Old 08-22-2006, 11:17 PM   #91  
Proud Twinmom

S/C/G: 250.5/223.5/147

Height: 5'8

Default Elycia Again 8/22

My, My, My you ladies sure can post. Ohhhh, I think that great! Our little network of support. Time for my book for the evening. Here goes....

Danielle, I don't quite know which book that you are talking about. Did you order from Amazon? I always order books used from either Amazon.com or Half.com and get great deals. Sometimes the books are new just have a remainder mark and are in otherwise perfect condition. I think it is a great idea for you to stick with exercise and water. You will be doing 2 wonderful things for yourself. But what you are doing is what I want to do for my family. I want to prepare healthy for the entire family, not separate meals. What's the fun in that?? Besides, it is too much work. Tonight I fixed spaghetti and meatballs and salad. However, I used the Fit & Active Turkey Meatballs that are much less fat and I put the spaghetti sauce and meatballs in a separate pot so I could put the amount of sauce that I wanted on my spaghetti. I mean there are definitely ways that you can prepare healthful meals for the entire family without complication. Kudos to you Danielle!

Sara, I hear what you are saying about being hungrier when you workout regularly. That is why I chose not to add too much cardio to my routine. Too much cardio definitely makes me hungrier, then I feel like I am defeating my purpose. You are not alone in saying "I'm just going to be happy fat", I have definitely been there. However, I know that there is no way I would be happy at this size indefinitely. No way! Plus my daughters, I have to be a better example to them. Those factors plus my vanity made it impossible for me to keep all of this weight on me. It's gotta go! Your little piggie idea is funny. I may have to borrow it if/when I get discouraged along the way. Thanx for sharin'.

Amanda, you are rawkin' and meltin'. Congrats on your 2 lbs. loss. Girl, be proud of your loss. I'm sure proud of ya. I do know what you mean though. Now that you have resolved to lose the weight, you just want it off already. But, we know it didn't come on overnight, although it may seem like it, and it isn't going to leave overnight either. Like you said a year will be here in no time. You will be lookin fabulous and feelin fabulous in no time. I know when I think about the fact that the girls are 9 months, I can't believe it. The time just flew by. It's going to be the same way with your weight loss. You are going to look in the mirror one day and be like "Where did I go?" Hang in there! You are doing wonderful and a your enthusiasm and weight loss is an inspiration to all of us.

Trish, so glad that Melissa invited you and that you decided to join us. It's always nice to hear new thoughts and ideas. I am sorry that you are feeling dizzy. Last Monday was really my first day and I tell ya, for at least 3 days, I had the most horrible headache, I just wanted to be knocked out. The ladies here thought it might be sugar withdrawal or something which is very likely. Fortunately, I got through it and I am so happy that I did. Since I have been working out regularly and eating cleaner, I feel 200% better. So, I hope you figure out what is making you dizzy and get to feeling better. Regarding Taebo, I think he RAWKS! He is so full of energy and it is contagious. I love when he comes to the screen and says "I can't hear you counting." He talks so positive and you know sometimes you need that when you are working out. I can't kick that high anymore, but I will one day soon.

Melissa, glad that you had a good time and the lake and gettin' that water in. Good job!

TriciaK, sorry about that rough day! I tell ya, it seems like when you want to get started everything in the world is against you. Well, what I have been doing lately is arranging my thinking around the "Dust Yourself Off and Try Again" mentality. Hey, if I mess up one day or one meal, that's okay. It does not mean that I have the okay to mess up the rest of the day or the rest of the week. Dust myself off and get back on target. So don't let today discourage you too much. I know that it is hard, but it will be so worth it if you persevere. Hey, as an extra measure, I am sending some {{{{good vibes}}} and your way. Hang in there Tricia. It is very good that you came here to post your situation for some encouragement.

Hi Mia, good to see ya. Good job on staying away from pop and drinking the water. Keep up the good work.

Hey there iwantnewpants! Ugh! Dismay would be an understatement for me. You have a very positive attitude and that is great!!! We love positive attitudes here. Well, like I was telling TriciaK, don't allow yourself to get too discouraged. Let the dismay empower you and invigorate you to get on the ball. It's so wonderful that you are taking the job of your health seriously and it is an encouragment to all of us.

to everyone else. Love ya ladies!

Well, I better get going. Oh my gosh, I almost forgot, remember the job that I was telling you I am not going to stress about. I got it! Yay! I start on Monday. I knew something would come through. I just had to be patient and allow it to happen. I think that ideology applies to so many aspects of our lives. On that note, I am going to get outta here!

