Old 10-13-2006, 11:20 AM   #46  
Day of the Observer

S/C/G: 175/168/120

Height: 5' 2.5"

Morning Coley-
Sorry to hear about your neighbor, that's got to be a little disconcerting. Be Careful!!!!! It sounds to me like he may be bi-polar. My finace is ADHD so i've learned quite a bit about it, and this guy sounds like he's way off the charts. Yikes!!!!

I have no idea what the time difference is between where you are and here (Central Time US) but if you ever want to try to chat on messenger let me know, I would love to hear more about the Tarot, but don't know if we should take up everyone else's time with it.

Anyway, today is Friday, thankfully. This week has been really hectic and i'm really looking forward to a couple of days off. My fiance is treating me to dinner out tonight at our favorite steak house so the breakfast and lunch menu today consists of Black Coffee. Hopefully he'll want to go early.
dl3297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 11:42 PM   #47  
Play that funky music!

S/C/G: 290ish/266/250

Height: 5'4"

Well, we finally had our first cold night here in Florida... sort of... The hubby and I went out for a walk tonight and I was kind of cold by the time we got back in -- but we were still walking in shorts. And I did see that someone actually had a jacket on today, as we drove by the park. Of course, walking around the uni campus I see the young girls dressed in jeans and big heavy sweatshirts, even on the worst days of summer. Do they think they're hiding how "fat" they are? They just look miserable to me!

Mmmm... cold weather... I think I need a cup of sugar free hot chocolate!

See ya!!

-Lala
dalai_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 09:47 AM   #48  
Day of the Observer

S/C/G: 175/168/120

Height: 5' 2.5"

Ahhhh, the season for Hot Chocolate!!! We've definately started that here in the mid west. I actually had to bring out my winter coat already. Lala, you are sooooo lucky to live near warmer weather. We're supposed to be getting snow this weekend, and i've been using my remote start on my car for about two weeks already to unfreeze my doors and windows in the morning. Oh, well, I guess the time for walking outside has about come to an end. Not sure what i'm going to do for excercise now. Any suggestions?
Well, it's been a really long week here, i'm so glad that it's Friday. Work has been really boring me lately, and that's not a good thing, I want to snack all day, but so far have been avoiding it for the most part. I think it's time for a change of pace. I do some database work for a realtor here, and she has offered to pay for my classes and license and provide a mentorship if I would be interested in obtaining my real estate license, so i'm seriously considering it. I'm kind of getting burned out on the Manufacturing Purchasing thing. I've been doing this for 10 years, and I just don't seem to have a whole lot of drive to continue in this field.
I know some of you have made career changes, please share your stories with me if you would. I'd like to know what made you finally decide to change, and how tough it was to do it.

Have a Great Weekend Everyone!!!!
dl3297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 06:39 AM   #49  

Hey everyone! It should be cold here by now but its been unseasonably warm for months. Fella and I have been busy running our lovely jewellery business which is going extremely well. Give me 4-5 years and I might be able to live off it!

Weightwise nothing has moved this month, despite my neither eating much more or less. So I'm taking drastic action (for me) - I'm stopping getting any wine at the supermarket. I do like a glass of wine of an evening but I'm stuck with my weight and I'm not prepared to give up any solid food calories so booze has to go (except if we go out for a meal then I'll have a glass). If i just don't have my glass of wine a night I'm saving 490 a week. That should get things moving. It'll be weird having no vices at all - I'll have to take up gambling!

Neighbours have been very quiet lately..Shhhh..don't wake them! I just hope they stay quiet in the new year when we put the house on the market!
coley144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 07:21 PM   #50  
Play that funky music!

Hello, hello...

School is still making me crazy...

I broke my glasses a couple of days ago. Hubby soldered (sp?) them back together, which worked for yesterday, but they broke again this morning. Sigh. I had my eye appointment earlier this evening though. New glasses take about a week or so. Hehehehee... I wore my prescription sunglasses to work today. I look horrible in them, but at least I could type!

I have a doctor appt in about two weeks. I'm soooooo getting yelled at. No weight lost since my last appointment. But I've decided not to worry about it so much for the end of the year. At this time last year I hopped on the scale and saw a number that started with a 29 and ended in either a 6 or 8. I was too freaked out to be sure of the last number, and I never went back to the scale to find out. Right now I'm at 255. I say that me at 255 is an improvement over me at 300, and that that is an okay accomplishment for me in one year. No one could have asked for more, don't ya think? So that's what I'm gonna tell her if she fusses at me. (so there!)

We're having a big community wide yard sale on Saturday. Everything must go! I hope to get rid of a whole bunch of stuff. I'm not sure if I even care about making a bunch of money, I just want to have some room in my rooms! We are the worst couple of pack rats...

Anyway, I'm off to snooze on the couch. I'm so tired toward the end of the week... this getting to work at 7 am crap is getting old!

Talk to ya'll soon!

-Lala
Old 11-04-2006, 04:06 PM   #51  

Lala! - Hey sweetie you've done AMAZINGLY well!!! Why worry? You've lost 45pounds! What was the other option again?....Oh yeah....put on at least 10!!! How many people can say that have done that EVER let alone in one year.

Yay for you I say! Gotta love that carrot's moves!

My booze free (mostly) week has paid off...1 pound down...am now the proud loser of 50 pounds! Hurrah! Should I be peed off that it's not 70?

Yay for us I say.
Old 11-04-2006, 08:32 PM   #52  
Play that funky music!

Woo hoo! Fifty is nifty! Congratulations....

-Lala
Old 11-17-2006, 09:30 AM   #53  

Hey Lala - you seen that doc yet? How did it go?

I'm still wavering around the 50 mark...have stopped drinking alcohol...except at weekends but even then am hardly drinking any. Have been STARVING which tends to imply that I am burning some fat off. I tend to get hungry before I lose - its my body trying to force me to eat. Anyway my average calories have dropped at least 100 a day so that's gotta have some effect.

It does make me panic a bit though if every pound is going to be an almighty struggle. I'm down around 1250-1300 a day now and still weigh 253! I can't drop much more so I'm wondering whether to just carry on with the diet and see where I end up. Its having goals in mind that drive me crazy. At the moment if I drop 2 pounds a month its a good one! But, as I keep reminding myself, 2 pounds a month adds up over time!

Its not that I don't like the diet - I do. I don't even have a problem with being on it forever. My problem is wanting to be perfect. I read about people on here dropping 100 pounds in a year and I think 'Why on earth can't my body do that?' It really annoys me, to be honest, when I'm struggling for every last pound.

Well at least its friday which means I can have a glass of wine!

and after that impromptu rant..how are you?