheat toast and 1 cup of grapes for breakfast so I guess you can say I am off to a good start.

Stacey – it is nice to meet you. From your introduction it sounds like you have lost weight in the past but gained it back. Yeah me too and that sucks but this time I am gonna keep it off. This is a journey to a new life for me. We can do this together.

Shawn – I am sorry you weren’t feeling well yesterday, hope today is better. Even though I did not have twins I have the excess skin you are describing, maybe it is from having 4 kids and my last two being so close together. Me and hubby have been talking and have decided that after I hit my goal weight I will give my body 1 more year to adjust and possible loose more then will get a tummy tuck. I have to start saving the money now but I think it will be worth it.

Tammy – I have read several of your post in the past and think you have made awesome progress on your weight loss. I am sorry to hear you are having marriage problems and will keep my fingers crossed that things work out for you. I am happy you are here in our new thread and look forward to getting to know you better.

April – now is a good time to start trying to regain your pre-pregnancy body. I wish I had waited only 5 months instead of 5 years. I know how things are to try to fit exercise into your life. I have a full time job 4 kids a house and family pets to keep up. My 3 boys play football and we are either going to a game or practice almost every night and trying to fit homework in there too. Last night I went walking during practice even though I just wanted to sit and relax and you know what, I felt much better for it. I know you might not want to give up a little of your relaxation time because it is so little but you will be happier if you do.

Erin – Glad you followed along too. I have found that one of the ways I can make this more fun is by adding music that I enjoy when I try to exercise. It seems to pep me up and get me going.

Robsia – I cannot wait till my little ones can wrap arms around me and touch fingers. That must be such a good feeling.

Louie – Make the Me time, you have to do it for you cause if you don’t, no one else will. You can do it.

Cheryl – Glad to see you here to, You can really tell in your face that you have lost. By the way it is nice to put a face with the name. You are a very pretty lady. Love the 7 ¾ grand children, how much longer till you have 8?

Michelle – I hope things get settled down now that school has started, I know you have been so busy and have had to deal with some real pain in the backside people.

Well ladies I must get to work now, but I will check back soon...............
Old 08-29-2006, 02:42 PM   #17  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Rrvmmm, Yes, i have lost weight in the past, (high of 308, low of 193) i could kick my own butt for gaining it back. The first time i lost it with diet pills and weight watchers. Guess what? Went off the diet pills, ate everything in site and gained it all back. This time, the weight loss is the good old fashioned way. I am really trying to just make it a new lifestyle and eliminate the word diet.

Also, like you, i want a tummy tuck after this whole ordeal is behind me. I know i am going to need one. After 2 c-sections and gallbladder surgery, not to mention i carry most of my weight in my gut, eccess skin is going to be a big problem. It was a problem last time i lost weight and i just wanted to get to goal first...unfortunately, i got close to goal but never actually got there. THis time, anywhere close to goal is good enough for a tummy tuck.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:47 PM   #18  
Staying on track!!

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/175

Hey girls! Just a quick fly-by! (I sound like Louie! haha)

I'm still coughing my head off. I went to doc yesterday & I have an upper respir. tract infection. I got 3 prescriptions, so I'm hoping to quit coughing VERY soon! It's driving me nuts! I've come home from work early yesterday & today... can't keep doing that!

My hips are aching today. Don't know if it's from the coughing, or losing weight or what exactly. But owie! Moan.

Ok. Will type more later, once I get to feeling better. *hugs*
Old 08-29-2006, 09:57 PM   #19  

Evening Ladies...It's been a very hectic day again. I can't wait for the long weekend to get here. I was up early and had to take the FD to the doctors. Forgot about road construction on the interstate, so made it with five minutes to spare. We were in and out within a half hour and had her back to school before school started for the day. Had to get home and see how my hubby was doing. He is still the same and can't wait for therapy to start tomorrow. I have Weight Watchers tomorrow and I really don't expect any changes this week, which is my fault with slipping here and there. It's all going to change by next week, it back to being focus, focus, focus like I was when I started in January.

