S/C/G: 253/253/160

Thumbs up The Winning Losers Week of 9/24/06

started the new week off to church
miafluker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 12:58 PM   #2  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Thanks so much for getting us started this week Mia!!

Its football day in my household which means my day "off". We are planning nachos which is something that I cant eat alot of, unfortunetly what I do eat is so calorie infested and fat infested!! Maybe I'll just stick to some chips with salsa.

I have to tell you my family made me breakfast in bed today. They owed me from my birthday. Now normally around here breakfast in bed would mean fried potatos, sausage, eggs and toast. My lovely family brought me a huge plate of fresh fruit and some juice! Arent they a wonderful crew to have around! My daughters went and made little bunnies and flowers and put them up all around my tree.

Okay dh cant find something and you all know what that means. Probaby in plain sight but before the garage gets leveled I better go help look! Have a wonderful day everyone!!

~melissa
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 01:19 PM   #3  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Melissa, you have a wonderful family. All your hard work and dedication is paying off because they're all gems. Have a great day and enjoy the game.

Mia Thanks for getting us started. I hope you enjoyed church. I need to get my butt in gear. My husband and I haven't been in a long time.

I just watched FOL. Another great episode. Delicious is starting to look at lot less manly. NY is doing her thing like always. Krazy is completely lost and naive. And Flav.... Flav is just plain lucky. After we watched the show, my husband gave me a clock.
Amany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 01:43 PM   #4  

I just came across some of NY's funny / weird remarks in her blog. My husband went to watch the game with his friend and I'm home alone and kinda bored. Can you tell?

03/15/06

Alright, so practically everyone knows that I put on some weight during the show. The combination of stress and junk food, resulted in me gaining 11 lbs (sorry Pumkin, it wasn't 20 lbs lol). Anyhow, back home in Syracuse when I was my fabulous self, mom did most of the cooking. Some days we would go out to a nice restaurant in the city. My mother is a health freak, so all of our meals were low fat, high fiber, with a good balance of carbs and protein. Whenever we went out, it would usually be Mediterranean or Asian seafood.

Unfortunately, at Flav's house, the producers spoiled us with high fat, high carb, processed foods or frozen entrees! We basically ate whatever was in the fridge or at restaurants, which was mostly fatty meals as well. Worst of all, I started having an addiction to pizza and ice cream during my stay at the house! Looking back, I'm sure all the girls had a ball watching me balloon, losing my sexy figure. Funny how they were nicest to me when I was eating! Not just myself, but I'm pretty sure other girls(I won't name who), also put on some weight too.

The moment I moved out here(L.A.), my agent told me I needed to lose weight fast. All the Socal people already know this, but this city is extremely competitive and unforgiving when it comes to looks. Almost everyone has a nice body. Its almost like you can get away with an average face, but you can't fool people when you're fat!

So far, I have been going to the Santa Monica 24 hour fitness religiously most evenings after dinner. Since I don't know how to cook, my roomate who is a fashion model and thin as a rail, taught me a few weight loss tricks that worked great, so I thought I'd share:

1. For breakfast, just have cigarettes & coffee( no sugar, only sweeteners allowed)! The idea is that the cigarettes raise your metabolism and curb hunger, while the caffeine from the coffee also raises your metabolism and releases some of the fat molecules that was stored the night before.

2. Stock up on frozen entrees(only the lean kind under 300 calories) & mixed frozen veggies in a bag:carrots, peas, green beans and lima beans. Mix about 1 cup of veggies with the frozen entree and what you have is a satisfying, high fiber, low fat/calorie, filling meal under 350 calories! This is great for busy people since, all you need is a microwave.

3. Stock up on Dexatrim Max diet pills. I prefer to take 1 of these right before my workout ---This stuff really works. The rush and energy you get is amazing.

I've already lost 8 pounds and have just 7 more to go...Ultimately, my goal is to reach my original weight of 110----- cross your fingers! =)

~Tiffany

03/13/06

Dear Fans,

Many of you contacted me after the seeing the final episode to make sure I was doing alright and the answer is a positive yes! Because the show aired weeks after the results, I'm sure many of you felt like everything was live, but the truth is that I cried my heart in the limo, and quickly recovered soon after. It was not easy because I still stand by my words that I really and truly DID love Flav. My feelings for him were sincere. However, I did use the word "DID". Sometimes when you put your heart on the line, there's always a risk of getting hurt. But I've always believed when you gamble for love, its all worth it.

