3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Being Accountable: Weekly Challenge 2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/90458-being-accountable-weekly-challenge-2-a.html)

Marti 07-31-2006 11:08 AM

Being Accountable: Weekly Challenge 2

Weekly Challenge:

Another chance at doing a challenge!:) This one may be an easier challenge for some. And since it got the most votes this is what we're going to try.

It was also borrowed from the support forum. (Gotta give credit where credit is due) I was a part of this challenge way back when I first started and really enjoyed it....and I think some of you may enjoy it also.

What does it involve? Well let me tell ya.....

Each week you choose something that you really have a hard time doing and you do it for the week.:hun: :lifter: BUT--the difference between this and the 21 day challenge is:....you DON'T have to do this every day of the week! (The week consist of Monday through Sunday----yes weekends too!)

Say for instance.....you really want to cut down on sugar...but you know you can't last for the full 21 days:no: (as in the 21 day challenge) but you know you can at least work it in some of the days in a week.:yes: You can choose how many days such as 3 or 4 or 5.....(but no less than 3 please) and then commit yourself to it.

AND....it doesn't have to be all in a row either!:cb: You may decide to not eat sugar for 4 days. So on Monday you have no sugar, but on Tuesday you can have some, on Wednesday none, then Thurdsday...(you get the idea) As long as you complete the amount of days you committed yourself to.

So what do you think? Think we can commit to doing this?:high: Let's give it a try!

jules1216 07-31-2006 12:25 PM

Okay..here's mine--I have a terrible time with adding salt. I am one of those people who salt before tasting because I KNOW there is not enough in whatever it is I am eating(There is a salt shaker in my drawer at work and whn I was pregnant with DD, DH used to take the salt to work with him!!).

So, my challenge will be not to add any extra salt to any of my meals for 5 days this week and to not cheat while cooking and add additional salt then. I don't usually add "salt to my taste" when cooking becaus eit would be way too salty for hubby. I've already salted my Lean Cuisine so I have the next six days to get it done!!

FrouFrou 07-31-2006 03:29 PM

Okay, I'm here for the challenge this week.

I am working on my exercise...got lazy and haven't done any in the last two weeks. :nono:

So...I will go to It Figures M-W-F and walk on T & Thurs, maybe Saturday. Five days of working out for sure. I've got to get movitivated again and not let the heat be an excuse.

Onward ladies...

Jane 07-31-2006 03:39 PM

Mine will be the same as last week, with an additional 200 calories on Sunday. Somehow, I need those to make it through. :dizzy:

Jules - I have been trying to cut down on salt, too, because I add too much to the tomatoes and cantaloupe I've been eating.

Cristi - if you walk outside, make sure it's real early in the day so you don't melt or pass out from the heat! Love the lipstick, lol.

suetalks 07-31-2006 04:47 PM

My challenge this week is going to be to write down everything I eat. I know what I am supposed to eat/how much, etc. I just don't do it. If I do a diary and get eating properly I know I will feel more like exercising. (I blame the heat for not walking...but I know I could exercise inside if I wanted to.)

Marti 08-01-2006 02:29 AM

This week is WATER.

I have come to realize that I haven't been drinking much.....AGAIN!

Not sure why it's such a problem. In the summer, You'd think it'd be easier.

Anyway....plan is:

5days of drinking at least 40oz of water.

Yep, that should do it. :D

Jane 08-01-2006 03:38 PM

Just reporting in - yesterday was totally OP.

Hope you're doing well, too. :)

FrouFrou 08-01-2006 05:21 PM

Jane...I wish I looked good with red lipstick, lol! Tried it before and ick! I looked like a clown. WTG on day 1 of being OP! :carrot:

Did make it to It Figures yesterday but no walk today. Not feeling so great for some reason...thinking it is the heat. So that means I DO have to walk Saturday for sure.

Sue...I started writing everything down also...figure it can't hurt.

suetalks 08-01-2006 07:04 PM

I have done good at writing foods down. I just didn't do so well at what it was. Well, 2 meals out of 3 were okay. Shooting for 3 meals tomorrow.

The day is not over yet and I hope to do WATP tonight. We will see.

Keep up the good work folks!

suetalks 08-01-2006 10:18 PM

I managed 20 minutes of walking exercises and 10 minutes of my arm exercises. I didn't eat after 8, right before 8 I had a Clementine. That didn't erase the poor choices from earlier, but didn't compound them either.

:)

suetalks 08-02-2006 10:03 AM

Best laid plans usually go awry with me. How about you? I had planned meals the last 2 days and they didn't work out that way. But not to give up, I am planning to fix chicken fajitas and lots of fresh veggies for dinner tonight. I had cereal and banana for breakfast and I already have a salad and clementine chilling for lunch. Need to make some sugar free jello also.
Have my shoes on and ready to go WATP. Back later!

Marti 08-02-2006 11:05 AM

I've had two successful days. Yesterday I almost didn't make it, but I grabbed another glass and downed it.

It's not like I'm drinking anything else instead of water....I'm just not drinking much at all. That's not good! :no:

So mornings I have my one cup of coffee....the rest of the day it's water.

Sheesh.....who knew it'd be this hard?!? :dizzy:

Jane 08-02-2006 11:10 AM

Cristina - this heat is making us all miserable and lethargic. Ick! We're supposed to get a break from it tomorrow, which hopefully that means you'll get yours today.

Sue - writing down everything helps me a lot. Some people use fitday.com where you can track all the nutrients, etc. and love it. I use lined school paper in a notebook, and do this when I'm away from the computer, usually when I'm watching TV with Neal at night, for the next day's food.

I'm still doing well with the food. I have to say - last night I wanted something sweet so bad, and luckily there was nothing in the house. So I very slowly ate a bread and butter pickle spear that's made with Splenda, and odd as it sounds, that gave me just enough sweetness to make it through. Not saying that will always work, but it did last night.

I decided to go ahead and report my progress here, because the rest of you are sharing, and I think it's right that I do, too. I'm happy to say that last week I lost 4 pounds. Of course, this is of weight I regained, but at least I'm doing something about it before it ALL comes back, right?

Have an OP day, ladies. :hug:

Jane 08-02-2006 11:13 AM

Marti - we were posting at the same time. YAY for you getting your water in. :carrot: If it will help, you might want to try to drink it at room temp. When I first started drinking it that's what got me through. Just a thought. :hug:

FrouFrou 08-02-2006 04:30 PM

Okay, so not doing so good so far. But...I still can get in the five days so all is not lost. I did get to It Figures Monday, Tuesday was shot, as was/is today. Not a good feeling jumping around with a headache so I didn't make it to It Figures. I am going tomorrow and Friday so will still get my three days in there and walk on Sat. & Sunday regardless. Just going to have to suck it up and DO IT! I have to.

JANE...WTG on the four pounds! :carrot: That's awesome! Glad to hear you are doing well with the food. I bought grapes to ward off that old pesky sweet tooth of mine...whatever works for us, right? The pickle actually sounds good too!

MARTI...WTG on the water! :carrot: I drink mine room temperature. Can't really handle the cold water for some reason unless I have been in the heat for hours.

SUE...WTG on WATP! :carrot: