Old 08-15-2006, 05:07 PM   #31  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

So sad today. I had to deal with a family who lost their Auntie last night. I sent Anna to the hospital but she was just to sick too hold on till I could reach family.(Sigh)
I am getting very good at the "funeral" stuff with the relatives they leave behind. Not sure if that is a good thing but the niece said she felt much better upon leaving. (Another sigh)
I can hardly wait for all office vacations to come to an end!!! Everyone will be back on Monday and Mel will be on the bus first thing that morning to the Mall!!!
Willy is going on vacation and I will miss our trips to the store. Have to ride now with the other idiot!
Having a wee bit of trouble seeing the screen so I am not staying..... maybe better luck tomorrow.
We had rain but I ate lunch up here, went out for a ride and did some office crap. But I have this new resolve and it feels GOOD!

Meadow~ I promise it will NOT start up again like before and they all know it. I think that's part of the problem the Fresca drink sounded good. And I like the idea of the tomatoes. When you hit on the right combo print us the recipe!!! Hot am muggy here too!!!

Ceejay~ I think we got your storm!!! and more humidity!!! Hope you don't have any more outages. Good for you and all the exercising!!

Suzi~ did you pass Tig on the beach ?????
Hope you had a good beach run i like to on the beach!!!!

Shad~ Hang in there.....I love maintenance people too.... they tell it like it is and when they get caught they admit it You have many weeks to go but freedom starts on Friday for me!!! LOL MADCAT & HAPPY & NAE & CARLA & TEEL & LINUS & PW & TIG & ??????????
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 05:34 PM   #32  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Oh Mel,
So sorry you have to deal with these sorts of things, especially as you are not feeling too well yourself. Life and death will happen and quite frankly I would rather someone like you tell me as it is than have to deal with the Y generation as I am doing here.
Last night for example, I am told that I can not run over my allotted time in the training room - therefore I should stop inviting questions and seeking answers! I am also told that I am supposed to deliver some sort of safety message at the start of each program. Since the time schedule is already tight, I wondered allowed if I should just deliver the safety message and close the session since it is evident that no one wants anyone to learn anything anyway. Again I am in trouble.
On the flip side, the dear man from IT up here has been working day and night to try and resolve the problem of my access. Today maybe I should be able to pick up the company e-mail. Since they suffer from verbal diarhea (sp) I'm not positive I even want to try. Meantime I had a call from Mr Big in the outfit with whom I have worked in the past and he wants me to write an unbiassed report to let him know how the training is going at the end of each week. Just call me secret squirrel. My life is complete. Now I am also a spy!!

Happy, I loved the joke. I think it is more like 2 bager going have eight bad weeks. Although one should never presume and I might grow to like the Y generation and the cockroaches invading my space (I left some fruit in my lunch cooler bag and they got in but couldn't get at the fruit. They were running around the bag and couldn't get out). Such fun.
I don't start work today until 1.00pm so I am about to hit the shops, and the swimming pool. I woke up during the night with a rotten sinus headache - probably due to the bush fires around the place. My head today feels like a swollen balloon. A trip to the pool may just help a bit.

Meadow - thanks for the kind words. I try hard not to be a *****. I try to reason, persuade, and otherwise cajole. However the problem up here appears to be that the local trainers want to exert their power. It's one reason I don't like working with women too much. Certainly the 20-30 somethings. Give me a good old sparky anytime. You can have a bit of fun, swear a bit, tread on each others toes, yell a lot, curse and other call them a twit/ idiot/ nutcase/ and other things too numerous to mention. They don't turn a hair (if they have any) they just give it straight back.

Okay, better get off here. I'm going to the shop to get panadol that I forgot last night (and paid the consequences with a bad nights sleep) and see if I can find some more cotton shirts and trousers. The jeans and shirts I have are so heavy and hot.

No pictures yet - still have to see something worth photographing.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 07:29 PM   #33  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

SOMEONE IN THE OFFICE GAVE ME A NEW MAGAZINE BY RACHAEL RAY OF TV FOOD CHANNEL FAME. I WENT TO THE WEBSITE AND FOUND SOME GOOD IDEAS FOR FAST RECIPES AND THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE.
www.rachaelraymag.com

SHADDIE~ GOD WE WERTE BORN MASOCHISTS!!! ROFLMAO ONE CAN ONLY HOPE YOUR JOB GETS BETTER AS THE WEEKS GO BY!! I USED TO BELONG TO THE "BIG MAN'S" SECRET SERVICE HERE IN TOWN ALSO!! ROFLMAO AGAIN!!! OUR LIVES ARE SO PARALLELL IT'S TOO FUNNY. JUST MINE IS A BIT MORE FROM THE SUBLIME TO THE RIDICULOUS.....OR IS IT YOURS???
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 10:59 PM   #34  

It was delightful!!! A holiday for us too.Dear friends went off to Toronto this morning to fly to LA and spend a week there and at Disney Land.It was a teary good bye. His wife and DD are beyond beautiful.