Ciao!

Elycia
u2girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 12:28 AM   #92  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Elycia, the book I was talking about is the Glycemic Load Diet. I had bought the G.I. Diet yesterday but I don't think it is for me. Yes, I ordered it from Amazon for 10 bucks brand new. I order off there all the time, love it. I think if I quit putting so much emphasis on food (like I love to do--i love my food!) I will do ok. Like I said before, if I find I'm happy just watching portions and eating "normal", not necessarily low carb, before I get this book, I may opt to just stick with it. Another book for the bookshelf, which is fine by me, I love reading about new things so it'll be fun no matter what. Congratulations on the job!! What is it you'll be doing? I knew something would work out! You mentioned cooking seperate meals, ugh, I did that last time I did Atkins. What a pain in the butt! I can't even believe I did it for over 5 months! Got to be very very stressful.

Bonnie, you're dr is right! Too bad we gotta pay someone all that money to tell us what we already know deep inside, huh?
Sugar-N-Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 12:40 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 273/248.5/160

Height: 5 Ft. 6 In.

Hello All: I've been doing pretty good on drinking more water. I wish I liked it better. I even got some stretch band exercises and a bit on the gazelle. What do you call this? Shusshing? You all are going gang busters. I feel like I'm burning calories just reading all that you are all doing.LOL
I may not post often, but I do keep tabs on what's going on.
Norma
harkeyvalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 08:22 AM   #94  

Smile

Good Morning Ladies!!!

Hun.e.B- Hi! Glad you had a good time on the lake, great job continuing to work on the water intake!

TriciaK- It's okay sweetie... take a deep breath... okay. We will help you get through this. I know what those tight jeans moments are like. I actually had a flashback when I read your post. What's important, (and the only thing we can do anything about) is the now. Okay, the clothes are tight. We just have to remember it is a slow process, but we can do it. You can actually use this tight jeans experience to your advantage, when those compulsions to eat something that will not help you come along, try to remember the jeans. Ah, I know it's hard. ((((BIG HUGS))))

Sugar-N-Spice- That's right about the mental battle! It is so hard. Once we can zoom in on it, and grasp that concept in the moment, we learn to excercise control.

Butterfly50- I have cried before after looking at the scale. My hubby is obsessive about scale #'s and I think it made my complex about that worse. Like the higher my number is the less he thinks of me. Probably in my head, but still. I hate the scale ....until it says what I want it to say...

u2girl- Congrats on the job!

harkeyvalley- Hi hon! Great job on the water, it does get easier.
AquaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 09:23 AM   #95  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Good Morning ,

Today is a good day for me. My kids started school today as you can see I am excited. I am also excited cause I got on the scale today and I lost 8 Pounds Iam feeling great at the moment I know I will come down here soon I have been up since 5:15 getting kids ready.

Now I can consider myself in Phase 2 of my weight loss plan.

Phase One - Deciding that I need to lose weight
Phase two- Actually doing it and loosing weight

Congrats to all of you and keep up the good work.
Butterfly50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 09:41 AM   #96  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Good Morning!

Norma, it is great to see ya. The water thing does get better. Have you tried maybe some lemon? I also heard that using a straw can help people who don't like water. I don't know if it works really, l love my water. Just keep working at it, you're doing great!!

Aqua, there ya are, always ready with my coffee! hope today is a good one for you.

Bonnie, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! 8 pounds is absolutely fabulous! I hope you stay on all day today. Yay, kids started school!!

Gotta go, coffee's ready, kids need to get up..... BBL
Old 08-23-2006, 10:29 AM   #97  
I believe in miracles

S/C/G: 212/212/130

Height: 5'1

GOOD MORNING

Before I start on Me.

BONNIE congrats on the 8lbs. Job well done.

U2girl Congratulation on the new job. You go Girl!

Mia Nice on the water. I'm starting to make a game out of the water issue. I'm trying to down a 9oz bottle every hour, if I don't I have to do 10 squats or pushups which ever the guys say. I work with all men. This helps with accountability. If I do the reward is knowing I did it. 8 hour day should be able to intake 72 oz before I go home. I should be able to obtain the rest at the gym. Just an Idea but you don't have to use men.

Sugar-n-spice Thanks for the advice on the diet. So far it has not been hard to follow. I think my dizziness came from the super dieter's tea I was drinking yesterday. I was only suppose to drink 6oz to start off with and I dranked 12 oz. I was in the bathroom every hour. It works. I was trying to kick start my diet. I learned my lesson.

