Old 10-04-2006, 01:20 AM   #76  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

News - of sorts.

I have a new job! It will be in Townsville and will be for around six months. Following which I will make my long awaited trip to Canada and the States. Now I can start planning it. The company is looking into a rental property which will take a cat - so Miss Puss can start racking up some more frequent flyer points.

Now that gives me 5 weeks to organise, cook for, have, get over this party and go to the tropics for another dose of the heat. Interesting interview technique has my friend Zenny. Chit chat about the land she has bought in Tasmania, chat about the job her husband has got, chat about the people we know, chat about the people I know in Townsville and who Zen is getting to know and when can I start? Not a long interview and very pleasant. Wish they were all like that.

Nita - I put my flexibility down to the Body Balance class I do every Saturday. It consists of Yoga, Tai Chi and Pilates. I swear by it.

Hal - Great news on the further weight loss. Hope you get to hear from the friend again. Good friends are hard to find.

Cat - Congratulations on having those poems published. Good news.

Oneday - congratulations on your weight loss too. You are all doing well on this thread. Long may it last.

Gotta go and post some snail mail.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 11:02 PM   #77  
Give peace a chance.

Quick check in. Doing well with the walking, and DH back to work today!''

My Shad you seem to live such an adventurous life.

Tomorrow telling stories at Old Missouri Town. Since DH not working, he agreed to come with me. Looking forward to it.
Catlover777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 11:01 PM   #78  

Hello Ladies,

Don't know if i'll ever get use to working out, but I do know I'm feeling much better and not as stressed. This morning I even got up and went to the gym and workout on the recumbent bike for 20 minutes and the treadmill for 20 minutes. Tomorrow i'm going to start on my healthy eating program. We get 1 cheat day a week to eat whatever we want that day. Maybe tomorrow will be my cheat day.

Shad - Great news on the job. And that great you get to take Miss Puss with you. Remember as you plan your trip, you have a friend down here in Texas!

Cat - have you started wearing your pedometer? I was cleaning house today and clean across mine, think i'll start wearing it.

Hal, Nita, Mooz and Thin - Hope to hear from you all soon!
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 10:46 PM   #79  
Give peace a chance.

1day--yes, I have been wearing my pedometer, and it does seem to motivate me. It doesn't work with some clothes, though--so today I had to estimate. I was glad I gave myself a few days to get used to it before "officially" recording the steps. Even on the clothes it works on, you have to be sure that it's stuck down firmly, and not tilted.

Night, all.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:39 PM   #80  

Hello Ladies -

Cat - I know what you mean, the one I have keeps falling from my pants if I bend over. It's a pretty cheap one.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:13 PM   #81  

Morning all,
Dashing in between household jobs. Not much new here. I don't start my new job until November so I have a couple of weeks break - which I intend to make the most of.

Had a bit of overnight rain here. It's freshened up the garden a bit but gone noway near breaking the drought. Still a little is better than none I guess.

Done my 5 days at the gym for the week. That's a little over 5.1/2 hours of exercise. I need the two days rest - the body is not always as resilient as it used to be. It's not good at losing weight either. No matter how much I try, the scale remains obstinately the same.

Speaking of scales, today I went out and bought a new scale. It has bmi, hydration, weight etc.etc.etc. Now I just have to work out how it works.

Hope the stories went okay Cat.

1day - exercise sure does help the stress in your life. I spend the time on the treadmill, elliptical or bike planning out my day or week as the case may be. Keep going. It still takes time to get the weight off even with lots of exercise.

Hey Mooz - must be time for another check in here surely. I thought you were going to make yourself accountable on here!!!!

Gotta go sand and paint some more walls. Life's never dull around here.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:40 PM   #82  

Hello Ladies,

Shad - I lost 4 lbs the first 3 weeks and last week I didn't lose anything. I'm noticing my clothes starting to fit better. I have a long way to go. I'm moving and stretching my body in ways that it hasn't been stretched in a long time. The one thing I do know for sure is my chiropractor has noticed a difference in my adjustments. She says i'm holding them longer, which is good, means the core is getting stronger. Hope you get some more rain showers.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:20 PM   #83  

Bringing us to the top!
Old 10-12-2006, 10:41 PM   #84  
Give peace a chance.