Feeling a little down about my life in general. Looking for the balance. It was hard seeing my life as a wife and mother and working woman thru someone( from another country and culture) elses eyes. there are some universal similarities in parenting and wifehood and children play so well regardless of language but there were comments made about how hard I work and unappreciated I am, a sadness for me on her part.

One step was to ask these families I sit for for more support and care with how they treat me and what is expected of their children...done.Sent a letter home today with clear expectations regarding...um ...everything. That helps already.
Need to do the same with hubby,clear expectations, express my feelings, but he gets so defensive or depressed, so either blames me for all his problems or sinks into a dark place and shuts us all out.
Been having good dialogue with both kids about it lately. Had a sit down and chat with all 3 about my work, income, what they want etc.The kids still really want me to be at home. That is my dream too. I want more support from all of them. Ds has been better at helping but still really is handful emotionally and then usually acts out physically.

Hubby was in a better mood tonight.less tired out. He is at least talking a bit.He was probably sad to see his best friend leave but wont talk and then is snappy with me. Not reading his mind quite well enough i guess.

Clyde my older kitty, has still not been well and is thinner than ever but hanging on, snuck out the door 2 nights ago and has not come back. Both kids cried themselves to sleep tonight because we think he went away to die.

A good nights sleep will help with a fresh start tomorrow.
I sound gloomier than I am . I had such a wonderful weekend and good chats with friends and family.
I cant wait to see all my pics to relive it all.

HUGS!!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 01:30 AM   #35  
Suzi in Auz

Hello eveyone, a little peace in the eye of the storm. It has been one of THOSE weeks.

The week started with DS13 having an outer ear infection, we have yet to find ut what it is as I know when I go to the Drs I will have to wait for results for ages, even tho they are just blood tests. Oh well it must be done so he can have his meds.
DS13 ...same one came in yesterday after playing looking very green. He said he thought he pulled something when he was playing football in the back yard. A friend tackled him. I didn't like the look of him or his shoulder so it was off to A & E. After an xray and a very long wait he has a clear break in his clavical bone! It's nasty but should heal relatively quickly, it means no surfing for a while and wearing a sling.
Poor thing, he was very unwell into the evening, and in alot of pain. i hate it when they are sad.
I am hoping his day went well. I kept thinking that I hope no one hurt him today...i know how 13 year olds can be when they can't see an injury...little buggers.
It might be an interesting night tonight, DD also has speech contest tomorrow and she can be rather dramatic when these sorts of things are coming up...i will prepare.
ok I have about 10 mins

Mel, I am so sorry to hear that you had a sad day. i agree with shad, If someone was to give me that sort of news I would like to hear it from you too. Wow, it makes you realise that this could be my parents one day. i can't imagine it.

Holly, I understand your melancholy, it's a hard balance to reach. I think you do so well. Sometimes having people around really helps us to see ourselves in a differnt light. I love company. It's so special that you had such a cherished time. What a great idea presenting your "rules" to the parents. If the guidelines are there in B & W it is easier for everyone. Same with DH too. Nice for hubby to ahve his friend for a bit...I will hope for some time for you and him soon.

Shad....( or should I say nancy drew!) woohoo a super snoop. what a great prospect. It sounds as tho the plan needs a good critic and you are just the one to do it. It's so frustrated when it is obvious people have been "told" they have to learn something new for training and then they fight it tooth and nail, restrictions on your time don't make it easy. Crossed fingers that things will improve!

Meadow i giggled when i read your post. i wish I was running and on the beach. i did walk fast but just on the treadmill at the gym and the eliptical trainer got a session too....one can only dream about the running. I used to but my knees are seriously buggered now and I can't. Everytime I try I suffer for it.

everyone, I'm off to make afternoon tea
suzi in auz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 08:03 AM   #36  

Woke up happy but life gets in the way. Very sad about Clyde. He was so old and very sick. Wish I could have said goodbye. Clyde( my 17 year old cat wioth kidney disease) snuck out the door a few nights ago and has not come back. We think he went away to die.

Had an email from a parent about my letter home, supportive but a comment was made about how differently we parent our children.It was a shock. We have quite similar practises as far as I have known.

Other parents will be here is a few minutes.

If nothing else it stirred up the pot. If things change because of it at least I will have a more clear idea of my own path.

Saw hubby for a few minutes this morning. He taslked about Clyde.He gets snarky but I kow he is very upset. I try to be compassionate but it stirs up a gut reaction.Like I want to kick him.
Wouldn’t kind words and tone be easier.

Time for a coffee.

Good Morning and HUGS!!!!
Old 08-16-2006, 08:32 AM   #37  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies, just a quick check in for me - yesterday and today constitute a fast trot on the old "hamster wheel" of life.

