Old 11-09-2006, 10:29 PM   #106  

Bringing us to the top!
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 10:07 PM   #107  

Hello Ladies -

Guess everyone was busy this weekend. I went into the office both saturday and sunday. We're moving offices next week and I had to get my office packed.

Hope to hear from someone soon.....
Old 11-14-2006, 03:19 AM   #108  
Mooz

Mornin chickies .... time for me to check in again I think .... I really must try and do it more often. The last time I got my blood pressure checked it was down a bit even though I panic when that machine is strapped to my arm .... The good news was that on the nurses scales I was down 6 pounds ..... so cutting out all the rubbish foods really does work. I am feeling so much better for it too. I weigh 158 on my own scales in the morning usually which is good for me. My clothes are getting looser on me too. I will have to be careful over the time leading up to and over Christmas though but all in all things are looking up. I can take a cup of tea now without eating biscuits or cake .... WOO HOO!!

Paul is in China at the moment having a great time ..... he gets home next weekend
Sinead is working in the Health Centre down the street which is so handy for her. I hope she gets a permanent job there later on.
Orla is home from Scandenavia and back at University.
Brian is working every day and I still have my 2 hour per day job which seems to keep me busy somehow!!

Gotta go now and get dressed and get for a walk before work

Have a great day all
mooz49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 06:23 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 148.8

Height: 5 ft

Hi Ladies,
I know it's been quite some time since I have posted. I apologize for that. Going to therapy three times a week sure does take a lot of time. They keep me there usually 1-1/2 hours, however, I do believe it is working! I only have occasional cramping in my legs. I am also going to WW and have lost an average of 1 lb. per for the last 4 weeks.

I am still bowling 4 times a week and also working one day a week and also doing some work for the attorneys at home. The internet sure is a great invention.

Hope you all are doing well.

Take care,
Anita
Nita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 08:55 PM   #110  

Hello Ladies -

Where did this week go? I hadn't posted since last weekend. Last week I fell down and hurt my right hand, it was mainly my thumb and palm. I never realized how much we use our thumb. It took me longer to get ready for work, to open up things. I only worked out one day this week, my trainer was out sick 2 days which for me turned out good. It was a very hetic week. Tomorrow it's back to my morning workouts. House is a mess, need to get ready for thanksgiving day. I think i'm having it at my house, unless my sister decides to have it.

Mooz - Glad to hear your blood pressure was down when you took it, AND WTG on your 6 lb loss. Sounds like the kids are really traveling. Will they all be home for the Christmas Holidays?

Nita - I"m glad the physical theraphy is helping with your leg cramps. WTG on your 4 lb loss. How is Gene doing?
Old 11-20-2006, 12:17 PM   #111  

Hey Chicks~~
Sorry it's been awhile for me to be posting on here, but getting into this site has been a bear! With my slow internet dial up, it just takes 4 ever to load and sometimes just freezes up. (can't wait for the dsl again in AZ)
And my doc appt found that i've been getting a spike in my bp. Added ANOTHER pill, but after 3 days it does seem to really be helping. I was even getting headaches and finally no more of them. Felt soooo crappy also, just did not know why, so it was a good thing my appt just ended up being at that time(yearly pap) Well, i get it checked again in 1 wk and hope that is the end of it. DH has several more doc appts to squeeze in b4 we leave too, so this is going to be one hectic time.

I did get my new walking sneaks so i plan to get right on that in AZ. As long as i feel good, i want to start feeling even better and drop some of this wt. It's horrible to find the clothes you have are all tight or too small.

Well, congrats to Mooz for getting her bp down! YGG. Keep up the good work. Do you find that caffeine does anything to it? I'm not sure but i don't feel the coffee i drink really affects it, and so far the doc did not bring it up.
Way to go on losing the 6# !

Congrats to NITA on your wt. loss and exercise....ygg!!!

1DAY~~ wow, now you get to do Thanksgiving at your house...Yes, it is suprising how much we do need our thumb. Hope it is better soon and that you get lots of help from family w/the meal on Thurs.

Everyone have a great Thanksgiving...
I know i will be thankful to be healthy! And still on the planet

To all the other chicks...try to post if you can. I will still check back in b4 leaving in Dec.

thinlizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 08:37 PM   #112  
Give peace a chance.

Guess I've been remiss like others.

I did talk to the person in charge at the Church about doing the First Place, so I think that will go.

Bought You on a Diet--has anyone read this?

I have more poems if anyone would like to PM me.

WTG those who are exercising and keeping the BP down. Hoorayk!
Catlover777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 12:31 AM   #113  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Hi everyone,
Sorry to be so remiss in posting. I was sure I had told you that I was going to be away from the 'net for a period of time since I was driving to Townsville and setting up for the next six months up here. Kitty didn't come with me in the end. She is with the DS2 and is apparently settling in okay - well sort of.