Ryanmi...Oh the joys of having to deal with college students. Just think, tomorrow is half way to Friday and the long weekend for you to relax and put your feet up.

Tina...You are such a busy lady. Your yard/house I know looks great with all the hard work you have put into it this summer. Did you get you walk in?

Erin...Hope you are feeling better tomorrow and the fairy fat mother pays you a visit.

Robbin...Great job getting a 1 mile walk in while the boys were at practice. Thanks for the complement. I always loose in the face and boobs first. I have gone down one size in my tops and one cup size in my bras. Unfortuately, my hips/belly are the last to show weight loss. My new grandson is due Oct 31st.

Stacy...I also loss weight with diet pills, but like you gained it all back plus more. I could just kick myself for quiting weight watchers three years ago. I thought I could do it on my own, which I can't. But we can't dwell on the what if's! I'm going to be dealing with excess skin as well, but I'm working out with toning ropes and I do notice that I'm firming up. Haven't decided if I want a tummy tuck at my age, time will tell.

Shawn...Hope you are feeling better. Get plenty of rest if you can, and drink lots of water.

Well chickies, it's getting late and I need to get things ready for tomorrow.

Cheryl
Old 08-29-2006, 10:28 PM   #20  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Hi all,

Thanks so much for the warm welcome.

April, I hope your first day went well. You are in the best place for support. I love 3FC and I know I will love this thread as well.

Erin, I would love to get below 200 lbs by the end of the year also. Hopefully, we'll get there together on schedule. I turn 40 on December 18th, and realistically, I don't think I'll make it by then, but maybe two weeks later on January 1st.

Robsia, I wish it was as simple as what your OH said. I'm afraid that eating what I wanted when I wanted it got me into big trouble. Of course, I do eat more often now, and better foods, but it's not quite the same thing. I know having DD's arms around your waist was worth all of the hard work.

Louie, Hope you find some ME time soon. In the meanwhile, I look forward to your fly-bys. Somedays that's all I'll have time to do too.

Hi Cheryl, I love the picture at Crater Lake. We were at Diamond Lake, just 30 miles north of Crater Lake in March and there was about 5 feet of snow on the ground. Too much to continue to drive over to Crater Lake. DH's family live in OR, so hopefully we'll get back to Crater Lake next trip if the weather holds. Is the 3/4 grandchild one on the way?

Michelle, I hope the remainder of the week is easier than Monday, but I'm guessing with school starting, you'll continue to have a busy week. I'm also a calorie counter, although I avoid sugar and white flour also. Do you use one of the online counters like Fitday or CalorieKing?

Hi Tina, Hope you got the walk you wanted this morning. Morning's are the best time for me to exercise. If I don't do it as soon as I wake up, it's hard to find time later to do it. Thanks for your kind words, by the way.

RRVMMM, I agree with what you said to April about exercise. I feel so much better when I take time for exercise. Even if I have to give up something for it. Lately, I've been giving up having a house as clean as I wish, but I figure that's not as important as getting healthy.

Get n healthy, I know I'll have lots of excess skin on my tummy when I'm at goal. I keep watching shows like Plastic Surgery Before and After and wondering if I'll be brave enough. It's also just so expensive and I'm so cheap, I don't know if I could spend that much. (But I think I'd like to try...)

Shyla, I hope you get to feeling better soon.

DH and I had a long talk last night and are both committed to fixing the problems that we've been having recently. He told me how proud he was of the weight loss, so I hope to have his support again. Nothing worth having is ever easy is it, but we'll get through it. I was on plan all day UNTIL my DD brought her trail mix in and my hand went into the bag too many times. I have no idea how to count that in fitday, so I'll have to estimate. I always try to over estimate, figuring that I'll still probably err on the side of eating too much. Luckily, I had some calories left for the day, but probably not THAT many. Take care everyone!
Old 08-29-2006, 11:24 PM   #21  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Default Happy Tuesday!

Evening ladies! Had a pretty good day. It was beautiful morning and after the rain we had lastnight it made it nice and cool to walk this morning. It's 9pm and I'm contemplating if I should go out again. I'll never get that scale to move sitting on the couch! Last nights dinner didn't bite me this morning but I'm still not quite reaching my pre-weigh in of 215 before my holidays and I plan on keeping that ticker the way it is, it's making me want to try harder.

Erin, there's too much of that WWW going around. It must be contagious and we need to get the resident sodium soaker out and about. On the other hand, I'm glad to know that you're happy with the scale you've just bought. At least there is one silver lining!

Robbin, kudos to you fitting in a walk during practice! I know you had to feel so accomplished after. And you've gotten off to a great start this morning.

Stacy, sure makes you want to stomp on whoever came up with diet pills in the first place doesn't it. There's nothing about pills that teach how to be healthy and keep off the weight you do lose. I'm glad you're feeling postive about it this time, the final time! You go girl!

It's a bird, it's a plane....no it's Super Shyla! Hey girl, I hope your medication kicks in real soon. A nagging cough is such a pain in the arse! Take care!

Cheryl, you say I'm busy?! Look in the mirror! LOL! We'll get back on course very soon. My daughter starts kindergarten next tuesday and I'm so looking forward to some normalcy around here. Things should start to be a little quieter until I start running the mill that is!

Tammy, I totally agree...morning is so much better to get your exercising done. I posted a little tidbit of info on the other thread a while back explaining that if you exercise at least 20 minutes before eating breakfast that you'll burn better and more calories than if you waited to do it later in the day. Reason being that your body is looking for the energy to burn to function the exercise that it has to go to it's reserves and not what you just ate.

I best be going, have a great rest ladies! See you tomorrow!

~Tina
Old 08-30-2006, 09:23 AM   #22  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies, just a quick check in, I don't have time for any personals. It is very busy time at work with it being fiscal year end and I have a dump truck load of paperwork on my desk.

Yesterday I stayed on plan very well and got in a short walk (1/2 mile) during football practice, didn't get in 1 mile because of it being back to school night for my 2 older kids and had to be there. But even with staying on plan and fitting in a short walk the scales are up again. My ticker says 229 and the scales this morning said 232. I am hoping it is just Water Retention, my hands are all puffy and I can not get my rings off. I know it is probably because I have sluffed off on my water intake the past couple of days. I plan on drinking at least 100 ounces today. I have gotten off to a really good start with 1 cup of oatmeal and 2 small plums for breakfast, not sure about lunch but I am gonna have Pasta Parmesan with crab for dinner. It is very low calorie and fat.

Well ladies I had better get my rear in gear and get some work done. Hopefully I will make it back later today for a check in.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:46 AM   #23  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Good Morning Ladies - just popping in to say hello before I head off to work. Hope you all have a great Wednesday
Old 08-30-2006, 12:56 PM   #24  
Staying on track!!

Fly-by Louie... LOL

Hey ladies... I'm feeling MUCH better today. Still coughing some, but not NEAR as much, and just have more energy in general.

The scale has only hit that 232 shown on my ticker once, and it's been steady at 233 since then. I know it's because I haven't been able to work out cuz I've been sick, plus the weight loss slows down after the first 10 or so... so I'm being patient & staying on track. Ready to get back to my workouts, though. (imagine that! who'da thunkit?)

Actually, today I had my first BIG NSV!!! Somebody brought Krispy Kreme donuts to work, and I peeked in the box, and thought to myself "YUCK". !!!!!!!!!!!! Who is this person, and what happened to Shawn?!!! I NEVER thought I'd say that!!! It caught me pretty well off guard!

Okay, ladies, well I need to finish my lunch & head back to work. Lots to do, since I've been off two 1/2 days now.

TTYL! *hugs*
Old 08-30-2006, 01:12 PM   #25  

RRVMMM-Dont you just hate for the scale to act that way, when you are acting right? Mine is doing the same thing. UP 3 pounds since weigh in day. I still have two days to make it right, so today i am drinking water like a fish, since i am already doing well with eating AND exercise...cut a girl some slack already Mr. Scale.

Shyla-Hope you feel better soon. Respiratory infections can really mess with your exercise routine. If i exercise when i am like that i end up having a coughing fit. Not to mention, your energy level is in the basement. Get well soon honey.

Cheryl- I could kick myself too for quitting WW. Woulda, shoulda, coulda though i guess. About firming up, my arms and stuff look fine when i lose weight but probably 90% of my weight is in my gut...no way that skin is going back to normal...too stretched for too long.

JTammy-The price of a tummy tuck will be the main problem for me too. I only hope i can do something so that i can reward myself with it, when the time comes. So glad you and DH are talking things through. Marriage is hard. Anything is possible with communication and respect, especially if there is still love for one another. Talking about the trail mix, dont you just hate that few extra hand fulls....i do that with cashews...i cant eat just a few...my hand just keeps going back, til i end up with about 300 extra calories for the day and boy do those things have the fat. I have gotten to where i dont even have them in the house anymore. Plus like you were saying with the trail mix, not knowing how to count it. I had to do the exact same thing with a thai lunch i had yesterday. NO CLUE how many calories. It was chicken and a very small portion....I guessed high, but who knows.

Hope you all are having a good day. Mine is nerve racking. Lots of stress here at work. PLus a thin new bimbo that likes to show off her breasts and lower back tatoo...did someone say "inappropriate and tacky"? She applied at hooters but took a job here instead, lucky me. I want to tell her "we dont sell hot wings here, we sell phone systems, how bout you dress like you sell phone systems?" Maybe i am just jealous that she has it and flaunts it but she is also after my office. Scary and stressful. This is where stress eating comes in...not this time around though. Hopefully i can go home tonight and my garage will be cool enough for me to workout on the elliptical and take all my stress out through exercise. Dang i am sick of this heat...where the heck is fall? Certainly not in the south.

Gotta get back to work.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:14 PM   #26  

Shyla, we posted at the same time i think. GOOD FOR YOU for passing up that Krispy cremes, wow. DOnt you wish our scale recognized all the food we passed up...not just the food we dont pass up. ha ha.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:54 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 278/203/165

Height: 5'7

Hey everybody! I am glad to have found this thread. Thanks Tina for inviting me over. I just turned 29. I started on this weight loss journey on January 30, 2006, weighing 278 lbs, and as of my last weighing, I was 235 lbs. I want to lose an extra 70 lbs to get to 165 by next June. Looking forward to some mutual support!
Old 08-30-2006, 11:07 PM   #28  

Evening Ladies...Another busy day and the rest of the week will be the same. Today was my weigh-in day at WW and I was up 2 lbs. I refuse to change my ticker since I don't plan being at this weight for long. My friend and I decided to change from counting points to doing the core plan. I did that for dinner tonight and I was very satisfied. Had a veggie burger, saute broccoli/mushrooms with cooking spray and a cup of grapes. Will see how the week goes.

Tammy...I'm I grew up in Ashland, Oregon and spent many summers at Diamond Lake. Yes we have a new grandson due Oct 31st. So glad to hear you and hubby had a long talk and are working things out.I've been there, so I know what you are going through. We are hear for you.

Tina...I thought things would slow down once school started, but I'm busier than ever!!! I can't wait for the long weekend to get here so I can stay HOME!!! Your daughter is going to have such a fun year, and so will you.

Robbin...Great job on getting your walk in. The scale will move, it's just being stubborn. Dinner sounds real yummy.

Louie...Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, It's Louie!!! Hope you had a great day!

Shawn...Congrats on saying NO to the donuts!!! Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Stacy...Hope the garage was cool enough for you to get a workout in. The bimbo, I'd take her aside and tell her to dress appropriately. Who wants to look at boobs hanging out and lower back tatoo's? YUK!!

Kreen... Look forward to getting to know you. You've done Awesome so far!!!

