Old 08-19-2006, 11:21 PM   #1  
Proud Twinmom

S/C/G: 250.5/223.5/147

Height: 5'8

Smile The Winning Losers - Wk of 8/20/06 - Newcomers Welcome

The Winning Losers

Welcome to the Winning Losers!! Here is to a new week of success and motivation!! Let's all keep trucking along in our weight loss, posting about our triumphs and obstacles, our ups and downs and any tips and ideas.

Newcomers are always welcome! Please don't be shy, just go ahead and jump right in!

Challenge(s) this week

Water - Goal of at least 10 - 8 oz glasses each day.
Physical Activity - Some sort of activity as many days per week that you can muster.

Note: No one is obligated to be part of the challenge(s). Completely voluntary.

So here's to another week of good health and much success.

Elycia
u2girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 07:39 AM   #2  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning everyone. Oh, my back....

My lower back is aching from the skating. Oh well, that means I used muscles back there, right? I'm still glad I went and I'm going to go back.
Don't forget about the exercise challenge! At first I was going to post the names and number of days each person exercised. But we can all just post our own! So far I have 5 days in, but I'm going to get in one more exercise session today. Then I'll post in great big, bold letters "Amanda exercised six days this week!".

Don't forget to post what you've accomplished so we can all celebrate together. Great job everyone!! We'll start a new week tomorrow.

PS If you missed my personals to everyone they'e on the other thread. They're the second and third to last posts.

Last edited by Amany; 08-20-2006 at 07:47 AM.
Amany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 09:14 AM   #3  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

::slinks back in::

Um...hi. I'm sorry I dropped off the face of the internet for so long (and thanks for the pm, Danielle, it reminded me that I really need to get back here). The past two weeks have been kind of insane, what with my mom's birthday and family stress and my job and trying to get my act together for my last semester of grad school etc. etc. I could go on, but it's all boring excuses when the truth is I just haven't made time to be online.

But I have been keeping up with my fitness regimen, at least for the most part, and I've lost about four pounds since the last time I posted. Of course now my weight is creeping back up for no apparent reason, as it likes to do just to mess with my head, but I'm trying to ignore it and continuing to work out. Which I need to go do now, since I have to be at work in a few hours, but I wanted to stop in here and say hi and I'm sorry I abandoned you guys before I put it off for another two weeks.

So hi! I hope everyone's doing well and I will try to catch up with the conversation after I work out. Hi to the new people I haven't met yet!

Last edited by thistoo; 08-20-2006 at 11:19 AM. Reason: because I can't type
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 09:31 AM   #4  

Smile

GOOD MORNING CHICKS!!!!!

Hi everyone!

Amany- I keep forgetting to post my water and all that. I have excersised everyday since Thursday. I was too sick before that to keep going. I have kept the water challenge, I always drink all my water- so that's all good! Ah, remember being younger and how things like skating never left us scathed and in muscle pain? Now we just get all stiff and have to use heating pads and aspercreme... Yeah, I keep looking at my old clothes and I long to wear a sleeveless shirt. I remember when my husband first saw me do laundry years ago, he said my shirts looked like children's shirts! And no, I never wore revealing clothes I just was small...now I outweigh him and I just feel like... *sigh* Well, Here's to a new life and lifestyle. I want my old body back.

thistoo- So glad to see you back! Congrats on the weight loss.
AquaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 10:06 AM   #5  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Hello Ladies Great Morning.
Amanda roller skating I remember doing that I havnt dont that in over 20 years. I used to go every weekend but I went one time and I have an employee come up and ask me if I was Pregnate Please Dont get on the floor. I was so upset that I never went back because I wasnt Pregnate. Great Job ther is only one rink around here and we Stopped By once and it was terrible. The place had food and garbage all over the place. Me and the hubby said we wouldnt go back.

I will post later on tonight and let everyone know what I have done this week I have to get going and take the kids to the docs will check in later.
Butterfly50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 11:46 AM   #6  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Good Sunday Morning lovelies!!!

Danielle....I'm so happy to see that you turned it all around yesterday and put the pizza behind you! I knew you would!! Great job yesterday, you should be proud!!!