Ok NY get it together. . .

People always ask me the same things like "How could you love a man like that?", "What did you see in him?" or "You can do so much better!". Well, that is easy to say but in the beginning, I came in to the contest with an open heart and also knew it was a great opportunity to get exposure and launch my acting career. As strange as this may sound, I liked Flav's funny, eccentric and quirky personality. He knew how to make me laugh and keep things fun(I can't lie and say I didn't mind the fact that he had money. ..a girl like me needs a sugar daddy to take her shopping! lol). I was never physically attracted to him, but over time, there was a connection and I slowly grew to love him. In the end, I was very disappointed to see his true character revealed. I realized he was just like the other girls in the house. . .Tacky and very bad taste! You would think he learned after Bridgette lefted him for another man; I guess some people don't ever change. I also got the impression that he had something against brown skinned women, which is quite sad, considering his mom is one. Perhaps the biggest turn off for me was his age and the fact that he owed his 6 kids a ton of child support payments. Its one thing to disrespect women, but its just plain wrong to neglect your own children.
Flavor Flav's accomplishments:

1. Punching his girlfriend in the face (1991)

2. Installing flashing lights around his license plate - almost daring the police to pick him up for outstanding warrants (1992)

3. Firing his gun at a neighbor (1993)

4. Drying out in rehab (1993)

5. Assaulting a woman who took a photo of one of his many children (1994)

6. Toting around vials of crack cocaine (1995)

7. Possessing pot while riding a bicycle (1996)

8. Canoodling with Brigitte Nielsen in a hot tub (2004)

9. Evading payments of child support for his families - in public (2005)"

Today, I have moved on to much bigger and better things. Although he still calls me, and we talk every so often, I only consider him a friend. I see it as a blessing in disguise. Like my friend Tavia says, "When a door is closed, another door is opened".

Soon after winning, Hoopz was quoted as saying "I don't think anyone was really in it for Flav, we just wanted to win". Well she's wrong. I know there's at least 1 woman who was.

This is definitely one of the happiest moments in my life right now because I accomplished many goals I set out to do. Currently, I am in a special relationship with a man who loves me, who is ready to provide for me at any moments notice and someone who is ready to do anything for me in a heart beat. I wouldn't have met this special man if it wasn't for the show. While clubbing in L.A. , he recognized me and asked me out on a date. Since then, we've been hanging out, ironically, even watch a few Flavor of Love episodes together. I guess you can't always come out the winner, but life is about over coming struggles, rising to the occassion, never giving up, and more importantly, the lessons you take away from the experience.

To conclude, I have to thank those who supported me and got me here in the first place---my fans, my family & my God. I know I always say this , but without you guys I wouldn't have gotten this far. Coming into the house, my goal was to make the finals and gain notoriety---I did just that.

For now, I will continue to live and learn, to grow and become a better person each day. I have numerous projects that I am working on so I'll keep everyone posted as soon as I have time.

P.S. ok I'll admit it, momma's always right! LoL gotta love that woman =)

"New York is still in the MT F@*cking House! Live with it."

Yours Truly, ~Tiffany aka NY
Old 09-17-2006, 01:45 PM   #5  
I can do it this time.

Melissa - you have a wonderful family. That was very sweet of them to do.

Today I'm going with my friend Leticia to Kona (the other side of the island) to prospect and tailgate. Were in Avon together. Mostly were going to hang out since its a 2hr drive, Another team-mate who lives in Kona is going to be meeting up with us.

I've been wanting to show you guys something and I keep forgetting. When I started this weight loss journey, a couple of my coworkers (at the time before i quit) were going to go get a tattoo together. I've always wanted a tattoo but new it was permanent so I wasnt going to get something that didnt mean anything to me. I searched and searched.

