Old 09-12-2006, 02:32 AM   #61  
I'm on the wagon

S/C/G: 314/275.5/125

Height: short stuff

Hi Everybody...

sorry I wasn't here much on the computer all weekend so I missed posting. We spent some time outdoors just doing different things (hubby and I). He goes away again in October so I want to enjoy him while he's home.

Missy, awesome on the running! I can't run yet.. well, I try small bursts of it but I will work up to more as I get thinner. Make sure you have some good running shoes

Hi Val nice to meet you! Yes of course you can join in, that's why we're all here! Sorry to hear you moved from Hawaii, sounds like you preferred it there. Right now I am pretty happy where we live, it's beautiful here.

Talk to you all soon! Hope you're all doing well

~ Angie
Abbeycat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 06:19 PM   #62  
SO Determined!

Height: 5'8"

Angie, Glad you are back!! I wonder why so many are MIA lately...hopefully everyone is ok Hey, I was wondering, does anyone have FitDay for PC on their computer?? I am contemplating buying it because i believe in the power of not only tracking your progress, but food journalling and monitoring your goals. It seems like a good deal, but wondered if anyone had used it and had any opinions on it. I like the free version online, but the download has so much more to offer. Hope everyone is doing well, tonight is a run night for me!! And I'm off~
missyb4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 01:32 AM   #63  
I'm on the wagon

Hi everybody ! Hope we're all doing fine.

Me I'm doing pretty well except for gaining back some water weight on the weekend that I'm now trying to flush out. Hard to believe I could put on 4.5 pounds in 2 days just from not drinking water huh!?? Yeah, I know, it's crazy! 2 pounds were back off this morning though so I have 2.5 to "P" out before Thursday. WHY OH WHY I don't drink my water on the weekend, KNOWING full well this will happen, I don't know. Grr.

Missy-

Yes I have the fitday PC version. It is SO worth it, yes. MUCH MUCH better than the online one. I posted a really detailed long review of it about a month ish or more ago.. if you browse through my posts or search maybe you can find it.

Here's a little trick.. When I was logged into the site (when I was using the web version).. I went to read about the PC version because I was thinking of buying it, and it offered me a discount, something like $10 off.. The was $29 and it offered it to me for $19.99 so I bought it.
** I just logged in there now to see if that will still work and yup it does. Log in, and then look at the top of one of your pages and it will say this:
Advanced Weight Loss Software for $20! (and then a link to the page where it will offer it.)

~Angie

*edit*
here's the post about fitday, I found it

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...93&postcount=4
Old 09-14-2006, 02:56 AM   #64  
I'm on the wagon

Okay just me bumping this thread back so we don't lose it. Hope everyone's doing fine!
Old 09-14-2006, 09:15 PM   #65  

Heyyy all...
It has been a crazy week... I worked out once... it was last night, did some walking and running for about 30 min. I haven't really been able to get on a diet plan, I am currently looking for a good meal plan to take the guess work out of it. Any suggestions?
Halloween is coming up, too. I am going to a Halloween costume party, so I have to pick out a costume. I am thinking of being Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas. What about you ladies??
I am SOOOO happy that tomorrow is Friday!!!!
Apolline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 01:11 AM   #66  
I'm on the wagon

Apolline

Well, there are several kinds of programs you could try.. too many to list really. Depends on the $ you want to spend of course too. If you have $ and want no guess work, you could try one of those food delivery diets that are out now. They deliver your meals to you and there you go, no guess work.

~ Angie
Old 09-15-2006, 06:25 AM   #67  
SO Determined!

Krista, like Angie said, it all depends on how much $ you want to spend, and how much effort you want to put in it, I mean, there is Slim Fast, the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Weight Watchers, LA Weight Loss, Jenny Craig, NutriSystems, you name it. I kinda made my own with bits and pieces that I've learned from Slim Fast & South Beach diet...overall both have relatively healthy eating habits that've made a big change in my life. But, that's all I have time to write right now...I'll write more later.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:30 AM   #68  
searching 4 the real me

Hi Ladies!!

I am one of the ladies who has been MIA I have been so busy that I haven't had to much of a chance to get on here. Things should be back on track for now so I should be posting here everyday or so. I got up early this morning and rode 3 miles on the bike and walked a couple of laps around the complex. I guess that's a good way to start a Friday I need to get my butt back in gear...

Val~ It is really nice to meet you.

Angie~ I haven't been getting my water intake either and your right, it will show on the scale. That shows how important it is for everyone to get there 8-8oz glasses of water. I have been guilty as charged on that topic for the past few days

Missy~ How's the running coming along?