Brat...Well there you are!!!! I hope when you get back to the computer and can read this your mouth is feeling better! How's everything else going?

Bonnie...all that housework and trapsing around the mall burned some calories. Plus its good to give your body a day off to recover, you've been rocking that exercise pretty hard so it deserves a break. Got your water handy? its hard to get it in when you are out and about! I'm sorry to hear about your skating incident...some people are so ignorant!!

Amanda...I think skates are an excellent reward!!! I'm so happy you had fun! I remember those exclusive skates when i was a kid. Arent men the biggest babies when they are sick or hurt! LOL! Hope his back is better soon! Way to go on controlling your sugar craving yesterday!! Girl you are so amazing! Such an inspiration for me!

Elycia...thanks so much for starting a new thread! I'm ready to meet those challenges head on!! No more excuses and no more looking back for me!!

Caroline...so good to see you back here!! When you've got so much going on thats exactly when you need your support group behind you! We are always here for you to keep you pumped up and doing what you want and need to do to be fit and healthy! Great job on the exercise and Yay!! 4 lbs gone!! You are doing so GREAT!!!

5 days in a row of 100oz of water or more!!! Now only 2 more to go and that yoga mat is MINE!!! Made my fresh salsa last night and it turned out so good! Amanda there's not really a recipe but this is what I did
2 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
1/2 onion diced
2 jalapeno peppers diced
1 serrano pepper diced
2 cloved garlic minced
2 TBSP Cilantro (I used dried but soaked it in water to soften it)
3-4 TBSP lime juice
Mix it all together and let sit for 2 - 4 hours
and you can play around with it for how hot you like it serrano peppers are hotter or find mild peppers, some people use bell peppers.

Okay...I'm ready for a great day! but really gearing up for a FANTASTIC week!! I think my bike was sold, drove by last night and it wasnt out front like it had been, but the place could have been closing up for the night I dunno! Today was supposed to be my sleep in day but I just couldnt sleep in!!

Have a wonderful day everyone!!
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 01:29 PM   #7  

Caroline!! I wondered where you were chicky. Don't stay away so long next time. Congrats on your weight loss!

Danielle - Thanks for bringing Caroline back. Between you and Melissa, we'll be 100 strong in no time.

AquaChick - Great job on the exercise. Congrats on the three new pounds!! Trying to be quiet about it, were you? Hmm...? You know I'm a big mouth!
BTW, I know how you feel. I put on a pair of my husband's shorts just to run out to the car real quick one day and couldn't even close them up! I want to be lots smaller than him. It would make me feel more feminine, I guess.

Bonnie - Great job on all your hard work this week!!
I'm so sorry that happened to you. It's too bad that the one rink you have is a mess. I'm surprised the owner(s) would let it get that bad. Pitiful...

Melissa - Thanks so much for the recipe. I can't wait to try it out. I love salsa atop broiled meats. I can't wait to do it with homemade. Mmmm...
Yes, men are HUGE babies. Whenever my husband is in the beginning stages of having some sort of sinus problem, I nip it in the bud right away. God forbid he get sick. Life has to stop and he has to be catered to. On top of being a man, he's the only child of a single mother. He's soooo spoiled.

Well, ladies, I'll check in later. Have a great afternoon all!
Old 08-20-2006, 01:29 PM   #8  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Hello! Hello! Gosh you guys got busy here early today! Wonderful to see such motivation and excitement about exercise, water & healthy eating. Amazing what all that can do to a person's psyche.

Amanda, I am SO proud of you for going skating! You sound like you had the best time ever. How you described the rink doing certain songs for certain people, etc..is exactly how I grew up. Talk about flashbacks! You definitely used muscles in your back you never knew you had! Isn't it funny how when we were kids none of that happened and we just went & went & went, day after day? I get tired thinking of all the energy I had back then! I definitely think skates as a reward is an awesome idea! Go for it chicky, those skates will be yours in no time!

Elycia, how has the weekend been? I hope you wre able to get thru your plans this weekend okay with the girls and all. Thanks for starting the new thread, definitely needed it I think. We're a chatty bunch!

Brat, there ya are darlin!!! I was wondering what happened to you. I am so glad you posted just to update and let us know what was happening. Hopefully soon when you have more time to spare you'll be able to chat it up with us!

