Old 12-16-2006, 10:25 PM   #136  

Hello Ladies,

I'm so glad to hear from you all. I know everyone is busy with shopping and getting ready for the holidays and taking care of home and family. I'm so ready for some rest and relaxation. The end of the year at work is so hetic. I had a few days of vacation I was going to carry over, but I think i'll try and take week of Christmas. I'm still working out 3 times a week, once in a while I get a 4th workout in, but at the same time I'm eating whatever I want. I'm just hoping I don't gain.

Thin - Glad you all made to AZ safely. I got the book but haven't had a chance to finish reading it. I think I'll put that on my list of to do's if I take a few days off. I have been journaling have you. Of course if anyone read my journal they would wonder if I were on a weight gain diet. Oh, well my motto is "if you bite it write it".

Nita - I'm so sorry to hear that Gene has been having problems. I'm sure it's a scary feeling when he falls not knowing what all he has hurt. Is he still going to physical theraphy? Glad to hear your doing better.

Hal - By the looks of your ticker, looks like your losing weight. WTG...Are you traveling for the holidays? I'm sure your looking forward to some time off from the kids.

Mooz & Shad - hope to hear from you all too..
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 08:37 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 148.8

Height: 5 ft

Hi All,

Happy Sunday evening! I bowled in a tournament today--did not win but still had fun!

I have to confess dieting for me is not working. I thought I could get through the holidays maintaining but it does not look that way. However, I cannot beat myself up because that will not do any good. I read the review of the doctors' new book and it does sound encouraging.

No, Gene is not doing any physical therapy and taking him to appointments is very difficult. I am taking him to the dentist on Tuesday.

I have been very busy making Christmas gifts. This does keep me out of the kitchen so it is a good thing! One of my granddaughters gave birth to a baby boy on Saturday in Ohio. This means I now have 9 great grandchildren. I cannot believe how times flies.

Well, I am going to try and post more often because I do know I can get back on track.

Have any of you ladies hear Il Divo sing? These are four goodlooking guys from different countries--one is from the U.S. and they sing classical and opera music. They have been on Oprah's show and Good Morning America. I have their CD and they are truly awesome.

Take care,
Nita
Nita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 09:55 PM   #138  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Nita - I have a cd of Il Divo. I intend to get some more as well. Today I saw that they have a Christmas disc out. The one I have has Unchained Melody and Ave Maria on it. Brings tears to the eyes. They are gorgeous.
Sorry to hear you are having such a tough time of it. It's a pain not being able to lose at all I know. At the moment all I am concentrating on is not gaining and exercise. If I can achieve that over the Christmas period, I will be happy.

I'm still in Townsville. It's hot and the aircon has broken in my unit (one of the many things not right in this block of units) Tonight I might have to sleep in the pool.

Got plenty of work to do and am mentoring a couple of young guys (makes a really nice change) who are keen to get on with things. It's fun.

Guess I had better go get on with the job. I'm going home on the 24th for 10 days. I should get back here before then tho. I really am behind on all Christmas stuff and no cards will be posted until after the event. I had them all ready to travel up with me and must have left them somewhere safe because they sure aren't here - and I forgot my address book anyway.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 10:39 PM   #139  

Hello Ladies -

Trying to get ready for the holidays. My shopping is done, now all I have to do is wrap and pack. OH, we're spending Christmas at my brothers in Austin. It's about a 3 - 3 1/2 hour drive but i'm sure with holiday traffic it will turn in to 4 or 5. Tomorrow is a work day and now I really wished I had take a vacation day. I've been exercising all week, but eating everything. After the holidays I plan to start my diet.

Nita - Congrats on your new grandbaby! I'm sorry to hear Gene is not doing as well as he was. Let's get through the holidays and come Jan 1 let make that committment to journal or count points.

Shad - I'm sure you'll be glad to get home even if it for a short period. Gosh no a/c. Is'nt is pretty hot there?

I might not log on until the 27th or 28th. Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! To those that are traveling please be safe.
Old 12-22-2006, 03:15 AM   #140  
Mooz

.... Hi chickies ...... sorry for not checking in more often.
Christmas is nearly on us again and I can't believe how quickly it has crept up on me!
I have not posted any cards overseas this year so any of you that I have an e-mail address for will be getting e-cards instead.
My eating is going well. At home mostly eat healthy food but if I am eating out then I allow myself a little treat. It seems to be working slowly as I weighed in this morning at 155. ..... mind you I am eating out today at lunch time for our staff Christmas lunch and then eating out in the evening with the line dancers for their Christmas dinner..... maybe I will just not weigh in again for a few days ........
The kids will all be home at Christmas which is good although it will be strange without my mum.
Gotta go now and I will check in over Christmas to see what you have all been up to.

mooz49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 11:00 PM   #141  

Merry Christmas Chicks~~~~ wishing you all a happy one.

thinlizzie
thinlizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 08:57 PM   #142  
Give peace a chance.

Sorry I've been absent--hope everyone had a fine Christmas.

Nita--sorry about Gene. Wish he could find the right person to help him.

Wishing you all well!i
Catlover777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 03:24 PM   #143  

Good Morning everyone,
I hope you all had a very merry Christmas and will be enjoying a Happy New Year shortly. Blessings to all of you at this time.

It's been somewhat hectic around here as I flew in from Townsville on Sunday night and got to bed late (just before Santa was due to arrive) and don't seem to have stopped running yet. I haven't posted any cards at all this year since stupidly I left them here and my address book and went happily off to Townsville without either of them. Couldn't see the point in buying more cards only to have them sitting around until I got back here for the addresses.