Apolline~ Like the girls said, there are so many different types of meal plans out there. It does depend on how much $$ that you do want to spend. I like Atkins personally. The food that is allowed on Atkins has been what I have always kept in the fridge/freezer so I didn't have to go out and buy anything x-tra or attend any special weigh-ins. However I have heard so many success stories here at 3FC on every single meal plan that is available.
ssgtswife33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 11:54 PM   #69  

I was going for a little bit more low key of an answer. I found a cookbook that I had bought about a year ago that is all healthy recipies and even had ***TA-DAAAA*** MEAL PLANS! So, it is all taken care of, and my home is fully stocked fo the week. I even took a nice long walk today and then when I was out running errands I bought a pedometer.

I am so impressed at how well everyone is doing!!
Apolline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 12:52 PM   #70  
I'm on the wagon

Hey Everybody!

Happy Saturday! Wow can you believe we're almost at October??

ssgtswife33
Hey nice to see you back! Don't worry about it if you're busy and can't make it here. Lately I've found less interest in posting for some reason... not because I'm not on plan or anything like that. I guess I'm just not a _daily_ poster but I do like it here. In the first weeks I needed more support to keep going I guess.
Awesome that you rode 3 miles on the bike. Is that outdoors or do you have an indoor exercise bike? Keep up the good work. And.. YES absolutely, as much as I really never drank a lot of water, I force it into myself these days. Days where I did not drink it, I stagnated for days and days. I put mine in one of those store bought bottles, I find it easier to 'chug' it from one of those!

Apolline
Glad you found some meal plans to start with, that's great. Sounds like you're on the right track for sure. I try to keep my meals kinda simple just cause I am not really a lover of cooking.
I have a pedometer too, and put mine on everytime we go outside walking. I mostly just track the time with mine but it has other features too.

Missy
Just saying "hi" and hope you're doing well. Let me know how it goes with the fitday program

~Angie
Old 09-17-2006, 12:06 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 275/246/180

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone just checkin in this weekend wow its been a productive week but also a icky one it was TOM already lol a week early so that made me not want to work out but i did do my crunches and flutterkicks everyday and i did taebo 5 out of the seven days. Today I picked up a new Taebo tape because the one I had was sooooo old lol and WOW did it kick my butt. Its the two disc total body fat blaster and the fat blaster cardio. Much more intense then my old video but i loved it. How is everyone else doing? stayin strong i hope
~Amber
married2asoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 09:16 AM   #72  
SO Determined!

Good morning!! I'm still trying to pull myself out of a haze, so sleepy!!! It's been a busy weekend, but today was weigh-in day, & I did it! I've lsot 1 lb so far this month...it's been fluctuating so wildly because I wasn't drinking my water, but I did lose that 1 lb, no to see if I can drop 3 more by the end of the month. I've been fairly good about not eating after 7, and drinking my 64+ oz. of water a day. Those little tea packets are AMAZING!!!! Going to the indoor range with DH today, he got a new gun yesterday as a bday present (you know, you think they play with them enough at work, but noooooooooooooo...) Exactly 14 days left to lose 3 lbs...possibly impossible but I'm trying to stay optimistic. Ran last night, will probably go again tonight, wish we all lived in the same area - we could all go workout together!!
I miss you girls!! Hope everyone is doing ok and staying on target, if you need us we're only a couple of clicks away!!
Old 09-18-2006, 04:30 PM   #73  
SO Determined!

Hey ladies!! Hope everyone is doing alright! DH is gone to the field for a week, so that'll give me plenty of opportunity to catch up on laundry and cleaning the house! Also to eat less!!! No pressure to cook Well, housework beckons me. Hope ya'll are doing well!!
Old 09-19-2006, 10:07 AM   #74  
searching 4 the real me

Good Morning ladies!! Happy Tuesday I hope everyone is doing okay. Congrats Missy on loosing that pound That is so wonderful!! Well, I've got a few things to do before taking the kids to school so I better get going. Everyone take care!!
ssgtswife33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 03:46 PM   #75  
I'm on the wagon

Hi everyone

I haven't been posting much lately in general on the board. Not because I'm not on plan or anything.. just that really I seem to have nothing to talk about I guess. I'm doing fine, and keeping busy with work. Very busy with work actually.

Missy, congrats on your loss, that's good news! I didn't lose anything last week but I did well the 2 previous weeks so no complaints. Not that complaining would change anything huh! ? hahaha Congrats on your tae bo too.

Seems my losses have slowed down a bit but I've sort of drifted into a good pattern that I can handle and stick with, without any mental anguish. I eat well and keep everything logged every day, I just find I'm getting a bit bored with the foods I'm eating. I eat a lot of the same things, to keep it easy really. I KNOW if I eat the same things, it's in the 'safe foods' to eat zone, I guess. Hubby wanted me to make fish tonight but aside from baking it in the oven I dunno what else I could do with it (he was wanting Halibut). Anyone have any ideas for fish that don't include breaded coatings or frying? ( I'm not on atkins).

Thanks and hope everyone's having a good week!!

~ Angie