Old 08-24-2006, 10:57 AM   #136  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Kandice I dont Quilt I havent never tried my sister does it all the time. She has made some pretty ones. She is working on one now for my niece who is having a boy.

I tried to figure out how to place the picture on here but Icant figure it out. I have got the firl but I have never done it Looks like a tought one thought.
Butterfly50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 11:32 AM   #137  

Thumbs up well.... it is thursday......

Hi everyone.... I have been absolutely awful on the diet.... not following what i intended at all. I have thought about going to different weight loss centers to try and get a place that I can work with. But I am not really sure about were to go. Sooo.... I will keep everyone posted.... I am heading to sam's club tomorrow. To buy tons of water.... Since I am starting school next week, I really want to make sure that I have everything planned out day by day. It will actually give me a schedule to follow, and I wont have much time to sit around and be hungry. so, if you have any input.... please let me know..... all the input would be helpfullll
TriciaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 11:52 AM   #138  
Proud Twinmom

S/C/G: 250.5/223.5/147

Height: 5'8

Hi Tricia:

I just realized that you are getting married in 10 months. Wow, do you know how much you can accomplish in 10 months? A LOT! I know that you may be dealing with the stresses and jitters of getting married, but my suggestion is for you to use that energy towards getting healthier and fitter. I think a schedule is an excellent idea. Definitely plan out your day. Keep fruits and veggies (that you like) on you so that when hunger hits you can snack. If you have those with you it is alot less likely that you will run to the vending machine to get some junk snack. Great idea to have bottled water as well. Again, it is at your fingertips and also, you know how much water you are getting throughout the day. So, you are definitely doing some great things to get your weight loss going. Start with those. Sometimes if you try to start too many things, you just overwhelmed and nothing is really fully done. Certainly keep posting here for suggestions and encouragement and we will help any way that we can.

Oh yeah almost forgot, here is your

See you guys later!

Elycia
u2girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 12:12 PM   #139  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Hi Mia. Its great to hear from you. Lots does happen here during the day, its been great.

Tricia, you are setting yourself up for great success by planning ahead. Good for you! All I can suggest is making sure you have snacks prepared ahead of time for on the go--stuff that's easily portable. I just think that you'll be fine as long as you just plan ahead tho. I'm sure someone will come along with something brilliant for you. Keep up the great work.

Regarding butter sprays, or anything that claims "0" for that matter....I thought that by law product makers don't have to list anything that falls below "1". So if something of one serving falls at say, .5 or .8, if you have more than a so called serving than you, in fact, are getting said number amount of fat grams, carbs, or whatever it is you're counting. Sorta like the whole deal with trans fat labeling, makers, by law, didn't have to put that in their labels either but now they do. However, if its anything under that proverbial "1" they don't have to list, so reading ingredients is key. Ok, now I'm babbling. LOL but seriously, this country makes weightloss and food/calorie counting so dang difficult and they wonder why there is an obesity problem! Makes me so angry!

Anyways! now that I'm done with my little tyrade, I'm gonna go find some breakfast.....
Sugar-N-Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 12:22 PM   #140  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Good Morning Sunshines!!!!

Sara...way to go on the water yesterday!!! Ready to do it again today! I know you can!! Keep up the good work! Cheers!

Kandice!!...WOOHOOO you beat the pizza man!! Danielle was gonna have a talk with him yesterday and apparently she did LOL!! Excellent job on making a healthier choice!! I hope you enjoy your lunch stairclimb!! And you are doing great on water!! I see some very exciting things coming your way!! Keep up the good work!! Way to go on the 3 lbs!!!

Danielle...I'm glad you are feeling stronger today! More trips and more triumphs like you had yesterday and the stronger and stronger you'll get. AF is a misery this month! I agree, there's not sense to these periods anymore, especially when they are like this. Let me know if you get some good info on the procedure. I might just look into it myself.

Mia...you are doing so great!!! Keep it up!! Can I borrow your military man to kick my butt into gear! LOL!!

Elycia...great job on the workout!!! What is the serving size of the butter spray? And whats the name brand? We'll get to the bottom of this for ya! I still think its alot better than using butter but I'm pretty sure its not zero regardless of what you use, but I could also be wrong! Been known to happen! LOL!!

Tricia...sorry to hear your frustrations, lord knows I've been there! I think what is more important than finding some sort of plan is to figure out what kinds of foods you love and how to fit them into your life in a HEALTHY way. Making good choices, using moderation and portion control at every meal and you'll build a lifestyle rather than follow a diet. Its easier said than done I know still working on that myself. You'll figure it out! And we'll be here to help anyway we can! And next to making better choices if you start exercising, you'll see more drastic changes in your body in a shorter time.

Was a rough night for me last night. Besides AF I've got some stomach thing going on. The girls want me to take them to the water park today but if this stomach doesnt let up I dont see it happening. I need to go bike shopping too, classes start on monday and I really wanted to be riding my bike to school instead of driving!

Have a fantastic day everyone! Be good to you!!
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 12:51 PM   #141  
"You CAN do it!" :D

S/C/G: 211/208/165

Height: 5'11"

congrats Tricia on the upcoming wedding! That will be a huge motivator I know! every bride has a picture of what they want to look like on their wedding day!
as far as weightloss centers go- if you've never worked out, Curves is an excellent starting point. They have a Curves diet too. take the test and see if you're carb or calorie. I did the low carb and it worked for me (while I was following it). 3 steps and then maintaining- I kinda messed up on the maintaining as you can see!

melissa- what a way to fit exercising in- bike to school instead of drive! you're on your way to a healthy lifestyle!

did the stairs! 38 floors- 19 down and 19 up. wow! feels so good! I can finish my water like nothing now! I feel like they looked on the biggest loser that time when they climbed all the stairs. (anyone else follow "reality" shows?) I probably look like they do too. but I'm proud of myself!!

now just staying eating good the rest of the day... half over- 8 more hours! (I go to bed early!)
kandices2ndtry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 12:55 PM   #142  
"You CAN do it!" :D

S/C/G: 211/208/165

Height: 5'11"

trisha- just noticed we're almost at the same starting point- but you're going further than me! mind if I ask how tall you are?
kandices2ndtry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 12:59 PM   #143  
Proud Twinmom

Hi Mia,

I have all of the Firm systems. I just bought the Transfirmer about 2 months ago. I have done a few of the workouts. They are fun but not a walk in the park which is good. Maximum Cardio that I did was one of the older ones from Anna Benson days. I got my Transfirmer system really cheap. I bought it from Overstock.com. It was like 43.00 and shipping was like $1. Then I found a coupon code for an add'l 10% off, so I got it for like $39 shipped and it arrived around 1 week later. I clued my fitness forum in on it, so they sold out very fast. I haven't seen them having anymore lately. Try Target because if you buy from Firmdirect, shipping usually kills ya. It's a good system, you should definitely try it. Winsor Pilates??? Personally I am not a big fan of pilates so I don't really do it. Being the vidiot that I am, of course I own some Winsor Pilates, but I don't ever do them. I heard they are very effective though. Hey, do you have a Big Lots in your area. I got my Winsor DVD's at Big Lots about 1 1/2 months ago for $2.99 each. You may want to check that out. That way if you don't like it, it's not like you came out of a lot of money.

Well, gotta run.

Ciao!

Elycia
Old 08-24-2006, 01:11 PM   #144  
Melissa

Amanda....I think I missed this before but WOOHOO another lb gone!!! Congrats on another great loss!! Sorry I must have skimmed over that before!!

Kandice!!!....WAY TO GO ON THE STAIRSS!!! I'm so proud of you!! i bet it feels GREAT to have done that!! Good for you!! What an excellent way to spend your lunch!!

~melissa

Last edited by Hun.e.B; 08-24-2006 at 01:19 PM.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:15 PM   #145  
Melissa

I did a little research on the butter spray. And the I cant believe its not butter brand and the Parkay brand work to...