Melissa Glad to see you made it back. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I bet the girls loved it. My family goes to the lake every year a couple of times a year. We're about 2hrs away from the Lake of The Ozarks. I am going to be smarter about my diet. I think I'm going to definitely have to do some smart carbs every now and then.

Tricia Guess what? I don't know if you've notice but we're both at the same weight now and close together in weight goal. I thinks that is neat. I'll be racing with you.
I know how you feel about going to your mothers and they have dinner done ordered. My mom stays home and keeps my child during the day. So there is always dinner when I get there to pick up Aliyah. Yesterday she had made a homemade peach cobbler, I wanted to kill her. But I wasn't feeling well so I passed it off as no big deal. But I bet the temptation will be there this evening. I'm going to go end grab my kid and race to work out. Just tell them to cook healther or less carbs. They may do it to help out maybe.

Sara NO ICE CREAM Stock up on yogart much better for you. You got this girl. Now I just have to make sure I listen to the same good advice we'll all giving each other.

Man this is like writting a novel.
sapphire35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 10:36 AM   #98  
I believe in miracles

S/C/G: 212/212/130

Height: 5'1

GOOD MORNING

Before I start on Me.

BONNIE congrats on the 8lbs. Job well done.

U2girl Congratulation on the new job. You go Girl!

Mia Nice on the water. I'm starting to make a game out of the water issue. I'm trying to down a 9oz bottle every hour, if I don't I have to do 10 squats or pushups which ever the guys say. I work with all men. This helps with accountability. If I do the reward is knowing I did it. 8 hour day should be able to intake 72 oz before I go home. I should be able to obtain the rest at the gym. Just an Idea but you don't have to use men.

Sugar-n-spice Thanks for the advice on the diet. So far it has not been hard to follow. I think my dizziness came from the super dieter's tea I was drinking yesterday. I was only suppose to drink 6oz to start off with and I dranked 12 oz. I was in the bathroom every hour. It works. I was trying to kick start my diet. I learned my lesson.

Melissa Glad to see you made it back. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I bet the girls loved it. My family goes to the lake every year a couple of times a year. We're about 2hrs away from the Lake of The Ozarks. I am going to be smarter about my diet. I think I'm going to definitely have to do some smart carbs every now and then.

Tricia Guess what? I don't know if you've notice but we're both at the same weight now and close together in weight goal. I thinks that is neat. I'll be racing with you.
I know how you feel about going to your mothers and they have dinner done ordered. My mom stays home and keeps my child during the day. So there is always dinner when I get there to pick up Aliyah. Yesterday she had made a homemade peach cobbler, I wanted to kill her. But I wasn't feeling well so I passed it off as no big deal. But I bet the temptation will be there this evening. I'm going to go end grab my kid and race to work out. Just tell them to cook healther or less carbs. They may do it to help out maybe.

Sara NO ICE CREAM Stock up on yogart much better for you. You got this girl. Now I just have to make sure I listen to the same good advice we'll all giving each other.

Man this is like writting a novel.
sapphire35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 10:43 AM   #99  
Proud Twinmom

S/C/G: 250.5/223.5/147

Height: 5'8

Default Elycia 8/23 - WI

Morning Ladies:

Hope everyone is having a Wonderful Wednesday! I am so far. I am soooo sooo happy to report a loss of 6.5 lbs since last week!!!! I am so excited and even more determined now to lose this weight. Nixing fast food and pop agrees with me I guess. Plus the water and activity.

Carrot dance time ~~~

Well, I have to run, but I just had to post. I also have to post that you guys have helped me so much! You guys keep me pumped and so encouraged all the time that I have to keep going! Thanx so much for all of your tips and encouragement. I am on my weigh and very close to my new pair of shoes. I better start thinking of exactly what I want. I hope to be getting them next week!

Love ya ladies!

Elycia
u2girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 11:22 AM   #100  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Good Wednesday Morning ladies!!!

Tricia...first of all {{{HUG}}} I'm sorry yesterday was a bad day. I've been in that place so many times, where everything is going wrong, clothes dont fit and feeling horrible about myself. But you know what? You've already started to turn things around. Each day your clothes will fit a little more and a little more, pretty soon they'll be too big!! Every healthy choice you make will take you one more step away from how you felt yesterday. Sometimes we need that little wakeup call to say hey...this is the right thing to be doing! You had a little bump in the road with pizza, but you got past it right? Today is a new day! YOu are going to acheive those goals! You can do this!! Its not gonna happen overnight but it will happen! I hope today is a better day for you!! Be strong, and smile!!!