Lost my pedometer, then found. So that was a glitch. Today only 2,700 steps. I thought more. Hard to walk in the morning before work. And supposed to freeze tonight ugh.

Yes, had fun with the stories, and DH came with me to the festival, which was nice.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:47 PM   #85  

Red face

Hi Chicks~~
Sorry i've been away....as you mentioned HALGAL, I am in the middle of transition to AZ..
And i did not make and stick to any plan yet. Still don't feel the 'determined to do it!' and stick to it feeling. I had it years back when i got on WW and lost it. Maybe i will check if there are any good WW meetings in AZ...or LA Wt.Loss like my MIL does, but i know that is very pricey. I can get the info from her and buy bars(protein) from her I suppose. Or just find a substitue bar that would fill the need. I guess she is required to eat 2 of them per day cause you don't get to eat much meat per meal, esp red meat, that is kept to once a week or less i think.

Glad you guys are staying strong and keep up all the good work. Got to go now and finish cooking DH and my supper. We have grouse up here and it's bird season so i am trying a new recipe with them.
OH and we got snowed on already! But i think it will melt by Sat or Sun. And we are lucky it's only 2 inches of it here, some places got 8 to 10 inches.

All for now,
thinlizzie
thinlizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 04:20 PM   #86  

Hi y'all,
I did pop in yesterday morning but decided to post later in the day. With all the stuff that went down, later in the day became never.

Spent the day doing a spring clean of the house. My old table had gone to DS2's place along with the 4 remaining chairs. I am now using the even older pine table given to me by my friends out in the bush when they replaced their table. It was meant to be for outside but when I put it and a couple of chairs out there, the sun did the maximum amount of damage in minimum time - that's why I had to spend time last week taking the chairs to pieces and fixing, gluing, clamping etc .
I am trying to get rid of some of my accummulated stuff. I really don't know why I have so much in this little house.

I have a new scale. It has a whole raft of features - most of which I will not use. Some of those bells and whistles are fairly useless. I don't like the numbers that this one gives me, but it is only a guide. At least I can now see things moving either up or down - it goes down in increments of 100 grams whereas the old one only went down in 500grams. The body fat thing is a bit of a stranger but at least - or should that be at last - I am not obese (in the scales opinion) anymore - just over fat! And I am beginning to wonder what I have to do to fix that. Just doesn't seem to want to go away.

Todays agenda is back to the gym and cardio. Then to paint the hall walls I have finished plastering and finish the washing. Then I really need to water the potplants before they all keel over. Better sort out what to do with them while I am away as well. And as always a few bills need paying.

And that is about it really.

Okay - coffee is done. Time to get dressed for gym. Time to start my day. Hope your are all enjoying your weekend.
Old 10-16-2006, 12:07 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 148.8

Height: 5 ft

Good Morning Ladies,

I know I have been absent for a while, but I do think of you ladies quite often. At the moment I am still having hamstring problems. Each morning when I get up it feels like my legs are breaking. However, after my shower and some stretches, and a whole lot of Ben Gay, the pain seems to go away. I also take an Advil with my vitamens.

Gene has not progressed very much and watches a lot of TV. However, his spirits seem better and he doesn't seem drugged as he was before. I definitely am going to join the WW group which starts a week from Thursday. However, I have to agree with Thin, I am not really sure I am ready. I do believe my legs will feel much better if I lose some of this excess weight.

I am still bowling 3 to 4 times a week and it really does relieve a lot of my built-up stress. I am still checking out to find a private home that takes people in for a couple of weeks so I can go see my children. It's been almost two years since I have been back to Ohio and PA.

Well I had better get moving so I can make some phone calls. Take care each and every one of you!