12.5 sprays is 10 calories and 1 gram of fat, 25 sprays (1 teaspoon) is 20 calories and 2 grams of fat, and 37.5 sprays is 30 calories and 3 grams of fat. In case you're curious, the entire bottle contains 900 calories and 90 grams of fat!

so a TBSP of the spray is approx 80 calories and 8 grams of fat, still less than butter or margarine. Hope that helps!

~melissa
Old 08-24-2006, 01:20 PM   #146  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Melissa, I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Hope the tummy troubles go away very soon. I know there is a bike out there waiting for you to find it--lol, sounds like a puppy, huh!-- will be great for you to be able to ride to school everyday. Hopefully each day I will get stronger and stronger...that's the idea anyways. Altho, dh is being a brat and made brownies last night. You know how l love my brownies.... I was good tho...now today, now that my chocolate cravings are stronger...I dunno..... I am praying real hard and staying out of the kitchen! lol

Kandice, look at you go girl!!!! Thats alot of stairs lady! Be very proud of yourself, I am!!!!! Oye, dont even get me started on reality tv! You missed my gab fest about that last week. lol Anything reality and I'm so there, it's sad really. I wonder if I could be put into rehab for this??? The last episode of Family Jewels on A&E was absolutely hilarious, I don't think I've ever laughed that hard at tv before. And Biggest Loser...well I lurve lurve lurve that show....*looks at avatar here*....Bob, he's my hero. LOL
Old 08-24-2006, 02:24 PM   #147  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Shame Shame on me. I got up this morning and did 1 hr of leslie. Then didnt have nothing to do . Then I find my self had eaten one 1 but 2 Oatmeal cream pies. I feel like Iam loosin control. I dont want to give back the 8 pounds that I have lost I want to loose more this is jest so darn hard. I am So much under stress( That Bad Culpert) Called the Elementery school and spoke with a nurse and am so mad right now I fell like Cleaning out the ref and I dont mean throwing things in the trash. Have been waiting on the psychriatrist to get in touch with me for my daughter. So I called now they claim that they never seen any referal papers on her I was SOOOO mad If I dont hear from then in a week I will Be looking for someone else to help her out. The end of last school year I had to have her tested and they told me she has Anxiety, Mood Depervation, on top of her learning Disability. If she isnt in a mood Swing she is Worried someone is comming to hurt her. I feel liike Iam the One to go crazy here.

Soo if I havnt heard from them in 1 week and Iam going back to her orginail doc and make them do something.

Well Sorry everyone had to hear me throw a tantrum .Hope that I will be better the next time. Thanks for Hearing me. I hate raning days.
Butterfly50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 03:50 PM   #148  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Hello Lovelies!!

I finally caught up on most of the posts. I will not be able to go in depth with any personals yet. I’ll do the best I can now based on memory.

Aqua, Danielle and Kandice – I love going down the junk food aisle. I love the way it smells. I love to go over to the ice cream aisle and look at the new products and flavors. In the back of my mind I feel it will eventually come back to bite me. I know I should stop. There’s probably some psychology attached to all this, but I haven’t seen a therapist in a few years. So, for the time being, I will have to remain undiagnosed.
BTW, I am another ice cream lover.
My problem is going to Arkansas. I had planned on visiting some relatives in Arkansas over the Christmas holiday. I changed my mind though. All we ever do down there is plan meals. We get up around 7, everyone is dressed by 9 and the whole day revolves around eating dinner. Every breakfast involves a honey bun. I don’t know why, but they always buy these cases and cases of honey buns. Every time I visit them I gain at least five pounds. I don’t think I’m mentally strong enough to go down there yet. Could you imagine what it will be like during Christmas week with all those “no-nos”? Don’t get me wrong, I plan on having holiday food. The day of and the day after. Then I’ll be done with it. Things are a little too intense down there though. The town has 3,000 people and there not much else to do there besides eat.

Danielle – The coffee filters worked great with the yogurt. I was shocked to see just how little yogurt is left when all that liquid drains from it. I allowed it to drain overnight. I put the filters on the insides of plastic cups, tape them at the rims and measured out 1 cup per. My husband thought it was strange, but didn’t question it. He just sort of lets me be who I am and leaves me alone.