Anita - Congratulations on the birth of a great-grandchild. How lovely for you. Do they send you online pictures so you can keep up with developments. So hard to be far away from the family in these big countries we live in but thank heavens for e-mail and computers. Do you use a computer phone site like Skype (there are others) that keeps the phone bills down as you talk through your broadband connection? You can even hook up a camera so you can see the family while you talk to them. I don't use mine alot unfortunately, we have to make appointments so we are all around at the same time, and my computer seems to have developed a sound problem which I must fix this week while I am home.

Mooz, good to hear from you too. Thanks for the e-card. I haven't played it yet due to the lack of sound as described above, but I will get to it this week. This Christmas will seem strange without Mum, but I am sure she will be there in spirit if not physically. One good thing about family memories - they can't be taken away even if Mum is not there. Is it snowing in Ireland yet? What did you have for Christmas dinner this year?

Our Breakfast/ Lunch was interesting, to say the least! DB2 said he had a chicken and would get some bacon and eggs so we left him to get on with it. After all this is the first time he has volunteered to get the food ready!!!! DS2 rang him on the Saturday before Christmas to see if he needed any last minute stuff as he (DS2) was going shopping. Oh DB2 said, didn't realise I had to do all that stuff as well! Good thing we asked wasn't it.

Anyway, time to go get on with the day. I hope you are all enjoying your Boxing Day celebrations and life is treating you all kindly.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:14 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 148.8

Height: 5 ft

Hi All,

Finally I can share some really good news. Gene and I checked out two residential homes that keep people like him so the caregiver can have a break. He really liked the smaller home and we made a commitment to take him there on the 14th of January. I was very lucky to get a really cheap ticket on US Airways--$198.00--nonstop to PA. There were only two seats at this price. The cost to keep Gene at this home is $90 per day. The lady wanted $100 but I negotiated the $90 charge. All of a sudden I feel less pressured and am really looking forward to seeing family. My bowling partner is taking Tiffany to his house and the wife said to give Gene their phone number just in case he needs anything. As far as dieting is concerned, I have decided to try Slimfast for a couple of meals and hopefully this will give me a pretty good start to get back on track. I still have two more meetings at WW that I have paid for so even though I will have a gain I am going to go.

Thanks again for all your support.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of you!

Anita
Nita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 02:20 PM   #145  

Good Afternoon Ladies -

Nita - Oh, I'm so excited for you. I know you have missed your family and were somewhat caught in the middle of leaving Gene and visiting family. Now you know he will be taken care of properly. I'm sure the kids are so excited to see you.

Mooz - I have to agree with Shad, your Mum is not here physically but she is always in your heart and here in spirit.

Shad - I too didn't get any cards out. I"m thinking of sending some new years's one. I was kinda of like DB2 a few years ago. I just never realized how much work my mother did to put on a family meal. How long are you in town?

Cat, Thin and Hal - Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.

As for me we all went to my brothers for the holidays, spent a few extra days there. Had a great time enjoying family. On a sad note, my good friend passed away on the 19th in her sleep. She was only 45, but had many complications due to diabetes & kidney failure. I had know her for about 25 years. I hadn't exercised for about 5 days but this morning got up and took a exercise class. I'm getting back on track with that. I start my eating healthy on Jan. 1.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:23 PM   #146  

Hello Ladies -

The New Year is upon is. Do you make New Year's Resolutions? If so what are yours?

Mine is to continue my exercise program and work out 3 days a week with morning class and to add 1 cardio class/machine.
Old 12-31-2006, 06:36 AM   #147  

Default Happy New Year

It's not quite here yet, but I've declared the year over and am off to bed - perchance to to dream (with apologies to Shakespeare)

I wish you all a very happy new year, may all your goals be achieved, may we all travel well and safely, may we all get to see our loved ones however far away they are and may we lose our weight slowly, surely and safely.

Old 01-01-2007, 03:37 PM   #148  

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Old 01-03-2007, 10:04 PM   #149  

Hello Ladies,

It was so hard to get up this morning and work out, BUT I did it. And of course it felt as if I hadn't exercised in a long time. My knees and legs seemed so stiff. This week i'm focusing on drinking more water, eating 2 fruits and taking my vitamin. That's it.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:24 PM   #150  

Default RE: Happy New Year

Hey Movers and Losers!

Another year rolls in, and I am just fine. These last few years have been really difficult ones for me, and I guess it is time to acknowledge the difficulty and move on. While I was writing holiday cards I ran into a picture of me just a few years ago, and it could have been a decade ago if you did not know me. Stress and sadness is written all over recent pictures. Knowledge is power, and I am ready to power up!

Rocky and I went to Indiana for Christmas week. My youngest nephew stayed with us in the hotel all week. What fun it was. I spent 90% of my time helping my sister get her house/things in order. I think I told you she had a stroke in October. She lost mobility on her right side, but is slowly returning. For whatever reason, my brothers that live close to her have not help her. I worry for her, and will continue to work to find resources for her to make things better/easier for her. Currently local churches are coming in to help her and the boys.

I saw myself in a few holiday pictures and it is scary. I've never been as large as I am now. Time to get serious.

Anita: Thanks for your holiday card!

Mooz: Thanks for your eholiday card!

Rocky has a harness that fits well and we are going to begin daily walking. We will both enjoy the benefits.

I'll do my best to post routinely. I do appreciate each of you and this blog.

Happy, Healthy New Year!
HalGal is offline   Reply With Quote