Old 08-02-2006, 11:30 PM   #76  

Amany- aw sweetie! you didn't trivialize, my words looked kinda funny in response, I'm sorry about that.

Eviction is a really tough thing, from what I know about it in my state- even more so with people that have children. (I don't think these guys have kids- sheesh I hope not... )
AquaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 07:22 AM   #77  
Proud Twinmom

S/C/G: 250.5/223.5/147

Height: 5'8

Okay, add me to the list. I met my husband online as well. We have been married going on 7 years and he is absolutely wonderful. I wouldn't trade him for the world. I wouldn't go out and say that it is the best way to meet someone, but it was wonderful for us. It can be risky. People lie about who they are, however, that was not the case for us. It was not a dating cite, we are of the same religion and so we started talking and the relationship progressed from there. I think the advantage of meeting online is for the longest time, all we did was talk. We formed a real bond and connection before we even knew what each other looked like. We are genuinely friends, so that is what we fall back on when times may be a little rough. My husband is so mild. I met him in 98 and I can honestly say that in all these years he has NEVER raised his voice at me. He is a very kind person. It's been awhile, so we didn't have the luxury of webcams , but we sent pics back and forth and after awhile he came down to visit. Like i said, it has been a wonderful experience for me, so I certainly have no issue with online dating. My circle of friends and associates are pretty religious, so it is not something that I advertise, but since I saw your experience Amanda, I thought I would chime in.

Well, one of my babies are waking up.

Ciao!

Elycia
u2girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 08:10 AM   #78  

Cool

Good morning ladies!

Well, another day. I hope everybody's feeling good and ready to go. I'm gonna hop on the tread in a bit, and I have all my food mapped out so I'm ready.

Have a great day!
Old 08-03-2006, 08:42 AM   #79  
Staying Positive!

S/C/G: 398/258/199

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2girl
Well, I talked to my insurance company today and thankfully since we have renters insurance, we are going to be reimbursed for food spoilage. I just have to do an itemization of what was spoiled. I filed a claim this morning. I am so happy that we have renters insurance. I didn't know that they would reimburse until my husband mentioned it last night.
Elycia do you think homeowners insurance would do the same thing?
rkrs6673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 09:03 AM   #80  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Morning Ladies!!

AquaGirl, no apology is necessary. You're fine. I wasn't offended. You know what? There are times that I think it's bad that human beings have become so civilized. Just think. Maybe 150 years ago, Danielle and all her neighbors could have shown up on those jerks' doorstep with torches chanting, "Get out, get out.", and tossed them onto the street. And that would have been the end of it.
BTW, I feel good today. Posting on this thread has made me feel excited about doing something about my weight. I don't feel as if it's a chore anymore. Good for you for hopping on the treadmill this morning!

Danielle & Elycia, I often wonder how many happy marriages exist because two people met online. Of course it's risky. Weird things can happen. That's what made that chat room I used to go to so interesting in the first place. It was a local AOL chat and a lot of the people had met, had brief flings, fallen out and then it seemed like they'd just switch partners. Plus they had these outings together that were always weird. It was like online Melrose Place or something. It was crazy. A couple of times someone's boyfriend or girlfriend would show up and confront a person in the chat room about being with his or her mate. I would just sit there in amazement not really understanding how in the world any of this was going on.
If done honestly and with patience, though, I really think you can end up finding the perfect person for you. You can find out that you have a lot in common with a person without sex being a distraction. Or nervousness. Or feeling like you need to act or look perfect. Elycia, like you, I never advise people to look for love online. We're proof that it happens though.

I didn't exercise this morning. The bed just felt so good. That means I'll have to do it when I get home. I'm afraid to miss a day because I don't want to fall into the habit of putting it off.

Have a great day everyone. I'll check in later.
Amany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 09:04 AM   #81  
Staying Positive!

THANK YOU so much Elycia I just called my homeowners company and my food loss is also covered! i AM SO EXCITED we spent so much money buying new food to replaced all that we had lost
Old 08-03-2006, 12:18 PM   #82  
oh to be this graceful

S/C/G: 293/270/160

Height: 5'9''

Sorry Ladies, I haven't posted in a bit,
I kind of locked myself into getting this room done by the end of vacation and now have to wait for the floor primer to dry before i can start again. was getting a little high on the fumes

Elycia and Rkrs glad to hear the insurance company is going to cover some of the cost of your food and expenses.

I loved reading on how some of you met your husbamds and SO's, i met mine online also and yes there are dangers though most are just the bad humor i found.
Well gotta get some more fans to dry the floor i want to get started again talk more later
Anna
flawlesscube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 12:55 PM   #83  
Proud Twinmom

S/C/G: 250.5/223.5/147

Height: 5'8

RK, so glad that your homeowners insurance worked out for you! I am so happy. That power outage really was a blow to our finances and it helped so much that our insurance is going to do this, with no deductible. I am with American Family. My mother is with Allstate. Can you believe that Allstate wants my mom to pay a $250 deductible before they will payout? Isn't that ridiculous??!! What is the likelihood of someone have $250 worth of grocery in their refrigerator? Say they had $300 because they have a deep freeze or something. I'm going to pay $250 for a $50 payout????!! That is so ridiculous. I left Allstate a long time ago because they make me sick. They are notorious for not standing behind their customers. I called Allstate on behalf of my mother to try to understand their reasoning for this and now they say that they are considering waiving the dedubtible and compiling a list of those that want to be updated when a decision is made. Darn right! I'm sure they have gotten an earful from alot of angry policy holders. The nerve! Anyways, glad all worked out for you and thanx everyone for the kind words and congrats!

Amanda and Anna, I see that some of us have more in common than meets the eye. That's great! I am sure that we will all find more over the course of our weight loss journey. I love the internet. Sometimes my husband and I talk and it amazes us the way that we met. I know that my family just knew we wouldn't last and I would venture to say that we have 1 of the best marriages on either side of our family. Granted, my husband is from TN and we have 1 more thing that many viewed as a marriage breaker...we are in interracial marriage. So the internet, plus that made many think that we were doomed before we started, but they couldn't be more wrong.

Well, I better get going. I haven't worked out yet today, but it is something on my agenda to get in today. Congrats on the 5 lb loss Anna. Great job.

Take care!

Elycia
u2girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 12:55 PM   #84  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

hi everyone i lost track of what i ate yesterday so i dont think i did so well plus i didnt exercise i really need to make myself a schedule oh well today is a new day right
miafluker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 01:29 PM   #85  
oh to be this graceful

Elycia, glad to hear about the insurance company switch. your childrens pic is adorable. okay back to the paint fumes
Anna
Old 08-03-2006, 01:30 PM   #86  
Staying Positive!

I really like reading how you ladies met your hubby's online. I think it is kind of cute. I met my husband when I was 13 in junior high. We were best friends and didn't start dating until I went away to college. So I have known him for more than half my life. Plus he has always liked/Loved me for the person I truly am. My mother told me when I was in Highschool that we would get married. I told her "NO WAY" I guess sometimes mothers really do know best.

Elycia...I can't believe they would want your mom to pay that high of a deductible. That defeats the purpose of even making a claim. We are with a company on the east coast called Homesite insurance. We do not have a deductible so I was happy about that. Again I am happy you also didn't have to come out of any money to help get your food replaced.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:01 PM   #87  

Hey gals, checking to see how you're doing.

I have a question for you all. Has anyone done a liquid diet for any length of time?
I am going to do it. I have it figured out, and I will be taking vitamins. In fact I already started it today. The reason is to get away from sugars (the addiction is what I am attempting to break) for a while. I have been sort of disciplined, but I made a deal with myself that if the calender wasn't doing what I intended after a week or so, I would go a step further and really tighten the reigns on this diet.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:19 PM   #88  
oh to be this graceful

Aqua, i haven't but worked closely with someone who had, not sure if that would help. Good luck and would love to hear howit is going for you
Anna
Old 08-03-2006, 02:19 PM   #89  

Rkrs, hey there. I'm glad you're items were covered too. I guess good news it contagious. Wow, so you're married to your best friend. I think that's beautiful. You know what's weird? My husband and I went to the same church up until I was about 7 or 8 years old. I don't remember him at all, but he remembers me. Only because my family is so huge (5 boys, 2 girls), and my father is so outgoing, that we sort of stood out.

Anna.... I hope you're not enjoying those fumes. Isn't it great to actually have the time to get something accomplished? I hope you're getting to rest too though.

Elycia, families can be a pain at times. Thankfully my husband and I don't allow our families to interfere in our marriage. And we don't let them give us any unsolicited advice. We're both easy going about about a lot of issues, but we're fiercely protective of our relationship. It's a good thing we are too, because we're both related to really instrusive people who love having something to "chew" on. I applaud the relationship you have with your husband.

Hi Mia. Oh, Hon, don't worry about that one day. It's gone. You have today! Just climb back on, it will be fine.

Well, I'd better go. I'm at work and I need to work on the invoices. TTYL

AquaGirl, how was the treadmill?
Old 08-03-2006, 02:23 PM   #90  

I missed your post Aqua. I only know one person that did that. A teacher I used to have. I think she lost about 70 pounds. She did put back on about 10 or 15 pounds later but, from what I understand, she's kept the rest off.

I read a post by someone on the forum about Opti-Fast. She's losing really fast. Is that what you're doing? Or something similar?