Elycia and Bonnie – Excellent job on the weight loss! I love to read about that. Whenever someone has success it reminds the rest of us that it is indeed possible. Congrats to you both.

Elycia - you’ll have to tell us about the shoes! You’ll probably have them on some time next weekend! Thanks for the tip about the butter spray. I’ll pick some up and try to think of things to use it on.

Kandice – Nice job with the stairs. That’s great exercise! You’re fortunate to have exercise buddies with you. It feels good to work out doesn’t it? Well, after the work out… J It’s nice to have accomplished something.

Tricia - Hey, just hang in there. Keep restarting as often as you need to. We’re here to support you. Sometimes it just takes a while to get your head into it. But keep posting. Keep reading the thread. We’re an infectious bunch. We’ll rub of off on you.

Melissa: Do I know how depressing it can be to go shopping for clothes! There were times that I just left the store because I was so depressed by not fitting tent-sized clothing. And those mirrors are merciless!! Many a time I’ve left the store without clothing and ended up having a cheesy, fried lunch instead. I haven’t really bought much of anything after getting too big for my 14s. I haven’t enjoyed shopping since being to big for a 12.

Bonnie: I’m so sorry you’re having a bad day. Don’t give into the temptation to binge though. You’ve worked so hard. And treat the incident with the oatmeal pies as if they never happened. Don’t chuck the whole day.
Please just come and vent to us whenever you need to. Remember what Aqua said. We have many pivotal moments that make a difference in the end.
I hope you’re able to get help for your daughter soon. I’m sorry to hear that she’s having a rough time.

Someone mentioned hand weights…..
I started using them first with the Leslie Sansone WATP dvds. Recently I used them with a Tae Bo dvd. Boy do they make a difference! And they’re only 2 lb dumbbells. My advice is not to start with over 3 lbs. If you use the gloved ones, those are probably much better. Control your movements though. Don’t just fling your arms around. That could cause injury.

Oh and by the way….

WHY THE **** ISN’T IT FRIDAY YET!!! Good grief it’s taking too long….

Guess what?! I’m wearing a pair of pants that were too small a month ago. They are a size 18w. If I just keep at it, I should be able to wear those 16ws and 18 regs I bought a couple of weeks ago. There was a time that I thought anything over a size 12 was huge. Now I’m celebrating 18w. Life is funny isn’t it?
Amany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 05:41 PM   #149  
Proud Twinmom

Thanx for doing that research Melissa. Geez, that stinks! If I elect to use a whole tbsp, that is as bad as butter. Oy Vey! Typically when something seems too good to be true, it usually is.

Allright, I renege my recommendation for the butter spray!!! Thanx to Melissa, I find that it is not as good as I thought. If you use in moderation it is good, but if you are a spray freak like I can be, it is dangerous. What a sneaky marketing ploy "0 calories per serving"! Humph! Gotta watch those labels guys.

Ciao!

Elycia
Old 08-24-2006, 05:55 PM   #150  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Amanda, hello Sunshine! I hope you're having a really great day today. Oye, the cookie aisle is evil evil evil! LOL No, guess it really isn't, I just happen to be one of those people who can't control anything sold in that aisle. LOL You don't wanna be diagnosed you'll end up like me! Ha! There's only room on this board for one kook Amanda! LOL seriously tho, I have a sister who can just take whiffs of junkfood and be completely happy--could explain too why she's a size 2!lol my shrink (who just happens to be a big Atkins fan) once told me to quit giving the power to the food. He told me what he does when he gets a craving for something- especially there at the office with people bringing in junkfood- he gets himself a slice/piece of whatever and he just puts his finger on it and tells it he doesn't want it, that it holds no power. Now how is that for nuts? I tried it only once, and I'm sorry but those chocolate chip cookies begged me to eat them!lol I guess he's right tho, too often times we give food this power that it has no right having.

Bonnie, I'm sorry today is rough for you. I guess I must've missed something, not really clear on what is happening with dd? I do hope that things do get resolved tho, I know dealing with public school politics can be very frustrating.