Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 04:34 PM   #16  
Ladean

S/C/G: 246/148/maintaining

Height: 5'8

Default What kind of challenge are you doing?

I'm new, and trying to figure out these forums.

Thanks

Old 08-02-2006, 10:38 PM   #17  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

I did do the WATP and felt good. DH wanted pizza for lunch, so my salad got left for tomorrow. I didn't do too badly with lunch and for dinner I had just one half of a tortilla with chicken fajita and one spoonful of rice/veggies. And thanks to the pizza I wasn't very hungry for dinner. I know, I should have said NO to the pizza, but I have the willpower of a flea.

Hey, I wrote it all down. LOL

Tomorrow: More exercise, less food!
Old 08-02-2006, 10:41 PM   #18  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Ilostit4ever..my challenge is to write down my food choices. I can already see that i am making very poor choices. Others are challenging themselves to drink more water or exercise. You name your challenge. Come join us! Amble on over to the chit-chat thread. We would love to meet you.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:48 AM   #19  
Ladean

Thanks Sue, I think challenging ourselves is a great motivating tool...I am maintaining and I am bored with what I am doing, so I've decided to switch to Atkins for awhile, so that will be my challenge, do stick to Atkins for a week or two and see what happens...Thanks for the warm welcome.
Old 08-03-2006, 03:54 PM   #20  
GmaTo8

Cristina - I can surely understand why you wouldn't want to do jumping around exercise with a headache. Hope you felt well enough today to go. Did you get a break in the heat at all? It's not as hot here, but the humidity is awful. Blech!

Sue - it's all about portion control, don't you think so? A small amount of pizza would be ok, eaten with a lot of veggies on the side to fill us up, that is, lol. Also, good for you, for getting in the habit of writing it down!

Ilostit4ever - a big welcome to you! Yay for you being on maintenence! I was on it too, then I got lazy about planning my food everyday, and now I'm back to losing. As Sue said - pop on in at the Weight Loss and Chit Chat thread.

Marti & Julie - how're you guys doing?

I'm still OP, and can feel the energy of eating healthy foods. Hope this lasts!
Old 08-03-2006, 05:53 PM   #21  
Ladean

Smile

Jane, thanks for the warm welcome...I'm just learning and not sure what the chit chat thread is, but I'm sure I'll get it figured out.Thanks again..And hey, I have lost count how many time, I was on the having to lose end, the Important thing is that your catching it before it gets out of control
Old 08-03-2006, 09:51 PM   #22  
GmaTo8

The chit chat thread is the "Weight loss and chit chat #206" thread, listed on the Jaded Ladies main page. You might want to read the last one, #205, to catch up with everyone's news, before you post on #206, since #206 was just started. Hope to see you there.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:10 PM   #23  
a work in progress

Been drinking my water...just really busy the last couple of days and haven't had as much time to post. Hang in there, everyone!
Old 08-04-2006, 01:03 AM   #24  

Height: 5'1"

Another successful day.....so how many days is that for me?? Who cares...I'll just keep going!

Looks like everyone is doing great.

Ilostit4ever--Welcome! Glad to have you here! Hope to hear more from ya!

MaryKate--Water is my challenge this week and it started out harder than I wanted...but now it's going down. Pop in when you're feeling better.

Jane--4lbs is awesome!! I'm so proud of you!!! Keep up the good work. I need to keep my challenges different each week, so I may do a calorie challenge next week.

Cristi--Headaches and jumping DEFINATELY don't mix. Take it easy if you're having migraines and such. There is always next week if it gets to be too much. We want to do this safely. So be careful and don't force yourself ok.

Sue--I have WATP DVD's and have only viewed them and used them a few times. I really need to get them out. Good job at writing it all down. That's a great idea too. Heck...I may borrow all ideas from you girls!

What ever weight I may have lost on the first I feel like I have gained and double. TOM has me feeling so bloated and miserable. And the heat doesn't help. But I'm still hanging on.

Keep up the good work girls!
Old 08-04-2006, 10:09 AM   #25  
GmaTo8

Mary Kate - yay on drinking the water. I was surprised to read awhile back that it gives us energy, but it's really true, isn't it? How's the heat in CA? Seventy-two delicious degrees here in Indiana this morning. Ahhhhh.....

Marti - yay for you, too, toots! One good thing about TOM water weight is that it goes away, lol. Hope you're feeling better!

Hope you other gals are doing well, too.

Another really good day yesterday. I'm 4 for 4.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:49 AM   #26  
Ladean

Talking

Good morning, doing great on Atkins, today is day 3, and I can honestly say this is the first time since I started losing weight that I am not feeling a bit hungry, I guess it's the protein keeping me full...I hope you all are having a good day and will have a great weekend.
Old 08-04-2006, 06:11 PM   #27  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Okay, so I didn't make it to It Figures yesterday but I did get a mile walk in...guess that counts for something. I did go to It Figures this morning and I did a 1.20 mile walk on the treadmill also and I must say it felt good. Tomorrow I am getting up early and doing a 3-mile walk, the same Sunday.

HI and ILostIT4Ever! WTG on day 3!

JANE...WTG on staying OP so far!

MARTI and MARYKATE...WTG on getting the water down!

SUE...WTG on getting the WATP done! And a little bit of pizza won't kill ya...like Jane said, it's all about portion control. And you are writing it down so good for you!

I missed a couple of days of writing everything down but I have been carrying my notebook around with me. And I planned out my meals for today and so far so good. I've been doing great with the water and vitamins.

Hope everyone had a great day today!
Old 08-04-2006, 06:44 PM   #28  
Ladean

Christina, good for you for getting to the gym..Isn't it funny how we dread or put off going, when we know we are going to feel so good about ourselves aterwards? Human nature is a strange thing...I think you deserve a pat on the pack....My exercise today was doing 30 min of the Biggest Loser DVD, and 30 min on my gazelle, I am slacking with the exercise lately, I was doing 1.5 hours a day 6 days a week, now I've only been doing about 3 days a week, so I need to get my rear in gear and get back on track.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:52 PM   #29  
GmaTo8

Ilostit4ever - sounds like you're doing a great job with the food and exercise, both. YAY for you! Btw, when you're ready, is there a name we can call you? Just when/if you're ready for that, though, ok?

Cristina - heck yeah, a mile walk counts for.... well, a mile! I think that's great, considering the heat we've had. And yay to you for the rest of your progress. I'm trying to not worry about increasing my exercise (which mean DO some, lol) until I for sure have the food thing down pat for 3 or 4 weeks. My foot is so much better, that I think I'm going to invest in a treadmill again.

Although the day isn't over yet, unless I have a major meltdown, or something, I'm good for another day. The only problem I've been having is being a little heavy-handed with the salt shaker on the melons I've been eating. But, hey, at least it's not salt on potato chips that I'm eating, right?

Have a good one, ladies.
Old 08-05-2006, 08:36 AM   #30  
Ladean

Jane, my name is Ladean, and thanks I'm feelin good, day 4 of Atkins, and I am down .5 pounds so far woooohoooo.
Closed Thread