Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 11:13 AM   #16  
searching 4 the real me

Hello Everyone!! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I went to weigh myself and no loss but no gain either. It's been this way for a couple of weeks so I guess it's my turn again to plateau It does get frustrating but.. I just keep going. I'm going to change some of my foods up and see if that helps and change some of my exercising. I will not let this get to me.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:37 PM   #17  
I'm on the wagon

S/C/G: 314/275.5/125

Height: short stuff

ssgtswife33

Sorry to hear you didn't lose any. But you have lost a LOT already! So obviously what you are doing is working well, so give yourself mental points for that. You know what works, and eventually it will kick back in I'm sure.
I haven't reached any plateaus yet since it's still pretty early for me, but I'm sure it will be depressing for me as well when it happens. Just remember that if you keep doing it, it will eventually start again
Old 08-08-2006, 03:49 PM   #18  
SO Determined!

Height: 5'8"

ssg'swife...have you changed up your workout routine lately?? I talked with a personal trainer and he said the way to bust out of a plateau is to only do cardio (atleast an hours worth) for a week or two, no strength training, and work it hard, really push yourself, then start adding in weight training again, and it should bust you out....try it and see if it helps. Looks like you've already done a GREAT job losing a TON of weight, now all you have to do is get back on the horse and lose a few extra measly pounds.
I on the other hand had a gain of about a pound, but that's because I thought I'd start easing carbs back into my diet, which was a big fat mistake. I'd rather lose the weight I need to, and be on a steady workout plan before I do that...I still have about 17 lbs to lose before I'm happy. I need to get my lazy butt in gear and go to the gym!
Old 08-08-2006, 07:29 PM   #19  
searching 4 the real me

Abbeycat~ I'm glad you haven't experienced a plateua. Since I started loosing the weight, this is probably the 2nd time that I hit a plateua but I am fixing to change some of my eating & exercising routines around and hopefully that will kick my weight loss back into gear.

Missy~ I haven't changed it up yet but I'm about too. I might go ahead and do cardio full force like you mentioned. It doesn't hurt to try. I know what you mean by those carbs. I tell you, they can be evil sometimes!! *lol* I'm doing a low carb diet and at times, I want to add just a few more carbs in there. It sounds crazy but I find myself arguing with the inner me at times on why I shouldn't have certain carbs.

Last edited by ssgtswife33; 08-14-2006 at 01:27 AM.
Old 08-09-2006, 06:23 AM   #20  
SO Determined!

I am so frustrated, it seems the plateau bug has hit me as well....I've been stagnant this whole week, I even worked my butt off at the gym, and I honestly think it's because i've steered away from eating 5 smaller meals/day and gone to eating 3 larger ones. Well, that'll change today. DH gave me a really nice ab workout at the gym yesterday, definately helps working with someone you want to impress, haha.Will prob go to the gym tonight because I feel guilty for not losing anything, I'd be satisfyed with a pound a week right now...but that won'e help me meet my goal for this month, so! Action must be taken!! Freaked out because I started Phase 2 and had some whole wheat thin pizza crust with SBD friendly toppings, gained a lb (notice I went from 193 to 194?) HOWEVER, after reading some really inspiring posts about Phase 2 (the weight gain WILL happen but it's just your body readjusting to the new carbs, etc. and it WILL come back off after you adjust made me feel a lot better. Just sounds like it will take some fine tuning to figure out which breads I CAN eat, and what time of day I can eat them with the least negative affect.

Aside from that, hubby passed his tape test today (YAY!! He lost 2" off his waist, he's doing awesome on this diet too, but seems to have hit a plateau as well.) AND we went to speak to a college counsellor for him to start taking classes so he can get his commission and become an officer! Until then, we will have him studying for his E-5 (SGT) board in October, Soldier of The Month board is in September.....that's all, I'm rambling now, but seriously, if I don't report on my workout by tomorrow morning, someone KICK MY BUTT!!!! Good luck today ladies!

I can just TASTE the 180's...it is my true goal to break out of the 190's and into the 180's by the end of this month, wish me luck!

Last edited by missyb4ever; 08-09-2006 at 03:07 PM.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:19 PM   #21  
I'm on the wagon

missyb4ever

Hey girl.. don't fret. NO way you're at a plateau yet. I'm just going by your ticker of course, which says you've lost 6. Did you just start out recently? I've read lots of posts about plateaus and they say you can't really consider it a plateau until it's weeks and weeks with no loss. So this is a GOOD thing for you.

I don't do the SB diet so I can't comment on that part but what I will say is that if you are following your plan, exercise and eating well, it does sometimes take a bit of time. Some weeks you see none, or less, and then other weeks, bang! For instance, I lost 3 this week, nothing last week. The week I lost nothing i was a bit sad, but it was TOM for me, so I likely was holding water.

Just focus on the prize, as they say. Follow the instructions, do what the program says, you WILL see a loss, some weeks more than others, some less. Don't get discouraged, we are here for you, and you WILL do it.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:42 AM   #22  
SO Determined!

Abbeycat, you were right, I'd hit a bump in the road and mistaken it for a plateau...thanks. As you can see, I went down a pound, only 4 more to go this month!! I'm 1 lb shy of my 1 lb/week theory since I started this whole diet thing, so I'm almost theoretically on track.......I'm making excuses aren't I?? Ok, I digress...but I'm excited because I'm almost where I wanted to be on the timeline of things when this all got planned out.