I found the perfect one, took it to Brady at Sin City, we modified it a lot because I didnt want anything that someone else had. and after he tattooed me July 22, it came out like this http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g5...ttoo/sara5.jpg

Normally im not a butterfly person but it meant growth, the chinese symbol in the middle means love. (I'm a little chinese but dont look it at all) To me the tattoo means the journey im embarking on, to love myself inside and out, it represents all the changing i am making for myself and really loving myself for who i am.
lovethatsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 02:10 PM   #6  
just me

S/C/G: 320/294/145

Height: 5'7

Hey Ladies,

its been a rough 4 days. I had an allergic reaction to something at the dentists office and my gums swelled and i had horrible headaches, but i'm glad to say i'm okay now. my gums are still a lil swollen but atleat i can talk now. I havent been keeping up with everyone so please forgive me. I hope everyone is doing great, and for those who arent, keep your head up.
I just got my 2 day fast mix in the mail so next weekend i'm going to use it. I would go ahead and do it but seeing as i dont know who its going to make me feel and i have a chem test wednesday, i'm going to wait for the weekend.
During my few days of ****, i got to think alot about a lot of things. I also watched a lot of shows on tv about health and looked up stuff for my future college. After doing all of this it hit me big time...i mean 1 ton of brikes straight to my head. I have to stop the BS of being lazy and get moving. I'm never going to get anywhere with school or getting healthy unless i start it now. see ive never had to do anything. in school i usually just didnt care about my grades (highschool that is) or i got someone else to do the work for me. i'm at a place that i know what i need to do and emotionally i dont have anything holding me back, but its like i'm scared of failing. I'm the first person to go to college since my grandparents. i'm supposed to be the perfect child, since most everyone else in my family has royally screwed up. I'm the only one that has made it to my 20th birthday with out having kids. I have one older brother who has too but he is a screw up in other areas. i need to learn to let go and i honestly dont know how. ok enough feelin sorry for myself. i'm going to create a game plan, and then studying for chemistry. this is going to be the one time i come out with straight A's if it has to kill me. later ladies
brat_61886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 03:23 PM   #7  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Happy Afternoon Ladies!

It's been a whirlwind cleaning marathon over here this morning, I am wiped! At least the stuff is getting done though so it can quit getting on my nerves. Kids are better and I think ready for school. Despite having slight sniffles I think they're alright. They sure argued and fought all weekend like they're fine, they're going to school in the morning! lol

Melissa, that was very sweet of your family to do brekky for you. Must've made you feel very special! Try and just be aware of what you're eating but enjoy it. You've already decided today is an off day so let it be! Back in the day, I was the first to admit that I gave myself one meal a week to do whatever I wanted. I found myself still being conscious of what it was and more importantly portion size. I truly think that this helped me stick to my plan and be successful. I know you will be too!

Amanda, I hope you're enjoying your alone time while dh is off playing with his friends. I havent seen FOL yet but I can only imagine! lol I think you will like the calanetic stuff. Now that I've done pilates it does remind me alot of that with the one exception that the movements are very small. Lots and lots of people swear by this stuff so it's gotta work. Had to laugh at NY's blog. What the heck is that girl thinking? I can only wonder if Flav knows the things she's said about him. I wonder if it's even really her??? Too funny about the "diet tips"!!! Cigarettes, coffed, frozen food & Dexatrim is all it takes!

Mia, thanks for getting us started. Hope today is a great day!

Sara, love the tat! Did you go to H&H in Vegas? I personally want to fly to Miami and have Ami or one of the Chris' there do one for me from Miami Ink. Altho' I think if I were getting a portrait Kat would be the perfect artist. My husband thinks I have lost my mind because I want to fly there for a tatoo. Ohh if only he knew just how serious I am! LOL

Alright ladies, it's laundry time! Woo hoo! Don't ya wish you could be here folding clothes! LOL Weather is beautiful today, while it's very warm, there is a breeze and cute puffy white clouds everywhere.
Have an awesome afternoon ladies!!!!
Sugar-N-Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 04:51 PM   #8  

Smile

Hi ladies!

I've had a busy day today, but all is going very well- I'm still on plan.

I only had time for a short break, but I will be around tomorrow. You all take care and have a good night!
AquaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 05:50 PM   #9  

Ok, I'm ready to get back on track full swing. I have struggled for about 2 weeks and, I'll be grateful if I can just end the month of September a pound or two lighter. Thankfully I haven't gained. And my measurements decreased even though my pounds didn't.

Starting Monday I'm going to start my days with cigarettes and coffee, chewing gum for lunch and a lean cuisine for dinner....
jk

Seriously, though, I'm ready to get back in the fight. I'm happy with the success I've had so far. But I don't want to stop here. Looking back on things and from reading through my journal, I think I burned myself out before. That and just having to wrap my mind around the whole healthy eating / weight loss thing. It's a much bigger adjustment than I ever realized. So I'm ready to start over.

I'm going to log what I eat in Fit Day every single day. I never realized what a great tool it is until I started using it last week. I'm also going to make sure I get to bed on time so I don't ever have to miss out on completing my morning walk dvds. I'll leave the extra stuff I like to do for the afternoons and weekends. Like the Pilates, Callanetics (when it arrives) or types of workouts. If I get in at least four "extras" in every week, I'll be fine with that. I need to make all this as sustainable as possible.

Speaking of workouts, if you all happen to come across Leslie Sansone's Fat Burning 4 Mile Walk, I highly recommend it. It's really 80ish and her cueing is off a tad bit at times, but it's a great workout. The toning part at the end really works the abs, butt, hips and hamstrings. In fact I've been feeling my hamstrings since last night. Whew!

I know I should be further ahead than I am right now, but I'll make up for that. I'm motivated and I really want to make lasting lifestyle changes. I'm so, so grateful for you ladies. A huge part of my making the discoveries I've made came from being able to come here and vent. You guys are giving me free therapy! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

BTW, Danielle. I'm sure that's NY's real blog. Howard Stern swears it is. We can trust Howard, right. Speaking of Howard Stern, eight or nine years ago I would listen to him every morning. I had to stop because I was wanting to go on a crash diet. And I'm was a grown woman who's never been very impressionable. I hope there aren't many teenage girls listening to him. Good grief!

Last edited by Amany; 09-17-2006 at 06:12 PM.
Old 09-17-2006, 06:14 PM   #10  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

hey guys havent seen fol yet but hubby told me it was going to be good
i know we all have our own beliefs but there is one thing that i learned in church today that i wanted to share.....
basically to respect everyone's views ill narrow it down and say what i wlearned out of it my pastor's subject was making a postive situation into a negative
i thought on this and realized that as bad a a situation may look its not as bad as it seems for instance since we all are here or weight issues then one day ill mess up on my diet by not exercising well instead of focusing on the fact that i didnt workout i will now think of the postive things that happened or make it positve
also he talked about making quality decsions meaning making a decsion and sticking by it.....and also think about the outcome by not sticking by it

now i wanted to share this because if anyone is like me they make a goal and do not achieve it or if i overeat one day then i use it as an excuse to not worry about getting in my water or working out.. i normally say oh its okay ill start over tomorrow........ well yes it is okay but thats no exuse to mess up the whole day... does this happen to any of you guys??

so i made a pact with myself everyday i will make at least 1 quality decsion and i will stick by it...each day it will be something different until i can make weekly or monthly decsion/goals

sorry to talk you guys to death i just found that really interesting
miafluker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 06:39 PM   #11  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Well gosh, if Howard Stern swears by it then by all means, it must be true!!! We used to get him here on morning radio til he went satellite.

Amanda, I really liked your post just now. I can really tell that you are focused again and ready to do the work (not that you weren't before), and see this thing thru. Weight loss is such a monumental task, especially for some of us where it requires major overhaul on our eating lifestyle. I know that I, too, feel better just venting my frustration last night even if nobody was around. lol Your kind words gave me something to think about and I really took it to heart. I DO deserve this, and my family does love me. Obviously they don't want me dead- even tho' sometimes I swear DH contemplates it! I know that my kids want me to be here forever, and most of all want me happy. You know that old saying, "if mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!". Well that is the absolute truth! LOL

I think it will be great for you to log your intake on FitDay. Personally, I can't even stick with it because I obsess too much over numbers. For me all I do is write what I've eaten and that's it..no calories, no carbs, no nothing. NO NUMBERS! lol This seems to help me, I know it did in the past so I am just going back to what I know works for me. Amazing how we can all be so different in our approach but achieve the same, isn't it? It's taken me FOREVER to finally realize and understand that I am not like the next person, and no one is like me and to quit comparing. I have finally been able to let go of that anxiety I would get when I would see , so n' so lose X amount of weight and I would've only lost half of that, or whatever. All those times would get me so low and feeling helpless that I would eventually quit. It's very gratifying to know that I have worked thru this myself and have risen above it. I think you are definitely making changes that will last you a lifetime. You seem very comfortable with your way of eating and the exercise is second nature. You're so far ahead of the game that I can almost guarantee that we will be seeing a much much thinner, healthier Amanda wandering these parts very soon!

