Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 08:40 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Weight Loss and Chit Chat #207

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site,

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New member are always welcome.
Old 08-12-2006, 08:44 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

We'll be doing our chitting and chatting IRL on Thursday!
Old 08-12-2006, 09:01 AM   #3  
GmaTo8

Good morning, ladies,

Ruth - I can hardly wait for your visit! It's been almost a year since we met up in Philly - doesn't really seem that long.

Michelle - welcome back, hon.

Sue - keeping busy really does help a lot. Boredom eating can be the worst! Hey, it's only 66 degrees in my part of the state today. How about up where you are?

Norma - my oldest sister's name was Norma. Welcome to the Jaded Ladies. Please jump in whenever you're ready, and fill out a bio, too.

Sassy - thank you for bringing Norma on board. Your color schemes sound very nice. It's fun to redo a house/apartment, isn't it? You got a good buy on those sheets! Speaking of which...

My washer has stopped, so after I post in the challenge thread, I'm headed out to hang up sheets for Ruth's bed. Then I'm going to sit outside with a cup of coffee for just a few minutes. After that, I need to get the house dusted, and make tomorrow's dessert. It's a new, light strawberry thing that sounds good.

What's on your agenda for the day?
Old 08-12-2006, 11:52 AM   #4  

Height: 5'1"

Hi gals!!

Busy weekend for me so this is just a quick hello! I have Jhanai this weekend so we want to stay as busy as possible.

I will pop in when I get a chance.

Hugs to you all!
Old 08-12-2006, 01:39 PM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello Ladies...

Not feeling so great today...stinking allergies. Life goes on...

HI and NORMA!I have an Aunt Norma who lives in Hot Springs, AR. Thanks for the tips! I am trying to stay postive...and then I see the news, ugh! How long was your son in Iraq? I talked with my neighbor a few doors down when he was home on leave (he's National Guard) he said it wasn't as bad as they portray but then it seems like it has gotten worse since then. But yeah, I do do lots of e-mailing.

SUE...I too hate to walk alone but do anyway. I would never walk otherwise. Most of the time though I go to the park where there are lots of people walking so I don't feel so alone, lol. I too want to bike...I have mine but I don't like it so I think I am going to wait for a new one. The handle bars on this I just don't like...I have to bend down too far and I feel wobbly riding it. The las thing I need is to fall off my bike.

SASSY...all your colors sound nice. I especially am a fan of the green and have it in my bedroom, bathroom, living room, dining area and part of the kitchen. It is such a nice soothing, calming color. I don't think I have seen anything with strawberries on it around here so I do hope you can find something.

JANE...I hear ya about being a size smaller. Funny...when I was little I swallowed a nickel, thought I was going to die, lol! We were going somewhere and I went in the bathroom to wash my hands and put the nickel in my mouth, lol. My parents said let's take you to the emergency room (they were joking and messing with me) I didn't want to go but I swear I thought I was going to die. Oh the memories. All this talk of sheets ladies has made me want to go get some. I actually do need some new ones...just put it off. Need some to match the green in the bedroom/comforter.

MICHELLE...thanks! it is stressful to say the least. I try to keep busy though so I'm not thinking or worrying about Josh it works sometimes. I don't think it matters what I do the thoughts will still be there. But it helps to focus on something else for at least a little while.

MARTI...hope you and Jhanai have a fun-filled weekend!

Hi to everyone else!

Nothing on the agenda for me today. V is going to work on the perogla finishing it up and I will sit on the swing and watch and keep him company. No staining for this part of it thank goodness. I probably shouldn't go outside with the wind blowing...that is why my allergies are bothering me today. I was out there yesterday in it. Anyway, did manage a mile walk. May do more later but for now that is it. Going to try and catch up on my cards too! Been slacking in that department big time.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 08-12-2006, 02:18 PM   #6  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Afternoon chickies.. Not alot going on here today. DH and I went over to the new house and I fell in love with it all over again. SO nice to go over with NO workmen there and just wander through. I am trying to decide on furniture placement in the great room and am frustrated. LOL All the other rooms are totally planned out. Came home via the grocery and picked up a few things. We washed the outside windows here for the third time in a few weeks. ugh. Had the house sprayed for bees and each time they follow up they spray some windows. Grrr. Now I am just chillin'.