Going to the gym today, probably twice, once for cardio, once for weights - who knows, I actually feel lazy just sitting here so I'll probably get dressed and go shortly after finishing my breakfast, GOOD LUCK TODAY LADIES, and remember, NO EXCUSES!!!!!
Old 08-10-2006, 12:24 PM   #23  

You gals are doing great! Don't let a little plateau slow you down! Keep thinking what your hubby will say when he sees you and that keeps you plugging along.

Missy, when Jack was still in the Navy they put him on weight control. Now get this, he was 6'2" and weighed 175 lbs! The Navy used to and don't know if they still do, use a tape measure method for body fat that stinks. Because he was bigger around the middle when they did their hocus pocus they said he was OVERWEIGHT! I felt sorry for him because the man was rail thin, they could see that and still kept him on weekly PT's because they said he was overweight. Poor guy had bad knees from the steel decks of the ships and still had to keep running every week even though he couldn't lose an ounce. That went on for the last 4 years he was in the Navy and all he did those last four years was TEACH AVIATION ELECTRONICS so he sat on his behind the whole time.

I continue to pray a big prayer for all your guys who are overseas or in combat that God will put his hand on them and protect them.

Keep up the good work girls and look forward to the ULTIMATE GOAL PRIZE, your husband coming home!

Faye
Old 08-10-2006, 05:55 PM   #24  
I'm on the wagon

missyb

Good for you, congrats on the lb lost!
Don't fret too much about how much how fast. Just focus on doing the right things and it will come off. You might see less one week and more on another. It will balance out... at least so far that's what's goin on with me. One week I had nothing, then the next i had a good week. But steadily I've been doing the same thing.

gma2one
My hubby got home on Monday and not going away again until end of October. This week is a bit of a small struggle cause he's sleeping a LOT and not quite being himself. He's so tired out. Poor guy
Old 08-10-2006, 07:09 PM   #25  
searching 4 the real me

missy~ Congrats on the lbs lost!!

I haven't weighed myself in the past couple of days. I switched some of the things I was eating around and changed up my exercise so I'll wait another week or so and then weigh myself.

I hope everyone is having a good day.

Last edited by ssgtswife33; 08-14-2006 at 01:26 AM.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:52 PM   #26  
SO Determined!

Ladies, I propose a challenge....anyone up for accepting it?? Here's the deal.

We all struggle to make time to exercise...atleast everyone I know does. But I was thinking of a challenge for myself for this month and into the next few months that would become a lifestyle change, and it's come down to this. Finding ATLEAST a half an hour a day to exercise. I say ATLEAST because obviously the more you work out, the better the benefits, but if I could just find a half hour a day, I KNOW I would see some really positive results. SO - I will update this every day with what I've done exercise-wise...and I challenge you to do the same. Do a workout video, go on a 30 minute walk, jump rope, whatever it takes, a half hour is such a small amount of time to devote to our bodies. I'm starting today, is anybody with me?
Old 08-13-2006, 01:01 PM   #27  
SO Determined!

Oh come on ladies, did everyone take the weekend off or what??? Well, I'm headed to the gym with DH in about 10 more minutes...I hope you've worked your butts off!!! I expect a full report from everyone on Monday! (P.S. I don't want to jump to conclusions, but the scale said 192.6 this morning!!!)
Old 08-13-2006, 04:22 PM   #28  
I'm on the wagon

Hi Missy,

Hmm... it's a good idea you have, but I usually have a different exercise schedule. I keep to a commitment of 40 mins cardio on one day, then 20 the next with weight training after. I do that for 5 days, then usually on Saturday I go for a walk outside and no exercise usually on Sunday.

My 'committed' time is just that, my promise to myself. But some days I go over that. Depends on how I feel at the moment or how tired I am that day. Some days I commit to 40 mins but actually end up going for 60.

I did do 30 mins walking yesterday, and Sunday is my off day, but I might still go out for a walk outside later tonight.

~Angie
Old 08-14-2006, 01:25 AM   #29  
searching 4 the real me

Hi Everyone!! I hope everyone had a great weekend. I haven't really had a chance to get on the pc the past couple of days to post. This past week has not been a good week. My eating & water was not where it should have been. Alot of stuff going on and couldn't get myself motivated. I have just been so wore out.... Monday starts a new week for me... it's going to be very successful. What happened last week stays behind me. I'm pushing myself hard this week.

Abbey~ Your workout routine looks pretty good. When I head to the gym, I do the same thing. I plan on staying there for about 1hr and sometimes end up working at 1 1/2 hrs. My plan is to get up early and get my workout at the gym done with before the little ones get up... I'll hit the pool in the afternoon with the kids for another little workout and then do my evening walk with the kids.

~jENN
Old 08-15-2006, 10:08 PM   #30  
SO Determined!

So, I've been hitting the gym for the past three days with DH, doing 30 min cardio, and alternating between working abs & arms, then legs. I can definately feel a difference in my hamstrings, can feel them getting stronger, hooray!! Now, if I could just loose some of the jiggly bat wings on my arms by the time October rolls around, I'll be somewhat happy No updates on weight lost I've stalled again...hopefully not for long!
Closed Thread