Britt, hey girly girl. I really think that you are doing an amazing job with everything you are trying to accomplish. College & weightloss are two of the biggest things anybody could ever take on. Be very proud of everything you are doing and remember that you are only human. Trust me sweetie, you could never disappoint anybody, especially your family! I am sure they are very proud of everything you do and love you regardless of whatever happens. Most of all, be proud of who you are!

Aqua, good to see ya lady. Hope you're having a great day today. I saw the Viking's won. Musta been a good day in your house, eh?

Mia, I'm so glad that you felt inspired after church today. Yep, positive thinking will get you everywhere! It's extremely important with what we are trying to do to really focus on the positives and realize that we are making huge changes. There will always be mistakes along the way, the key is to remember all the good that is happening and not let any bad situation outweigh the positives! I know you can do this!

It's been a very productive afternoon if I don't say so myself. Hhmm, there's no *patting myself on the back* icon thingy. LOL Seriously, I have been a busy bee all day long! I scrubbed my kitchen from top to bottom, laundry, dusting & vacuuming. Hey, I even washed my glass doors inside & out on my patio! Not too shabby for one afternoon! Now I think it's time for some R&R and a cold drink! First I'm gonna cut out my tree and then relax!
Cya soon chickies!
Sugar-N-Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 09:22 PM   #12  

Mia - Thank you for sharing that message with us. How timely. If only we'd have thought ahead before those binges or before choosing to not exercise..... But all we have is the present moment. What we do right now will lay more than likely determine our futures. Thank you for posting that.

Britt - I'm glad you're feeling better. You've had some enlightenment. That's fantastic! I love those moments. Those are the moments that can change a person's entire life.
You can definitely lose the weight and you will be successful with school. I think you can do whatever decide to do. I really believe that about you. My only advice is to do it for you. Don't let other people set their hopes on you. It's unfair to you and too much pressure. Be the best you that you can be. If the result is that a few people are pleased, then great. And I'm sure they will be This is your life though. Spend some time figuring out what makes you happy.
I know what you mean about the kids thing. Most of my cousins had children before they were ready. I can't tell you how many comments I've heard from family members about the fact that I'll be an older new mother. I'm so happy that I waited to meet a person I want to have children with though. I was very picky. The guys are picky right? Why not us ladies too? I didn't want to be in a position where I would have to be at odds with the father of my children on how I should raise them. Or be worried about whether he and I will stay together. So, I'm glad you waited. When you get married you'll be glad you did.

Danielle - My kindred spirit. My partner in kookiness. My fellow jokester.
I'm glad I was able to help you. You've helped me many a day. I can't wait to see us all 6 or 12 months from now. We're all going to be so different. Physically and emotionally.

Well I'm going to bed. I just finished broiling my chicken breasts for the next three days. Have a good evening ladies. Enjoy FOL!!! Night.
Old 09-18-2006, 05:12 AM   #13  

Morning Ladies!

Just a quick hello. I'm finishing up my coffee. Then I'm gonna workout! I'm so tired this morning but I feel so good. Actually looking forward to exercising. Weird huh? I know, I know...

Have a great day everyone. I'll check back in later!
Old 09-18-2006, 07:41 AM   #14  

Smile

Amany- I just had my smoke, and I am really looking forward to that gum.

NOT!

New York is so crazy. I hope she's not really doing that, that is so unhealthy.

Sugar-N-Spice- I like cleaning my house up like that. It doesn't stay that way for too long, but those few moments are sweet.

Yep, yesterday was the beginning of another good week in this Viking household. Hope it keeps going well for our team.

Well ladies, I'm going to get everyone ready for their day. We are having company later on so I am going to give the house another once over. See you in a bit!
AquaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 09:04 AM   #15  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Good Morning lovelies!! Well I'm so glad that yesterday is over!! Oh the sodium consumption!!!Ugh! Peeked at the scale this morning and I'm going to rethink having a whole day off. I did however get over 120 oz of water in!!

Dont have much time this morning I need to hit the showers and get to studying for an exam I have today. I'll be back this afternoon to check on everyone!! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day!!

My challenge this week is to get 7 days of 100oz of water. I'll post a for each day that I do! My fall challenge starts on saturday, I'm actually really looking forward to making those leaves disappear!!

Have a wonderful day ladies!!
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote