Old 09-06-2006, 07:42 PM   #46  
SO Determined!

Height: 5'8"

Default Hooray!!!!

Ladies, ladies, ladies!!! How is everyone's Hump Day going?? Well, despite a hard core stressful day at work today (payroll is a beeeyotch if ya know what I mean!!) I came home, had a decently healthy dinner, and then I went to the gym. Here's where the fun starts:

I had been on the elliptical for 15 minutes and my feet started falling asleep (for some unknown reason, and it drives me NUTS!!) so I decided to go on the treadmill. Well, I decided to see what I could comfortablly do a mile in....and- let's see, last time I TRIED, I could BARELY push out a mile in 15:30. This time....12 MINUTES!!!!! I'm so pumped I'm practically shaking!! My ultimate goal is to run a mile in 10 mintues, so I only have 2 minutes to shave off. I've decided that I will weigh myself every day as well, but make official weigh in day on Sunday, so I'll post an update then, so as not to get my hopes up with the day to day fluctuations.

Now I am relaxing with a glass of wine, and will eventually get off the computer and get on the ab lounger and knock out about 100 sit ups. I have GOT to be in the 180's...if not in the 170's by Christmas. I've been really good about drinking all my water and eating several small meals a day, consuming only 1500 calories...so as long as I stick to rigorous exercise I should be seeing some hard core results.

Ladies whose hubbies are deployed or getting ready....in the words of New Kids on the Block, "hang tough" The only thing that kept me going when hubby was in Korea, then in Iraq was looking at p ictures, cherishing each phone call, reading books like "Romancing Your Husband" (I STRONGLY recommend this book, it's by Debra White Smith, and the "Power of a Praying Wife" by Stormie O'Martin. Those books made me want to be 8 million times a better wife, and really made the times we talked awesome-check em out if you have the time & $$ (they are cheap) Also, avoid fighting at all costs, really....weigh it out...is ti worth fighting when you don't know if you will talk to him next? I just always kept things light....worked out a ton....worked, just kept busy busy busy and surrounded myself with good friends, be it on the phone, in person, or online Ok, I've babbled long enough and I've probably made everyone dizzy , so I'll hush, can't wait to talk to ya'll!!!
missyb4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 02:58 AM   #47  
I'm on the wagon

S/C/G: 314/275.5/125

Height: short stuff

Hey everyone!!

I'm the latecomer today.. it's almost midnight here PST so everyone on this board is probably asleep since I'm in a later time zone.

Missy you sound like you're rockin along, that's awesome! I have had experience with my feet going asleep too while I'm on the treadmill. Just stop for a few seconds and shake it out (your foot) and it helps. It should eventually go away. Not sure what causes that. Maybe your toes getting pushed to the front of the shoe. Congrats on your treadmill progress. I can't really 'run' yet on mine. I can do 'sorta running' more like a half jog attempt but I'll keep trying until I can. I can only do about a minute of it at a time... I just feel so out of balance that it's gonna take time to work up to doing well at it.

Apolline
I actually started my diet the day after my hubby went away in June. I always did the best at losing weight when I was single and living alone so I figured what a better time to start, and it kept my mind on a 'project' to keep me busy while hubby was away. Of course it didn't cure the lonliness, we don't have kids so it's just me here. BUT it boosted my mood in general most days (give or take a few bad ones) that I was doing something so great for myself. Hubby is back now and goes away again early October for 6 weeks. I guess all we can do is make the best out of what we have. We don't have any choice in the fact our hubby goes away, so might as well try to get through it the best way we can, right? What better thing to do than look better than ever when they come back

Sounds like you guys have it rougher than me with your hubby's work schedules. My husband works day shift one week, then evening shift the next (except for when he's away of course). I prefer when he works the day shift because I work my job from home (computer work) so I like the quiet atmosphere in the day and then we can spend the evening together doing something.

n2luvnlife
Don't worry if you gained your 1 back.. if you lost it, it will come back off quickly I think. It's only 1 pound after all and hey you can get that off noooo problem!

I'll let you know how my week went, tomorrow. Thursday is my 'official' weigh in day, though I get on the scale every morning. I like to be able to predict what my Thursday number will be and not be bummed out waiting all week. I find the scale does fluctuate a lot. Once you get used to seeing it go up and down 2-3 pounds during a week, and realize this is a normal pattern, it doesn't bother you as much after a while.

Talk to you all soon, and keep up the good work everyone!!

~ Angie
Abbeycat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:41 AM   #48  

Goodmorning!!!
I hope that everyones day is going well....
I did some research online on ball gowns WITH sleeves (imagine that!) Here are a few that I found...

...and I thought this one was just hot.. (no sleeves though...)
Apolline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 06:06 PM   #49  
I'm on the wagon

I like the first one - the bright red one - and I LOVE the black one with the half sleeves, that's a beauty!!!