Danielle....the pizza man snuck over!!!! But I really wasnt too bad. Have I told you lately I love your incites? 99% mental for SURE!! Thats what it so important we all have each other. I had to laugh at your diet ADD LOL!

Mia...Way to go on that water!! You are doing great and your attitude is outstanding!!! Keep up the good work!! We can do this!

Liz...its hard for us to judge our own weights, lord knows I see myself much smaller than I am! Just remember thats just a number on a machine, means nothing! How you feel and how your clothes fit indicate your successes!!

Sara...did you hit that water goal??

Bonnie...WAY TO GO!!! 8 lbs is incredible!!! Congrats on a VERY successful week 1!!!! You rock! All that exercise has paid off in spades! Did you take measurements too? Keep up the good work! You are shrinking away right before us!! I'm so excited for you!! Enjoy that first day back to school!

Elycia...congrats on the job!!! Way to go!!! I LOVE spaghetti! Where do you find these turkey meatballs you talked about? Or did you make them yourself? I think making separate meals is just setting yourself up, for me anyway. When I lost 75 lbs last time I ate right with the family, just had to really watch portions and use moderation. But it can be done successfully! OMG 6.5 lbs!!!!! WOOHOO!!! that is incredible!!! 3.5 lbs till your shoes!! Piece of cake!!!! Congrats!

Hi Norma!...Welcome back!!! Way to go on that exercise!!! You are doing great! Keep at that water, it'll get easier and easier!!

Aqua...scales are for fish!! LOL! I think I've finally figured out subconsiously I feel the opposite of what you talked about in your post. I think for years and years I've allowed myself to get bigger and bigger to stroke dh's ego, if I'm fat then he doesnt have to worry I'll leave him. Goes back to that 99% mental thing, and its amazing how its different for us all and how much someone else can effect what we do to ourselves.

Trish...way to go passing up the cobbler!!! I'm so proud of you!! those are definitly not smart carbs! LOL!! Dont worry, you'll get this all figured out!! You are doing GREAT!!

I'm feeling very blah today. AF showed her ugly face and is knocking me out with cramps! I've got shopping to start today, we have a wedding to go to this weekend and none of us have a thing to wear to it, so on top of cramps and bloating I get to go try on clothes!!!! OOOOH JOY IS LIFE! LOL! Tomorrow is more school shopping and Friday night I get to go have dinner with my inlaws again! I know you are all just so jealous of me! LOL! Pizza man came last night! I didnt do too bad. But I drank all my water! And I hope to bike shop today too! Have a wonderful day ladies!! I'll be checking on you when I can!
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 01:01 PM   #101  
I can do it this time.

Butterfly- Congrats on being on phase II! Phase II is really where we kick our own butts and get it gear. I'm glad you made it over
Saphire - The no Icecream is hard but i am doing it. I have yogurt in the fridge so I usually have that for breakfast on my way to work. I have to get up so early for work so thats the only thing i can grab before I rush out the door.
Elycia - CONGRATULATIONS on the 6.5 loss. that is awesome! I am very happy for you. Keep up the great work.
Hun E- I didnt make my water goal. I only drank 5 water bottles and then fell asleep! darn it. This morning I'm starting early so I can make sure today is the day that I hit my goal. I know I'm not used to drinking so much water but I figure since im cutting out the soda I'll just replace it with water.

Well as of today I loss 4.4lbs from last week. I'm very proud of myself. I've been going power walking every night and have been eating more healthy. I'm going with my mom to farmers market on Saturday, she heard I went last saturday and wanted to go. Keep up the awesome work ladies
lovethatsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 01:23 PM   #102  
"You CAN do it!" :D

S/C/G: 211/208/165

Height: 5'11"

Afternoon ladies!
I'm new to this thread- I'll try to read and get caught up on everyone.

little bit about me:
I was on here before when I was preparing for my wedding (over a year ago now) and then after the wedding I seemed to lose all motivation and 200 crept back up on the scale. this time it's really for good. I have no wedding, fancy party, anything like that for motivation- just needing and Wanting to lose the weight for good this time and keep it off.

I'm 26 years old, originally from Maine (22 years) moved down to NC for a better job with my company and met DH down here, married, we have 1 teenage son 13- his from previous marriage but I adopted him and he lives with us full time, 2 adorable (most of the time) cats, Millie a black Maine coon cat- 11 months old and Tom a black "tom"cat that adopted us. he always came around our house and didn't have a collar and wouldn't leave so we kept him, the dr says he's about 2 years old, 2 guinea pigs (Shaggy 4 years old and Fred 2 years old) and my DH has 4 koi fish in a 60 gallon aquarium.

