Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2001, 08:26 PM   #16  
Work in Progress

Hello all

I just wanted to stop by quick. I didn't sleep well last night and I am exhausted. Had a great OP day. My gym is open again WOOHOO!! I feel great. Tired but great. Doing well food and water wise. The routine is so imporatnt to me. Nice to be back on tract.

Sue Thanks for your support. I am still pondering your PM. I am not ignoring it.

Dana, I think you can get a fake belly ring

How is everyone else doing?

I am off to bed. Will see the gyn endocrinologist tomorrow.
Old 09-10-2001, 11:17 PM   #17  

Default GOOD EVENING

HELLO!!!!

I know, I know, its late but geez, after working all day, taking hubby to store, picking up daughter, grocery shopping, helping with homework, by then it was 9:30.....

Hubby goes back to work wed. for a few hours and I get to take him and pick him up....just another stop for moms taxi hahaha

WHOOPPPEEEEE!!!! Made it through 1st week on induction and lost 5 lbs.....now to get thru second week...starting to lose appetitie ( gosh, I LOVE when that happens)...its always after 2 week induction that I lose motivation so PLEASE GIVE ME A PUSH WHEN THE WEEK IS UP...I WILL NEED IT... I am trying to get myself in different frame of mind for this, like tell myself I am starting induction again(to continue on) to get over the idea that I am done after 2 weeks...that is where I ALWAYS blow it......

Now to work on that exercising....and water....I KNOW I CAN, I KNOW I CAN

TAKE CARE and talk to everyone later!!!!!!
Old 09-11-2001, 05:54 AM   #18  
Work in Progress

Good morning all

Terri- Way to go on the last time you will ever complete the first week of induction!!!! As you will be strapped in on the bus. Great weight loss!! Sounds like your life is getting a little less hectic w/ DH heading back to work via Mom's taxi .The loss of appetite still amazes me.

Sue- You belly dancing mama you. how is your work holding up? I went thru a unit closure 3 years ago. My it took me along time to cope w/ that. I know that it was an emotional time for everyone there. In fact I am currently planning our third egt together.

Dana, How are you doing. Don't forget to update your weight loss total over at teh 100# club. We have some low carb people ovewr there. You are a inspiration that we must share.

How is everyone else doing? There are alot of quiet people on teh bus Sleeping?

I am doing ok. Found some new lower body w/o that I am planning on trying.

You all have a good day
Old 09-11-2001, 11:17 AM   #19  

IS EVERYONE OK? PLEASE CHECK IN.

I'M IN NEW HAMPSHIRE AND, SO FAR, WE'RE OK HERE.

GOD SAVE US ALL!

JOANNE
Old 09-11-2001, 12:12 PM   #20  

Default SENDING PRAYERS

HOW AWFUL!!!!

Just sitting here watching the news and feeling so sad about all this.....still cant believe it......

Sending out prayers to everyone everywhere!!! We will all need them......

Hope everyone and their families are safe.......
Old 09-11-2001, 06:08 PM   #21  
Work in Progress

Hi all, I and my family am OK. Just glued to the TV. My DH just told me that afganistan is being bombed. What next and why?
we are in NNY.

Terri and Joanne I am glad you and yours are safe

Take care all and god bless
Old 09-11-2001, 06:55 PM   #22  

Hello Princesses,

Just a quick check-in. All well here. My prayers are will with all. What an unbelievable tragedy that besets us all.

My love and prayers to all of you,

Lee
Old 09-11-2001, 08:46 PM   #23  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Dana i was so worried whe i saw they had hit close to pitsburgh. i thi=ought of you right away. I am glad that you are ok (I saw a post up in the 100's)

I am glad that the other girls are doing ok.

I am having a bit of a hard time with work not just the closing but trying to get these girls off to other employment and that means i have to have several visits on them before i can give them their certificut and then with my nurse going out to the rescue i am in a huge puddle of shi* s i am not doing very well with the stress factor. UUGGHH

I am to tired and must go to bed as i can not think. I will check in tomorow.
Old 09-11-2001, 09:03 PM   #24  
I WILL REACH MY GOAL!

We need to pray!