OH the clothes I'm gonna buy when i get to goal.. oh man oh man.. I can't wait!! Yeah I know I don't have to wait to enjoy clothes, but that dream is part of the fun of it all.

~ Angie
Old 09-08-2006, 09:15 AM   #50  

Goodmorning, Military Wives!!!

I hope that everyone has an on plan day today. Personally I failed BIG time yesterday(Mexican for lunch - and not the healthy items- and PIZZA for dinner), but today is a new day!

A little bit for all of us...
Old 09-08-2006, 01:23 PM   #51  
I'm on the wagon

Hi Apolline,

What happened yesterday? Anything we can help you with?
I'm glad you seem pretty cheery today!
Yup just move on and today is a new day! Best way to handle that one, it's only one day after all.

Today is friday! yay!
Old 09-08-2006, 10:35 PM   #52  

Life happened, you know?
Old 09-09-2006, 11:37 AM   #53  
SO Determined!

Krista, I checked out your myspace page. You & I are ALMOST the same height/size. You actually don't even look like you need to lose weight, and it kinda forced me to realize I might be being too hard on myself/my image. I'm probably not as big as I think I am, but my mind definately is one in it's own. But anyways, you're gorgeous, just thought I'd let ya know Hope everyone's saturday is going well, I'll post my weight loss/stagnant/gain on Sunday
Old 09-09-2006, 01:11 PM   #54  

Thank you! That is so sweet of you to say.
I think we are all harder on ourselves than we are on each other. Also, did you look at all of the pictures, cause some of them are older???
It's to bad that you live on the other side of the country, or we could be work-out buddies. I know a lot of women here who go and work out, but they are either in way worse shape than me and I am not getting a good enought work-out, or they are in way better shape than me and I am holding them back.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:47 AM   #55  
SO Determined!

Haha, yeah that whole 3000 mile span of US between us might hinder a steady workout schedule
Speaking of which, we've slacked off ALL freakin weekend...except today, there is still today. I've been stagnant all week which is GOOD considering I've splurged my happy little tail end off....but not good because that could have been spent losing....so, I am going to start drinking slim fast shakes in the morning as a convenience thing with good nutrition because I've been eating rather poorly for breakfast due to a lack of time. That's what we have Monday, a good day to start new habits Hope everyone is accomplishing something this weekend!!!
Old 09-10-2006, 07:15 PM   #56  
SO Determined!

Default Hoooraaaayyy!!!

I DID IT!!!!! I DID IT, I DID IT, I DID IT!!!!!! I just got home, and of course you ladies are the first ones I need to tell. I pushed the daylights out of myself, but by God, I ran my mile in 10 minutes!!! I am so proud of myself, and I actually feel really great! I figure I can start making Sun, Tues, Thurs my run days, and the other days I can have the option (with my conscious being my guide) to hit the gym....(which means of course I'll go.) Hubby has a month long school coming up (Warriors Leaders Course for you Army wives who know what I'm talking about,) and I know that will be a nice jumpstart for me to eat right and work out with no distractions and hopefully build up enough habits to not deter from it when he gets home.
I've almost come to the conclusion that if I honestly want to get back to what I was....I need to form a borderline obbssession with fitness/eating/etc. (that includes taking vitamins and drinking my water) So, obbssession here I come!!

Oo..and it's TOM so I'm sure that didn't contribute to my despair on the scale today...I'm assuming by next weigh-in (sunday) I'll see some positive results
Old 09-11-2006, 06:41 AM   #57  
SO Determined!

Ok ladies, where ya hiding????

Well, today is the beginning of myself kicking my own butt. I have planned out my entire menu for the day, remaining at or below what i want for calories, total fat, cholestoral, etc. taking my vitamins, drinking all my water, working out. I am trying to get my mind into the right frame to stick to this because I've been too wishy washy here over the past couple months. I can't allow myself to splurge so frequently, and I HAVE to really get on the ball losing this weight. Wish me luck. I hope you ladies all did well and saw some results this weekend!!!
Old 09-11-2006, 07:00 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 275/246/180

Height: 5'4"

Hey Missy Great job on cracking down on yourself and making a plan. I weighed in this week and only lost 1lb but a 1lb is still a loss.... and i knew it would slow down at times. still doing my taebo everyday and some days pilates for dummies lol. Hope everyone else is keeping on track.
~Amber
married2asoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 07:03 PM   #59  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Can I join in?!

I'm Val, I'm 23... My husband is in the Navy. We just moved from Hawaii to our new duty station in Maryland *BOOOO* We have a 2 year old son named Aidan . Happy to find you guys!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 08:32 PM   #60  
SO Determined!

Val, great to have you here!!!! Of course you are welcome. I'm sure MD is a shock from HI ~!~ Hope everyone is doing well, it's been kinda quiet in here lately...