Anita
Nita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 06:01 AM   #88  
Mooz

Mornin chicks .... just a quick call. I had no computer for about a week ..... some virus ..... and probably more than one!!
I have been feeling down for the past couple of days .... don't have a reason to though ..... then yesterday I was talking to a friend who seemed to have lots more trouble in her life than I have! Later on, when I was down the street, I met a girl I used to work with and she told me she had just found out she had got breast cancer and is going into hospital to have a breast removed! After I left her I thought to myself that there was someone with something to really worry about!
Anyway the last time I went to the nurse my BP was down a bit even though I could feel myself getting tense when she put that thing on my arm
I have to get my cholesterol checked again in Nov.
I have cut out all the rubbish foods and I am trying to walk more. I have just come in from a 2 mile walk and I must admit I do feel better after doing that.
Gotta go now .... have a good day all

Now more than ever
Think of all the things you've learned in your life. And just imagine how very much more there is that you can now learn based upon what you already know.

Consider how your own unique perspective has grown, matured and become more valuable over the years. Imagine all the possibilities that are even now opening up to you because of how far you've already come.

It's impossible to know exactly what will happen tomorrow, or next month, or five years from now. Yet you most certainly are better prepared than ever to successfully handle whatever surprises life sends your way.

Now, more effectively than ever before, you can transform problems into opportunities. Now, with more purpose and more experience than ever before, you can work to bring richness and value to life.

When you face a challenge that seems impossible to overcome, remember this. The world is filled with things that once were considered impossible and which are now commonplace.

When you woke up this morning, you broke through to a new level of performance, of knowledge, of effectiveness. Now, more than ever, you have what it takes to move successfully and meaningfully through each moment.

-- Ralph Marston
mooz49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 08:39 PM   #89  

Hello Ladies,

Thin - Good to hear from you, I'm sure your pretty busy getting the place ready for winter and packing for your winter trip. I"m sure it's hard to stick to a plan with lots to do. Just try and make better choices until you get settled. Give us a shout once you get to AZ.

Shad - You are such a busy lady. Gym, cardio, painting, cleaning, washing all in one day, I'm thinking of getting one of those new scales too. I always heard the body fat count is not very accurate. I guess anything would be better than the one I have. If I don't like the number, I just stomp on it and it's moves.

Nita - Sorry to hear your having hamstring problems. Are you still doing the chair yoga? I'm sure the stretching would help. I'm surprised the bowling doesn't help. WE'll you take care of yourself.

Mooz - When you hear of someone else's problems and especially something like breast cancer, it puts things in perspective. Sorry to hear your feeling blue, but keep on walking the fresh air and sunshine will do you good.

As for me, still working out MWF at 5:00am. I have come to the realization that I need to start going to bed earlier. I intend to be in bed by 9:30, but I don't turn out the lights until 10:30 to 11:00am. I'm doing good on exercise, but not that great on food. I haven't eaten fast food, but my lunch and dinner are not great. To many carbs. And besides, all the halloween candy it really bad. I eat it everyday, thinking, oh, I worked out, it's ok. I'm thinking of doing the South Beach, maybe I can get rid of the sugar cravings.

Hal & Cat - Hope to hear from you all.
Old 10-18-2006, 11:21 PM   #90  
Give peace a chance.

Mooz--of course there is always someone worse off than we are, but you have to give yourself time to grieve. Grief really is work, and we each have to work it out for ourselves.

Patty--I'm in awe of your early-rising work out.

I've been using my pedometer, and aiming for over 3,000 steps a day. This is not nearly what the experts recommend, but it's an improvement for me, so I'm trying to feel good about it, and maybe increase later.

The PT is having DH do all kinds of strange things like jump down from a step. (The goal is to land on both feet at once. As with most CPs, his left side is stronger.) The therapist says she will have him running again, which is hard to imagine. She also says that he compensates very well--but compensating doesn't solve the underlying problem. And over the last 60+years no one thought he could solve the underlying problems.

Heck, when he was born the dr told his mother to put him in an institution, that he would never be anything but a vegetable, so that's what they though of rehab then.

OOPS--OT.

Nita--I certainly wish Gene had someone as wonderful and dedicated a Marisa to work with him--but I think there are not many like her.