What a sad day for America and the WORLD! None of us will ever be the same. I am an Administrative Assistant in an Elementary School. I heard the news when my mother called me after she saw it on television. I alerted a teacher in my office who immediately went to the lounge and turned on CNN. We then alerted each teacher and staff member one by one privately so as not to alarm the little children. Each teacher/staff member fought off tears, anger and disbelief so that she/he could give the children a NORMAL day of school. Our school phone rang non stop as parents called to see if school would be let out early, if they could come and get their children or simply to see if we were "alright." It was a school day where innocence was lost forever. I was in Kindergarten when Kennedy was shot. My crying Kindergarten teacher gave us the news. When I went home that day, my mom was watching tv, which was a very unfamiliar site as she lived in the kitchen! This day reminded me of that. The teachers and staff DID NOT tell the children. We wanted to give them a NORMAL school day...and leave the loss of innocense to their parents to share with them in their own way. I answered a hundred calls. Then, when the plane crashed in PA, (not far from us as I am from Pittsburgh), the calls and concerns grew! As parents requested their children, and the kids asked, "Why are so many kids going home." We made up a story about road construction and people trying to avoid it by getting kids early. It worked. There was not so much as a whisper about the horror of the day. When I got in my car at the end of the day....I just wanted to go home! I watched their sweet, smiling faces as they boarded the school buses....knowing that tomorrow, their faces would be much different. Tomorrow, every child in that school will be changed. Will they be able to fall asleep tonight? Will they be able to return to school tomorrow and not be afraid? How I wish it was YESTERDAY!!!

Personally.......I called my hubby and asked that he try to get ahold of our two sons. Both are in college. One is in Ohio and one is here in Pennsylvania. Thank God they were ok......and both called ME to say so. It was wonderful to hear their voices and I thank God for their safety. How horrible that we live in fear for the safety of our children. They are not safe to turn your back on in the grocery store to reach for an item when they are a baby. They can not ride their bikes to the corner store for bubble gum when they are 8. They can not walk to the store to rent a video game when they are 13. When they are 18 and 21 (as mine are), they can not be in college....away from home......"grown-up" and allow parents piece of mind. I worry constantly about them.....just the NORMAL stuff moms do......and now THIS. We have all lost something today; and I cry for that. I got on my knees at work today in my office and prayed to God. Sadly, I could not find the words to say. I was alone, and I just could not find the words. I pray all the time...but today...I could not find the words.

As women....as mothers......as daughters....as sisters........as friends......we need to pray. Even if you can not find the words, we need to pray.

The bus will keep rolling. We will perhaps be a little more quiet on the ride for a few days....but we will get to goal. We must promise eachother that we will not turn to FOOD as a way to avoid the stress. We must remember to smile and keep a positive attitude in spite of all that is going on around us. We are still here.......and that is more than many people can say. We are still here. Where there is LIFE, there is HOPE. We must stick together and "fight the good fight" as I always say. And....we must pray.
GOD BLESS EACH AND EVERYONE OF US!
Old 09-12-2001, 05:41 AM   #25  
Work in Progress

What a sad morning.

I must admit that I used my exercise time to catch up on the world events. I have seen early morning footage of what remains of the wtc. It is horrifying. It reminds me of ww2 pictures after london was bombed. I feel so helpless and powerless. I can only imagine that there are so many people who don't know where members of there family are. and won't know for many days. I have a friend in teh army reserves and another whose husband is active duty. We live 30 mins from fort drum an army base. Much of the local community functions around this.

Paula thanks for checking in.

Dana- what a day for you. It is amazing how the need to protect seems inherant to us. My father did a roll call last night checking on his 6 children. Unfortunaley yesterdayu was 2 of my sisters birthday. I am sure there wasn't much to celebrate and this day will forever be in their memory as it will be in all of ours.

Well take care of yourself check in when you can.
Take a minute to be greatful for your blessings and pray for those much less fortunate
Old 09-12-2001, 09:34 AM   #26  

I have been glued to the television since this all began. I kept it on in my bedroom as I tried to sleep. What a terrible tragedy!!!

As I have often found with the tragedies in my lifetime, life does go on, but friends, take time to grieve. It's normal and it's natural. Gather your loved ones and give thanks to Him that you are together. Pray for those who have someone missing whether by death, or unfound.

You are all in my prayers. We are all so devastated and share this tragedy together. Food is the furthest thing from my mind. There's no comfort to be found other than knowing the majority of my family is safe (I still haven't heard from those in New Jersey).

I had been suffering from terrible depression...this tragedy was a real slap in the face. I have nothing for which to feel sad, compared to what these families must face

May God bless you all and keep you strong.

Lee
Old 09-12-2001, 12:54 PM   #27  

Unhappy

Hi.