Norma- Hello and welcome to our group. Hope you soon feel at home here. Great bunch of ladies.

Cristina- Okay, you just reminded me...when I get off here I am going to the shed to get my bike and see if "it lives." (might have flat tires)

Jane- Lucky you meeting up with Ruth again. Hope you enjoy..and know you both will. I'm not sure of the temps. here today, but it is sunny and warmer this afternoon. Was cool and breezy before the sun got going this morning.

Marti- Enjoy the week-end!

Sassy- I also thought your ideas for your home sounded real nice. I am thinking of wine or burgundy for our new master br. One br is going to have dark green/cream bedding. Walls are taupe. I have a very pretty large picture of roses that I am considering for the master and it is in shades from pink to deep wine. Gotta decide soon.

Hi to everyone else. I will BBL.
Old 08-13-2006, 06:42 AM   #7  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Red face Hola Chicas!

Morning Ladies!

I am very and we even left early from work tonight. It was dead there, infact I didn't get one single call while I was there! So we went to Wally World to get the grocery shopping done and get a few things we needed.

We got our sheets yesterday before work and bought a comforter, it's a Sand color. The comforter was only $20 so we couldn't pass it up. We are still looking around though for another comforter, but at least we have one. We also stopped at Costco before work and got new pillows. I found some nice curtains in this catalog I got in the mail that are insulated curtains! How great for us since we both work nights! Not only does it keep the light out, it keeps the heat out in the summer and the heat inside in the winter time!
I think they had them a set of two for $16 or something.

Oh and I had lots of fun TRYING to get my prescription today.......

I will spare you the details, but lets just say that my dr has to battle with my insurance, AGAIN! lol.

Have a Great Sunday!

Old 08-13-2006, 12:55 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 273/248.5/160

Height: 5 Ft. 6 In.

Hello Ruth, Michelle, Sue, Sassy, Jane, Marti, and Cristina
Did I get everybody? I hope so. I hope you are all having a great Sunday and are revving up for Monday. I'm excited. I can do this! You guys are great. I love your rapport with each other.
Cristina:My son went to Iraq in Dessert Storm and back in Dessert Shield. He's a career soldier. I was in the Army and his father retired from the Army.
Jane: Please ship me some of your 66 degree temps. It's over 100 here.
Sassy: I love your Churchill quote.
Sue: Congrats on the new house.
Ruth: What does IRL mean?
It's a lazy hot day here so just preparing for Monday.
Norma
Old 08-13-2006, 01:05 PM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi Norma! IRL means "in real life". I am going to be actually visiting with Jane face to face and am really looking forward to it!
Old 08-13-2006, 01:40 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 273/248.5/160

Height: 5 Ft. 6 In.

Ruth: Sorry to be an online dummy. But, I'M LEARNING! Have a great time with your getogether!
Old 08-13-2006, 06:00 PM   #11  
GmaTo8

Hiya chickas!

Marti - so what did you and Jhanai do for fun? Since she's almost a teen, I betcha it had something to do with shopping, lol. Or makeup and hair, lol.

Cristi - yikes, I know what you mean about the allergies. Mine are driving me crazy! So did V get the perogla done? That will be so nice when's it's finished. I think it's so cool how computers let families keep in touch with their servicemen now.

Sue - did you say before that your estimated move in date was sometime in Oct? That will be here before you know it. I love clean windows, and like the flip-in ones. Makes life lots easier, lol. But I wouldn't want to have to do them as often as you've had to.

Sassy - glad you got a new comforter and pillows. One of my sisters who slept during the day had curtains like you mentioned. They really help keep the sun out. Hope your doctor can get things straightened out for you to get your prescription.

Norma - hey, now you're part of the rapport, too. Unfortunately, it's heating up here in Indiana again. By the time Ruth gets here, it's supposed to be nearly 90 again.