Sorry to hear that things are so hectic for many of you. I think we all need to meet for a nice cup of fragrant tea and a gentle massage - don't you?
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 10:48 AM   #38  
Smackin' into a Wall

Hi all ~ I just want to drop in for a quick "hello". Hamster wheel is about right, Happy, but they keep moving the darn cheese (and I wouldn't be allowed to eat it even if I did get it)

Hopefully I'll be back this evening to read and comment. to all.
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 06:08 PM   #39  
Suzi in Auz

HI all...quick peek
Having a day with DStoday just for healing sake and sorting out the correct sling etc. Also trip to Dr to check ear infection results.

Holly...was just reading your comment. your "parenting" practices, are different...frankly when you are looking after someone elses children the rules and guidelines need to be pretty clear and the most important thing is keeping everyone safe! I am sure that if you didn't do something like this you would certainly hear about it. When our kids go to day care we have clear instructions on what is expected of them. I guess it's expected when these people are "friends" for the rules to be different.
I say good on you! You need your business to run correctly and to think of everyone. When a letter such as you have written is received I guess it's easier to point the finger at you rather than take ownership and look at what they need to do...hmmm.
I am so sorry to hear about your cat. I hope you can find him somewhere...such a shame
Hi Madcat...peddle hard! I'm still looking for the cheese!
Hi Happy ..peddle too....

Off to do housework! Yuck!
Old 08-16-2006, 10:54 PM   #40  
Suzi in Auz

been to Drs .... they cleaned out DS13 ear, found perforated ear drum behind the muck, hope this heals as might mean an operation if it doesn't. He is on two different meds for outer and inner infection. Also still very sore shoulder...I feel for him today. He is still my 'little" man!
Old 08-16-2006, 11:15 PM   #41  
Tig
Gotta RUN!

Only five more days until the project goes live.....

Meanwhile, this is the team shirt selected by my dear technical team. They are brilliant. Unappreciated. Cussed at. But brilliant.
Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 12:57 AM   #42  
Choose your hard

oh Tig, that's HYSTERICAL

I knew there was a reason I bought that Learn SQL in 10 Minutes book.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:59 AM   #43  
Choose your hard

oh Suzi - poor little DS
Old 08-17-2006, 05:09 AM   #44  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Evening all,
Short note from me again unfortunately. Was a good day today. Sent several planners speechless with the hints, tips and tricks I dish out at the end of the day. One had his head in his hands uttering profanities thick and fast. Why, why, why don't they take the time to teach people the basics before they start teaching them the complicated stuff - which would not be so complicated if they just knew the basics. Another 6.30 start tomorrow so bed calls. Gotta go.

Love you all, even if I don't really understand Tigs tee shirt.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 08:12 AM   #45  

I am awake. That is a good sign.Better than the alternative, as my Grandma says, which is not waking up at all. Ready for a new day.

Hubby and i talked last night again.We had several convos yesterday. I am extrememly unhappy with the way he treats me/speaks to me. i have tried to
reach him and express it for months in a gentle way. I have reached the end of my rope and told him yesterday I was not willing to live the next 40 years this way.It is really about a general lack of being civilised and kindness. Any human being deserves it. And frankly I am wife. One would think he could muster up enough energy to speak to me in as kind voice or way. Belching in my face as a greeting or grunting at me over the TV is just not okay!!
We have actually been getting along okay and have been parenting well together. This has been present and I chose to ignore it most of the time. It is immature and childish and I am done.
I feel like we connected and he listened. He did not get angry which is unusual and I am thankful. His coping and communication skills are very poor.
He did make very general statemants, and always does, like, everyone is busy doing things, it is all about how you cope. um.....I am not everyone.I am me. I do cope quite well with what has been handled to me in life . Wanting a kind supportive husband is not an inability on my part to handle my life. He offered to take over household bills etc. I said no, I just want you to be kind and gracious and sometimes say thank you. Look at me when I speak and you talk to me.

We got a lovely email from our overseas friends thanking us for the how special their visit was. I asked hubby if he realized the things they were thanking us for were the details that I worked at and provided to make their visit special and that I gave weeks of time time a care to this. He grunted. I got tears in my my eyes. He just doesn’t see what I do. His life is easy and blessed, mostly because I am here doing what i do with thoughtfulness and care. Everything he could and does want in life is right at his fingertips. I am happy and friendly, rarely grumpy. I joyfully face each day.I hate being invisible to my family.
Hopefully this is the beginning of a shift for us.
Had a coffee and took a shower. I look like I have aged 15 years. All the Avon face cream in the world wont help this face. Very puffy from crying. Still grieving Clyde. going to bed was hard. He has slept on my pillow with his paws on my cheek every night for over 17 years.I wake to him tapping my nose because he is hungry.The last thing I do every night before bed is feed him.

7 kids today. 2 were on time we will see abou the other 3. So far 1 is late. Hard to believe it is Thurs already.
Had a talk yesterday with a vendor from the market.We are going to stop going. The Townhall is not supporting it and us. It has become a waste of time lately. I have been very committed to it but it is dwindling.

Time for breaky.