Caroline!!! I am so glad you came back, I've missed ya woman. You are doing so great, you have alot to be proud of!! 4 pounds is amazing! I'm sure with work and school and everything else doesn't leave much time for extras, just please come by when you can and let us know what you're up to, ok? Just know that we are here to support you and motivate you any way we can to keep you truckin along. You are doing so well, I couldn't be prouder!

Good Afternoon Aqua, hope your day is going beautifully!

Bonnie, ugh, I have pregnant stories coming out of my ears! lol I've been asked if I'm pregnant by people standing in line at Subway TWICE (2 different occasions), by little kids at my kids school, even my own Aunt!...I could go on... point is, I've got a poochy belly, too much weight gained w/ each "real" pregnancy and 3 c-sections to show for it...enter the dancing belly! Ugh! I will be so glad to see most of this thing leave! Thank God no one's asked me if I'm preggers in a few years now, but man, it sure does sting when they have! I hope the girls check ups go alright and they're doing a-ok!

Melissa...2 more days, 2 more days!! You are so close to getting that mat! Woo hoo! You WILL have an amazing week, I just know it! I pray pray pray that your bike is still there! Your salsa sounds yummy, reminds me of football Sundays coming up!!! I can't wait! I'm so ready for all this pre-season stuff to end and get to the good stuff. lol

I am moving pretty slow today girls! Bob really kicked my hiney with that workout yesterday. I am sore from the top of my head down to my tippy-toes! And you guys think I'm joking! I'm not! I slept like a rock last night tho, but waking up today, OYE! His workouts entail using every muscle you've got and boy oh boy am I feelin it today! LOL

I made a decision last night that I am going to add in fruits. I need to try something because this dragging around with no energy is for the birds! I'm going to try adding the fruit in and maybe some grains...maybe make it like a WW Core program typa thing. I just know that I hate feeling like this. Somehow someway my body is rebelling against this strict low carbing and I cannot deal anymore. Its like my body chemisty is different now or something? Weird-o-rama! I'm VERY nervous about doing this, entering a realm of fruits and grains is something I've only done doing a low fat regime...I'm still going to try and keep it lower carbs and see what happens. I hope I am not setting myself up for major failure here, and the scale decides to go the other way. OR, worse yet, my bingeing tendancies come back with a vengeance! That is why I need lc, but man, I am tired of being tired. And miserable. And grouchy. And sleepy! We'll see how it goes. Keep yer fingers crossed!

Have a great day ladies!!!

♥Progress Not Perfection♥
Sugar-N-Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 02:03 PM   #9  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Good After noon Chicks wasnt feeling to great this morning and I went and did a work out and now I dont feel so bad. I dont know how we were going to be doing this But I am going to post my Exercise stats for the week. I keep it a note book and right down everthing I eat and exercise and I need to start me Watertoo .

SO here it is.

Monday watp total 67 minutes
Tuesday None
Wesnesday watp-airstrider-walking total 144 minutes
Thursday watp- total 30 minutes
Friday watp- total 71 minutes
Saturday None
Sunday watp -total 105 minutes

the whole total for the week is 417 minutes.
Unfortanlly the water wasnt as good I only made the goal of 100 ounces only 1 day this week. Will try harder next week.

Butterfly50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 02:42 PM   #10  

Smile

Hi everybody!

Hun.e.B- Good job on the water intake, and thanks for the recipe!

Sugar-N-Spice- Nice to see you today! I know how it feels to be a little whooped after a workout. It makes you stronger though, and it's a "good" hurt. You know you were doing something right.

Butterfly50- Good workout regimine you got going there! Glad you are feeling better.

Amany- You always bust me on sneaking my new stats in...lol...
AquaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 03:39 PM   #11  

Hello all!!

This will be short. Just posting that I EXERCISED 6 DAYS THIS WEEK!!!

Monday: Tae Bo / Pilates
Tuesday: None
Wednesday: 3 Mile Leslie Sansone / Pilates
Thursday: Just the Miracle Mile (I was under the weather)
Friday: George Foreman Walk and Box / Pilates
Saturday: Roller skating
Sunday: Abs of Steel 2000 /shadow boxing / Pilates

It's fine if you don't know what you did each day. Just posting the number of days you worked out is fine. Great work everyone!!!