I still belong to Curves but haven't gone for a while due to conflicting schedules and I have a gazelle at home that I've been doing off and on. I know I can lose on the gazelle (doing the gazelle alone, not changing my eating habits, I lost 2 pant sizes about 3 years ago) and I can drink 64 ounces of water everyday without a problem. it's tough getting more than that in though.

I weighed 175 at the wedding March 2005, I was VERY happy with that but my goal was 165. so I'm going back to that original goal.

I need you guys for support and to keep me on track- that's why I came back! looking forward to sharing stories with everyone.
kandices2ndtry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 01:31 PM   #103  
I can do it this time.

welcome back Kandice. I know you will be able to reach your goal again You seem like a pet lover I know I am but only have fish for now see you around
lovethatsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 01:52 PM   #104  
Danielle-Red Team Member

I'm so glad to be home right now! I went to the grocery store to pick up odds & ends and while perusing the aisles I started a dialogue with myself why it would be okay to binge today. I started reasoning with myself why it would be okay to eat whatever I wanted, skip exercise and just ignore the healthy stuff. The excuses went everywhere from "I'm waiting for my new book (GL Diet) to see what thats about, I'm not really doing anything now anyways...", " I haven't lost anymore weight now, so might as well"...or this one (I like this one), "AF is here today, I'm craving sweets, I deserve it"....UGHHHHHHHHHHHH, why do I do this to myself??????? I don't go to the grocery alone much because I do have an issue with bingeing..and like any good little addict I am VERY good at hiding it. Awhile back, per dr's orders, I was "asked" to not go to the store alone...can you believe this? I am a grown woman and I couldn't/probably still shouldnt, grocery shop alone! Mind you, it's been a very long time since I've binged, I am real proud of that, but I can't lie and say those urges don't come up almost every single day that I am alive. I used to scoff at my shrink when he would flat out say," just stop doing it". I was offended the first time he said it, and really mad and didnt go back to see him for awhile over it. lol But now that I have grown mentally I think I am really starting to understand what he meant by that statement. Needless to say, today while I clung to my little shopping cart, white knuckled it thru all the "bad" parts of the store -- the temptation was oh so strong--, no one would ever have to know--not my husband, not my kids, not even you guys-- but then I started thinking of my family, you guys and all the support you give and I couldn't do it. I just couldn't do it. So I left with my veggies, fruit, and tampons () feeling extremely proud and astounded at the same time that I did it. So that's my little drama for the day.....

Last edited by Sugar-N-Spice; 08-23-2006 at 02:10 PM.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:07 PM   #105  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Trish, I am so glad you are feeling better today. Please don't take what I said yesterday as being lectured, that certainly wasn't my intention!!! I realized later that it probably read that way, and just wanted you to know that was the farthest thing from what I wanted. I am a huge advocate of low carbing in general and really want to make sure the people who choose it as a means to lose really know what they're getting into. LC'ing gets such a bad rap for "not working", when 9 times out of 10 the people who say this, never bothered to do their research ( there is tons of it!), and find out what the lifestyle is about. I really want you to succeed at this, I believe it works if you work it right. More importantly and the last thing I would want is for you to get sick from not following guidelines that are meant to keep you safe. I wish you nothing but the best!!!

Elycia, you're shrinking lady!!!!! Absolutely fantastic news today!! You're gonna have to join Bonnie on that today!!! No pop or fast food agrees with you definitely. Be VERY PROUD of yourself!! You're rockin it toots.

Melissa, I guess we got the AF twins this month? The other one came to my house today too. Ugh! I will keep my fingers crossed for shopping today, no fun doing it when you're sorta in a time crunch (the wedding this weekend) and you really have no desire to try on clothes. I bet you will find something though, you always come thru. Seems like forever since your kids have been on vacation! lol But no, they were in school for weeks after mine got out, so guess it's only fair, eh? Sometimes I really wish they still did year-round here, would make the summer's seem less tedious IMO. Well, I'm gonna have to fire that pizza man then, he was given strict orders not to go to your house. How much did you pay him???? heehee....

Kandice to our little group!!! I know you can do this!!! We are all here for you to support you in whatever way we can. I had to laugh when you mentioned the gazelle, now all I can hear in my head is Tony Little saying "you can do it"!! I hear those things really work though, so I say jump on lady and rock it! It's so great to have you joining us, looking forward to hearing lots of great things from you.