Shane woke up with a low-grade temp and an upset tummy so he and I stayed home today. While he was resting this morning, I called the few family members and friends that I could not reach last night due to busy phone lines.

My dad shared some very somber news. One of the pilots of one of the flights that crashed into one of the towers (Tim McGinnis) was someone we all knew. His parents had lived next door to my dad's parents growing up and my dad had often babysat for him. I remember his mom having him play "life guard" for us younger kids in the summer when he was a teenager while we swam in their pool. He left behind three kids and a wife. Another pilot (didn't get his name) who lived in Dracut, MA is the 2nd cousin of my brother's wife.

I hope none of you personally knew any of the victims in this cautastrophy. It makes it almost too much to bear.

Old 09-12-2001, 05:02 PM   #28  
Work in Progress

Good afternoon all,
Still very somber times. I think that the reality is slowly sinking in.

First I would like to apologize to Lee as I keep referring to her as Paula. You are very polite not to say anything

Joanne, How awful for you and your family. It is too much to bear.
I don't think we realize how many people we ourselves touch, or how small this wrold can be at times.

I hope everyone else is as OK as can be.
Take care all
Old 09-12-2001, 08:44 PM   #29  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

My brother was working on the marriott hotel that was between the bbuiling, but he had a dr appt. yesterday that prevented him from going to work. so he was safe. thank god.

I am eating OP today back on tract

bellydaancing tonight ddid good and really hard.

tomorow my cabana boy

Joanne i am sorry for your loss. it is such a tragity.

Lee your depression is very real and still significant. dispite the others tragity. do not think that it is nothing to get treated. there is an imbalance and it needs to be corrected. and you do need to eat (healthy) but eat pleasee.

25 i am thinking of you and the kids. how good of you there to protect the kids as much as you can. how scarry tto be so close. god bless you and the kids.
Old 09-13-2001, 06:30 AM   #30  
I WILL REACH MY GOAL!

Sorry for not checking in yesterday everyone. Computer problems forced me to shut it down but I am up and running todaay!

Thank you for your kind words and consideration about the school children. Most do not realize the severity of it all which is a blessing. One 5th grader said, "If they wanted to hurt America, why didn't they just hit the Statue of Liberty?" She does not understand that they were trying to get the people. A 2nd grade boy thought that with all the parents coming in to pick-up their children that a BAD PERSON was going to come to the school to GET all the kids. Their minds work differently than ours. We hung the flag at half mast yesterday. Since I work at a Catholic School, we prayed during morning announcements and the teacher who leads everything on the public address system broke down as she recited the Pledge to the Flag which is the last part of the morning routine. She covered herself well, but I think that speaks volumes. The issues were discussed by most teachers with the children and everyone went to church during some part of the day. Pray is all most of can do.

nasus...we ARE joining the YMCA. Hubby and I discussed fitting the membership into the budget...and it is a go! I want to take of another 20 pounds before hitting the weight room there as it is very small...and most there are BUFF beyond belief. I have decided to SWIM laps there until I get 20 off while my hubby swims also and hits the weight room. He will learn all the weight room stuff and then assist me when I get over there. He also promised to teach me how to play racket ball since they have a court there and I promised to TRY racket ball if he did not blame me for playing like a 'girl'. We walked 2 miles last night at a local park and discussed it all. He would like to take off about 15 pounds...(wish that is all I had to lose)...so this will be god for BOTH of us! SO GET OFF MY BACK!!

fralick......how are you doing on plan? Has our buddy nasus gotten the EXERCISE BUG to bite you yet????? I am anxious to hear about your progress. I weigh in tomorrow and hope the "pistachio" kick I have been on will not haunt me when I get on the scale!

jdoneil....so sorry for your loss. I think by the time names are released...we will all "know" someone. We are waiting to hear about the brother of a friend right now.

paula......do not let the depression overwhelm you!!!!!!!!!! I know what I am talking about from personal experience as there was a time I suffered from panic attacks. Get the help you need and take good care of yourself. We are all here for you....but YOU GOTTA BE STRONG! Help is available! We all want you healthy and HAPPY!

tornadoterri......glad to hear from you! How is your plan going? We all need to stay on the bus and get to goal together! Please share!

Lurkers as always are welcome to come aboard. (Sorry if I missed anyone.) Please check in!

I will check in tomorrow after I weigh in! Keep your fingers crossed that my buddy the scale is nice to me!
Closed Thread