Well girl's I need to get myself to bed. Hope you all have a wonderful evening.

Cheryl
Old 08-30-2006, 11:25 PM   #29  
Staying on track!!

Hey ladies - Just a quick pop-in before bed. I am feeling SO much better today. Actually got alot done at work & around the house tonight, too! Yay! Still probably won't work out for a few days at least, though. Don't want to push my body too hard, so I don't get sick again.

Cheryl ~ you'll have that 2 pounds back off in no time! Drink lots of water! Good luck on core.

Kreen - HI! I think you might have PM'd me recently? You and I are VERY close to the same weight/goals. Will be nice to do this together! I like your user name, btw. Does it mean something?

Stacy - No stress eating!! Or if you DO, then maybe just on lite popcorn. hehe. Hope you were able to get your workout in tonight! I love the elliptical machine! I try to do it 3 times/week at the gym for 30 mins. I'm getting better at it! You should move that thing inside, where it's cooler! hehe

Robbin ~ glad to hear you got a quick walk in anyhow. Keep doing that, and the scale will follow!

Tina - glad you had a good day, with a nice walk. Maybe even two walks?!

Tammy - glad to hear things are improving on the marriage front. You are the geocacher, right? I spent like an hour after I read that trying to figure out what it is! When my DH got home, I told him I wanted a GPS system! That looks like SO Much fun! I even found a website with some listed here in my area... there's several! Maybe one of these days!

Erin - glad to hear your new scale is treating you right! hehe

Michelle - where are you at? Hope all is well!

Louie - how's that "time for yourself" coming along? Hope to hear more from you soon!

Robsia - Where are you, girlie? You can tell SUCH a difference in your pictures! Way to go!!! What an inspiration!

April - hope you are doing well! Check in soon!

Okay ladies... better head to bed (after I surf a few more posts hehe). Anyhow, have a great Thursday, and I hope to hear from all of you soon!
Old 08-31-2006, 12:52 AM   #30  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Evening ladies, or night depending where you are. I did infact go out for a second walk lastnight. Was a little nervous seeing it had already gotten dark and in the newer development their street lights aren't lit up yet. But I made it round and home okay. I was so okay that I had to make another round this morning. Wow! And after all that I'm am still hanging 2lbs. over 215. Yuck! I didn't venture out this evening, it's 10:30 now and I'm not about to try. I kept myself busy cleaning bathrooms, dusting, vacuuming and all the other lovely household chores today so I feel that may add up.

Robbin, I hope you had a big guzzler today to fit in all that water. Knowing you I'm sure it was highly possible. You far out do me in the water department. And with that great start to a awesome yummy sounding dinner I hope the scales cooperate for you tomorrow.

Hi Louie, hope you had a good day also!

Shyla, great to know you're feeling a lot better today. I can feel some pep emulating off the post. Great job getting turned off of Krispy Kremes. I had a similar experience yesterday. I went to the park with my daughter and there was a "larger" lady sitting at a picnic table, smoking and eating a big bag of chips. I thought to myself, that used to be me, handcuffed to a bag of chips and watching instead of getting involved. I was so glad at that moment that I had moved passed that part of my life to where I can now enjoy healthful foods and being active with my daughter. I was imagining each chip going down and adding on to the already "big" problem..turned me off right then and there.

Stacy, does your office not have an appropiate dress code? Nobody wants boobs flashed in their all day long. That's almost as bad as seeing those thongs sticking up passed their pants. Yuck! I hope you're able to work off that stress on the elliptical, it's worth the agression...hehe!

Kreen, nice to see you! Glad you decided to join us. I'm sure you'll find some great support here.

Cheryl, I've got two pounds, you've got two pounds...lets get together and lose those pounds. Let's go...times a wastin'. Sorry, still got the Johnny Cash movie fresh in mind...LOL! I hope your new plan works like dynamite for you!

I'm off to bed to get ready face another fine day tomorrow. Hope you all have a great rest!

~Tina
Closed Thread