Last edited by Amany; 08-20-2006 at 04:48 PM.
Old 08-20-2006, 05:40 PM   #12  

Ok, now that dinner is on I have a few moments. Cornish hens and broccoli. Yummy!!

Aqua - Of course I'll always bust you when you sneak in your weight loss. I'm proud of you! I know how hard you've been working. You deserve to be celebrated.

Bonnie - It feels good to work through the "ickys", doesn't it? Good for you! Your exercise regimine is impressive. You are really motivating me to step it up. Don't worry. You'll get better with the water. Eventually you'll prefer it to other drinks.

Melissa - I hope you're mistaken about the bike. I really wanted you to have it. Do you think you'd be able to find any other bikes you like as much? I know you'll definitely have that yoga mat soon though.
Thanks for all your kind words. Now I have to try to live up to them!

Danielle - Lots of things seem to go downhill sometime in our twenties. When I was a little girl I used to skate for hours and run just for the heck of it. I would actually go to the track and run for about 2 or 3 miles just because it was fun. Now it seems unfathomable.
Nothing like a good workout to give you a good night's sleep. It sounds like Bob has been good to you! He's transforming your body.
Old 08-20-2006, 08:09 PM   #13  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Thought I'd kick my kids off the computer and see what you all have been up to today! Its been a lazy day around here, I wanted to go to the lake but it seems my dh decided to go golfing after work instead. Perhaps tomorrow the girls and I will go. I've almost got my 100oz of water already!

Danielle...how you feeling this afternoon? I hope a little looser! Bob sure kicked your butt! LOL! I dont think eating healthy foods is setting yourself up for anything but success!! You didnt realistically think that you'd cut fruit and whole grains out forever did you? And I know you are all about making this your lifestyle, not a diet. So maybe your body is just telling you that you forgot something! You'll figure it out, I know you will!

Bonnie...are you feeling any better? I hope so! You did so great with exercise last week!!! Way to go!! Keep it up!! And Cheers on that water!!

Aqua....Congrats on the 3 lbs!!! You should be shouting that from the rooftops! LOL!! Excellent job! Life is looking so great on you!

Amanda...WOOOHOOO!! that is so excellent!! 6 days!!! GREAT job!!! Your energy and enthusiasm is infectious!!! I'm sure there are other bikes out there that I would love just as much, I just have this problem of finding one thing and getting focused on it! LOL! Hopefully its still there come friday!

Alright, we are having burgers tonight. Not the healthiest but its summertime eats. Moderation right! And big brother will be on soon...anyone watch? Have a wonderful evening everyone! And lurkers, come out and play!!!

~melissa
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 08:31 PM   #14  

Oops! I always forget something.

Danielle - I agree with Melissa. Maybe it is time to start adding back the fruits and grains. Try doing it slowly. Like a one or two things every two weeks to see if you're still losing. If you decide to try to phase low-carb bread, I hear that Ezekial Bread is great. It's supposed to have sprouted grains as opposed to processed flour.
Old 08-20-2006, 08:45 PM   #15  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

This day has flown, I can't believe its already gonna be Monday!

Amanda, you rock! Look at you and your exercise! I love your rewards you've set up for yourself. I know you will attain every one of them. What I'm most excited about is being here to see you do it!

Bonnie, hope you're feeling good. How are the kids?

Melissa, I'm bummed you guys didn't go to the lake, hopefully tomorrow! No, I didn't expect to cut out grains & fruit forever (you know me better than that!), but you know me and lc'ing. Was really hoping to het a good chunk of this weight off doing more restrictive, but I guess my body has other plans. LOL its all good with me, it just feels really good to know that I'm ok with weight coming off slower, knowing that I am finding a way to live and not diet. For so many years it was all about the next diet that all it did was propel me back up to the weight I am at now! Feels real good to be focused and at peace at the same time.

Still really feeling that workout- I did however ride my bike for 40 min while I watched a movie. We're making progress!
Sugar-N-Spice is offline   Reply With Quote