So I am back at work in Townsville. I now have the net on so I can post again. It is good to see people posting here again.

No weight off for me this month. Everything is about the same. Nothing seems to work too well anymore (as far as dieting goes) I'm trying to exercise regularly in the mornings - it gets too hot if I don't do it then and I have no inclination to do it at night time. I'm looking into gyms at the moment. I need to go back to one I think.

Hope everything is going well for you all.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 08:31 PM   #114  

Hello Ladies -

Thin - Glad the new pill is helping with your blood pressure. I'm sure with the headaches and feeling yuckie, who wants to think about exercising. Like you said once you get to feeling better, you have those new sneakers to break in.

Cat - I just bought the book. I really like reading how our bodies work. Let us know how the First place goes.

Shad - good to hear from you. I didn't remember reading about you being out of town, but I figured that's where you were. I have 2 weeks before my next weigh in and i'm going to start my eating healthy after this weekend.

It's going on three months for me with this exercise program and last month I gained 1 lb but lost some inches. I know I have got to start eating healthy. Sugar will be the hardest for me to quite, but I know I can do it. This week I exercised 3 straight days with the thought of Thanksgiving coming up. Luckily for me we're dining out, so I know I won't eat as much as if I were eating at home.

Wishing everyone a Safe and Happy Thanksgiving.
I'm so thankful for what God has given me, my family, health, friends. I'm thankful for this site and for you all in being in my life, you give me the support and encouragement that I need.
Old 11-25-2006, 10:26 PM   #115  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Patty,
Happy Birthday. Hope you have a wonderful day and that you get everything you wish for.

Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 04:38 PM   #116  
Give peace a chance.

Gosh, I have been away. However, I felt I did pretty well for Thanksgiving. I feel bad it seems Thanksgiving is so swallowed up in Christmas.

Mooz, do you have Harvest Home, or is that English only?
Catlover777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 05:01 PM   #117  

Patty~~ Happy Birthday!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Daffs[1].JPG (18.6 KB, 5 views)
Old 11-26-2006, 08:35 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 148.8

Height: 5 ft

Good Evening from Phoenix, AZ

I, too, have been absent from posting. Time sure does fly even when you are not always having fun. Since we have no family here I just fixed two steaks on the grill. However, the next day I felt guilty and brought home a turkey breast that Safeway had prepared, some mashed potatoes and cornbread dressing. Gene really did enjoy our Friday meal. Gene is still housebound but his blood pressure is doing much better. The low number finally got to 67 today. It had been anywhere from 45 to 55 just a few weeks ago.

I lost a whole 1/4 lb. this week but the WW Leader said it was awesome to lose anything around Thanksgiving. I am still in the process of finding someone to watch over Gene so I can visit my children back in Ohio and PA. It's almost 2 years since I have seen them. Sometimes I get rather depressed and wonder if I will ever get a chance to see them again!

Well tomorrow it is back to the basics, therapy, chair yoga and healthy eating! Mooz -- a special CONGRATS on losing 6 lbs. That is really terrific. And I do agree with you we just need to give up some of those goodies we think our bodies need. We finally have some large oranges on our tree and I make an effort to eat at least one a day! They taste so much better than the ones from the grocery store.

I am going to try and post more often because I do believe it gets me going to make better choices knowing you guys are doing the same1

Take care,
Anita
I am only going to try this one more time. It seems they will not let me post because they say I haven't signed in but I have. Luckily I saved my first message!!!
Nita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 07:19 AM   #119  

Good Morning Ladies,

Just got back from my morning workout. She weighed me in early for this month, I was very hesistant on weighing in after thanksgiving weekend, BUT I did and lost 2.5 lbs this month. I also lost about 2 more inches. I was not able to write everything down as she had someone else waiting to get weighed.

Thank you for the birthday wishes. Saturday night the whole family got together and celebrated and yesterday was busy running around. I'm actually taking today off and going to get a massage and hopefully clean out a closet or two.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:34 AM   #120  

Hi Chicksters~~ Well, now i am off the new bp pill, cause it was having too many side effects...not much else new here, still in a frenzy of course trying to get ready for the trip.

I am very interested in that book CAT mentioned...by Dr. Oz. I saw a place on Amazon to print out a shopping list of foods to go along w/the book when released...I think i'll buy it at Costco when we get to AZ. It sounds like something that is very healthy and should work. I want to get healthier for sure. Are you going to try it also CAT?? Let me know. OH, and i sent you a PM on this.

Glad you had a good b.d. 1DAY~~ and lost the inches and some wt. too YGG~~Keep up the good work.

Got to go for now, i will check in again tho'

Last edited by thinlizzie; 11-27-2006 at 10:02 AM. Reason: adding note