Ruth - 4 more sleeps!

A big hello to anyone else reading this.

Well, ladies, I need a nap. We went to bed late, and had to be at church early today. Neal played the guitar and had to practice with the others before the service began. Terry and his family came by for awhile, but Mary stayed home with hers. Two of her girls have some type of flu - poor little things! Neal and I are going to keep an eye on them for a little while later to give Mary a break.

Not much else is new around here. Although I'll take "boring" over "crisis" anyday, a little fun thrown in the mix would be ok.

Take care, ladies.
Old 08-13-2006, 07:27 PM   #12  
I can dream, can't I?

Good evening. A nice sunny, though hot day here. I sure didn't spend much time outdoors, but hoping to walk later.
Jane- No, actually the house is due to be finished the end of Aug. if it is on time. We think it will be about a week late. (and I think that is good considering they had a vacation ) I personally can't wait until we have the tilt in windows. Ours here are not and we have been up and down ladders all summer. Ugh...

Sassy- I bet you are anxious to get the curtains. They sound really nice for the schedule you have ie: sleeping days. Sorry the meds. were bothersome.

Norma- See, all you have to do is ask and some kind soul will teach you this computer lingo. I am still learning myself and am far from computer literate. My son got me going online and then he left me in the lurch...went to CA to live and I had to hire a "geek."

Cristina- My bike is useable, just has some rust. The seat is wayyyy to tiny, so I hope to find a larger one.

I found some curtains I really liked today. They were semi sheer..soft and floaty, but you can't really see through. All I have to do is get a bedspread and then go get the curtains. I also found some really nice blue ones for Mom if she is interested. These are for bedrooms. The great room is a great mystery however. I'm sure I will find something. Went to the house and am sooo happy with the floors. Lovely. If they ever get all the odds and ends moved out and swept I will take photos. We got the mailbox numbers on and it is now ready. DH cut some weeds and I just continued to try to figure out where I want the furniture.

Food has been going good today...now if I can just walk.
Starting a different eating plan tomorrow...counting calories. "fingers crossed."
Old 08-13-2006, 07:30 PM   #13  
I can dream, can't I?

Wolfena..if you are reading this you are at the right place.

Jaded Ladies- I have invited Wolfena here, so be your welcoming, wonderful selves to her if/when she posts.
Old 08-14-2006, 05:51 AM   #14  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Morning Ladies.

TGIM!!!!!!!!!! I am so glad it's finally Monday -- my Friday! Although I do have to go back into work on Tuesday morning for training, at least I get paid for it and its only 3 hrs.

Thanks everybody and yes I am anxious to get those curtains, but I cannot wait to get our new bed!

Sue -- I hope you find the bedspread to match your curtains!

Jane -- I hope you had a good nap!

Norma -- Thanks. I thought the quote was really fitting for me.

Wolfena! Just jump right in! Everybody is great here!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 08-14-2006 at 05:52 AM. Reason: Cuz I'm tired and not thinking too clearly! hee hee!
Old 08-14-2006, 09:26 AM   #15  
GmaTo8

Good morning Oh Jaded Ones, lol!

Sue - wow, I missed that your house would be ready so soon! Have you been packing? Kind of hard to do, I suppose, with showings all the time. You probably already know this, but boxes from the liquor store are great for packing things like vases, knick-knacks, glasses, etc. I used lots of them when we moved from town to the country. Your curtains sound nice - what color are they? You're having a room for your mom, too, right?

Wolfena - please pull up a chair and make yourself at home. A big WELCOME to you!

Sassy - no nap for me - we got company. But then I slept very well last night, so it's all good. Enjoy your day off. Any special plans?

Hello to anyone else reading this.

I feel great today. The temp is 76, and there's a nice breeze out here in the country. There's a chance of rain, but that's ok. I've got to get some things done today - make a grocery list for tomorrow, do some cleaning, wash some towels for both bathrooms.

What's your plan for the day?

Toodles,
Closed Thread